Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

That's why I'm learning another. I know I'm gonna be playing the same people and need to keep them on their toes. Ha

I'm looking forward to the power rankings!

[quote name='Zurezo']I'm in the process of changing playbooks, anybody else done this?[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to find a playbook that suits my play style (and the Colts, not used to using a good team), as I've used a different one in each game I've played so far.

I just need a more balanced and pass heavy playbooks. I'm working on those two right now. I found the passing playbook that I love

Who is get abolished? What's his CAG username?

I can play Colts/Chiefs anytime Saturday night, or anytime Sunday really. Sunday morning (anytime before 1pm CST) preferred, as I'll have the house to myself then. ;)

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hydro you should take a look at jacksonville's playbook when If I play with the colts offline I use there's.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll take it for a spin when I get a chance to play.

[quote name='bvharris']Oh, I'm looking forward to the slaughter. :bomb:

Anytime tomorrow works for me.[/QUOTE]
I don't know about slaughter. I've been playing like crap lately in online matches. Should be a good game though.

[quote name='Doomtime']I don't know about slaughter. I've been playing like crap lately in online matches. Should be a good game though.[/QUOTE]

Haha, apparently you're not familiar with my recent work. :D

I've been super busy all week since my loss to Darth, so I've had zilch time to practice, so I don't have high hopes for my performance.

I'll say this: I certainly need a win, or I'm going to be putting myself in a really deep hole in the division.

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']Hey Matt Young your inbox is full FYI, so I cannot respond to your PM.

So I will just post here, I guess.

Assuming we advance before tonight, let's shoot for a evening game tonight if you can, if not anytime this weekend is fine. Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

Sorry; I just cleared space in my PM box. I doubt I can play tonight, but tomorrow late afternoon/early evening would work as long as we start by 6 P.M. Pacific time, since I'll be watching the UFC pay per view an hour later. If not, Sunday's open.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hydro check your pm s[/QUOTE]

I checked them, I have nothing from you other than the initial PM you sent me; which I replied to.

IMPORTANT

Is anyone around now that can advance us tonight? I told ubernes I'd take over as commish, but I just had plans come up and I'll be gone the next couple of days. I'm leaving in about two hours, so I need to hand off commissioner to someone else fairly quickly.

Please contact me if you would be able to handle this.

[quote name='BigAT']IMPORTANT

Is anyone around now that can advance us tonight? I told ubernes I'd take over as commish, but I just had plans come up and I'll be gone the next couple of days. I'm leaving in about two hours, so I need to hand off commissioner to someone else fairly quickly.

Please contact me if you would be able to handle this.[/QUOTE]

I vote bv.

[quote name='Doomtime']I offered to advance it. I don't have any plans for this evening.[/QUOTE]

If doomtime can do it then give him the Job or lets just advance tomorrow.

Turns out I might actually be able to advance us. Scott already finished his game with the CPU and the last game is already in the second quarter. If for whatever reason they don't finish before I have to leave, I'll let Doomtime advance us when appropriate.

Ramesu, the earliest I can play our game will likely be Sunday afternoon.

WE'RE ADVANCED TO WEEK 5

Now I'm off to the JERSEY SHORE. FISTPUMPACTION.

fuck that show. Only one of those assholes is even from New Jersey.

The game started out pretty even with the Seahawks kicking a last minute field goal in the first half to make the game 10-7. The even game turned sour for the Rams quickly after an interception by Lofa Tatupu in the 3rd quarter. Shortly after that the Seahawks ran away with the game and capped another turnover at the end to seal the deal, 31-14.

The Seahawks go to 3-1 on the season, while the Rams drop to 0-4.

Notable Players:
Matt Hasselbeck: 370 Passing Yards, 4 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions (148.2 QB Rating)
Golden Tate: 4 Receptions, 142 Yards, 2 Touchdowns
Lofa Tatupu: 7 tackles, 1 interception

[quote name='BigAT']Turns out I might actually be able to advance us. Scott already finished his game with the CPU and the last game is already in the second quarter. If for whatever reason they don't finish before I have to leave, I'll let Doomtime advance us when appropriate.

Ramesu, the earliest I can play our game will likely be Sunday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Sunday afternoon...lets shoot for 4pm?

ok, i have my schedule. New Job! Wahoo!

Essentially I am available after 630PM EST on Weekdays and free all weekend. I tend to do things on the weekends though, so ill talk to my opponent week by week.

Bengals Owner - Whats good for you? I'm out at a party from sometime in the afternoon/evening tomorrow, but other than free until monday.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hmmm seems like our division is getting pretty interesting Darth, Sayhey and GregThomas.[/QUOTE]

For real.
Even after only playing 4 games I'll be doing a dance around the house if I can even slide into a Wildcard slot, haha.

Ivan Hood destroyed me. 34-7. I think 5 interceptions and 1 Fumble recovered for a touchdown. might be 4/2. good job man.

I'm seeing such a difference in play styles. I was able to pass like crazy on the steelers, but couldnt get a run in. On the Bengals, I couldnt throw a pass without it being intercepted, but the running was strong.

I need to try and make some moves on the bucs I think. I dont even know where to start. this team is god awful.

Good game, jbrun85. Turnovers were definitely the difference in the game. The tipping point came toward the beginning of the third quarter, when Johnathan Joseph intercepted a pass from Josh Freeman and took it back 89 yards for a touchdown. On the ensuing kickoff, the Bengals forced a fumble and returned it for another touchdown. The strangest play of the game, though, came a few minutes later, when Chad Ochocinco apparently decided that he wasn't catching enough passes on offense. I'm not sure why, but Madden 11 put Ochocinco in the game as my backup CB, and it somehow paid off with another big interception.

The Bengals continue their slow crawl out of the grave, looking to reach .500 after their bye in week six.

My internet might be forcing my hand here. When I can't enjoy a single game for fear that I'll be disconnected each and every time, I find myself unable to fully invest into the league.

I was playing the Cards and had the game won with about 3 and a half minutes to go when my game randomly pauses for a second and I get a "you have lost your connection with your peer".

Its frustrating and starting to quickly become not worth it, which sucks as I enjoy this league and the competition a lot.

[quote name='Scotts85']My internet might be forcing my hand here. When I can't enjoy a single game for fear that I'll be disconnected each and every time, I find myself unable to fully invest into the league.

I was playing the Cards and had the game won with about 3 and a half minutes to go when my game randomly pauses for a second and I get a "you have lost your connection with your peer".

Its frustrating and starting to quickly become not worth it, which sucks as I enjoy this league and the competition a lot.[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude, I have to go do errands now but, when I get back we can work the game back where it was. As long as you don't DC you'll get the W back.

anyone know how to get coins not in ultimate madden and not buying them? Do they give them for playing regular exhibition and online games?

You get them in online games. It isn't as much compared to playing an online game in the Ultimate Madden mode though.

GG Doom. You won like I predicted, but I managed to keep it close for most of the game. Just couldn't stop you on offense, so I think you would win it no matter what. I basically fell out of it when Madden decided I had to play against you and it, haha. I'm pretty sure I had a few completions in that 2nd half which Madden decided my receivers would be dropping instead, and that first INT was pretty ridiculous (Sproles had it in his hands and was then like "here ya go"). That pass to Gates which was ruled incomplete out of bounds and upheld suspiciously has no replay available. Massive cover up!!! :D

As I said, you would have beat me no matter what, but I wish I'd been able to make it closer in the 2nd half (considering I had the lead at halftime).

Good game man, looks like the AFC West is yours.

Edit: Oh, and about kneeling. I appreciate the thought about running plays, since most people have their own peculiar thing about it. Glad my message cleared it up. For the record for everyone: If you've got the game well in hand, I have absolutely no problem with kneeldowns inside of two minutes. Especially in a game with this many injuries, I'd rather just get out of the loss healthy, haha.

Yeah, definitely a good game. I had nothing to do with Gates cover up. :lol: And that first pick was so hilarious, but I agree it was BS. You have a very sound offense and you are definitely better than your record shows. Still plenty of games to go man. Anything can happen in the division. (Especially if I lose McFadden or Campbell. Yikes :cry:) And about the kneels. A big thank you to letting me know. I did not want to look like an ass scoring another touchdown for no reason. But I wasn't sure if you wanted the ball back or no. So again, thank you for clearing that up.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yeah, definitely a good game. I had nothing to do with Gates cover up. :lol: And that first pick was so hilarious, but I agree it was BS. You have a very sound offense and you are definitely better than your record shows. Still plenty of games to go man. Anything can happen in the division. (Especially if I lose McFadden or Campbell. Yikes :cry:) And about the kneels. A big thank you to letting me know. I did not want to look like an ass scoring another touchdown for no reason. But I wasn't sure if you wanted the ball back or no. So again, thank you for clearing that up.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Everyone has their own feelings about it, it's tricky. At that point I had no real chance of winning even if I got the ball back, so like I said I'd rather just leave healthy. :D

I was convinced that long pass to Gates over the middle in the 3rd quarter was complete for the rest of the game, but when I checked out the replay it turns out he did drop that one, so I felt better.

As for my continuing prospects, I'm definitely aware my offense is decent, my biggest problem is obviously defense, as you found out. I was good at it last year and this year I'm just.. not. Not sure what to do to correct it. I still don't have a pick all season, haha.

if we are supposed to be playing like the real nfl, then I dont see why kneel downs would be an issue. They are appropriate.

[quote name='bvharris']No problem. Everyone has their own feelings about it, it's tricky. At that point I had no real chance of winning even if I got the ball back, so like I said I'd rather just leave healthy. :D

I was convinced that long pass to Gates over the middle in the 3rd quarter was complete for the rest of the game, but when I checked out the replay it turns out he did drop that one, so I felt better.

As for my continuing prospects, I'm definitely aware my offense is decent, my biggest problem is obviously defense, as you found out. I was good at it last year and this year I'm just.. not. Not sure what to do to correct it. I still don't have a pick all season, haha.[/QUOTE]
Ah well keep at it. Still only game five. And about the injuries, that update can't come soon enough! I hold my breath every time somebody gets injured in this game because more often than not they're out for an extended period of time. Hurry up EA!

[quote name='Doomtime']Ah well keep at it. Still only game five. And about the injuries, that update can't come soon enough! I hold my breath every time somebody gets injured in this game because more often than not they're out for an extended period of time. Hurry up EA![/QUOTE]

If it doesn't get fixed soon, Im pulling my players when Im up!

bread's done
Back