Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='siradam134']

HOLY CRAP....wow.

Time of Posession:

Vikings : 15:21
Jets: 4:39[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah I saw that going into the 4th when I was down by 7 and ready to tie it up and was like, 'if I win with just 5-6 minutes of possession... jesus.' yeah, I had a fair amount of large gains through the air. He had some big runs, but the clock was always running.

edit: haha define "fair amount", I just looked at the scoring summary. Edwards had scores for 62, 80 and 73 yards. And then I pick sixed him at the start of the 4th to tie it up, so that didn't take much time off the clock either obviously. I think all my scoring drives lasted like 45 seconds.

another amusing stat comparison 9 tackles versus 46 haha.

49ers over Eagles 49-27 , Good Game Pacer, I won't Lie I was worried in the beginning going down 20 to 7, But luckily my team rallied before Halftime.

I also wanted to mention that my defense showed up big and has not allowed a 100 yard rusher yet this season, I don't even think we allowed a 50 yard rusher, lol but I have to check that.

we held Jamal Charles to 9 yards, Michael Turner to 26 yards and now Lesean McCoy to 11 yards. I look forward to the challenge of Darren McFadden next week.

On a more Sad note Vernon Davis is out for 5 weeks, Looks like I will Have to change my gameplan up temporarily, I wish he could have waited til after week 6 lol

[quote name='Lexxon']...on an unrelated note, I have the Ravens week 7? I keep hearing "good" things about the Ravens...which probably means I'm going to loooose. Again. Oh well...if I lose like I did today more often I'll feel better about this bum-ridden team.[/QUOTE]

Iono what good stuff u could be hearin about the Ravens... we aint done a damn thing worth talkin about yet. My offense is playing well below their potential, and the defense has been suspect to say the least. I just hope I get some free time to really start "practicing". As it stands now, the only time u'll catch me playin madden is when i gotta play a league game. I dont wanna play anything else til the patch(es) are sent out. I lost a grand total of 6 games (4 regular season, 2 consecutive Superbowls) in two seasons in Madden 10. 5 games into the season and i'm already 1/3 of the way to tying (and subsequently breaking) that "record".

Lexxon, i work 8a-4:30p Est tue-thu this week so just let me know when you're free and we should be able to get this game knocked out PDQ.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']So no one has played an All-Madden game recently? I'm kinda curious if I'm the only one still struggling with it... :([/QUOTE]

I use My Skill so it goes up and down. Last game I played vs the Broncos, Orton torched me and my running game was nonexistent. I think I lost by 2 scores.

Last bit of news for Week 5. Chiefs/Colts are playing in the next 30 mins. Since I haven't heard anyone has a game scheduled after it I'm going to call it a night and advance us in the morning/afternoon. Had a long weekend that overlapped into this morning.

Good luck to everyone in Week 6.

[quote name='ubernes']I use My Skill so it goes up and down. Last game I played vs the Broncos, Orton torched me and my running game was nonexistent. I think I lost by 2 scores.[/QUOTE]

Thank you kind sir...I will look into this "My Skill" that you speak of. Sleep tight my princess.

Awesome I'm finally back in the League as the 0-5 Tennessee Titans, Haha. Hopefully I can aim for a Wild Card spot. I'm not sure who I play in Week 6 or if Ubernes has told you, but I won't be home until Wed (9/1) I'll be getting in Borderline Midnight EST. So I'll probably be around on Thursday to play my game. Won't have much going on, or at least nothing planned at the moment, so if you want to work around your schedule that'd work for me as well. Either that or just let me know when your free and we'll set something up. I'm happy to be back in! :)

Hopefully I can run wild with Chris Johnson and Vince Young.

Colts 35, Chiefs 20

Indianapolis needed to do something. After all, their team was 1-3 entering Week 5. The Colts had never been shutout during the regular season in the Peyton Manning era, yet the Giants did just that, winning 28-0 in Week 2. The Jaguars were out to prove that New York wasn't the only team to shutdown Manning, as they held the Colts to only 12 points in Week 4. This week, the Colts had something to prove. This was a statement game for the Colts.

Indianapolis' defense came out on the first drive of the game and intercepted Chiefs QB Matt Cassel, setting up a 24-yard touchdown pass from QB Peyton Manning to TE Dallas Clark. The Colts defense only allowed 181 yards of total offense -- 79 of those yards coming from a Jamaal Charles touchdown run on the Chiefs' second possession of the game. After that run, Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles only had 6 carries for 8 yards. Peyton Manning still looked a little off this week, only completing 50% of his passes; 3 for touchdowns, 2 of them interceptions (one being a 99 yd INT-TD)

The Chiefs' Matt Cassel didn't look much better against the stout Colts defense; completing only 52% of his passes with zero touchdowns and one interception.

Did you know? Colts DE Robert Mathis leads the league in sacks, with 6. :)

--

I felt I played a pretty horrible game on offense, but I was yet again trying a new offensive playbook out -- which made me feel very limited in my options (and it shows). Also Manning was throwing wild passes all over the field; I don't know what the hell that was about. Twice he wildly threw a screen pass out of bounds (not under pressure) and other times he just winged it WAY out of reach of anybody. It was pretty strange. I tried to test something out with Manning towards the end of the game, pretty much knowing what was going to happen, and the Chiefs ended up taking one of Manning's errant passes to the house for a 99 yard interception return for a touchdown. lol

[quote name='Deuce20602']Lexxon, i work 8a-4:30p Est tue-thu this week so just let me know when you're free and we should be able to get this game knocked out PDQ.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else :p

Either way, I work very similar hours (8-4 generally but it varies). I should be home by 5. However, we're not this upcoming set of games, but the one afterwards, I have a bye. (Hence Week 7!) I'm not sure what my weekend availability will be this week, but I'll communicate with you as our game creeps closer and I know when the cutoff will be.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']49ers over Eagles 49-27 , Good Game Pacer, I won't Lie I was worried in the beginning going down 20 to 7, But luckily my team rallied before Halftime.

I also wanted to mention that my defense showed up big and has not allowed a 100 yard rusher yet this season, I don't even think we allowed a 50 yard rusher, lol but I have to check that.

we held Jamal Charles to 9 yards, Michael Turner to 26 yards and now Lesean McCoy to 11 yards. I look forward to the challenge of Darren McFadden next week.

On a more Sad note Vernon Davis is out for 5 weeks, Looks like I will Have to change my gameplan up temporarily, I wish he could have waited til after week 6 lol[/QUOTE]

Great game. I went downhill after missing that third extra point. We both had quite a few turnovers, which made for an up-and-down game.

Great rush defense, but I'm not sure I can run to save my life.

I've got a nasty cold which is keeping me home from work, so I'd love to get some practice in today if anybody's around. I'll be on XBL. I definitely need the practice given my current losing streak. :bomb:

[quote name='bvharris']I've got a nasty cold which is keeping me home from work, so I'd love to get some practice in today if anybody's around. I'll be on XBL. I definitely need the practice given my current losing streak. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'll be around if you want to get a game in.

I'm advancing us in the next 10 mins or so. I set the deadline for Friday, giving us 3 days. We seem to be keeping that pace rather easily. I have no problem extending it into Saturday afternoon if need be though. We'll see how it plays out.

edit: ADVANCED! Panthers, Cards, Bills and Bengals all have byes this week btw. Everyone else get your games scheduled!

edit2: I'm thinking we should open up the trading gates Thursday/Friday so any deals made will be reflected Week 7. The FA waivers will then be open the following week, Week 8.

And I think I'm going to do the next power rankings. Either end of week 6 or end of week 8. Probably 8. Too many teams and maybe not enough shake up in 2 games. Though I wouldn't mind doing a number ranking after week 6 and then do the full thing in Week 8 with write ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']So doomtime when would you like to play the game of the week ?[/QUOTE]
Well I got class until about 10 30 am pst. I'll be home around 11 am. Grab me some pop tarts and then I'll be ready to go. So if you want to do it today I'm down. Also about that Heyward-Bey trade, going to have to turn you down. Last thing I need to give you is more speed and some how I know that trade would come back to bite me. ;)

I'm gonna say my slump is over. I consider a close loss (21-24) to BigAT to be a fantastic result, especially considering I've been unable to score on him in any of our previous meetings and moved the ball pretty well all game.

Anyone else who wants a scrim hit me up.

deuce I'll be around most the afternoon today but every other day I'd be available after 10 pm cst, thursday I'm available all day

let me know what works for you

Clinton Portis is on the market. 85 Rated RB

My interests are draft picks and defensive secondary, specifically the CB and FS positions. Would also consider DT and Offensive Lineman.

Anyone with interest PM me here ;)

I wish I could justify trading some of my depth away. I can't get myself to do it. If I didn't have Thomas and Taylor now, who the hell knows who I'd be starting at LOLB and MLB these next few weeks.

I am looking to trade Takeo Spikes, Michael Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Alex Smith and possibly Nate Clements, I am looking for draft picks primarily. Maybe some backups depending on the team

Steelers vs. Browns is scheduled for Thursday night. The Browns owner is out of town until then.

Also, take a look at my team I have a lot of solid 85+ players. Let me know

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Doomtime I'm at work til 6pm if I don't basketball we can play this evening , ill keep you posted.[/QUOTE]
No prob. Just let me know. I'll try and get some practice in now. I'm rusty.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I am looking to trade Takeo Spikes, Michael Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Alex Smith and possibly Nate Clements, I am looking for draft picks primarily. Maybe some backups depending on the team[/QUOTE]

I'll take Spikes off your hands for picks.

good scrim, bv. I felt your new look offense was a good test for my new look defense. I slotted Scott over to ROLB, Taylor to MLB and then Thomas to LOLB. Scott pulled that pick six out of the air nicely so I was thinking I found a solid mix with Harris and Pace out, but Thomas got burned a shit ton in coverage on the left side of the field. Zone worked a little better, but I may need to find someone else on my roster to slot in there. Might give Gholston a shot.

I love how in one of my first passes to Holmes it bounced off his chest when he had the whole field open in front of him. And then in the 2nd half I scramble out of the pocket, lob it up in the air in double coverage, and Holmes comes down with it while getting tackled for the 1st down on the 1 yard line haha.

edit: I'm worried I'm drifting into my own little slump now. I've only lost by 1 and then 3 these last 2 games, but I haven't felt like I was in control of either. Even up 10-0 on bv, he marched down the field no problem on me before I pick sixed him. Every game is turning into a shootout.

[quote name='ubernes']good scrim, bv. I felt your new look offense was a good test for my new look defense. I slotted Scott over to ROLB, Taylor to MLB and then Thomas to LOLB. Scott pulled that pick six out of the air nicely so I was thinking I found a solid mix with Harris and Pace out, but Thomas got burned a shit ton in coverage on the left side of the field. Zone worked a little better, but I may need to find someone else on my roster to slot in there. Might give Gholston a shot.

I love how in one of my first passes to Holmes it bounced off his chest when he had the whole field open in front of him. And then in the 2nd half I scramble out of the pocket, lob it up in the air in double coverage, and Holmes comes down with it while getting tackled for the 1st down on the 1 yard line haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that play was ridiculous, haha.

On my pick six: I had terrible lag early in the game, so I swear Reed was open when I pushed the button, haha. It was still a dumb pass though, but I was pretty much flawless through the air other than that.

I think it took me five weeks to realize that I need to stop playing the Chargers like they're the Titans and embrace the personnel I have on my team. I feel like I have a good sense of them now.

For anyone who needs a good LB, all of the Chargers LBs are on the block (including Phillips). Would prefer to trade for a good WR or RB.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I am looking to trade Takeo Spikes, Michael Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Alex Smith and possibly Nate Clements, I am looking for draft picks primarily. Maybe some backups depending on the team[/QUOTE]

I may be interested in Alex Smith, although I'll have to take a look at his ratings vs. Trent Edwards. I'm getting a little tired of his random air balls...

BREAKING NEWS: The Cardinals are no longer interested in the proposed Tim Hightower for Michael Vick trade with the Eagles. Philadelphia GM Howie Roseman is on the phone as we speak trying to swing another deal.

[quote name='bvharris']For anyone who needs a good LB, all of the Chargers LBs are on the block (including Phillips). Would prefer to trade for a good WR or RB.[/QUOTE]

I'll take a look.

Adam (Dolphins) and I (Packers) have been in daily contact. I have proposed via PM as of a few moments ago that we play tomorrow night at or after 7 P.M. Eastern. We're both pretty open this week, and I have little doubt that we'll be able to play tomorrow.

[quote name='bvharris']For anyone who needs a good LB, all of the Chargers LBs are on the block (including Phillips). Would prefer to trade for a good WR or RB.[/QUOTE]

Would you be interested in Jonathan Stewart (88 OVR)? I need a good outside LB...obviously I'd prefer Phillips but I would probably consider your other 2 (I need to look at their stats more closely).

[quote name='theredworm']***new from foxboro***

my 360 just RROD (this was my 2nd) so no idea when I'll be back, I'll drop from franchise from the website[/QUOTE]

That sucks big time man.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Would you be interested in Jonathan Stewart (88 OVR)? I need a good outside LB...obviously I'd prefer Phillips but I would probably consider your other 2 (I need to look at their stats more closely).[/QUOTE]

I'd be more interested in a package for Williams, especially if I'm giving up Phillips, but I'm not opposed to getting Stewart. You're actually the first team I thought of.

For the record, my order of preference for trading Phillips is a WR over a RB.

[quote name='bvharris']That sucks big time man.

I'd be more interested in a package for Williams, especially if I'm giving up Phillips, but I'm not opposed to getting Stewart. You're actually the first team I thought of.

For the record, my order of preference for trading Phillips is a WR over a RB.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the Colts can enter the fray via 3-team trade. I have WRs available, and I'm interested in Stewart.

No player is untouchable on the Colts...

[quote name='HydroX']Perhaps the Colts can enter the fray via 3-team trade. I have WRs available, and I'm interested in Stewart.

No player is untouchable on the Colts...[/QUOTE]

If the player is named Reggie Wayne, I'm all ears. :D

[quote name='gbpackers94']Seems like me and Pacer are having connection issues.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's the same issue I had with the Jaguars in Week 2 or 3. I ended up having Uber boot me and I took a CPU loss. I'd prefer not to do that again, because while it's neither of our fault, I think it's something between certain users.

Hmmm, have either one of you tried opening ports and/or making sure your NAT is not 'moderate' but 'open'? If your router has UPnP then might try rebooting it to see if that clears things up.

bread's done
Back