Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='ubernes']How is everyone's games coming? I feel like Saturday was a slow day here.[/QUOTE]

me and gbpackers94 cant connect, what should we do?

[quote name='HydroX']Colts/Patriots to be played late tonight from what I understand.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there, after the packers game no other game today is a "must see" for me but still have some unpacking to do.

I need to unpack my games asap this afternoon.

[quote name='gregthomas77']me and gbpackers94 cant connect, what should we do?[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the issue? Can't connect at all? Can connect and disconnect at coin toss? I think gbpackers have had this issue a couple times before, was your NAT ever opened?

[quote name='ubernes']What exactly is the issue? Can't connect at all? Can connect and disconnect at coin toss? I think gbpackers have had this issue a couple times before, was your NAT ever opened?[/QUOTE]
I've tried to open my Nat but it didn't work. We can't connect at all.

[quote name='ubernes']What exactly is the issue? Can't connect at all? Can connect and disconnect at coin toss? I think gbpackers have had this issue a couple times before, was your NAT ever opened?[/QUOTE]

So what should we do? We even tried to connect outside of the franchise, and it is just no go.

Sounds like the same issue I had with the Lions a couple weeks ago. Both of you should go into the Dashboard and do a 'Test Connection'. It'll tell you what your NAT is at and then if it's not open will have you turn it off and reboot. Give that a shot. The Lions did something too on his end, I believe he connected right into his modem instead of through the wireless router, or vice versa, I would also try that.

If those don't work we can try port forwarding too.

[quote name='ubernes']Sounds like the same issue I had with the Lions a couple weeks ago. Both of you should go into the Dashboard and do a 'Test Connection'. It'll tell you what your NAT is at and then if it's not open will have you turn it off and reboot. Give that a shot. The Lions did something too on his end, I believe he connected right into his modem instead of through the wireless router, or vice versa, I would also try that.

If those don't work we can try port forwarding too.[/QUOTE]

I already made sure my nat was open, i can't move my xbox to my modem, and i have already set up port forwarding to try to solve this. Nothing has worked.

That being said, I have never had trouble connecting with anyone before.

You can also try directly connecting your 360 to your modem as a last resort, that usually eliminates most if not all connection issues.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I already made sure my nat was open, i can't move my xbox to my modem, and i have already set up port forwarding to try to solve this. Nothing has worked.

That being said, I have never had trouble connecting with anyone before.[/QUOTE]

If you've done this already then gbpackers needs to give it a try. Since you've done this before it might be a good idea for you two to talk via PMs or XBL chat so he knows what to do.

Just a update. The Chiefs still haven't rejoined the league, no responses via cag or xbxl and haven't logged into xbxl since the 11th. Monday night is my deadline because I'll be out Tues-Thurs.

[quote name='theredworm']I'll be there, after the packers game no other game today is a "must see" for me but still have some unpacking to do.

I need to unpack my games asap this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Buffalo should have put in Brohm. Clay Matthews raped Trent Edwards' soul. That game was great... well, mostly the second half. The first half, I was frustrated at the field goals and the repeated punts after Brandon Jackson consistently failed to gain any significant yardage.

I messaged the Skins and They just got back to me not too long ago, Trying to set up the game with them before the night ends.

Pitfallharry (Minnesota) sent me a PM an hour ago about our scheduled game, which we were set to play after Sunday night football. I just now saw it:

"Can you play tomorrow? I'm dead tired and I'm not sure I can stay awake much longer. I'm free all day and all night tomorrow."

I stated before in the thread that I had plans for Monday, but maybe he didn't see that. I know he's a reliable player. I wrote back and told him I wouldn't be able to play till later on Monday night since I'll be with friends, but I'm not sure if he can play (Pacific time for me vs. Eastern time for him) or what time you planned to advance. I said I'd ask you, ubernes, to see what should be done. Hopefully we can work something out.

Colts move to .500 for the first time all year, barely beating the Patriots 35-28.

Joseph Addai jump-started the Colts' running game with a 72 yard TD run after Indianapolis stalled on their first possession. From then onward the Pats and Colts traded touchdowns until halftime, when the Colts got the ball to start the 3rd quarter. With the Colts' D forcing a 4th and 1 in the 3rd quarter, the Patriots opted to punt (thank god, lol) which allowed the Colts to go up by 2 scores in the 4th quarter. With time winding down, the Patriots closed the gap with Randy Moss' 3rd touchdown of the day to make it 35-28. With an onside kick recovery, the Pats have a shot at sending it to overtime -- but Austin Collie recovered, and Donald Brown picked up where Joseph Addai left off and ran inside the trenches for some solid yardage to get the first down, allowing the Colts to run the clock capping off an Indianapolis Colts victory, sending the Ponies to 5-5 in the AFC. In a scary moment for Colts' fans, Joseph Addai was carted off the field earlier in the game and would not return.

Great game, theredworm. If you would have recovered that onside kick, I feel you would've marched down the field and taken it to OT. Thankfully Collie recovered, as he was the guy I was controlling -- which both worried me and comforted me at the same time, considering the user mishaps this game feeds me a lot. lol

I still want to get that online team play going so we can hook n' ladder a kickoff return .. or even a few double reverse plays.

[quote name='Matt Young']Pitfallharry (Minnesota) sent me a PM an hour ago about our scheduled game, which we were set to play after Sunday night football. I just now saw it:

"Can you play tomorrow? I'm dead tired and I'm not sure I can stay awake much longer. I'm free all day and all night tomorrow."

I stated before in the thread that I had plans for Monday, but maybe he didn't see that. I know he's a reliable player. I wrote back and told him I wouldn't be able to play till later on Monday night since I'll be with friends, but I'm not sure if he can play (Pacific time for me vs. Eastern time for him) or what time you planned to advance. I said I'd ask you, ubernes, to see what should be done. Hopefully we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

I can wait til whenever as long as it's Monday night/Tuesday morning, Tuesday afternoonish. I don't want to hold up the whole league for another 24 hours for one game.

The other games left...

Chiefs vs Cardinals (don't know what's going on)
Browns vs Jags (haven't heard a peep from either)
Seahawks vs Saints (see above, playing tomorrow)
Falcons vs Rams (going to have to be simmed it looks like)

I think Chiefs/Cards will be easy to get done tomorrow, but I could see the other 2 getting simmed.

[quote name='HydroX']Colts move to .500 for the first time all year, barely beating the Patriots 35-28.
[/QUOTE]

Congrats, now prepare to go back below it. ;)

And ubernes - Congrats to the Jets. Sanchez certainly silenced the critics for one game. Meanwhile Tom Brady crapped the bed epically. Thank god I was watching it in a Pats bar which only featured a couple crowing Jets fans, or the killer headache I was nursing the entire second-half could have been much worse. :D I've never been so happy to see the Bills next on the schedule.

[quote name='ubernes']I can wait til whenever as long as it's Monday night/Tuesday morning, Tuesday afternoonish. I don't want to hold up the whole league for another 24 hours for one game.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, the only thing is, I'm not sure if Harry can play Monday night when I'll be able to get on or not. He didn't name a time. It's just that I don't want it simmed, since I was ready to go play the game before he messaged me, and a sim loss would be unfair. However, as I said, I understand his situation and don't want him to have to take a potential temp boot loss.

I guess I'll just check the thread and my messages when I am able to get on CAG (should be by 3 P.M. my time/6 P.M. Eastern) and go from there. Maybe we could get it in before my planned activities. That would likely be best for him (I'm guessing) due to the 3 hour time difference. I just hope I'm as amped up tomorrow as I was today, but I doubt I will be as amped up as I was seeing Brett Favre lose and the Packers dominate. Ah well.

Hydro - Can we plan to play Tuesday (if we advance) or Wednesday night? Those are the only chances I'll have before I leave for vacation. I could also do tonight if we do advance today, but that's looking unlikely.

May as well get on that myself... gbpackers, we play in my next game. I will be available Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and then Saturday up until the UFC event, which starts at 10 P.M. Eastern (so we'd have to start the game by 9 Eastern if it's played on that day).

Oh, and one more note, for ubernes and whoever my opponent will be: I will be leaving on Friday, October 1st, to go to Vegas for Frozen Fury (Kings vs. Avalanche) and other Vegasy things. I will be returning on Sunday, October 3rd. As such, I will have to play my game for that week on Thursday the 30th or Monday the 4th. There is a chance that I could play on Sunday the 3rd, but I'm not sure what time I'll be back in California that night. It depends on traffic going out of Vegas. Just wanted to let everyone know in advance. I'll be staying at the MGM Grand, in case anyone wants to send food or women.

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, the only thing is, I'm not sure if Harry can play Monday night when I'll be able to get on or not. He didn't name a time. It's just that I don't want it simmed, since I was ready to go play the game before he messaged me, and a sim loss would be unfair. However, as I said, I understand his situation and don't want him to have to take a potential temp boot loss.

I guess I'll just check the thread and my messages when I am able to get on CAG (should be by 3 P.M. my time/6 P.M. Eastern) and go from there. Maybe we could get it in before my planned activities. That would likely be best for him (I'm guessing) due to the 3 hour time difference. I just hope I'm as amped up tomorrow as I was today, but I doubt I will be as amped up as I was seeing Brett Favre lose and the Packers dominate. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

I can play whenever today or tonight. I could play right now, but I'm sure you're ready to go to bed.

Yeah, I took a couple sleeping pills, even. Gotta get a few hours before the day starts. I just happened to check back here since I forgot to respond to someone on Facebook, so I checked CAG when I got back on the PC. I'll let you know once I confirm a time. I'd estimate 8 Eastern would work fine, but I'll get an exact time after speaking to my friend in the afternoon (well, afternoon Pacific, and early evening for you- probably will know around 6 your time as I said before) and post it, and send a PM. Sounds like we should have no problem getting it done.

[quote name='ubernes']I can wait til whenever as long as it's Monday night/Tuesday morning, Tuesday afternoonish. I don't want to hold up the whole league for another 24 hours for one game.

The other games left...

Chiefs vs Cardinals (don't know what's going on)
Browns vs Jags (haven't heard a peep from either)
Seahawks vs Saints (see above, playing tomorrow)
Falcons vs Rams (going to have to be simmed it looks like)

I think Chiefs/Cards will be easy to get done tomorrow, but I could see the other 2 getting simmed.[/QUOTE]

simmed huh? thats pretty f'd. not that i have a better solution, but f'd anyways.

[quote name='bvharris']Hydro - Can we plan to play Tuesday (if we advance) or Wednesday night? Those are the only chances I'll have before I leave for vacation. I could also do tonight if we do advance today, but that's looking unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have off Tuesday and Wednesday this week so pending any girlfriend and baby activities (state fair is going on right now) I should be free to play. Unfortunately, as of this posting right now I can't give you any exact time frames other than after 10pm Central Time. I should be able to play throughout the day, but like I said, pending lockdown and all. ;)

Rest assured, you will get your free win vs. the Colts sometime before you leave. ;)

[quote name='gregthomas77']simmed huh? thats pretty f'd. not that i have a better solution, but f'd anyways.[/QUOTE]

It stinks but what else can we do?

[quote name='ubernes']It stinks but what else can we do?[/QUOTE]

I haven't been following the situation that closely.. I assume they were also unable to connect for an unranked game? If they are able to, they can always do that with the winner getting to play the CPU.

Speaking of which, I came up with a solution for my Week 13 game with Doomtime which he's graciously agreed to. We're going to get an unranked game in sometime before I leave. If he wins that, I'll be temp booted and he can play the CPU. If I win, ubernes can sim the game (I still might lose, but at least it's not guaranteed).

ubernes - We'll let you know the outcome once we play it.

[quote name='ubernes']It stinks but what else can we do?[/QUOTE]

I found that when I went into the system setup of my 360 and ran the network test, my connection was being blocked somewhere. I had to enable the DMZ on my router using the 360s IP Address and it worked. As long as you both test and pass the system/network setup on your 360, then you will not have any further issues. uPnp is another thing that needs to be enabled/disabled(try both).

tstxblwirelessnxe.jpg

images

Hope this helps alot of you with your connection issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='siradam134']itlnstln...thats "DMZ".. Not DMX :) just didn't want to confuse anybody. i'll delete this post once you edit yours:)[/QUOTE]

Good catch - editted, thanks - Stop, Drop, Shut'em down - Open up shop! Oh, no, that's how the Ruff Ryders Roll...

playing scotts and just as we start the 3rd quarter he drops.. i know this is an issue but its incredibly frusterating. i chose to "not count game" since we were barely halfway done. i guess we'll try again tonight?

[quote name='Scotts85']Its not even like my internet goes out, laptop is fine right next to me and doesn't lose connection.[/QUOTE]

I think you found the answer to your own question. Madden is sooooooo touchy, having anything draining bandwidth needs to be avoided. This is the reason I like to go direct from the modem so there is nothing (DTV receiver, laptop, phone, etc) draining bandwidth. It SUCKS, but it has to be done to keep your game up.

[quote name='itlnstln']I think you found the answer to your own question. Madden is sooooooo touchy, having anything draining bandwidth needs to be avoided. This is the reason I like to go direct from the modem so there is nothing (DTV receiver, laptop, phone, etc) draining bandwidth. It SUCKS, but it has to be done to keep your game up.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that's definitely it. I share my wireless in a multi-unit home with 6 people and I haven't had any issues connecting since I set up port forwarding.

[quote name='bvharris']I haven't been following the situation that closely.. I assume they were also unable to connect for an unranked game? If they are able to, they can always do that with the winner getting to play the CPU.

Speaking of which, I came up with a solution for my Week 13 game with Doomtime which he's graciously agreed to. We're going to get an unranked game in sometime before I leave. If he wins that, I'll be temp booted and he can play the CPU. If I win, ubernes can sim the game (I still might lose, but at least it's not guaranteed).

ubernes - We'll let you know the outcome once we play it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, we couldn't connect in an unranked game either.

i guess simming is what we have to do, but I have a feeling I know how that will turn out.

Hey all, it looks like I will have to be kicked out of the league for an indefinite time. I broke my ankle last night and since I am stuck to staying to my bed, and madden was not currently in my 360 disc tray, I can't get up to change the discs. The CAG mobile site isn't letting me respond to PMs, so can somebody please let my opponent for this week know as well.

I'll temp boot now so the Jags can play their game tonight.

Edit: DeskLaser is now temp booted. You have an invite waiting for you. The Chiefs still have an invite waiting for him too. And lastly, Venom is done for the year but told me he may rejoin in season 2. I don't plan on replacing the Titans this late in the season though.

I just tried playing pitfallharry, and it disconnected us. It gave me the "lost connection to your peer" screen, and he said he got booted back to the main franchise menu. We're going to try again later since, as I said before, I had plans.

I'm up against the Browns after we advance this week...should I hold off on my game until we get a better idea of how long he'll be gone? Or do I have the green light to play against the CPU whenever...I'm perfectly fine with waiting.

bread's done
Back