Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

My friend's going to have to leave right after the MNF game, so I can play then. PMing Harry now.

I'm getting really pissed at this fair catch bullshit, though. Just like my last game with Harry and my one game against Dallas, I called for a fair catch, my returner signaled, and then I was hit for a fumble resulting in a score. The Dallas one cost me the game most likely, since I would have won by 3 in regulation had nothing else been different. The game against Minnesota, it resulted in a touchdown that put me down 14 instead of 7.

Anyway, I hope we just make it through with no disconnects this next time.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Chiefs-52 Cardinals-42

Jake Locker, here I come.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you want him? He went 4 for 20 on Saturday.

[quote name='BigAT']Are you sure you want him? He went 4 for 20 on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention that. Even if he turns it around, I doubt he's the first QB of the board now.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I'm up against the Browns after we advance this week...should I hold off on my game until we get a better idea of how long he'll be gone? Or do I have the green light to play against the CPU whenever...I'm perfectly fine with waiting.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you should just go forward vs the CPU.

[quote name='BigAT']Are you sure you want him? He went 4 for 20 on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I kinda cheated and looked at the upcoming draft class. Obviously, he's not "Jake Locker" but, he's a blow-out so far as the #1 QB in the draft.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']I kinda cheated and looked at the upcoming draft class. Obviously, he's not "Jake Locker" but, he's a blow-out so far as the #1 QB in the draft.[/QUOTE]

What about Andy Dalton? (Dan Patrick southern voice)

[quote name='sayHey']playing scotts and just as we start the 3rd quarter he drops.. i know this is an issue but its incredibly frusterating. i chose to "not count game" since we were barely halfway done. i guess we'll try again tonight?[/QUOTE]

Is this being tried again tonight?

edit: Well if you guys are going to try again tomorrow during the day let me know. I can hold us up until the afternoon, but everyone else should be planning for Week 12 to start no later than 6 or 7pm EST, so we can use that night for games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vikings 52
Packers 38

This was a shootout. Green Bay couldn't stop the run, and Minnesota got raped through the air.

Aaron Rodgers - 489 yds, 5 TDs

Adrian Peterson - 331 yds, 5 TDs

This was the first win at home for the Vikings, who are 5-5 now after starting 1-4. I think the Bears lost this week, which gives me a two game lead in the NFC North.

gbpackers, I posted before about this, but let me know when you can play our game for the next week. I have Wednesday open except for 2 potential CAG UFC fights, but even if I do both of those that night, the 2 combined would only take up as much time as 1 Madden game. I can do Thursday as well. Can't play Friday unless plans change, and then Saturday, I should be available till my friends come over for the UFC PPV.

As for the game... man. I kinda wish I had gotten to play Harry when he was tired last night, LOL. 489 yards and 5 touchdowns from Aaron Rodgers, and I still lost by 2 scores. Of course, Adrian Peterson scored 5 TDs and ran for 331 yards, and Brett Favre threw for a couple hundred yards and 2 scores.

That was one wild and crazy game, but man, I have some bad luck this year. Well, bad luck in general, not just Madden... but Pitfallharry just plain outplayed me here. He is a very good player, a great sportsman, and I enjoy playing guys like him. Great game, Pitfall. You're starting to pull away from the pack in the NFC North.

Minnesota Vikings 52, Green Bay Packers 38

Jets-Bengals set for Wed 9pm EST

Also since it looks like last call for Saints/Seahawks is 3pm today, expect us to advance shortly after that. Hopefully they can get the game in, but if not we'll move on anyways.

If you're vs the Eagles this week or next expect to play the CPU. He's taking leave until next Saturday, Oct 2. He'll miss 2 games for sure, maybe 3 depending on our pace.

[quote name='bvharris']Hydro - How does tonight at 10 sound?[/QUOTE]

I can most likely swing 10pm Central. Is that cool with you?

[quote name='HydroX']I can most likely swing 10pm Central. Is that cool with you?[/QUOTE]

Yup, works for me.

Doom - Will you be around tonight so we can get our "scrimmage" in too?

[quote name='ubernes']Jets-Bengals set for Wed 9pm EST

Also since it looks like last call for Saints/Seahawks is 3pm today, expect us to advance shortly after that. Hopefully they can get the game in, but if not we'll move on anyways.

If you're vs the Eagles this week or next expect to play the CPU. He's taking leave until next Saturday, Oct 2. He'll miss 2 games for sure, maybe 3 depending on our pace.[/QUOTE]

This means I will have back to back cpu games in a very tight AFC South Division race....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']This means I will have back to back cpu games in a very tight AFC South Division race....[/QUOTE]

Ah bummer. If it makes you feel any better, I could take them over and try to beat up on you haha :D

[quote name='ubernes']Ah bummer. If it makes you feel any better, I could take them over and try to beat up on you haha :D[/QUOTE]

I would certainly rather have real competition, especially down the stretch...and you get a chance at some "get back"....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']This means I will have back to back cpu games in a very tight AFC South Division race....[/QUOTE]

Considering half of the Jags' games were against the CPU, I wouldn't feel bad at all. ;) lol

[quote name='HydroX']Considering half of the Jags' games were against the CPU, I wouldn't feel bad at all. ;) lol[/QUOTE]

In his defense, he also had a sim loss in week 1 IIRC.

If the Eagles are missing 3 games it might not be a terrible idea to get someone to fill in temporarily, since it's likely to affect a lot of races.

[quote name='bvharris']In his defense, he also had a sim loss in week 1 IIRC.

If the Eagles are missing 3 games it might not be a terrible idea to get someone to fill in temporarily, since it's likely to affect a lot of races.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they are slightly more pressing than the Titans, as the Titans somehow have been MIA all year. However, I don't think it would be fair if I did it (and not to toot my own horn) because I'm probably a little better than Pacer even if I don't know the Eagles players/playbook. I'm up for suggestions though.

Owner of the saints when can you play? Redskins owner can we play on friday night when we advance this week? I am going on vacation the following week and will not be back until Sunday morning. Eagles and Cowboys may have to be simmed the following week. What time will we advance on friday Ubernes?

[quote name='bvharris']Yup, works for me.

Doom - Will you be around tonight so we can get our "scrimmage" in too?[/QUOTE]
Yep I should be around.

My plan is to advance us in the early evening Friday so people can finish the last of the Week 12 games that day, but we'll also have chance to start getting Week 13 games in. It sounds like the Cards/Niners will probably be the last game of Week 12, so it'll depend on the time for that.

I'm online now and free to start the game in the next 20 minutes, but I have to leave at 315 pm est at the latest to get to work.

Go ahead and let him play the computer, sorry for the no word.. got busy last night and this morning, wont happen again

just try not to hurt any of my guys.. heh

Running into a slight snag... my cable was turned off due to a bank account snafu so I'm about to go get that straightened out. Hopefully they can have it turned back on by tonight. Had this happen last time I moved and it was turned back on within 8 hours. I'll keep you posted.

[quote name='HydroX']Running into a slight snag... my cable was turned off due to a bank account snafu so I'm about to go get that straightened out. Hopefully they can have it turned back on by tonight. Had this happen last time I moved and it was turned back on within 8 hours. I'll keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

Ruh roh. The last I can play would be tomorrow night, after that I'm on vacation. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

[quote name='Scotts85']Saints win 35-21. Only major injury was to my DT, Wilkerson, out 12 weeks with a (SURPRISE!) Broken Collarbone.[/QUOTE]

Scotts when can you play when we advance? I'm free tonight.

I'm going to advance us shortly btw. Last week before the next power rankings!

edit: the sim wins went to the Falcons and the Browns.

ubernes - What do you envision the Week 13 deadline will be? Doomtime and I have a plan in place to scrimmage for our game, but if there's a chance it might be next Thursday night I would probably be back.

[quote name='siradam134']Doom! where's the playoff picture! falcons making a big splash up the tree and jags and ravens dropping down i believe!![/QUOTE]

6* game winning streak for the win!

*last one dosent really count since it was a sim victory.

The game with the most playoff implications is probably Chargers-Colts, which the Colts probably need to win to put themselves into the AFC Wild Card conversation.

I'm not too disappointed to see that the other two 6-4 teams (Dolphins and Jags) have to play the two undefeated teams this week.

Playoff Picture through 11 weeks

*Wildcard Teams

AFC

1. Oakland Raiders (10-0)
2. New York Jets (8-2)
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-2)
Houston Texans (7-3)
*San Diego Chargers (6-4)
*Jacksonville Jaguars (6-4)

In the Hunt
Miami Dolphins (6-4)
Baltimore Ravens (5-5)
9. Indianapolis Colts (5-5)

NFC
1. New York Giants (10-0)
2. New Orleans Saints (8-2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (8-2)
4. Minnesota Vikings (5-5)
5. *Atlanta Falcons (7-3)
6. *Seattle Seahawks (6-4)

In the Hunt
Washington Redskins (6-4)
8. Carolina Panthers (6-4)
9. Dallas Cowboys (5-4-1)

Week 12 Games of the Week

New Orleans Saints (8-2) @ Dallas Cowboys (5-4-1)
Jacksonville Jaguars (6-4) @ New York Giants (10-0)
Minnesota Vikings (5-5) @ Washington Redskins (6-4)
Miami Dolphins (6-4) @ Oakland Raiders (10-0)
San Diego Chargers (6-4) @ Indianapolis Colts (5-5)

[quote name='Doomtime']

*Wildcard Teams

AFC

2. New York Jets (8-2)
Houston Texans (7-3)
*Jacksonville Jaguars (6-4)

In the Hunt
Miami Dolphins (6-4)
Baltimore Ravens (5-5)

NFC

In the Hunt

[/QUOTE]

Whats the tie breaker?

I'm just curious how the Jets are higher than the Steelers.

[quote name='Zurezo']Whats the tie breaker?

I'm just curious how the Jets are higher than the Steelers.[/QUOTE]

Technically, you're tied. You both have identical conference and division records. We won't know for sure who the true #2 seed until week 15 when the Jets travel to Pittsburgh. (that is if no one loses before then)

[quote name='Doomtime']

*Wildcard Teams

AFC

2. New York Jets (8-2)
Houston Texans (7-3)
6.*Jacksonville Jaguars (6-4)

In the Hunt
Miami Dolphins (6-4)
Baltimore Ravens (5-5)

NFC

In the Hunt

[/QUOTE]

why are the vikings above the falcons?

I think their record in common games might be the same too based on a quick glance. I think the next tie-breaker would be strength of victory (point differential) in which case the Jets have the edge. But the head-to-head game will settle it ultimately.

[quote name='ubernes']I'm going to advance us shortly btw. Last week before the next power rankings!

edit: the sim wins went to the Falcons and the Browns.[/QUOTE]

of course it did.

bread's done
Back