Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='ubernes']
As for the Doom/BigAT debate, I hope I spoil their Super Bowl fun if I meet up with Doom in the playoffs :D.[/QUOTE]

I hope I spoil your spoiling of their fun if I meet you in the playoffs first. ;)
(Assuming I make it)

so was supposed to play at 5cst

it got changed yesterday to 11pm tonight, then again this morning to "anytime"

waiting to hear back to get a solid time on my game tonight

So next week, Colts vs. Cowboys might not happen since his only available time frame is Friday night (he is going on vacation from what I get out of his XBL message to me). I work late on Friday nights so I'll be unable to play in his only available time slot.

[quote name='HydroX']So next week, Colts vs. Cowboys might not happen since his only available time frame is Friday night (he is going on vacation from what I get out of his XBL message to me). I work late on Friday nights so I'll be unable to play in his only available time slot.[/QUOTE]

Do the same thing Doom and I are doing. Play a scrim now and then whoever wins that gets to play the CPU next week (though in our case me winning would result in us simming it).

[quote name='bvharris']Do the same thing Doom and I are doing. Play a scrim now and then whoever wins that gets to play the CPU next week (though in our case me winning would result in us simming it).[/QUOTE]

Yes, excellent idea. That works here too.

[quote name='ubernes']The servers were crap yesterday. Had 3-4 disconnects in a game. Hoping that I don't have that issue tonight with the Bengals.

As for the Doom/BigAT debate, I hope I spoil their Super Bowl fun if I meet up with Doom in the playoffs :D.[/QUOTE]

I was playing NHL 11 with the CAG team last night. EA had a message scroll on the ticker that servers were going to be down for 30 minutes starting at 5:30 A.M. Eastern. After our next game, they changed it to 2:30 A.M. Eastern "for up to 5 hours" for all EA games. Before the downtime, we were suffering from lag all around.

Falcons, still waiting to hear about what time you want to play tomorrow. I know you said you're busy tonight, but the sooner I know, the better. If you let me know at the last minute, I can't guarantee availability, which is why I asked a couple times before. Hopefully you can let me know after you get done with whatever you have going on tonight.

[quote name='eddie291']Hey Uber, do I have to play the Eagles now or do I wait for the owner?[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and play the CPU. He's going to be gone for the next week or so.

[quote name='Matt Young']Falcons, still waiting to hear about what time you want to play tomorrow. I know you said you're busy tonight, but the sooner I know, the better. If you let me know at the last minute, I can't guarantee availability, which is why I asked a couple times before. Hopefully you can let me know after you get done with whatever you have going on tonight.[/QUOTE]
I can start anytime 6-9 pm est. just pm me when you want to play, I should respond within a few minutes. I hope we don't have any problems connecting.

Okay, will do. I highly doubt I can start before 8 Eastern, but I will be on before 9 Eastern.

I have an open NAT and the proper ports forwarded, so we shouldn't have any issues.

Since I was a moron and didn't check XBL for a couple days, Zurezo and I (Steelers v. Bills) will be playing tomorrow afternoon/night most likely.

Jets def. the Bengals, 24-7

Jeeeez. We played in the online equivalent of a rain storm. Crazy lag all game start to finish. Couldn't get one kick straight all game and passing seemed like a risky move (4 INTs between the two of us on the game may have proved that theory right).

As for the game itself, I would like to congratulate my D for keeping the Bengal's offense out of the endzone the entire game but the lag had to play a part. After he pick-sixed me with Pacman Jones to go up 7-6 (I missed the extra point), he came within a couple yards of the endzone. I put up a solid goal line stand, but then his kicker shanked the kick. Honestly, I've never seen lag this bad before so I was thinking you'd go for it, but you did manage to kick in your extra point no problem. The next 3 scores came from the Jets, two runs from Greene at 5 and 6 yards and then one lucky bomb to Holmes as I sat on my own 2 yard line.

That TD was probably the turning point of the game. It was 12-7 at the time, Jets with the lead and 4 minutes to go in the game. The Bengals went for it on 4th and 4, Leinart finds a WIDE OPEN Bryant and he just drops it, turnover on downs so the Jets have the ball on their own 4. LT gets stuffed, Sanchez misses a pass and Cinci is looking at great field position down only 5. And then the aforementioned 98-yard TD pass happened and the Jets were able to breathe a bit.

GG. Wish the lag didn't almost ruin the game, but I think we managed despite that.

Some stat highlights:

Owens - 97 yards (Leinhart was picking on Cromartie on that side of the field all day throwing to TO. But Cro finally made him pay for it in the 2nd half when he gave the Jets their 2nd INT)
Holmes - 128 yards and a TD

Greene - 153 yards rushing, 3 TDs

Pacman Jones - 2 INTs
Revis Island - 1 INT, and a forced fumble which Harris recovered

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ubernes']Jets def. the Bengals, 24-7

Jeeeez. We played in the online equivalent of a rain storm. Crazy lag all game start to finish. Couldn't get one kick straight all game and passing seemed like a risky move (4 INTs between the two of us on the game may have proved that theory right).

As for the game itself, I would like to congratulate my D for keeping the Bengal's offense out of the endzone the entire game but the lag had to play a part. After he pick-sixed me with Pacman Jones to go up 7-6 (I missed the extra point), he came within a couple yards of the endzone. I put up a solid goal line stand, but then his kicker shanked the kick. Honestly, I've never seen lag this bad before so I was thinking you'd go for it, but you did manage to kick in your extra point no problem. The next 3 scores came from the Jets, two runs from Greene at 5 and 6 yards and then one lucky bomb to Holmes as I sat on my own 2 yard line.

That TD was probably the turning point of the game. It was 12-7 at the time, Jets with the lead and 4 minutes to go in the game. The Bengals went for it on 4th and 4, Leinart finds a WIDE OPEN Bryant and he just drops it, turnover on downs so the Jets have the ball on their own 4. LT gets stuffed, Sanchez misses a pass and Cinci is looking at great field position down only 5. And then the aforementioned 98-yard TD pass happened and the Jets were able to breathe a bit.

GG. Wish the lag didn't almost ruin the game, but I think we managed despite that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was a really good game. I couldn't believe you hit that pass to Holmes after I got a couple of solid stops on the first two downs (and Johnathan Joseph dropped an easy pick on second down). After that, there wasn't much left to do but let Leinart get a little practice and injure Ochocinco for three weeks.

The lag, though, was absolutely ridiculous. I have never seen lag that bad in a modern online game. I hope EA gets its server problems fixed before FIFA 11 comes out.

Well, Raiders win 35-31 in a heart stopping thriller. Raiders secondary gets thrashed once again. gg ferocious1, you're a damn good player. I'll do a write up when I'm done scolding my secondary.

[quote name='Doomtime']Well, Raiders win 35-31 in a heart stopping thriller. Raiders secondary gets thrashed once again. gg ferocious1, you're a damn good player. I'll do a write up when I'm done scolding my secondary.[/QUOTE]

Up for playing our scrim?

Week 12: Dolphins @ Raiders

Dolphins:31
Raiders:35

Miami's Defense: 1 Forced Fumble, Almost Cost Doom The Game.
Miami's Offense: 379 Yards Passing, 4 TD / 17 Yards Rushing

Raiders Defense: 0 Special Stats....
Raiders Offense: 241 Yards Passing, 3 TD (81% Completion, jesus) / 66 Rushing Yards, 1 TD

Special Teams: Johnnie Lee Higgins 5 Kick Returns for 204 Yards, 102 Long, 1 TD

That touchdown sealed the game.

Incredibly Good Game Mr. Doomtime!

[quote name='bvharris']Up for playing our scrim?[/QUOTE]
lol yes kick my secondary while it's down. :D I am ready sir, Just letting you know I have to do some quick subs at the beginning.

[quote name='siradam134']Week 12: Dolphins @ Raiders

Dolphins:31
Raiders:35

Miami's Defense: 1 Forced Fumble, Almost Cost Doom The Game.
Miami's Offense: 379 Yards Passing, 4 TD / 17 Yards Rushing

Raiders Defense: 0 Special Stats....
Raiders Offense: 241 Yards Passing, 3 TD (81% Completion, jesus) / 66 Rushing Yards, 1 TD

Special Teams: Johnnie Lee Higgins 5 Kick Returns for 204 Yards, 102 Long, 1 TD

That touchdown sealed the game.

Incredibly Good Game Mr. Doomtime![/QUOTE]
0 special stats hahahaha:cry:

Great game man.

i count fumbles....interceptions...sacks:D and neither of us had any...except for the late fumble....freaking FAIL defenses....

rudy.jpg

[quote name='Doomtime']After an emotional victory against the dolphins, the raiders blew a late lead and lost in OT. I hate my secondary
Great game bv.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was. Man, I was furious at Madden after those failed conversions. I'll need to check the replay but I swear I got all three. I might have won in regulation if it weren't for me throwing a Madden hissy fit and letting you in for that last TD.

It was really an epic comeback though. Beautiful drive down the field, onside kick recovery, followed by another long drive. And the bomb to Jackson in overtime, I'm not gonna lie, I was jumping up and down.

Edit: The replay on the last 4th-and-1 clearly shows Hester was short, but the other two there is "no replay available" which I believe is Maddenese for "we fucked you good". :D

[quote name='Ltor']CAG NAME: Ltor
XBL NAME: Ltor
Team Name: Titans[/QUOTE]

Your inbox is full so I couldn't answer your question, but... Go into Madden. Xbox Live>Online Franchise>Join Franchise>Type in CAGFL2>Enter password>Pick Titans :D

ut oh, Raiders are human after all. a close one with the Fins and now a loss (which will turn into a potential sim loss) to the Chargers. :razz:

[quote name='ubernes']ut oh, Raiders are human after all. a close one with the Fins and now a loss (which will turn into a potential sim loss) to the Chargers. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I just hope my damned CPU team can hold their own. I earned them this chance, and they're like a 14-point favorite by team rating.. If they blow it we are going to have words aplenty. ;)

lol I was pretty drained after you recovered that onside kick. Everything fell into place.

Here comes the onside kick, "oh boy ball! Let me knee it towards the chargers."

Tie game. Janikowski for the 59 yard game winner. WIDE LEFT!

After I lost the coin toss my secondary looked to the sideline and started crying.

Oh well. Now that I've lost I can just focus on a superbowl run.

Hey ubernes, I need to be booted as I am going on vacation and will miss the game against the colts and the eagles, I assume eagles and I will both be simmed. I will be back for the remainder of the season. When are we doing f.a pick ups I have two guys in my secondary out 9 weeks, a f/s and c/b? Will you send me the log in info in a pm when I return?

Also a great game played between the saints and cowboys.

48-46 cowboys, it was a shootout.

[quote name='ubernes']ut oh, Raiders are human after all. a close one with the Fins and now a loss (which will turn into a potential sim loss) to the Chargers. :razz:[/QUOTE]
I blame Al Davis! If the chargers don't win the sim game, I'll be scratching my head for sure.

[quote name='Doomtime']
After I lost the coin toss my secondary looked to the sideline and started crying.
[/QUOTE]

I was a little surprised you didn't have Asomugha shadowing Jackson when he lined up to the left (like on the last play). Then again, with the number of weapons the Chargers have it's kind of moot. I'm sure you noticed, but I didn't throw it in his direction once all game. :D

Btw Doom, i have a bone to pick with the Upstairs Booth Review...that Corner Route by Schillens was OUT OF BOUNDS in the corner of the endzone...i was screeeeeaming at the umpires for upholding that Touchdown, lol.

[quote name='bvharris']I was a little surprised you didn't have Asomugha shadowing Jackson when he lined up to the left (like on the last play). Then again, with the number of weapons the Chargers have it's kind of moot. I'm sure you noticed, but I didn't throw it in his direction once all game. :D[/QUOTE]

Marshall had 9 catches for 176 yards..... Asomugha is beatable;D

[quote name='bvharris']I was a little surprised you didn't have Asomugha shadowing Jackson when he lined up to the left (like on the last play). Then again, with the number of weapons the Chargers have it's kind of moot. I'm sure you noticed, but I didn't throw it in his direction once all game. :D[/QUOTE]
I was just too focused on Gates after seeing the damage he did in the first half. Pretty lame that the game didn't count. Hopefully the Chargers win and nobody gets hurt. You earned that one.

[quote name='siradam134']Btw Doom, i have a bone to pick with the Upstairs Booth Review...that Corner Route by Schillens was OUT OF BOUNDS in the corner of the endzone...i was screeeeeaming at the umpires for upholding that Touchdown, lol.[/QUOTE]
I was holding my breath on that one. Watched the replay quite a few times and it still looks too close to call. As for Marshall's dominance.....steroids.....:cool:

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Hey ubernes, I need to be booted as I am going on vacation and will miss the game against the colts and the eagles, I assume eagles and I will both be simmed. I will be back for the remainder of the season. When are we doing f.a pick ups I have two guys in my secondary out 9 weeks, a f/s and c/b? Will you send me the log in info in a pm when I return?

Also a great game played between the saints and cowboys.

48-46 cowboys, it was a shootout.[/QUOTE]

Big W.

Did you see the conversation from before about you playing the Colts now in an unranked game and the winner gets the play the CPU when we advance? I'm not sure how late you can play Friday, but I can definitely try to advance us in time for you to play the CPU if you happen to win the scrim. It's an important game, so I would hate to see you not get a shot at it.

[quote name='bvharris']Sure, but why throw at him when you don't have to.

And Doom is right, Gates is the real threat. I don't know how many ridiculous catches he had in this game when he was well covered, but it was more than a couple.

I don't mind, I knew I was going away. I'm appreciative that you were willing to do this, you were under no obligation. Though if you feel that strongly about it feel free to take over the Chargers for the week and beat yourself. ;)[/QUOTE]
No problem. As for that offer.....:bouncy:

[quote name='Doomtime']No problem. As for that offer.....:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I can just picture coming back form vacation.. "Phillip Rivers ran backwards through the endzone for HOW many safeties?!?"

I look at it this way: Me being booted was a sure loss, now at least I should be favored to win it. I'll take that.

Besides, there's no saying for sure I would have beat you in the league game anyway, since Sproles played a pretty big role in the Scrim and is no longer on my team in the league (Crayton also had a TD).

Here's a late Wednesday update. I'd like to see some more PM communication going on to get these games moving. It's Thursday already and there's at least one Week 13 game trying to sneak in Friday night, so let's go go go.

Pats vs Lions (haven't heard from either, I think)
Titans vs Texans (Rames, the Titans just joined. Plz setup a time)
Bucs vs Ravens (Deuce, any luck with jbrun?)
Giants vs Jags (status?)
Steelers vs Bills (Zuzero, any luck with Gumbill?)
Packers vs Falcons (gbpackers needs to get back to Matt)
Chiefs vs Seahawks (both have yet to rejoin, so it'll be simmed if that stays the case into Friday)
Rams vs Broncos (status?)
Niners vs Cardinals (playing Friday)

[quote name='ubernes']Big W.

Did you see the conversation from before about you playing the Colts now in an unranked game and the winner gets the play the CPU when we advance? I'm not sure how late you can play Friday, but I can definitely try to advance us in time for you to play the CPU if you happen to win the scrim. It's an important game, so I would hate to see you not get a shot at it.[/QUOTE]

Colts said he can't friday night. I pmed through x box. I missed the unranked thing. I'm going to bed now work in the A.M. I am free from 615 on tomorrow night, but like I said colts can't play. I will message hydro about the unranked thing, we'll see what he says....ok update he can't tonight, he said he will shoot for late on friday. He never gave me a time. O well, its not a big deal, as long as I get an invite back in the league and hope we can us f/a pick up shortly!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']I can just picture coming back form vacation.. "Phillip Rivers ran backwards through the endzone for HOW many safeties?!?"

I look at it this way: Me being booted was a sure loss, now at least I should be favored to win it. I'll take that.

Besides, there's no saying for sure I would have beat you in the league game anyway, since Sproles played a pretty big role in the Scrim and is no longer on my team in the league (Crayton also had a TD).[/QUOTE]
Well if you want we can negate those touchdowns since they are no longer members of the team. :)

[quote name='ubernes']Here's a late Wednesday update. I'd like to see some more PM communication going on to get these games moving. It's Thursday already and there's at least one Week 13 game trying to sneak in Friday night, so let's go go go.

Giants vs Jags (status?)
Chiefs vs Seahawks (both have yet to rejoin, so it'll be simmed if that stays the case into Friday)
Niners vs Cardinals (playing Friday)[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow night.

[quote name='ubernes']Here's a late Wednesday update. I'd like to see some more PM communication going on to get these games moving. It's Thursday already and there's at least one Week 13 game trying to sneak in Friday night, so let's go go go.

Giants vs Jags (status?)
Niners vs Cardinals (playing Friday)[/QUOTE]

Rams vs. Broncos probably going down sometime around 9-10 tonight.

Giants vs Jags (status?)[/QUOTE]

Still nothing from neworlbush, how do you want me to handle this one?

bread's done
Back