Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='ubernes']Here's a late Wednesday update. I'd like to see some more PM communication going on to get these games moving. It's Thursday already and there's at least one Week 13 game trying to sneak in Friday night, so let's go go go.

Pats vs Lions (haven't heard from either, I think)
Titans vs Texans (Rames, the Titans just joined. Plz setup a time)
Bucs vs Ravens (Deuce, any luck with jbrun?)
Giants vs Jags (status?)
Steelers vs Bills (Zuzero, any luck with Gumbill?)
Packers vs Falcons (gbpackers needs to get back to Matt)
Chiefs vs Seahawks (both have yet to rejoin, so it'll be simmed if that stays the case into Friday)
Rams vs Broncos (status?)
Niners vs Cardinals (playing Friday)[/QUOTE]

Pat and Lions are still working out times. Hopefully today - possible tomorrow. I have PM's him about a time today.

[quote name='Doomtime']Well, Raiders win 35-31 in a heart stopping thriller. Raiders secondary gets thrashed once again. gg ferocious1, you're a damn good player. I'll do a write up when I'm done scolding my secondary.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for your write up doom:D

[quote name='BigAT']Still nothing from neworlbush, how do you want me to handle this one?[/QUOTE]

If you don't hear from your opponent by the beginning of this evening, let's say... 7pm EST. Then I'll do some temp boots. This goes for anyone else who hasn't had any contact whatsoever with their opponent this week, so let me know.

Also, I will be away from my Xbox Fri afternoon-Sun night, so I may have to get someone to advance us unless we wrap up by like 3pm EST Friday, but I doubt that. BigAT, let me know if you can advance us tomorrow evening.

was supposed to play at 5 yesterday then my opponent changed the time to 11, then just said "available all day" and never heard back of a time

I won't be around till 10pm cst tonight so hoping I get a response saying they can be on to play our game tonight.

[quote name='siradam134']Still waiting for your write up doom:D[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reminder, I'll get it done in a little bit. Forgot all about it just went to play Reach. Speaking of which, if any of you guys ever need an extra teammate in Reach, shoot me an invite.

[quote name='Doomtime']Thanks for the reminder, I'll get it done in a little bit. Forgot all about it just went to play Reach. Speaking of which, if any of you guys ever need an extra teammate in Reach, shoot me an invite.[/QUOTE]

venom, matt young, grand cru and i have played a bunch of games together, if i ever see ya on while we're playing, consider it an open invite;)

still no word from jbrun... and I'm also up for some team play in Reach...tired of having a 5:1 kill/death ratio and losing

[quote name='BigAT']Still nothing from neworlbush, how do you want me to handle this one?[/QUOTE]

I am sorry for this news..

It appears as if the University At Buffalo has kicked all xbox live users off of the UB network. Therefore, it is impossible to connect an xbox to live at this time on campus. I am very pissed off.

So you must find a replacement for me for the league.
This would happen a week before I play BigAt, the game ive been waiting for!!

[quote name='siradam134']venom, matt young, grand cru and i have played a bunch of games together, if i ever see ya on while we're playing, consider it an open invite;)[/QUOTE]
That's great to hear. Definitely send an invite my way.

Miami Dolphins (6-4) @ Oakland Raiders (10-0)

The Raiders came into this week soaring high after a huge win in Pittsburgh. However, they came crashing back to earth after a heart stopping game against the hungry Miami Dolphins.

Oakland struck first with a bomb to Darren McFadden. Miami would answer with a 2 minute drive that exposed the Oakland secondary, an exposure that doomed them for the rest of the day.

With Miami up 10-7 in the 2nd quarter, Oakland drove down the field and capped the drive with a controversial TD catch by Chaz Schillens.(Definitely looked out to me, but I'll take it:)) Miami tried to answer quickly but instead went 3 and out very quickly. This gave Campbell and the Raiders one last drive before the half. With 16 seconds left in the half, Campbell found Schillens yet again for a 69 Yard TD. 21-10 Oakland at the half.

Miami came out of halftime determined to close the gap. After injecting himself with steroids during the half, Brandon Marshall caught a pass and out-muscled 2 Oakland defenders on his way to a 66 yard TD reception. Oakland answered the drive and capped it with a short Michael Bush TD run. 28-17 after 3 quarters.

Miami easily moved down the field and scored on a 32 yard touchdown strike to Camarillo. 28-24. For the third consecutive game, Higgins ran back a kickoff return for a TD and made it 35-24. But Miami would not go away. They again drove down the field and scored on a 4 yard pass to Camarillo(3rd of the day.) 35-31. After an onside kick, Oakland recovered and were able to run out the clock. Although McFadden fumbled for the fifth time this year :)bomb:) and almost gave Miami the ball back with over a minute to go. Luckily Oakland recovered.

Final Score

Oakland 35 Miami 31

feroci0us1 pretty much covered the stats already.

Great game.

Notes
Tom Cable hospitalized after McFadden fumbled
Marshall and Camarillo suspected of steroid use (investigation pending)
Defensive backs coach and defensive coordinator fired

[quote name='Deuce20602']still no word from jbrun... and I'm also up for some team play in Reach...tired of having a 5:1 kill/death ratio and losing[/QUOTE]
Agreed. None of my friends are willing to play halo though. (CoD fanboys)

[quote name='neworlbush25']I am sorry for this news..

It appears as if the University At Buffalo has kicked all xbox live users off of the UB network. Therefore, it is impossible to connect an xbox to live at this time on campus. I am very pissed off.

This would happen a week before I play BigAt, the game ive been waiting for!![/QUOTE]

Wow, bummer. I imagine there must be a pretty big uproar over it, so hopefully we'll see you back here in the near future.

I'm passing on the commish role to BigAT for the next couple days. He's going to do any temp boots that need to be done tonight around 7pm EST. So if you haven't heard from your opponent (I think Deuce is the only one with this issue now), then let him know so he can temp boot at that time.

He will also most likely be advancing us tomorrow after the 7pm Card-Niner game. So plan for us to be in Week 13 around 8pm EST tomorrow.

Yup and just so its clear darth didn't confirm the gametime he just said pretty much anytime Friday and I work til 5 or 6pm so that puts our game at 7 unless he states otherwise tommorow , hopefully I can get off early since its Friday and a light day around the office.

[quote name='neworlbush25']I am sorry for this news..

This would happen a week before I play BigAt, the game ive been waiting for!![/QUOTE]

That's a damn shame. If you ever happen to be off campus at some point and want to get a game in, let me know.

[quote name='siradam134']venom, matt young, grand cru and i have played a bunch of games together, if i ever see ya on while we're playing, consider it an open invite;)[/QUOTE]

I've never played anything with you but Madden 11, nor anything with Cru aside from Madden 10, but I'd like to play Reach, maybe after my Madden league game tonight.

Just booted jbrun85 so that Deuce can play the CPU.

jbrun: You have an invitation to rejoin the franchise whenever you get back.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Yup and just so its clear darth didn't confirm the gametime he just said pretty much anytime Friday and I work til 5 or 6pm so that puts our game at 7 unless he states otherwise tommorow , hopefully I can get off early since its Friday and a light day around the office.[/QUOTE]
Just got in from the field and still at work. I'm good for tonight but, it'll have to be later then 7pm (it's 7:12 cst now). I'll work a time out with you when i get in, hopefully within the hour. i can't look at PM's, cru, so whatever you sent me I can't see. Looking forward to tonight.

just for reference... JBrun's message gave me 3 options:

Play him @ 9:30 tonight

Play him at 7 tomorrow

Play the CPU if neither of those options work for me...

I'm online now, and i figure i'll give it an hour, then i'll play the cpu cuz i'll be at work 1:30-10 tomorrow

playing the cpu now... was in the third qtr of a surprisingly close game when Landry came around the corner and put a hellacious hit on Josh Freeman and broke his collarbone... so i restarted the game. Now, i'm down 7 and having immense trouble moving the football... might be the first to lose to the cpu

SN: Josh Freeman is apparently the best QB in the history of football

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Just got in from the field and still at work. I'm good for tonight but, it'll have to be later then 7pm (it's 7:12 cst now). I'll work a time out with you when i get in, hopefully within the hour. i can't look at PM's, cru, so whatever you sent me I can't see. Looking forward to tonight.[/QUOTE]

By tonight I was referring to Friday and I was talking about 7pm est time Im not sure what that is central, right now, isn't it like a 2 or 3 hour difference.

Rams and Broncos played last night, Rams win 34-22 and move to 2-9*.

Rams offense showed up as always, Rams defense tried almost all game to give the game away, but they actually stiffened up a little in the final quarter to help seal the deal.

For the Rams:
Bradford (who is playing himself into untradable mode) was 12/16 for 209 and 2TDs.
Jackson ran 23 times for 134 yards.
Avery had 3 receptions for 75 yards and a TD, and Gilyard had 2 for 60 yards and a TD.
Laurinitus again led the Ram defense with 7 tackles, 1INT, 1FF

For the Broncos:
Orton was 9/19 for 191 yards and 2TDs/2INTs.
Buckhalter ran twice for 34 yards and a TD, while Moreno ran 12 times for 77 yards.
D. Thomas has 3 receptions for 127 yards and 2TDs (he was killing the Rams).
D. Williams had 8 tackles.

Texans over Titans 41-17

Texans - Offense
Schaub 12/18 - 192 yds, 4 TD, 1INT
Slaton 28 att, 164 yds, 1TD
Johnson 4 rec, 57 yds, 2TD

Texans - Defense
2 forced fumbles, 2 sacks, 1INT

Titans - Offense
Young 7/21 - 158 yds, 1TD, 1INT
Johnson 8 att, 49 yds, 1TD
Scaife 2 rec, 73 yds

Titans - Defense
1 forced fumble, 1INT, 1 sack

Games left...

Pats vs Lions (5pm EST today)
Cards vs 49ers (7pm EST today)
Seahawks vs Chiefs (neither has rejoined the league :( but at this point whichever ones does, unless they've been communicating, should just play the CPU. will be simmed if no one has joined by the 7pm game)

So, we should be advancing around 8pm EST tonight. BigAT will be handling that for me and then we'll be off to Week 13. I will whip together some power rankings probably early next week unless I find some time this afternoon.

Pat 41 Lions 21

clean game after a couple dcs as soon as the game started

I'm still wondering why he did squib kick to me in the first quarter but hey it set up a really fast td with that great of field position.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']By tonight I was referring to Friday and I was talking about 7pm est time Im not sure what that is central, right now, isn't it like a 2 or 3 hour difference.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that. After being out in the field for just a few days kinda lose track of time and thought yesterday was Friday. I'll be there 7Pm EST tonight. Hopefully Anderson is in finer form then his game vs. ATL x_x.

zurezo, I doubt I'll be able to play tonight after we advance cuz I'm at work til 10 and I got a few things to handle when I get off work... I should be around pretty much all day tomorrow until about 8pm

I played gbpackers/Atlanta last night. He wanted to postpone the game since he said he was exhausted, and I've been feeling exhausted/sick myself. I would have done it today since I felt like crap, too, but I wouldn't have been able to do so before advancement, plus I have plans for tonight if I'm feeling up to actually doing anything. Regardless of our collective moods, I think we had a good game.

To be honest, it was nice to have some breaks go my way. After bad luck in various other games contributing partly to my poor record- such things as major injuries and giving up a 31-3 lead to Dallas- I managed to play well, hold my lead (though it was close most of the way through) and force a couple fumbles.

Aaron Rodgers had his second consecutive 5 TD, 400+ yard, turnover-free game, while Atlanta managed to run all over me with its potent backfield, although not to the extent that Adrian Peterson did last week, thank God. Both teams missed field goals, but the kick meter lag was very random, so there was no way to get in a groove. Well, not for me, anyway... he kicked so well that I called for a fair catch on every single one.

Green Bay Packers 35, Atlanta Falcons 21

Once again, good game, gbpackers. Hope we get to play again sometime, and since you're on my friend list, I'm sure we shall. I'm sorry that we both had to play in our weakened states, but as they say, it is what it is. Scotts lost, so you lost no ground in the division, and I'm still somehow in last place despite having a slightly better record than Detroit- not that either of us have done well, nor am I claiming to be better than itlnstln; just wondering why it's set up like that.

I have to play the very skilled Grand Cru in the next game. I beat him in Madden 10 during the season in which he won the Super Bowl, but that's all out the window this time around. I have no idea what to expect except for a very tough game.

Cru, can you play Sunday night at any time? Remember, I am on Pacific time.

Looks like the Dolphins play the browns after tonight's advance..... Do i have the go ahead to play the CPU? I believe desklaser broke his foot/ankle moving and can't play anymore and as such left the league for a while?

[quote name='siradam134']Looks like the Dolphins play the browns after tonight's advance..... Do i have the go ahead to play the CPU? I believe desklaser broke his foot/ankle moving and can't play anymore and as such left the league for a while?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to assume he's out this week. Hopefully he's back next one.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey darth are u around now , I got home early ?[/QUOTE]

Darth, if you play this weeks game earlier, we could even try to get our game for next week in tonight as well.

I have been trying to schedule something with hydro prior to our deadline since I'll be on vacation from 9/25-10/2 with no luck. Anyways you may have to boot me so he can play the cpu and sim the eagles/cowboys game. I message kayholiday in reagards to the skins game. I will be back sunday night, monday and tuesday. So we should be able to get our game in. I hope he doesn't play the cpu right away.

For the record, my wife uses netflix and has the habit of just leaving the xbx on when I'm gone for work. So, if i don't respond to anyone's xbxl msgs it's 99% probable I'm just not around. Cru, I jut got in and ready when you are. Greg, 7 tomorrow sounds peachy.

bread's done
Back