Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

week 12 - 33 - 10 49ers over Cards in a tough game, good game Darth I was scared early on because your offense was eating up so much clock. Taylor Mays had a huge game for me. My offense was BS as usual. O well I want dwell on the past on to week 13.

It may be Week 13 already, but it was still the first match between the Giants and their division rivals the Washington Redskins. The Giants were determined to defend their house and they certainly did.

Mario Manningham had a big day, catching 3 passes for 113 yards and 2 touchdowns. Eli Manning finished with a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

The Giant defense sought to keep the dangerous Donovan McNabb off balance with a defensive pressure and accomplished their goal, sacking McNabb 3 times while forcing 2 interceptions. Michael Boley had a pick 6 in the first quarter that gave the Giants some early breathing room. Antrel Rolle, glad to finally be returning from injury, had a nice (user) interception in the red zone to snuff out a Redskins scoring drive late in the first half.

Giants - 31
Redskins - 3

GG Kay Holiday.

[quote name='sayHey']panthers, i'll be available tomorrow morning, (i just need to get back into the CAG league)[/QUOTE]

You should have an invite back to the franchise if you didn't have one already.

Week 13 Game: Rams 27, Cardinals 7

Top Ram Performers:

Bradford: 12/14, 239, 2TD
Jackson: 12 attempts, 108 yards, 1TD
Robinson: 2 receptions, 99 yards, 1TD
Avery: 2 receptions, 87 yards, 1TD
Atogwe and Vobora: 1INT each

Top Cardinal Performers:

Anderson: 15/20, 159, 1TD, 2INT
Wells: 13 attempts, 49 yards
Fitzgerald: 3 receptions, 46 yards
Patrick: 4 receptions, 33 yards, 1TD
Porter: 3 tackles, 1 sack

[quote name='gregthomas77']Week 13 Game: Rams 27, Cardinals 7

Top Ram Performers:

Bradford: 12/14, 239, 2TD
Jackson: 12 attempts, 108 yards, 1TD
Robinson: 2 receptions, 99 yards, 1TD
Avery: 2 receptions, 87 yards, 1TD
Atogwe and Vobora: 1INT each

Top Cardinal Performers:

Anderson: 15/20, 159, 1TD, 2INT
Wells: 13 attempts, 49 yards
Fitzgerald: 3 receptions, 46 yards
Patrick: 4 receptions, 33 yards, 1TD
Porter: 3 tackles, 1 sack[/QUOTE]

Tyler Dougherty, Tyler Dougherty, Tyler Dougherty.

Well, the madden gods must hate the browns. I've restarted (after being up significantly) 4 times now...because some of his star players have gone down after some weak hits by my team....i wish i could say they're getting hurt because my players are hit sticking...but they aren't.....lol...here's the list as of currently:

Game 1: Joe Thomas, Broken Foot, 9 weeks
Game 2: Sheldon Brown, Broken Collarbone, 8 weeks
Game 3: Jake Delhomme, Broken Wrist, 5 Weeks QB Scramble
Game 4: Lawrence Vickers, Broken Collarbone, 11 Weeks

[quote name='sayHey']panthers, i'll be available tomorrow morning, (i just need to get back into the CAG league)[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to play Saturday morning. I'm out of town until tomorrow afternoon (I'll probably get home around 3-5 p.m. EST) and will be available around then for a while. I'm going to a friend's house sometime tomorrow night, it doesn't really matter when I show up so if you wanna play late tomorrow afternoon or night then I'll arrange my schedule accordingly. If we can't get it done, then, like most people on here probably, I'll be watching football most of the day Sunday but I could probably get our game in at night after the 4:15 games are done. Let me know if any of these work for you...if not, I'm free after 3 p.m. EST on Monday.

Ravens 52
Steelers 17

The Baltimore Ravens came in with one mission... avenge the week 4 shelacking Rashard Mendenhall put on us. In the rematch, the Ray Lewis-less Ravens held Mendenhall to 29 yards rushing while forcing 6 turnovers (2 fumbles on kickoff that were returned for TDs). This game was about pride for the Ravens and the purple and black are definately still alive.

Offensive Stars
J. Flacco: 128.7, 13/18 for 216 yds, 3 TDs 1 INT
R. RIce: 18 car, 124 yds, TD
T. Heap: 6 rec, 101 yds, 2 TDs
A. Boldin: 3 rec, 89 yds, TD

Defensive Stars
E. Reed: 4 tkls, INT, FF
H. Ngata: 3 tkls, sack
L. Divens: 2 tkls, sack
D. Foxworth: 2 tkls, 2 INTs (1 returned for TD)
L. Webb: 3 tkls, INT
T. Zbikowski: 3 tkls, FF

GG Zurezo... i promised u the rematch would be a totally different game.

[quote name='Deuce20602']Ravens 52
Steelers 17

The Baltimore Ravens came in with one mission... avenge the week 4 shelacking Rashard Mendenhall put on us. In the rematch, the Ray Lewis-less Ravens held Mendenhall to 29 yards rushing while forcing 6 turnovers (2 fumbles on kickoff that were returned for TDs). This game was about pride for the Ravens and the purple and black are definately still alive.

Offensive Stars
J. Flacco: 128.7, 13/18 for 216 yds, 3 TDs 1 INT
R. RIce: 18 car, 124 yds, TD
T. Heap: 6 rec, 101 yds, 2 TDs
A. Boldin: 3 rec, 89 yds, TD

Defensive Stars
E. Reed: 4 tkls, INT, FF
H. Ngata: 3 tkls, sack
L. Divens: 2 tkls, sack
D. Foxworth: 2 tkls, 2 INTs (1 returned for TD)
L. Webb: 3 tkls, INT
T. Zbikowski: 3 tkls, FF

GG Zurezo... i promised u the rematch would be a totally different game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nothing went right and I got away from running the ball.

[quote name='Matt Young']How about right after the Jets/Dolphins game ends?[/QUOTE]

Hey Matt, I just realized the Jets had the late game this evening is it anyway we could play before that or sometime tomorrow, because that is going to be to late for me ?

[quote name='gbpackers94']Someone please tell me whether to play the CPU or where jbrun is. I've been waiting since Friday night to play....someone please answer me.[/QUOTE]

If you don't hear from him by the end of the 4pm est games, feel free to play the CPU.

Seahawks I sent you an Xbox Live message cause the site was down I think...do you wanna play our game today sometime or would you rather do it tomorrow? Either one works for me...I'm not too crazy about watching any of the other football games today, and tomorrow I'll be available past 3 p.m. EST.

Im back! sorry about the last week, I had a lot of things come up suddenly and unexpectedly. Ive played my game for this week already, i dont think ill have another week like that anytime soon. (at least i pray i dont)

Ugh...pitfallharry and I just got DCed with the Vikes up 14-10 within the final two minutes with me on 3rd down back in my territory. We got DCed earlier as well (right at the beginning after the kickoff), but that attempt had been going well.

I noticed a new patch, and that my kicks now have an uber slow meter. New title update?

EDIT: We tried again and after a Favre INT and a Bills TD off a 90 yd drive, we d/ced again. During the first quarter this time. We're going to try the game again tomorrow afternoon/evening. Anyone else getting connection issues tonight?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lexxon']Ugh...pitfallharry and I just got DCed with the Vikes up 14-10 within the final two minutes with me on 3rd down back in my territory. We got DCed earlier as well (right at the beginning after the kickoff), but that attempt had been going well.

I noticed a new patch, and that my kicks now have an uber slow meter. New title update?[/QUOTE]

The slow kick meter is an unintended result of the patch. They're supposed to fix it at some point.

[quote name='HydroX']So am I playing the CPU or what's going on .. ? (Colts/Cowboys)

I'm not sure how long Cobra is supposed to be on vacation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, play the CPU. He's back next week sometime.

[quote name='Lexxon']Ugh...pitfallharry and I just got DCed with the Vikes up 14-10 within the final two minutes with me on 3rd down back in my territory. We got DCed earlier as well (right at the beginning after the kickoff), but that attempt had been going well.

I noticed a new patch, and that my kicks now have an uber slow meter. New title update?

EDIT: We tried again and after a Favre INT and a Bills TD off a 90 yd drive, we d/ced again. During the first quarter this time. We're going to try the game again tomorrow afternoon/evening. Anyone else getting connection issues tonight?[/QUOTE]

that makes me feel better

I couldn't get a complete game with pitfallharry either when it was our week to play (3 dcs one night, 3 dcs the next night)

[quote name='theredworm']that makes me feel better

I couldn't get a complete game with pitfallharry either when it was our week to play (3 dcs one night, 3 dcs the next night)[/QUOTE]

Our games were getting disconnected at the same exact point every single time, though, which was bizarre. The games tonight were interrupted at different points.

Jets def. New England, 42-17

New York faced a stout run D throughout the game. I didn't get any significant yardage until garbage time late in the game. Because of that Sanchez had to throw it a bunch. 16 for 20, 326 yards and 4 TDs to be exact. This is coming off a terrible performance vs Cincinnati, so it was good to see his old self back. Surprise, surprise: Braylon 'Someone Call This Man a Taxi' Edwards was Sanchez's favorite target, bringing in 6 catches for 202 yards and 2 TDs. Dustin Keller had the other 2.

The turning point of the game may have came early. Greene coughed up the ball on the 2nd play of the game. New England had the ball in excellent field position, but the Jets held tight and were able to keep them to a FG. The defensive highlight of the game came on a Darrelle Revis pick on a deep throw to Welker.

GG red worm.

Games left this week...

Panthers vs Seahawks (playing Mon @ 8pm EST)
Bills vs Vikings (retrying?)
Texans vs Eagles (Rames, you're set to play the CPU)
Broncos vs Chiefs (SolidDragon, also set to play the CPU unless you've heard from get abolished)
Saints vs Bengals
49ers vs Packers
Bears vs Lions
Jags vs Titans (neworlbush, you have an invite waiting for you)

I will try to work on the power rankings tomorrow. No promises that they will be out then though, but we'll see.

Wow, EA really needs a fix for the broken collarbone crap. Had to restart Colts/Cowboys twice.

I really don't understand how they can make their product's AI seemingly worse year-to-year.

[quote name='ubernes']Jets def. New England, 42-17

New York faced a stout run D throughout the game. I didn't get any significant yardage until garbage time late in the game. Because of that Sanchez had to throw it a bunch. 16 for 20, 326 yards and 4 TDs to be exact. This is coming off a terrible performance vs Cincinnati, so it was good to see his old self back. Surprise, surprise: Braylon 'Someone Call This Man a Taxi' Edwards was Sanchez's favorite target, bringing in 6 catches for 202 yards and 2 TDs. Dustin Keller had the other 2.

The turning point of the game may have came early. Greene coughed up the ball on the 2nd play of the game. New England had the ball in excellent field position, but the Jets held tight and were able to keep them to a FG. The defensive highlight of the game came on a Darrelle Revis pick on a deep throw to Welker.

GG red worm.[/QUOTE]

you failed to mention that Revis fumbled the ball, even though you still recovered, he isn't superman

[quote name='ubernes']Games left this week...

Panthers vs Seahawks (playing Mon @ 8pm EST)
Bills vs Vikings (retrying?)
Texans vs Eagles (Rames, you're set to play the CPU)
Broncos vs Chiefs (SolidDragon, also set to play the CPU unless you've heard from get abolished)
Saints vs Bengals
49ers vs Packers
Bears vs Lions
Jags vs Titans (neworlbush, you have an invite waiting for you)

I will try to work on the power rankings tomorrow. No promises that they will be out then though, but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Bears vs. Lions: Tuesday at 7pmEST, connection pending.......

On an off-topic note...I just rented Halo: Reach so I'm looking to cram in as many games as I can for the next several days. I'll try to practice some so I don't bring you guys down too much...but I'll be ready to play some with y'all boyz tonight if any games are being coordinated.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Matt Young what time can you play today ???[/QUOTE]

I was just about to PM you, which I will still do after this post. I can't play tonight till after the MNF game. It's the Packers, plus I have people coming over for it. This isn't an every week thing, by the way... I just got invited out yesterday for the games, and then had already planned stuff for the Packers game tonight. I'd be fine in most cases just DVRing the games if someone wants to get a league game in.

So, if you can play tonight after the game, great. However, I'd imagine that's too late for you due to the 3 hour time difference. I can play earlier tomorrow, though I will be playing with the CAG NHL 11 team for the monthly playoffs. What do you say to a game tomorrow at 6 or 7 P.M. Eastern if you cannot play tonight after MNF?

Also, ubernes, itlnstln, and theredworm: I mentioned this before, but as a reminder, I will be on a hockey trip to Vegas from Friday through Sunday. I am not sure what time I will be back on Sunday night since traffic can be completely unpredictable leaving Las Vegas on a Sunday afternoon, and I won't be the one driving.

I know itlnstln, my next opponent, is on Eastern time, and I think theredworm is in the Central time zone. Just know that I'll have to play my game against Detroit on Wednesday or Thursday evening, and I can't play New England till either Sunday or Monday night. I'll send messages to both opponents.

Another dropped connection for Bills v. Vikes.

Not sure what to do about the game at this point...it's looking to be one of those doomed games.

As a note, pitfallharry has outplayed me most of these games...so if it does come to the point where we can't get the game done, I'll drop from the league and let him play the CPU.

bread's done
Back