Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='theredworm']I"m done, pats are free now.[/QUOTE]

I hope this isn't because I went for it on 4th down from the 36. I missed several FG's from closer then that because he didn't have enough power.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Sweet. I'm sure no one will have any major qualms.[/QUOTE]

You're here until the 26th, right? Just want to make sure we get our game in the other league (next week) in. :D

I am officially petitioning for either multiple strikes or an expulsion against A Hard. I'm sorry to do this, but in the first quarter he went for 2 after a touchdown. I told him we don't do that in this league, politely, and then on his next TD he did it again. I sent a stern warning and told him that it wasn't tolerated. 3rd TD, he does it again. Bannable offense IMO, but I'm sure there will be other opinions.

He said it was 21-0 and he didn't want to risk kicking xp's with the way the lag has been which explains why he went for it. Not much of explanation but I don't know. He is 0-7 so I don't know what to think.

Bullshit lie, there was 0 kicking lag in the game at all. I warned him twice that it was against league rules and he not only ignored my messages but kept doing it. Ironically by the end of the game it actually made sense for him to do it on the last TD, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, 42-35 Chargers, though this game was never really close. Rivers was 14 of 16 for 332 yards and 5 TDs and 0 picks, pretty much tells you all you need to know.

That's pretty annoying. If kicking lag is so bad that you're worried about extra point kicks then the entire game is unplayable. If you hit it anywhere near max power it's pretty much impossible to miss an extra point. Terrible excuse and one we stopped accepting about 3 games into Season 1. The fact that he did it after he was warned warrants 2 strikes in my opinion. He seems legit. I believe this is the first complaint against him, but going for 2 doesn't even make sense from any standpoint. Even if he was down by 21.

There was no kicking lag in the game period. Pretty much everyone who's ever played against me in a slightly laggy game has seen me shank an extra point, and I aced all of them this game. Plus, he went for 2 on every single TD he got (4 in all), never even tried an extra point to find out if there was lag. PLUS, he hit a 32 yard FG dead center on his only attempt.

After two warnings, there's no excuse, I think it's bannable just because of that, but I'll defer to your judgment.

Well, I'd love to hear his reasoning or at least from Doom that the messaged has been heard and understood that this kind of thing isn't going to fly here. I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to ask of someone either. The rules we have in place aren't that strict. It's pretty simple stuff. He's relatively new, but also played a handful of games without a complaint so I'm going to give him a pass this time. If we hear another significant complaint then I'll have to boot him.

The judgment is certainly poor on his part to think it would be acceptable to go for the 2 point conversion again and again. However...Doom makes A Hard seem somewhat retarded, so there's a chance he didn't see your messages. I sent him an Xbox Live message about a week ago trying to schedule a game with him and I noticed he got online a few times after that and never answered my message. I told Doom about it and he made it seem like A Hard doesn't even know how to check his Xbox Live messages (or maybe he doesn't know how to send them...I dunno, maybe both). He doesn't know how to communicate on forums, so that idea doesn't seem too farfetched. I think a ban is a little extreme...2 strikes sounds okay to me. No one has ever complained about him as far as I know. But I admit it's pretty annoying having to go through Doom to set up games with him...especially since he doesn't answer Xbox Live messages either.

He sent me several XBL messages during our previous attempts and between them, so he knows how to send and receive messages, including during games. So whatever it is, it's not that.

lol he wasn't ignoring you. He probably had someone else on his account.

@bv Definitely poor judgement but he stands by his reasoning. He said the two or so prior attempts were god awful lag but doesn't really make sense since he didn't even attempt an extra point. I've let him know not to do it again.

Yes MA, he is a bit of a retard.

Yes, the two prior attempts were awful lag, but once he restarted his router the third game was fine. He didn't even try an extra point to see, like you said.

IMO

not communicated with people himself is strike one

90% of the people in the league are good about being around the forum and/or keeping up with pm/xbl messages, scheduling games through another gamer (even though doom doesn't seem to mind) is bs to the rest of the players in the league that contribute to the league community

the guy can't even come on here to explain what happened or anything, that is not a good member of a league no matter the player skill

doing the 2 pt conversions while told that's not how we roll should be strike 2 and if he does it again, bye bye go back to doing that in ranked games

games left. we will be advancing tonight, hopefully around 10:30pm EST.

Bucs vs Falcons
Steelers vs Bengals
Rams vs Niners
Lions vs Packers
Titans vs Vikings

What are we doing about Matt? I can play my game at 6:30pm if someone wants to sub. I have not heard back from him...

[quote name='ubernes']Let's get a sub for Matt's Packers and also a sub for venom's Vikings. Any takers?[/QUOTE]

Are we still calling the venom's Vikings at this point? Do we have any idea when he'll be back. I've officially opened up the Falcons in the other league, it's pointless to wait almost an entire season for someone.

[quote name='bvharris']Are we still calling the venom's Vikings at this point? Do we have any idea when he'll be back. I've officially opened up the Falcons in the other league, it's pointless to wait almost an entire season for someone.[/QUOTE]

I posted yesterday that he'd be back in the next couple days and I assume that to still be true. He left his xbox in (I believe) Texas and was waiting for it to get shipped back to him. When I spoke to him last (a couple days ago) he said it would be arriving in a few days.

[quote name='ubernes']I posted yesterday that he'd be back in the next couple days and I assume that to still be true. He left his xbox in (I believe) Texas and was waiting for it to get shipped back to him. When I spoke to him last (a couple days ago) he said it would be arriving in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Ah, alright, good to know. I guess I can hold the Falcons for him a bit longer.

Due to me playing Lexxon in the other league this week, I have proposed that he take over the Pack so we can play back2back games at 6:30pmEST. Hoping he will bite...

[quote name='itlnstln']Due to me playing Lexxon in the other league this week, I have proposed that he take over the Pack so we can play back2back games at 6:30pmEST. Hoping he will bite...[/QUOTE]

Fine with me, as long as you play this one first. :D

[quote name='ubernes']games left. we will be advancing tonight, hopefully around 10:30pm EST.

Steelers vs Bengals
Rams vs Niners
Lions vs Packers
Titans vs Vikings[/QUOTE]

Steelers/Bengals will either be played around midnight EST or simmed, depending on if Zurezo shows or not. Tanabeo is unavailable until then and said a sim is okay.

Rams/Niners - no word from those guys, but I assume it's setup.

Lions/Packers - Lexxon is hopefully subbing for Matt at 6:30. I'm going to temp boot Matt shortly.

Titans/Vikings - I texted the Titans on when he can play tonight. we'll need a sub here unless he just wants it simmed.

[quote name='theredworm']if someone really needs one i'll sub this afternoon/early evening[/QUOTE]

can you play at 6pm EST? or somewhere around there?

also, Cru I just heard gregthomas is playing his league 2 game at 6pm EST, so I hope you're in touch and can catch him afterward.

titans 31 vikings 28

titans fg wins the game in ot, great game

ap is really fun btw 20 carries for 220 yards 3 tds but his 1 fumble on a breakaway (15 yards from the endzone) pretty much cost the vikes the game

Yeah, I figured that was being handled or he was playing CPU.

If we don't hear from greg or Cru by 10:30pm EST, I'm going to sim and advance us.

Well I don't think it's fair to him to allow you to play the CPU or sub since neither of you seemed to make any effort. I'll give him til 10, 1030pm.

[quote name='ubernes']Well I don't think it's fair to him to allow you to play the CPU or sub since neither of you seemed to make any effort. I'll give him til 10, 1030pm.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't suggesting that. I was gonna say if he doesn't show, sim it. Its more fair than the alternative.

[quote name='theredworm']if no game has been set up then how does he know he's supposed to "show" for the game, sim it up and be done[/QUOTE]

damn people are sensitive. i wasn't saying it like he is skipping out, just like I wasn't suggesting I get to play the CPU.

[quote name='gregthomas77']damn people are sensitive. i wasn't saying it like he is skipping out, just like I wasn't suggesting I get to play the CPU.[/QUOTE]

I was just saying that if no game was set up what are we waiting for

bread's done
Back