Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Okay, I apologize if I overreacted a little. Obviously it was a little presumptuous of you but I recognize it was a misunderstanding. This Chargers team is my baby though, I've nursed them up from a pup all the way to their current mediocrity. I guess the whole "I am the Chargers, hit me up for trades" thing kind of just rubbed me the wrong way. No worries.

[quote name='Deuce20602']anyone able to get in contact with Custerslaststand?[/QUOTE]

Ubernes knows him, so he might be able to help.

Just played a great game with Gumbill, but the damn game didn't register my fair catch call on a punt return in the first quarter when I pressed the Y button about 5 times, and that turned into a fumble returned for a touchdown. Since I lost by 3, that was really disheartening, but Gumbill very well could have gotten those 7 points even if I hadn't lost the ball there.

Gumbill's Viking defense was great. While I did get some huge passing plays, as did he, Rodgers went 9 for 22 while facing incredible pressure from the Minnesota defensive line. After a shaky start with his rookie QB, he performed very well in the passing game and was very consistent running the ball with Adrian Peterson. Minnesota took a 21-10 lead into halftime, but the Packers came back and tied it at 28 on a 2 point conversion with less than 2 minutes remaining. However, the Green bay defense was unable to stop the Vikings from getting into field goal range, and Ryan Longwell kicked the game winner as time expired.

Tough loss, but it was a fun game and Gumbill is a guy I enjoy playing and talking to. I lost Tramon Williams to a broken collarbone for the 2nd, maybe 3rd time in this franchise to add to the sting of defeat.

Minnesota Vikings 31, Green Bay Packers 28

[quote name='TGIF']I checked the OP and it said the open teams. However I got a message and it said to go look at the teams and take whoever is open that I want. I figured a message from an admin would take precidence over the post. My bad.[/QUOTE]

I didn't message you so I'm not sure who you're talking about as there's no other "admin". Like I said, take the Cards and read the OP but I dunno where you came from or who sent you.

[quote name='ubernes']I didn't message you so I'm not sure who you're talking about as there's no other "admin". Like I said, take the Cards and read the OP but I dunno where you came from or who sent you.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that MA sent him the message and will be along later with a 1000 word response about how he feels terrible about it. :D

If so, I forgive you in advance buddy. ;)

[quote name='Deuce20602']hey Ube, u capable of getting CUsterslaststand online anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like now works. I told him to get in here.

Lol this is exactly what I told him...
Check the OP for the list of available teams then go ahead and join with whatever team you want
Obviously I didn't mean "check the OP for list of available teams and then just completely disregard that list and join with whatever team you see that's open according to the franchise in-game"

I guess he misunderstood my message....I don't think it was very ambiguous as long as you use some reasoning on your own part.

Just to reiterate...this was my exact PM copy/pasted (with league name/password bleeped out!!):
Hey friend, we'd love to have you in the league. Check the OP for the list of available teams then go ahead and join with whatever team you want.

League name: ******
Password: ********

And make sure to read all the rules and shiz. And go ahead and start scheduling your game with your Week 1 opponent as soon as possible...advance is on Monday.
I was just trying to keep the league moving along despite Uber's absence...trying to perform my substitute-commissioner duties to the best of my ability! I don't appreciate him trying to put the fault on me by misquoting me...what a scumbag!!

I didn't try to put any blame on you, I was just saying you were the one who sent me the invite stuff. It was my fault for not reading it fully. I didn't try to blame you for anything. The scumbag remark was a little much, don't you think?

Lol I was kidding with the scumbag remark....you will get accustomed to my humor after a little while. I know it was just a misunderstanding, I would still really like you to join the league as long as you pick an open team.

Ravens 31
Steelers 7

Once again, a defensive(actually it was ST) touchdown saves the opposing team from a shut out... anyway, GG by the Steelers. The defense was typical Pittsburgh D but Ray Rice found some room in the 2nd half on his way to his first 100 yard game this season(had 2 the entire past season i think). Ravens D forced 7 TOs(4 INTs and 3 FF). Score was 7-0 Pitt and they had the momentum in Baltimore until Roethlisberger was in his own end zone and got caught with a CB blitz... Leodis McKelvin got the sack, and FF, Skylar Sonpal got the FR and TD. After that, it was the Ravens' defense making plays and giving the offense a short field.

Lost 1st rd pick Jacobie Ash to a abdominal tear(4 weeks), as well as Matt Birk, and LeRon McClain to a broken collarbone(10 and 7 weeks). Thanks Madden.

sidenote.... after the injuries, we get to start our tour of the AFC East without some important players. Pats up first in week 2, then the Jets in week 4... i'm hoping we wont have to fight to get in the playoffs like last season

what up folks - saints have 5 TE for some reason - i need to move 2 of them. who needs one? i think they are all A or B pot - i dont care who goes.

[quote name='Shaneduncan']Hey ubernes can you get a hold of freaky2cool187 by any chance[/QUOTE]

I told him earlier that you wanted to play tonight...don't know if yall were able to get it done or not....

Is there anyway we could get it in tomm? Cuz I have work all day sun an I'm not sure if I'm gona get on when I get off late... n I'm busy with erands n things on Monday...

[quote name='killthemall4444']How does sunday night or anytime on monday strike you?[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway we could get it in tomm? Cuz I have work all day sun an I'm not sure if I'm gona get on when I get off late... n I'm busy with erands n things on Monday...

Anyone have a way of getting in contact with the Colts owner (XXXplosive)? I sent him a PM and he hasn't been on XBL since the draft (though he was on CAG earlier tonight). Not worried yet, but obviously every non-division game is huge for me.

[quote name='ballhawk20']Is there anyway we could get it in tomm? Cuz I have work all day sun an I'm not sure if I'm gona get on when I get off late... n I'm busy with erands n things on Monday...[/QUOTE]
Well I suppose I can play when I get off work late tomorrow afternoon. I'll be home aorund 5 pm CT.

[quote name='killthemall4444']Well I suppose I can play when I get off work late tomorrow afternoon. I'll be home aorund 5 pm CT.[/QUOTE]

Ok when would that be in est time? Lol an so we can get the game in tomm for sure that be great!

The Redskins have all 3 Qbs on the trade block and there all pretty good,make me and offer,looking for all positions but mainly secondary

Cardinals here, looking to deal picks and anyone on my team- Most notably Beanie Wells. Hit me up for an offer

Just a thought but how many people would be interested in starting scratch again and lengthening quarters to 6-8 minutes?
Longer quarters IMO would help off set alot of the moments that only could happen in madden. Not to mention alot of teams have been ran through like a drunken high school chick at a frat party.
Just a thought.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Just a thought but how many people would be interested in starting scratch again and lengthening quarters to 6-8 minutes?
Longer quarters IMO would help off set alot of the moments that only could happen in madden. Not to mention alot of teams have been ran through like a drunken high school chick at a frat party.
Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

We've got so much invested in this franchise at this point that I don't think there'd be many people in favor of starting over, I know I wouldn't be.

And I think these games are long enough, games are high-scoring enough as they are. The only way I'd support longer quarters is if we also turned on the accelerated clock.

[quote name='ballhawk20']Ok when would that be in est time? Lol an so we can get the game in tomm for sure that be great![/QUOTE]
I believe that would be six pm est. I got to shovel a little snow but I'll be on LIVE starting at around 6 pm or 7 pm your time. Hit me up with an inv to play whenever you are ready.

Chargers 28 - Colts 7

The Chargers opened up their season with a solid win over the Colts. Contrary to the high-flying offense of years past, it was the ground game and the defense which won this game for the Chargers. The Chargers outgained the Colts 334 to 131 and held a 3-to-1 time of possession advantage.

Ryan Mathews had a fantastic game, rushing 18 times for 123 yards and a score, he also added 4 catches for 58 yards. Rookie running back Jamal Lewis added 7 carries of his own for 46 yards and a TD, in what looked to be a preview of a dangerous two-headed rushing attack for the Chargers this season. The offensive line was just brilliant in this game, probably the best they've played in this franchise.

Philip Rivers was also excellent despite throwing less than usual, going 14 of 17 for 186 yards and two scores, both to Antonio Gates, who was also the leading receiver with 4 catches for 66 yards. Both Jackson and Austin had quiet games, but they weren't needed much.

Peyton Manning was stymied by the Chargers D all day before finally breaking through on a late TD to Reggie Wayne. Jonathan Joseph, Antoine Cason, and second-year safety Keylo Turner all came up with big picks.

---
gg xxxplosive! You called it right in your PM, my offensive line was just unstoppable today, there was no way I was going to lose with blocking like that.

cobra03ash kicked my ass in league 2. bvharris embarassed me in league 1.

good game to both.

goodnight folks.

p.s. for anyone really getting your arse owned.... and you know there's no coming back....gameflow throughout the entire second half while browsing the interwebs is a good idea!

Bills 24 - Dolphins 3

Same song, different team basically. It was ground and pound and defense for the Bills as well, though the total offense in this game was much closer.

CJ Spiller carried 17 times for 127 yards and a score, the offensive line was just great for him all night. Chris Robinson only threw 10 times, completing 6 passes for 185 yards including two long back-breaking touchdowns to Shawn Nelson and Antoine Bell.

Chad Henne managed 255 yards with no TDs and one pick, and Ronnis Brown carried 10 times for 42 yards. Brandon Marshall had 6 catches for an even 100.

---
gg siradam! Your running game is definitely improving, Brown was running over me at times. Hard to say where it went wrong for you, though you definitely made a mistake blitzing the outside corner on that long Antoine Bell TD. I saw it right away and took advantage. I'm just glad to finally have a game with you where the final score wasn't like 50-45.

Looking forward to our next AFC East battle!

[quote name='siradam134']
p.s. for anyone really getting your arse owned.... and you know there's no coming back....gameflow throughout the entire second half while browsing the interwebs is a good idea! [/QUOTE]

It was obvious you packed it in pretty early. Some of the goofy stuff like fair catching kickoffs at the ten and punting on 4th and inches from your own 39 was a bit silly, but I didn't take offense, I know I earned the win. :D

3 games left. Cru you having trouble reaching your opp? Doom, find a sub if you can. Does anyone know Tanabeo? I pmed him days ago with no response. I'll have to check xbl to see if he ever got back to me there. But if not I'd be looking for a sub in the 5-6 area.

Edit: and I have all intensions of wrapping this week up tonight.

DRC isn't being traded, sorry guys. You can't find another corner like that.
Another note, has anyone seen the 49ers guy? He hasn't been in touch

[quote name='TGIF']DRC isn't being traded, sorry guys. You can't find another corner like that.
Another note, has anyone seen the 49ers guy? He hasn't been in touch[/QUOTE]

lol, I had a feeling everyone was going to make a play for him and that he wouldn't be available, which is why I didn't even bother.

Lol well he said everyone available so y not try I would of made a fair trade.... worth a try... I just need one cb who can run deep with demarious thomas and the broncos are done

[quote name='TGIF']DRC isn't being traded, sorry guys. You can't find another corner like that.
Another note, has anyone seen the 49ers guy? He hasn't been in touch[/QUOTE]

He said he'll be on in 10 mins. Dunno if you're around.

Hey 49ers owner here I am around now , and Masterawesome are you around one of my players is on the falcons roster Ubernes told me to contact you.

bread's done
Back