Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='staticz']I'm trying to schedule my game for tonight but haven't heard from Cru. Is anyone interested in another live stream?[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. I don't have a webcam or I'd stream my games too. I definitely liked that though, it was very cool.

[quote name='sprice8688']i think he should be trying to hitstick someone named adrian peterson[/QUOTE]

the operative word there is trying... unless you have Patrick Willis, DeMarcus Ware, or James Harrison, all you're gonna do is make AP mad

[quote name='bvharris']Hell yeah. I don't have a webcam or I'd stream my games too. I definitely liked that though, it was very cool.[/QUOTE]

Count me in.

And here's my case for Charles.

311 Att 3138 Yards 41 TD 10.1 Yards per carry avg through 14 games.

[quote name='Doomtime']Count me in.

And here's my case for Charles.

311 Att 3138 Yards 41 TD 10.1 Yards per carry avg through 14 games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was over before it started dude. ;)

Dolphins-Pats going down at 11PM EST.

Pats clinch the playoffs with a win, and the division with a win and a Jets loss. I suppose I could also clinch a bye if the Steelers and Ravens also both lost, but I don't think I'm lucky enough for all three of them to choke in the same week.

don't think I have anyone that would stand a chance in the award races except maybe Cam for ROY just cuz he's won 11 games so far and his stat line isn't too bad. One of my safeties might be in the running for DPOY cuz of interceptions.

[quote name='staticz']No POTY candidates for me. Pretty great team play but I don't think anyone stands out.[/QUOTE]

Same. I don't know about you, but I prefer it that way. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Same. I don't know about you, but I prefer it that way. :D[/QUOTE]

For sure. Can't complain really. I've played better than I expected to with the Hawks.

[quote name='Doomtime']As of now you'd be hosting the Baltimore Ravens.

Winner of that game would take a trip to KC. (If nothing changes that is)[/QUOTE]

In my best Bart Scott voice...CAN'T WAIT!

Just because I need any win I can get, I nominate TJ Ward for...something.

Seriously though he does lead the league in tackles, has 2 picks, and 5 forced fumbles.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Just because I need any win I can get, I nominate TJ Ward for...something.

Seriously though he does lead the league in tackles, has 2 picks, and 5 forced fumbles.[/QUOTE]

booo! delmas has 17 picks!

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']lol i love playing spoilers. I'm gonna probably be the deciding factor of who gets the bye in the AFC East.

to try and win it or intentionally lose. Decisions, Decisions...

But I'm gonna be def be hit sticking Brady all day.[/QUOTE]

Not sure this is worth commenting on, but intentionally losing? What?

[quote name='bvharris']Really BigAT? Really? :wall:[/QUOTE]

Hey! My D played pretty well for a change! I contained and then injured Bradshaw. He actually was punished with a high ankle sprain on his one successful screen pass for a big gain. (Sorry!)

The game was a slug-fest for the first half and then the passing game opened up a bit for me. Keller was let loose and no one seemed to be able to stop him. He had 2 TDs and 100+ yards.

Two big moments in the game came when I was up 3 and on 3rd and goal I decided I need to go up by more than just 6 points with 2-3 minutes remaining. Of course, Sanchez throws a pick in the endzone. He prevented the pick six though and on the very next play David Harris picks it back. With some extra field to work with, the Jets took their time and once again found themselves in the redzone, this time with about 1:45 left. On 3rd and long the Jets decided they needed the first down to put this one away. Sanchez was sacked on the previous play so we needed 11-12 yards.

Mason (who I actually thought was Burress) caught a ball right at the marker, but was short by inches. I thought about going for it here. With 1:45 left what are 6 points worth? I was doing well in my pass D, but that's a lot of Madden time. After deciding I'd rather trust my D to keep BigAT out of the endzone rather than out of field goal range, and also realizing he had no time outs left, I booted it in from the 5-6 yard line on that 4th and inches.

It paid off and the Jets held on. BigAT had a nice little 2 minute drill, but it fell short when Stickland was able to pick Eli off in a one on one as his WR (not sure which) was streaking up the field. If I missed that pick the game would've been his. GG!

Assuming I win tonight, I'll face the task in Week 17 of deciding whether to play for the 2 seed or rest my guys against an opponent who's publicly expressed a desire to injure them.

[quote name='bvharris']Assuming I win tonight, I'll face the task in Week 17 of deciding whether to play for the 2 seed or rest my guys against an opponent who's publicly expressed a desire to injure them.[/QUOTE]

He isn't going to injure anyone, the chances of that happening are so slim

[quote name='staticz']He isn't going to injure anyone, the chances of that happening are so slim[/QUOTE]

bull shit i played the raiders and my winning td with mike williams he was tackled.into the endzone and got hurt for 2 weeks... it waz a guarenteed td to he went for a strip at the endzone and hurt him.... its possible

[quote name='sprice8688']bull shit i played the raiders and my winning td with mike williams he was tackled.into the endzone and got hurt for 2 weeks... it waz a guarenteed td to he went for a strip at the endzone and hurt him.... its possible[/QUOTE]

Didn't say it wasn't possible. I said the chances are slim. There is an even slimmer chance of a user controlled player doing the damage

Fero and I got disconnected three times. The first time was early, the second time was 14-13 me and I'd just gotten the first down to ice the game (we didn't count it since we weren't 100% sure it would give me the win), and then the third time it was 31-7. I'm gonna play the CPU since he's got another game.

Cardinals looked good against the Bengals, after the Bengals through three INT's inside their own 40, the first quarter ended 28-0. The second quarter I ran the clock out and passed for two TD's inside his 10.

Cardinals 42

Bengals 0

Can't wait to start the next season fresh at 0-0. The team is looking good

[quote name='LVPatriots']Cardinals looked good against the Bengals, after the Bengals through three INT's inside their own 40, the first quarter ended 28-0. The second quarter I ran the clock out and passed for two TD's inside his 10.

Cardinals 42

Bengals 0

Can't wait to start the next season fresh at 0-0. The team is looking good
[/QUOTE]

Typical way I have been playing recently - once I dropped off the charts and started my crazy losing streak, I made the decision to push my "Luck" for the draft and better my position...

Packers/Bears: Replied to mog's PM yesterday morning asking to play at 7 P.M. Eastern/4 P.. Pacific today. He asked if I could play last night, but I couldn't'. Still haven't heard back about today.

[quote name='Matt Young']Packers/Bears: Replied to mog's PM yesterday morning asking to play at 7 P.M. Eastern/4 P.. Pacific today. He asked if I could play last night, but I couldn't'. Still haven't heard back about today.[/QUOTE]

i talked to him earlier he said he was playing u tonight so he probly saw u could play and didnt respond back

[quote name='Doomtime']Skyrim preloaded and ready to go![/QUOTE]

I'm getting in tonight. Let me know what race you pick. This is my first ES game so I have no clue. I'm leaning wood elf though.

[quote name='itlnstln']Typical way I have been playing recently - once I dropped off the charts and started my crazy losing streak, I made the decision to push my "Luck" for the draft and better my position...[/QUOTE]

I had some suspiscion, although I think I shut you out in the fantasy league as well, so I didn't think much of it, although I can't believe you would actually do that. I started like 2-6 but I'm here to have fun.

Isn't it a little unsportsmanlike to throw games in order to get a higher draft pick?

[quote name='LVPatriots']I had some suspiscion, although I think I shut you out in the fantasy league as well, so I didn't think much of it, although I can't believe you would actually do that. I started like 2-6 but I'm here to have fun.

Isn't it a little unsportsmanlike to throw games in order to get a higher draft pick?[/QUOTE]

I do try until the end, but when my QB just cannot throw to his OWN open receivers or the O'line is getting overpowered - it just becomes a arms in the air "lets see what happens here" type play level. My next game against MA actually means something to him, so this will be played to win.

[quote name='ubernes']I'm getting in tonight. Let me know what race you pick. This is my first ES game so I have no clue. I'm leaning wood elf though.[/QUOTE]

I believe you mean Bosmer. ;)

I'm very surprised how many people who've never played an Elder Scrolls game before are getting Skyrim.

[quote name='itlnstln']I do try until the end, but when my QB just cannot throw to his OWN open receivers or the O'line is getting overpowered - it just becomes a arms in the air "lets see what happens here" type play level. My next game against MA actually means something to him, so this will be played to win.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that you went into the game with the intention of losing? If so Bravo, I think my win gave you a lower draft pick than me for now

Or are you saying that after you threw 2 or 3 picks you just gave up for that game?

If the first is true I'd just like to request that any one planning on doing that against me rget a sub, there are only 16 games in the season, and playing against someone who isn't trying is no fun.

Heck I'd rather play the CPU

[quote name='LVPatriots']I also think my defensive backs would laugh at the thought of your recievers being "open". [/QUOTE]

Starting to kinda come off as an ass here. Is it necessary to berate your opponent after beating him? You got the win...cool it.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I also think my defensive backs would laugh at the thought of your recievers being "open". [/QUOTE]

Although itlnstln has acted like an ass a few times in this thread as well, is it really necessary to berate your opponent after beating him? You got the win...cool it.

Also, I request that everybody in this thread type in the standard CAG font color. Every post you make makes my fucking eyes hurt. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

Also, I request that everybody in this thread type in the standard CAG font color. Every post you make makes my fucking eyes hurt. :)[/QUOTE]

This. I think my eyes just had a seizure.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Although itlnstln has acted like an ass a few times in this thread as well, is it really necessary to berate your opponent after beating him? You got the win...cool it.

Also, I request that everybody in this thread type in the standard CAG font color. Every post you make makes my fucking eyes hurt. :)[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be that guy, clearly the DBack post was unneccesary.

Throwing a game against an opponent with a similiar record in order to move up on the draft board is bush league.

Get your eyes checked.

[quote name='LVPatriots']
Get your eyes checked.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, it is kind of hard on the eyes. I don't know if you've used the mobile version of the site, but it's especially jarring on the white background.

I do appreciate the effort to differentiate through your posts which team you have, but could I suggest maybe putting it in your signature or avatar? Several other people in the league (Tanabeo) for example do similar things.

[quote name='bvharris']I have to admit, it is kind of hard on the eyes. I don't know if you've used the mobile version of the site, but it's especially jarring on the white background.

I do appreciate the effort to differentiate through your posts which team you have, but could I suggest maybe putting it in your signature or avatar? Several other people in the league (Tanabeo) for example do similar things.[/QUOTE]

I have only looked at the site on a computer, sorry about screwing with the other formats.

It says my CAG name, so I know there is no need to make it red and bold. I'll stop.

Is the whole throwing games when you are no longer eligible for the playoffs conversation getting swept under the rug? Has this been brought up before?

The Bengals owner openly admitted above that he has intentionally "sucked for luck". I am just trying to figure out whether this is an accepted practice in this league.

That is BS. If you're subbing and you have zero intent on winning you shouldn't be subbing in the first place. It not only affects draft picks but playoffs implications. This is why I hate subbing. Just play your own games and if you can't just hope the CPU has a big game.

[quote name='LVPatriots']
Is the whole throwing games when you are no longer eligible for the playoffs conversation getting swept under the rug? Has this been brought up before?

The Bengals owner openly admitted above that he has intentionally "sucked for luck". I am just trying to figure out whether this is an accepted practice in this league.[/QUOTE]

Nothing's being swept under the rug, haha. I don't think it's a secret that there are people in this league who do that. I personally find it pretty silly, since we're only going to play 3 or 4 seasons, tanking for a pick in one year doesn't make much sense. Additionally, there is no Andrew Luck in this draft. The first-round talent is pretty evenly balanced in these things. Yeah, you might get the more desirable positions, but the overall talent level of the guys who will be drafted near the top isn't leaps and bounds higher than the guys taken later in the rounds. I drafted at least one starter in every draft last year, always picking near the back end.

I certainly don't encourage people doing it, but if people find it that important to try and improve their draft position at the end of the year, I don't really care that much. In my mind the payoff doing so is dwarfed by the feeling of getting your ass kicked week in and week out.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']That is BS. If you're subbing and you have zero intent on winning you shouldn't be subbing in the first place. .[/QUOTE]

That's an entirely different issue. Nobody who's subbing should be throwing those games. I haven't heard of anybody doing that, it sounds like he was just talking about his own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back