Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bvharris']Yeah, I'll take care of it. And I'll make sure HM gets his game in before I advance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll pass it along tonight or tomorrow AM.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']They said you could trade him you just had to re-construct the deal.[/QUOTE]

Yea but Tanabeo said he was going to hold off for a bit.

Guess I should not have waited to pick...

team name: Bengals
Player added: Troy Smith
Player dropped: Dan LeFevour

I believe the only teams who have yet to pick up a FA are the Broncos and the Saints. You guys have until tonight when I advance to add someone, otherwise you miss your chance.

[quote name='itlnstln']Guess I should not have waited to pick...

team name: Bengals
Player added: Troy Smith
Player dropped: Dan LeFevour[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Smith your quarterback last night?

[quote name='jza1218']Wasn't Smith your quarterback last night?[/QUOTE]

That's fine, people were allowed to make their pick ups before the Week 5 games.

Just wanted to give you guys an update on venom...saw his facebook status update yesterday (during the game you were supposed to play against him hell monkey) Seems like he came down with something, and he had to go the hospital...

Bah — at North Providence Medical
16 Hours ago via Mobile

[quote name='bvharris']That's fine, people were allowed to make their pick ups before the Week 5 games.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, was just curious.

Damn. Well we should definitely try and find him a sub for tonight in case he's not able to play.

Actually, I can do it since I'm going to be around anyway to advance us. I'll just make HM commish while we play, and then have him give it back to me once I switch teams back.

Edit: That assumes of course that Venom isn't back by tonight, which I certainly hope he is.

Remaining schedule for the undefeated teams. I've yet to reach the meat of my schedule, doubt I'll make it through undefeated.

Chiefs

7 Chiefs @ Raiders
8 Chargers @ Chiefs
9 Dolphins @ Chiefs
10 Broncos @ Chiefs
11 Chiefs @ Patriots
12 Steelers @ Chiefs
13 Chiefs @ Bears
14 Chiefs @ Jets
15 Packers @ Chiefs
16 Raiders @ Chiefs
17 Chiefs @ Broncos

Steelers

6 Jaguars @ Steelers
7 Steelers @ Cardinals
8 Patriots @ Steelers
9 Ravens @ Steelers
10 Steelers @ Bengals
11 Bye
12 Steelers @ Chiefs
13 Bengals @ Steelers
14 Browns @ Steelers
15 Steelers @ 49ers
16 Rams @ Steelers
17 Steelers @ Browns

Giants

6 Bills @ Giants
7 Bye
8 Dolphins @ Giants
9 Giants @ Patriots
10 Giants @ 49ers
11 Eagles @ Giants
12 Giants @ Saints
13 Packers @ Giants
14 Giants @ Cowboys
15 Redskins @ Giants
16 Giants @ Jets
17 Cowboys @ Giants

49ers

6 49ers @ Lions
7 Bye
8 Browns @ 49ers
9 49ers @ Redskins
10 Giants @ 49ers
11 Cardinals @ 49ers
12 49ers @ Ravens
13 Rams @ 49ers
14 49ers @ Cardinals
15 Steelers @ 49ers
16 49ers @ Seahawks
17 49ers @ Rams

I see the Patriots popping up in there quite a bit and.. hey wait! I'm the Patriots! :headache:

You all play each other quite a bit as well, so at most 2 of you could go undefeated. I don't think anybody will though, the competition in this league is too fierce.

EA is releasing a Title Update for Madden in the near future I think (no date has been set yet), and fixing the speed boost on QB sneak plays is addressed in there. "Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst". They also mention something about tuning down the frequency of blocked field goals "by users running off the edge"...I don't know if that was the issue most of us experienced with having our field goals blocked, but hopefully it works. Title updates still affect our online franchise right?? Here's the link:
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/madden-title-update-2-details

[quote name='MasterAwesome'] Title updates still affect our online franchise right??[/QUOTE]

They should, yeah.

They couldn't be bothered to fix the 5 or so times a game that the announcers attribute a catch not to the receiver, but to the defender on him, or vice-versa?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Wow that sucks. Is venom ok?[/QUOTE]

He has been down and out with the double whammy of asthma and bronchitis and is on several medications.

Broncos advanced to 3-2 heading into the Bye Week with a 38-14 win over the Chargers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early on it was all Broncos with a 24-0 Lead at Half Time, San Diego would make things interesting by scoring the only points in the 3rd Quarter and bringing it to 24-7 and added on another Touchdown in the 4th to make it a 24-14 Game, But Knowshown Moreno sealed the deal with back to back 58 and 31 Yard Rushing TDs. The Denver Broncos have Cut Manny Ramirez and Added FS Darren Sharper to fill in for Injured FS Brian Dawkins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Broncos Top Performers:

Tim Tebow: 9/16 - 80 YDS - 2 TD
Knowshown Moreno: 11 ATT - 109 YDS - 2 TD
Julius Thomas - 4 Rec - 24 YDS - 2 TD

Broncos Defense:
27 TACK - 5 INT - 2 FF - 3 SACK

Chargers Top Performers:

Phillip Rivers: 5/16 - 177 YDS - 0 TD - 5 INT
Ryan Matthews: 12 ATT - 36 YDS - 1 TD
Antonio Gates: 6 REC - 95 YDS

Chargers Defense:
33 TACK - 2 SACK - 2 INT - 1 FF

[quote name='venom']The Denver Broncos have Cut Manny Ramirez and Added FS Darren Sharper to fill in for Injured FS Brian Dawkins.[/QUOTE]

This is your FA signing, correct?

Final FA list for reference:

Group 1:
1. Bills - Mark Tauscher (RT)
2. Titans - Shaun O'Hara (C)
3. Eagles - Keith Bullock (ROLB)
4. Cowboys - Noel Devine (HB)
5. Vikings - Terrel Owens (WR)
6. Cardinals - Max Starks (LT)
7. Colts - Antwan Odom (DE)
8. Dolphins - Lofa Tatupu (MLB)

Group 2:
9. Rams - Tony Richardson (FB)
10. Browns - Leonard Davis (RG)
11. Jaguars - Justin Gage (WR)
12. Bengals - Troy Smith (QB)
13. Chargers - Kawika Mitchell (ROLB)
14. Texans - Tommie Harris (DT)
15. Redskins - David Garrard (QB)
16. Bears - Chester Putts (LG)

Group 3:
17. Panthers - Marcus Stroud (DE)
18. Raiders - Dhani Jones (MLB)
19. Broncos - Darren Sharper (FS)
20. Lions - Bruce Johnson (CB)
21. Seahawks -Trent Edwards (QB)
22. Ravens - Thaddeus Gibson (LOLB)
23. Falcons - Vince Manuwai (LG)
24. Bucs - T.J. Houshmandzadeh (WR)

Group 4:
25. Saints - NO PICK
26. Patriots - Lousaka Polite (FB)
27. Jets - Chinedum Ndukwe (SS)
28. Packers - Leonard Weaver (FB)
29. Giants - Julian Peterson (LOLB)
30. Steelers - Shawn Nelson (TE)
31. 49ers - Donnie Avery (WR)
32. Chiefs - Randall Gay (CB)

[quote name='venom']Yessir[/QUOTE]

Alright. I'm putting this out in the public sphere so future opponents have a heads up: You have now had two separate complaints about your playstyle by opponents this year. One incident ubernes and I let slide because you're a league vet and we haven't had issues in years past, but we want you to know it's become an issue.

One of us will send you a PM detailing the stuff you should avoid. But from what I'm hearing it's common sense stuff that you should know better about. As a general rule, if you find yourself doing something you would never see in an NFL game, you're probably running afoul of the spirit of the league.

For everyone else: This is a general reminder that we're going to have very little patience for any sort of chicanery. This league is so great in large part because we leave bullshit ranked game cheapery where it belongs. If you see anyone who's not playing within the spirit of the league, please let ubernes and myself know.

Patriots 31 - Cowboys 0

The Patriots smothered the Cowboys 31-0 in New England, in what can only be described as a total team effort. The Pats get their 2nd shutout of the season (3rd if you count the game they only gave up a KR), and I really wish the real Pats D was taking notes.

Brady was the driving force for the Pats for the first time all season, going 20-26 for 259 yards and 2 TDs, though his interception woes continue, throwing another dumb one here. The Patriots' HB duo took a bit of a backseat, with Woodhead and Green-Ellis combining for 20 carries and 72 yards and a score (by Lawfirm). Brady spread the ball around well, completing passes to 7 different receivers. Gronk and Hernandez scored the TDs, and Welker also had a nice game, especially on 3rd down.

It was the Pats' D which stole the show however, not letting Romo get anything going all day. He was 9 for 17 for 106 yards and 4 picks. Patrick Chung had 2, Ras-I Dowling had 1 (on a sweet manual tip from Brandon Spikes) and Darius Butler returned one for 6 (contributing more than he ever did during his actual time on the Pats). The Cowboys run game was a complete non-factor.

---
gg man! I definitely had some lucky picks in this one (the kind I don't usually get, so I guess it evens out), but I contribute a lot of that to getting a lead and forcing you to throw so much. That Spikes tip to Dowling was all me though, probably the best manual defensive play I've made this year.

The Patriots head to their bye 5-1. There was a scare when Gronk broke his finger, but it turns out he's not going to miss any time (dude would play through 10 broken fingers).

[quote name='Doomtime']What's the issue?[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to go spell everything out publicly at this point, but the general things are:

1) Running backwards with the QB and waiting for the defense to break down. Even with a scrambling QB, this is not okay. Move laterally all you want, but the QB running backwards all the time is not something you see in the NFL.

2) Directional short punting in an effort not to let the punt returner get under the ball, thus being unable to call a fair catch and the AI still going for the ball and fumbling. Directional punting is fine, but common sense dictates the difference between keeping it away from the returner and trying to game the AI.

3) Continuing to try to score up big late. This includes runs where the clear intent is to score (outside tosses, etc). Basically, if you don't think you'd see a real NFL team run out the clock that way, neither should you.

All of this should be common sense to league vets, but it bears repeating that none of this stuff should be going on in this league.

In Week 5, the Bills continued the Eagles woes, but, hey, DeSean Jackson returned a missed field goal some 110 yards for a touchdown. So we've got that going for us.

Also, that this point I will listen to offers for Mr. Asante Samuel if a good tackling linebacker can be had.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']In Week 5, the Bills continued the Eagles woes, but, hey, DeSean Jackson returned a missed field goal some 110 yards for a touchdown. So we've got that going for us.
[/QUOTE]

Haha, I saw the box score and it called it a 105 yard fumble return. I was like.. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?! :lol:

[quote name='PacerPerspect']In Week 5, the Bills continued the Eagles woes, but, hey, DeSean Jackson returned a missed field goal some 110 yards for a touchdown. So we've got that going for us.

Also, that this point I will listen to offers for Mr. Asante Samuel if a good tackling linebacker can be had.[/QUOTE]

Color me interested.

[quote name='Doomtime']Color me interested.[/QUOTE]

As am I. Though truthfully I find myself wondering if stockpiling CBs is going to be as sound a strategy this year as it was last. There's so much more running this year, I almost think weakening myself up the middle would be a bad idea.

I've seen way fewer 4 and 5-wide sets than last year (and am running way fewer myself).

Looking for a #2 or #3 Calibur WR, 70+ Rated Speed MLB, 80+ Rated Left or Right Guard, Open to Negotiations on the Trade of Kyle Orton as well if anyone is interested.

[quote name='venom']Looking for a #2 or #3 Calibur WR, 70+ Rated Speed MLB, 80+ Rated Left or Right Guard, Open to Negotiations on the Trade of Kyle Orton as well if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I might be willing to trade the man on the right in your avatar, assuming you haven't soured on him. ;) We'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back