Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Deuce20602']actually Tanabeo, I'll be home in an hour or so... will u be around?[/QUOTE]

Just saw this and I understand about having to play me twice so if someone else is on to play deuce, If not I should be home around that time to play. Im going to play a round of golf in the morning but I should be back by 11 est.

[quote name='Tanabeo']Wish I could have been the chargers to start, wait nvm KC is in that Div. I take that back.[/QUOTE]

They're beatable

[quote name='Tanabeo']Just saw this and I understand about having to play me twice so if someone else is on to play deuce, If not I should be home around that time to play. Im going to play a round of golf in the morning but I should be back by 11 est.[/QUOTE]

nobody stepped up lol so i'll be on around 11 am... i go to the gym at 7 and i go thru a pretty intense workout so there's a slight chance i could be a lil late gettin back but i'll let u know. I'm not all that concerned with playing u now that i've discovered a playbook that matches the way i wanna run my offense... hopefully i'll have it perfected by the time i see the Bucs

[quote name='Deuce20602']what constitutes nano blitzing?[/QUOTE]

Setting up your blitz in such a way as to take advantage of a hole in the offensive line AI so you basically have a free rusher who will never be picked up by the line. Just getting a running start with a linebacker and finding a hole into the backfield would not really be nano blitzing in my opinion. Typically if you're being nano blitzed you won't have time to do anything.

[quote name='bvharris']Setting up your blitz in such a way as to take advantage of a hole in the offensive line AI so you basically have a free rusher who will never be picked up by the line. Just getting a running start with a linebacker and finding a hole into the backfield would not really be nano blitzing in my opinion. Typically if you're being nano blitzed you won't have time to do anything.[/QUOTE]

so pinching ur d-line, then shifting the LB's down and in so the gaps between the DTs and DEs are filled... the DT or DE(Jared Allen in this case) gets thru untouched every time...every play action i've ran has resulted in a sack... and Cam only gets 2 steps into a drop back before he has to take off running...

Panthers lose 27-24, in large part to what i felt was nano blitzing the whole game. It took me the entire first half to figure out what i had to do to be able to throw the ball at all so my entire first half was spent trying to keep Cam Newton from getting hurt.

Aside from the nano blitzing, McNabb hurt me twice on third down... i gotta remember that teams wit running QBs rarely look to throw the ball on third and short when they line up in a passing formation. Danny Woodhead burned one of my CBs late in the game to help the Vikes maintain possession and eventually score.

All in all, Cam had a good game, mainly because he didnt throw a pick. DeAngelo helped back the line off a bit in the second half but playing from behind kinda limited his touches. Charles Godfrey had 3 INTs. GG Tanabeo

[quote name='Deuce20602']so pinching ur d-line, then shifting the LB's down and in so the gaps between the DTs and DEs are filled... the DT or DE(Jared Allen in this case) gets thru untouched every time...every play action i've ran has resulted in a sack... and Cam only gets 2 steps into a drop back before he has to take off running...[/QUOTE]

Its 4-6 bear and I call a play that blitzs 6-7 people I dont like giving anyone time its easy to stop cru put 60 points on me mog put 51 they just went into shotgun and left the RB back to block. I dont move anyone I dont reblitz anyone i just show blitz and hope for the best its not a nano if i send 6-7 againts your 4-5 of course someone is coming off the edge and if you take out from under center my blitz will be in for face.

And I take anything I said bad about Woodhead back.

[quote name='Deuce20602']so pinching ur d-line, then shifting the LB's down and in so the gaps between the DTs and DEs are filled... the DT or DE(Jared Allen in this case) gets thru untouched every time...every play action i've ran has resulted in a sack... and Cam only gets 2 steps into a drop back before he has to take off running...[/QUOTE]

I don't know enough about it to be able to say whether that's nano blitzing or not... Can someone who knows more about it than I do help out?

Edit: Though I do have to wonder... Why are you calling play action passes when your opponent is bringing the house?

[quote name='bvharris']I don't know enough about it to be able to say whether that's nano blitzing or not... Can someone who knows more about it than I do help out?

Edit: Though I do have to wonder... Why are you calling play action passes when your opponent is bringing the house?[/QUOTE]

Yes I got him on about 3 PA plays

I'm still not fully sure what happened, all I know is that I got whooped pretty badly. And that I will not be using the Ravens Defensive Playbook again. Ha.

I'm gonna say that's fine. Sounds just like Tanabeo was bringing heavy pressure. Looking at the stat line it looks like he only got 5 sacks, I don't think that's exceptionally high given the way sacks are up this year (I get 1 or 2 a game without even trying). If he made a concentrated effort to blitz a lot, 5 is not unreasonable.

Personally I love it when people blitz a lot, since it's pretty easy to counter in this game. Gotta make the adjustment (which it looks like Deuce did as the game went on).

On a more important note: Danny Woodhead is clearly a beast. Like I've been saying. :D

[quote name='Tanabeo']Its 4-6 bear and I call a play that blitzs 6-7 people I dont like giving anyone time its easy to stop cru put 60 points on me mog put 51 they just went into shotgun and left the RB back to block. I dont move anyone I dont reblitz anyone i just show blitz and hope for the best its not a nano if i send 6-7 againts your 4-5 of course someone is coming off the edge and if you take out from under center my blitz will be in for face.

And I take anything I said bad about Woodhead back.[/QUOTE]

i would keep the RB in to block and the DT came thru untouched... i shifted my line and Jared Allen ran around the edge untouched. The formation is nothing new but the way the players come thru a better than average O-Line was a lil strange.. but whatever.

BV, early in the game, i call play action to test the D. Not knowing whether or not the house is coming, i'd keep the FB and TE in to block givin me 7 blockers to match his 6-7 in the box. None of the plays were meant to go deep so it's not like a lot of time is needed but Cam was just coming out of the ball fake and he's gettin hit. I'm not tryna make it a big deal... obviously i worked around it enough to put up points, i just got irritated in the game that every time i drop back (or start off in shotgun), i'm running for Cam's life before he gets to complete a drop back

So BV, It sounds like we might get Brandon Lloyd from Denver. You may get that Lloyd trade yet haha. Next Year anyway!

[quote name='Deuce20602']
BV, early in the game, i call play action to test the D. Not knowing whether or not the house is coming, i'd keep the FB and TE in to block givin me 7 blockers to match his 6-7 in the box. None of the plays were meant to go deep so it's not like a lot of time is needed but Cam was just coming out of the ball fake and he's gettin hit. I'm not tryna make it a big deal... obviously i worked around it enough to put up points, i just got irritated in the game that every time i drop back (or start off in shotgun), i'm running for Cam's life before he gets to complete a drop back[/QUOTE]

I think it's less play calling on either side and more the game itself. I get sacked a good portion of the time I run play action too, to the point where I've almost taken it out of my gameplan altogether.

[quote name='venom']So BV, It sounds like we might get Brandon Lloyd from Denver. You may get that Lloyd trade yet haha. Next Year anyway![/QUOTE]

Haha, we'll see. I'm not really sure we need another receiver (or where it would leave Ocho).

I'd like to have Lloyd if he can grasp the system. He could bring a lot to the table, although as you said I'm not sure where Ocho would be left. That would mean we would have about 5 other guys in front of him. Poor Ocho, I so badly want to see him do well.

The 46 is the nano blitz package of choice for cheesers online. But it only works if you keep the linebackers shifting in constant motion from left to right. When they know what they're doing, you have less than a second to throw the ball.

It doesn't sound like tanabeo was constant shifting.

[quote name='Doomtime']The 46 is the nano blitz package of choice for cheesers online. But it only works if you keep the linebackers shifting in constant motion from left to right. When they know what they're doing, you have less than a second to throw the ball.

It doesn't sound like tanabeo was constant shifting.[/QUOTE]

Yea I just show blitz and let it ride now I dont want to use this play book if online cheesers use it guess I will find something else.

The only reason I blitz is I cant user control someone and get 3 picks a game, I drop wide open picks that hit me right in the hands.

duece all you had to do is call plays with shorter routes and inch your way up the field and if he is bringing all those people then you should have one on one outside or just simply send your TE up the seem and hit him fast.

[quote name='augmog']duece all you had to do is call plays with shorter routes and inch your way up the field and if he is bringing all those people then you should have one on one outside or just simply send your TE up the seem and hit him fast.[/QUOTE]

i was calling slants and hooks but i had no time to throw the ball... mainly because Jared Allen was coming off the edge untouched and DeAngelo Williams seemed to be afraid of him. I eventually adjusted to it but i had to get past the irritation of not being able to complete a 5 step drop without having purple and white in Newton's face. When we play Tampa Bay, it'll be a whole different ball game so i'm not losing sleep over it. I just gotta keep an eye on the Saints because they're challenging us for NFC South supremacy right now and TB and ATL aren't far behind

ive played also abd experienced and bitched because when i snap.the ball the def end runs right around my tackle and i get hit like u said right as u snap the ball.... i think its more of just some kind of mess up in the game.... u have 5 guys blocking at all times and sometimes i get hit like that and count 4 guys rushing.... shotgun only helps if u get the ball off quick

if it's not a nano, then thats fine. I know full well the game has a lot of things that need to be fixed. I recognized the formation but him showing blitz and the way people were coming thru the line made it appear to be nano blitzing. It is possible to get around it but it's a hassle to have to adjust ur play calling to account for something like that that's happening every play. i found running the ball much more effective than any adjustment in the passing game and since i use a run oriented offense, it worked out. My defense let me down in the second half of that game but it wont happen every game.

[quote name='staticz']If all the pressure is coming off the edge, why aren't you running it up the middle? Everything has a counter.[/QUOTE]

there was no way to know where the pressure was coming from. one play, it'd be Jared Allen coming off the edge untouched, the next it was Kevin Williams thru the middle. it was countered entirely in the second half, but like i said... playing from behind causes u to have to throw the ball more.

i know football... i wouldnt waste time talkin about somethin that has an easy fix like running up the middle or calling shorter routes... i went thru a whole half of trying to figure it out before i said anything about it and the reason i said something was because your typical counters for any blitz had no effect. I recognize that there is a differential in talent between teams so no matter what i do, Jared Allen and Kevin Williams will cause problems up front... just didnt expect them to be in the backfield almost every play for 2 qtrs. I have a pretty good O-Line (sans my RG) so it struck me as odd that i was constantly being pressured within a split second of snapping the ball

[quote name='Deuce20602']there was no way to know where the pressure was coming from. one play, it'd be Jared Allen coming off the edge untouched, the next it was Kevin Williams thru the middle. it was countered entirely in the second half, but like i said... playing from behind causes u to have to throw the ball more.

i know football... i wouldnt waste time talkin about somethin that has an easy fix like running up the middle or calling shorter routes... i went thru a whole half of trying to figure it out before i said anything about it and the reason i said something was because your typical counters for any blitz had no effect. I recognize that there is a differential in talent between teams so no matter what i do, Jared Allen and Kevin Williams will cause problems up front... just didnt expect them to be in the backfield almost every play for 2 qtrs. I have a pretty good O-Line (sans my RG) so it struck me as odd that i was constantly being pressured within a split second of snapping the ball[/QUOTE]

I follow you now. Sounds linke Cincy's defense, absolutely killed me. 4-6 defense is what Sgibs7 runs so everyone tries to do the same, I've given it a shot but can't get it down.

[quote name='Doomtime']We are talking about Madden devs, the underachievers of the gaming industry. It won't be fixed until next year.[/QUOTE]

Heh. I didn't realize that they turned over almost the entire Madden team. Look for regression not progression in Madden 13.

[quote name='Deuce20602']i would keep the RB in to block and the DT came thru untouched... i shifted my line and Jared Allen ran around the edge untouched. The formation is nothing new but the way the players come thru a better than average O-Line was a lil strange.. but whatever.

BV, early in the game, i call play action to test the D. Not knowing whether or not the house is coming, i'd keep the FB and TE in to block givin me 7 blockers to match his 6-7 in the box. None of the plays were meant to go deep so it's not like a lot of time is needed but Cam was just coming out of the ball fake and he's gettin hit. I'm not tryna make it a big deal... obviously i worked around it enough to put up points, i just got irritated in the game that every time i drop back (or start off in shotgun), i'm running for Cam's life before he gets to complete a drop back[/QUOTE]

The problem with play action is that the game acts like it KNOWS you're calling it. There is often no bite and even no hesitation in rushing the QB. With any kind of blitz (even one man unless he gets hung up somehow), it's almost a guaranteed sack. I also feel like the blocking is weaker than on a standard pass play for whatever reason.

I do have to say though, even as much as I suck, if somebody was blitzing 6-7 guys every time, I'd pick him apart with quick slant routes and little lobs over the middle. My TE would become Jerry Rice in that kind of game, haha.

one thing about play action this year is the defense pays attention. if you haven't ran the ball well...or at all... PA is not gonna work. no balance...no play action

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm playing "Bye Week" right now... should be done around the same time as those other games.[/QUOTE]

I call bs....we can't both be playing bye week at the same time.....unless...we are the same?

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm playing "Bye Week" right now... should be done around the same time as those other games.[/QUOTE]

I always knew you were bye...

And yeah, pitfall got dropped from the EA servers in the 3rd quarter of our game. He was ahead 14-3 at the time, but considering I just came back from 13-3 in the 4th quarter in my last game, I wasn't about to concede this one. Plus, it was in some nasty ass rain, so I'd gladly replay it. He said he didn't have time to restart, and asked if we could play tomorrow. I told him that was fine with me as long as the collective heads of the league didn't explode in the meantime.

If I was leading going into the 4th I wouldn't be quite happy about "restarting" 0-0 when leading 14-0. I think you guys should have just restart the game and played how many quarter you guys had left. If you had one quarter left just play till 2nd quarter. That would be my ideal solution should somebody gets D/C.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']If I was leading going into the 4th I wouldn't be quite happy about "restarting" 0-0 when leading 14-0. I think you guys should have just restart the game and played how many quarter you guys had left. If you had one quarter left just play till 2nd quarter. That would be my ideal solution should somebody gets D/C.[/QUOTE]

Shit happens. I can't say I'm unhappy with restarting. The game very well could've been turned around. Nate's defense was the first one this season who really slowed down my air attack.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']If I was leading going into the 4th I wouldn't be quite happy about "restarting" 0-0 when leading 14-0. I think you guys should have just restart the game and played how many quarter you guys had left. If you had one quarter left just play till 2nd quarter. That would be my ideal solution should somebody gets D/C.[/QUOTE]

So what happens to the rest of the game then? Play one quarter (though there was like 1:40 left in the 3rd I believe) and whoever is losing just quits? I could possibly even get on board if the losing team had been the one to drop because then you could suspect some monkey business. But pitfall's connection crapped out. It wasn't my fault we didn't get to finish the game...and now I've gotta reschedule on a different day to very possibly lose again. I think both parties being inconvenienced is what makes it fair.

The Eagles remain winless after a rough 21-13 loss to the rival Cowboys.

After jumping out to a 21-7 lead in the second quarter, the Philadelphia defense woke up and shut out Dallas over the remainder of the game. Opting for a field goal with a little more than two minutes left, the Eagles forced the Cowboys to punt and gave themselves a chance to tie the game with a touchdown (and a two-point conversation).

Instead, they turned the ball over.

But, Tony Romo being Tony Romo, the Cowboys turned the ball back over and gave Philadelphia a chance to tie the game once again. Michael Vick drove the Eagles to deep without Dallas territory, but he threw an incompletion targeted for Jason Avant as time expired.

Key Stats:
-- The Eagles were just 1-for-10 on third down.
-- Philadelphia had a +1 takeaway ratio.
-- Dallas had a total yards edge of 320 to 291.
-- The Cowboys scored TDs on both trips to the red zone, while the Eagles kicked a field goal on their only red zone attempt.
-- Philadelphia's only TD came on a 66-yard interception return by Akeem Jordan in the first quarter.

The new Eagles performed as followed:
-- Brandon Spikes had three tackles, including one for a loss.
-- Brian Waters did not allow a sack and he helped LeSean McCoy rush 13 times for 63 yards.
-- This is from memory, but I believe Darius Butler deflected a pass.

I'd like to be added to the waiting list.

GT: FatalKiller X

I'd like the Chargers if possible, but not a deal breaker.

Fantasy Draft or Regular teams are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back