Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gbpackers94']Yanksfan you should take the Bills. Your activeness on this thread makes me happy.[/QUOTE]

That would be fine with me if he's interested. I'd just like to have the spot filled before the draft if at all possible.

[quote name='bvharris']Might not happen in year 3. After all, the schedule bug is allegedly fixed. You never can say with Madden.[/QUOTE]
The video game developers should come up with a way to open source games, it would take pressure of their backs to fix glitches if the gaming community could work on them.

I assume the EA website is the one with the right ages and ratings? I remember from the JV league there was a discrepancy between the site and the game with that

[quote name='KasterDB']I assume the EA website is the one with the right ages and ratings? I remember from the JV league there was a discrepancy between the site and the game with that[/QUOTE]

xfn is the right one, although the only way to see the actual rating is the in game depth chart.

No, the EA site's ages are wrong. XFN has the right ages, but the overalls are still off between that and the Depth Chart in-game (which is the definitive version).

[quote name='siradam134']this is correct, kaster.[/QUOTE]

No. EA site assumes everyone was born on the same day, while xfn actually takes into account DOB. What I mean is that someone who's birthday was at the end of the season would be considered a year older. So like if someone was 21 and their bday was in February it would say they were 22 in week 1.... unless I'm wrong.

Here's how it shakes out as I understand it:

Player Management: Correct ages, wrong overall
Depth Chart: Correct ages, correct overall
EA Website: Wrong ages, wrong overall
XFN: Correct ages, wrong overall

The Depth Chart is always the definitive source (and naturally the only one other players can't see). But the individual attributes are all the same everywhere except for Pass Block Footwork (as noted below).

It's worth mentioning again: Overall Rating is just a number which is calculated based on a formula derived from the individual ratings. Because a guy is a 95 on Player Management and a 88 on Depth Chart, that doesn't mean he's worse than he appears in PM. He's the exact same player, there's just a bug in how Player Management tallies the overall. The only reason we ask for Depth Chart ratings it to so we're consistently applying an even standard between players and between different trades.

From my investigation, the only individual attribute where the discrepancy occurs is Pass Block Footwork, which is typically inflated on Player Management. I don't know if that accounts for the entire calculation error since I don't know the formula which is used to calculate overall, but it's the only attribute which I've ever seen differing between the two sources. So it would only be applicable for guys where that stat is (O-line, TE).

[quote name='bvharris']That would be fine with me if he's interested. I'd just like to have the spot filled before the draft if at all possible.[/QUOTE]

I will take a shot and pick up the Bills. I fully expect to be torn apart this next season, but I will always stay with a game and play respectful.

[quote name='Doomtime']Microsoft would have a heart attack. EA sports just needs better developers. That's the problem[/QUOTE]
I know, open source has its pros and cons, and the leader in industry Microsoft has tighter security than fort knox....I was actually just reading something about fort knox and how previous presidents used up all our gold reserves...people who work inside say they haven't seen gold in about 20years.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I will take a shot and pick up the Bills. I fully expect to be torn apart this next season, but I will always stay with a game and play respectful.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. That's all we ask really.

Plus, you're in a division with both commissioners as well as an unofficial deputy, so if you stray from the rules you're sure to hear about it. :lol:

I'll PM you the league info.

[quote name='Doomtime']That's right! That was the weirdest case in the league.[/QUOTE]

lol y me? :(.... it was pretty much my whole defense tho besides suh farley and alphonso

[quote name='siradam134']Lol. i used the #1 OVERALL PICK to Draft the BEST Qb Available in last years draft. Perhaps you need to learn to read.[/QUOTE]

thought i quoted the first rounder for shaub id do it to

[quote name='Yanksfan']I will take a shot and pick up the Bills. I fully expect to be torn apart this next season, but I will always stay with a game and play respectful.[/QUOTE]

without mckelvin u need a corner lets talk!

[quote name='gbpackers94']Hey Doom can you play at 2:15 (5 minutes)? I have a new technique I want to try out.[/QUOTE]
im about to pick up 2k sometime later on, they finally got another used one in stock, can't wait to see how this years plays....the lockout threw me outta the loop with 2k.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need an online pass to play online. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]
Damn 2k is riding the online pass wave now....wtf

well i see theres been some talk about schaub and gabbert. but i can tell u this i know gabbert worth more but thats why i'm keeping him becuz i think hes better than schaub and well will only keep getting better. and schaub is a 89 overall why wouldnt i get a first rounder for him when i traded a 1st and 3rd for him. so i think a single first round draft pick for him is quite fair and cheap as well the person getting him is getting the better end of the deal thats for sure

[quote name='DVO21']well i see theres been some talk about schaub and gabbert. but i can tell u this i know gabbert worth more but thats why i'm keeping him becuz i think hes better than schaub and well will only keep getting better. and schaub is a 89 overall why wouldnt i get a first rounder for him when i traded a 1st and 3rd for him. so i think a single first round draft pick for him is quite fair and cheap as well the person getting him is getting the better end of the deal thats for sure[/QUOTE]

Supply and demand. I agree that a 1st rounder is fair for him, but if you don't find anyone willing to give you that, than the market has determined he's not worth it. I too would make that trade if I needed a QB, though obviously I don't.

[quote name='KasterDB']Appreciate the thorough response bv, thank you.[/QUOTE]

No problem. :D

[quote name='LVPatriots']So when is this Super Bowl thing getting played? I'm anxious to see the draft class.[/QUOTE]

Should be tonight around 6PM.

[quote name='DVO21']well i see theres been some talk about schaub and gabbert. but i can tell u this i know gabbert worth more but thats why i'm keeping him becuz i think hes better than schaub and well will only keep getting better. and schaub is a 89 overall why wouldnt i get a first rounder for him when i traded a 1st and 3rd for him. so i think a single first round draft pick for him is quite fair and cheap as well the person getting him is getting the better end of the deal thats for sure[/QUOTE]

I know I am interested in Schaub at the moment. I will be checking out the Bills roster in a bit and will see if I still do after doing so.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I know I am interested in Schaub at the moment. I will be checking out the Bills roster in a bit and will see if I still do after doing so.[/QUOTE]

sounds good bro just pm me if u are interested

to BV
well i think we all know u dont need one lol i think tom brady is going to do u just fine but i hope he retires lol.
there are teams that need QB's in my opionion
examples: broncos, bills, raiders, Skins, Bucs, bengals, browns, saints,
not saying that they need a QB to be good becuz thats not always the case just saying these teams dont have topped rated QB's but that doesnt mean thats wut there looking for but the i got what they need if they want

[quote name='DVO21']
well i think we all know u dont need one lol i think tom brady is going to do u just fine but i hope he retires lol.
[/QUOTE]

He won't retire during this franchise. I'm in year 6 of my offline franchise, and Brady is still in the league at 40.

He's not as old as people seem to think, haha.

I really hate to do this, but I've decided to hang up the cleats and retire from the league. Unfortunately I have a lot on my plate at the moment and the Madden league is on the chopping block. Games have felt like an obligation lately rather than something I look forward to, which is not something I want.

Sorry for doing this so close to the draft, but it's a decision I've been wrestling with for the last couple of weeks, trying to convince myself out of it. The Giants roster is in pretty good shape with very few needs, so whoever takes over should be in a good position. I can draft for the team if you can't find a replacement on such short notice and if I'm home Sunday night.

Big thanks to Uber, BV, SirAdam and everyone else that made the league operate smoothly and made the community a fun group to be a part of.

[quote name='siradam134']Here's your bills Roster sorted by Overall, Yanksfan. Welcome to the AFC East. Look forward to playing you twice a year.

http://xtreme-football.net/CAG/team/roster/BUF?sort=overall.desc[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, same here. Looks like we are both in Orlando, so hopefully our games won't lag much. :D

I'm shooting for a 1 game improvement for the Bills next season, a big 3-13. Let's see if I can live up to the pressure.

[quote name='BigAT']I really hate to do this, but I've decided to hang up the cleats and retire from the league. Unfortunately I have a lot on my plate at the moment and the Madden league is on the chopping block. Games have felt like an obligation lately rather than something I look forward to, which is not something I want.

Sorry for doing this so close to the draft, but it's a decision I've been wrestling with for the last couple of weeks, trying to convince myself out of it. The Giants roster is in pretty good shape with very few needs, so whoever takes over should be in a good position. I can draft for the team if you can't find a replacement on such short notice and if I'm home Sunday night.

Big thanks to Uber, BV, SirAdam and everyone else that made the league operate smoothly and made the community a fun group to be a part of.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that man. We've enjoyed having you as always, hopefully you'll be able to rejoin us for Madden 13!

If any new guys want the Giants instead of their current team, speak now.

[quote name='bvharris']Sorry to hear that man. We've enjoyed having you as always, hopefully you'll be able to rejoin us for Madden 13!

If any new guys want the Giants instead of their current team, speak now.[/QUOTE]

I will toss my name into the hat for them. It is not a huge deal though either way. But their roster looks better, even though I know I won't be able to maintain that 14-2 record that BigAT had them at.

[quote name='BigAT']I really hate to do this, but I've decided to hang up the cleats and retire from the league. Unfortunately I have a lot on my plate at the moment and the Madden league is on the chopping block. Games have felt like an obligation lately rather than something I look forward to, which is not something I want.

Big thanks to Uber, BV, SirAdam and everyone else that made the league operate smoothly and made the community a fun group to be a part of.[/QUOTE]

oye, Bigat! i hate to see you go. You were one of the "silent but deadly" types who we could always count on to woop up on all these new powerhouses! I hate to see you go, hope to see you come back soon/next year/etc etc etc.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I will toss my name into the hat for them. It is not a huge deal though either way. But their roster looks better, even though I know I won't be able to maintain that 14-2 record that BigAT had them at.[/QUOTE]

No Cam Newton though

[quote name='LVPatriots']No Cam Newton though[/QUOTE]

Cam Newton's not on the Bills either last I checked. ;)

Too many Yankees usernames in the league now.

so i must be blind or something i know i saw this earlier for sure been going back through the pages and must be just missing it or something.

but where can we find the exact correct ages of the players that the game is base it off of?

this is annoying becuz i know i saw this but cant find it now

[quote name='Doomtime']Hope to see you back for Madden 13 with Tebow on the cover.[/QUOTE]

If they do fan voting again, I'll call it right now for Tebow vs. Gronk in the last matchup.

Yanksfan, you can indeed take the Giants instead if you'd like.

Which still leaves us needing a Bills owner (this team is cursed). BSETI, does your friend still want them?

[quote name='DVO21']so i must be blind or something i know i saw this earlier for sure been going back through the pages and must be just missing it or something.

but where can we find the exact correct ages of the players that the game is base it off of?

this is annoying becuz i know i saw this but cant find it now[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9292566&postcount=10486

I've also linked it in the OP for future reference.

[quote name='DVO21']so i must be blind or something i know i saw this earlier for sure been going back through the pages and must be just missing it or something.

this is annoying becuz i know i saw this but cant find it now[/QUOTE]

See above

[quote name='bvharris']If they do fan voting again, I'll call it right now for Tebow vs. Gronk in the last matchup.

Yanksfan, you can indeed take the Giants instead if you'd like.

Which still leaves us needing a Bills owner (this team is cursed). BSETI, does your friend still want them?[/QUOTE]

i remember the bills being open when i joined the league. i really enjoyed them this year when i did the subs there arent as bad as people think good WR core good RBs decent QB good enough defense i dont think there really that bad.

[quote name='DVO21']i remember the bills being open when i joined the league. i really enjoyed them this year when i did the subs there arent as bad as people think good WR core good RBs decent QB good enough defense i dont think there really that bad.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're that bad either, though they're certainly not as talented as the Giants.

We've definitely had some trouble keeping them filled though. At least now I don't have to ask uber to update the thread title yet. :D

[quote name='Doomtime']Tebow on the cover of Madden may actually improve his passing game[/QUOTE]

Madden 316 Tebow Edition

Could he an LE that comes with authentic John 3:16 eye black.

Here's the madden cover

tim-tebow-friar-haircut.jpg

well damn now that the bills are open again im guessing yanksfan wont be lookingto get matt schaub anymore. this guy needs a new home and i thought it was going to be buffalo but now its seems like it wasnt ment to be :(

[quote name='Doomtime']Here's the madden cover

tim-tebow-friar-haircut.jpg
[/QUOTE]

he took that hair cutr like a good sport but maybe he was thinking his hair looked like a halo on his head

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back