Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='bvharris']This might be a silly question, but you made sure to sub your punter back in after the 1st, right? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, though it took me a game for that. I just can't pin inside 20, and I'm punting often.

[quote name='GpNinja']So I have about 68 people on my roster. So I have to cut 16 people by the time the regular season starts?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the game will compel you to do so in the "My Actions" section each week. This week's cut is to 59.

[quote name='Doomtime']Anything that puts Detroit closer to a financial crisis, I'm for.[/QUOTE]

lol never a crisis.... just means next man up

I've got something to bring up to the league for discussion. This is in light of the game being bugged for players with pre-existing injuries still being treated like they're out.

In my case it's Ty Warren, who is my top-rated DT, out for the year in real life and also out for the year in Madden despite how we have the setting (and despite not appearing on the injury report). I can put him in the depth chart, but when it's game time the game won't put him in and won't allow me to sub him in either. I haven't scanned the rosters, but I'd be surprised if I'm the only one in this situation.

So he's basically useless to me this season, which means my options are to carry him all year when he can't play or cut him.

My suggestion is this: For any situation where a guy is currently out due to this bug, we allow the owner to cut them from their roster and then re-sign them at the end of the year (like in week 17) so they don't have to carry him for the whole year but also aren't going to automatically lose him via free agency. This would be a sort of "protected IR" list where other people couldn't sign those guys during the in-season FA period.

Like I said, I haven't scanned every roster, but I'd be very surprised if Warren is the only guy this affects. What do you guys think?

It would be cool if the team that you praticed aganist. Could be your practice squad and you could bring players up.

Just had a glitch during practice finnigan was man to man. He took off directly to his left and left the building. No joke he went through the wall's.

[quote name='GpNinja']Just had a glitch during practice finnigan was man to man. He took off directly to his left and left the building. No joke he went through the wall's.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he heard someone outside was making fun of his hair. :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']Maybe he heard someone outside was making fun of his hair. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Probably went to go fight somebody outside. :argue: :boxing:

[quote name='Tanabeo']I know someone wants Carson Palmer somebody has to be hurting for a QB[/QUOTE]

No ones hurting that badly

[quote name='theredworm']sent mog a pm seeing when he could play haven't heard back, i can play anytime before noon[/QUOTE]

ill try to reach him for u

[quote name='theredworm']sent mog a pm seeing when he could play haven't heard back, i can play anytime before noon[/QUOTE]

I have class at 10:30 and won't be out until 2:45 can you play later today?

I contacted WV Matsui last night via PM and XBL messages while he was online, during his posted availability for Tuesday nights and I didn't get a response to either. I can't play until after 10 tonight but I don't want to give up the XP that I'll potentially earn by missing the game or having it simmed

[quote name='bvharris']I've got something to bring up to the league for discussion. This is in light of the game being bugged for players with pre-existing injuries still being treated like they're out.

In my case it's Ty Warren, who is my top-rated DT, out for the year in real life and also out for the year in Madden despite how we have the setting (and despite not appearing on the injury report). I can put him in the depth chart, but when it's game time the game won't put him in and won't allow me to sub him in either. I haven't scanned the rosters, but I'd be surprised if I'm the only one in this situation.

So he's basically useless to me this season, which means my options are to carry him all year when he can't play or cut him.

My suggestion is this: For any situation where a guy is currently out due to this bug, we allow the owner to cut them from their roster and then re-sign them at the end of the year (like in week 17) so they don't have to carry him for the whole year but also aren't going to automatically lose him via free agency. This would be a sort of "protected IR" list where other people couldn't sign those guys during the in-season FA period.

Like I said, I haven't scanned every roster, but I'd be very surprised if Warren is the only guy this affects. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had that problem because suggs should be hurt but he has been playing but we should just keep the guy on your roster shouldnt every team have more players than 53 and that suggestion would cause for your team to have a quick salary relief for the season

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I contacted WV Matsui last night via PM and XBL messages while he was online, during his posted availability for Tuesday nights and I didn't get a response to either. I can't play until after 10 tonight but I don't want to give up the XP that I'll potentially earn by missing the game or having it simmed[/QUOTE]

You'll still get XP if it is simmed.

NY Post Headline--

LIVING ON A PRAYER:
Tebow-Lead Comeback Falls Short

Just when you were thinking "what QB controversy?", QB1 Mark Sanchez stinks it up in the Jets preseason matchup against the Panthers. All looked lost for New York and their stuck-in-neutral offense, until Mr. Tim Tebow came into the game. For the first time this preseason, Tebow looked like a legit dual threat. Keeping Carolina off balanced with a series of runs, dump offs and even a couple deep throws. Expect both QBs to get a good run even in their final preseason game this week for what could be their last chance to impress (or disappoint) New York's coaches.

[quote name='augmog']I haven't had that problem because suggs should be hurt but he has been playing but we should just keep the guy on your roster shouldnt every team have more players than 53 and that suggestion would cause for your team to have a quick salary relief for the season[/QUOTE]

If I'm reading this correctly, you're basically saying that because it doesn't affect you that it's a bad idea? In any case, during the season you are indeed restricted to 53 players, so anyone in this situation would have an extra guy just taking up space.

As for salary relief, it would obviously create some cap room, but if you ended up using ALL of your cap room during the season you wouldn't even be able to re-sign the guy at the end of the year if you wanted to.

[quote name='bvharris']I've got something to bring up to the league for discussion. This is in light of the game being bugged for players with pre-existing injuries still being treated like they're out.

Like I said, I haven't scanned every roster, but I'd be very surprised if Warren is the only guy this affects. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I think cutting him will open up a bigger can of worms than just carrying him on your roster. I've put a couple of points to consider below.

-Cutting a player of that caliber will probably give you a pretty hefty cap hit. This may not affect everyone equally but if the bug is widespread then surely it would hit someone much harder than everyone else. Forcing those couple of people to carry their injured guy while others can make the cut without much cap penalty. If this happens then it wouldn't be fair that only certain people could free up cap space for the season, which could be used to sign a big name free agent, while others are forced to sit on it.

-When you go to resign that player he will probably want significantly more money than he was making when you cut him.

-The new contract from free agency will only give you rights to him for a year forcing you to renegotiate a long term deal with him before the offseason. The problem with this is that not every player wants to stay on your team. I've had players in my other ccm who were never available to renegotiate and wanted to go to free agency. That could leave some people bidding in free agency for a player who just last season was on their team and still had 4 years on their contract.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Those are fair points to raise. In Warren's case, he's in the last year of his deal and is only making around $1.1M anyway.

I actually looked through about 1/3 of the rosters last night and I couldn't find any other players in this situation. You can tell with Warren because he has the little injury symbol on his player card, but I didn't see it for anyone else. It seems unfathomable, but I suppose it's possible that I'm literally the only one this happened to. In that case, it's pointless to debate and create a whole rule if it only affects one player.

Does anyone else have this issue with one of their guys?

[quote name='bvharris']If I'm reading this correctly, you're basically saying that because it doesn't affect you that it's a bad idea? In any case, during the season you are indeed restricted to 53 players, so anyone in this situation would have an extra guy just taking up space.

As for salary relief, it would obviously create some cap room, but if you ended up using ALL of your cap room during the season you wouldn't even be able to re-sign the guy at the end of the year if you wanted to.[/QUOTE]

No that is not what I'm saying. You were saying that you can't be the only guy that is having this problem and I just added that suggs is playing meaning that it could be possible that you are the only one having this problem unless someone else says different. The point about the cap is that since FA is wide open you would be able to make room to sign your player back to oppose to the mid season signings And trades

[quote name='bvharris']Those are fair points to raise. In Warren's case, he's in the last year of his deal and is only making around $1.1M anyway.

I actually looked through about 1/3 of the rosters last night and I couldn't find any other players in this situation. You can tell with Warren because he has the little injury symbol on his player card, but I didn't see it for anyone else. It seems unfathomable, but I suppose it's possible that I'm literally the only one this happened to. In that case, it's pointless to debate and create a whole rule if it only affects one player.

Does anyone else have this issue with one of their guys?[/QUOTE]

Is he on the injury list in the personel tab? If so you can probably add him to the IR.

If he isn't on that list and still can't play then I see no reason why everyone else, who has had their injuries forgiven, can't be courteous enough to not sign Ty Warren from free agency. Saving 1 mill in cap space isn't really an advantage. Then you can sign him back in week 17 to give yourself a shot at extending his contract like you would if this glitch didn't exist. I see no advantage for you or disadvantage for anyone else in this scenario.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']Is he on the injury list in the personel tab? If so you can probably add him to the IR.

If he isn't on that list and still can't play then I see no reason why everyone else, who has had their injuries forgiven, can't be courteous enough to not sign Ty Warren from free agency. Saving 1 mill in cap space isn't really an advantage. Then you can sign him back in week 17 to give yourself a shot at extending his contract like you would if this glitch didn't exist. I see no advantage for you or disadvantage for anyone else in this scenario.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not on the injury list. He just has that injury icon on him anyway, and then it won't put him in during the game and if you go to sub him in it gives the "this player is too injured to enter the game" message.

And yes, that's what I'm suggesting be done. It's his last year so I'd have to renegotiate with him after the year anyway, so it would be preferable not to have to carry him all year and essentially be stuck with a 52-man roster. I'd just sign him back up Week 17 and then negotiate with him as normal.

[quote name='theredworm']It wouldn't be till 11 pm that I could play I imagine we'd have advanced by then[/QUOTE]

fero is advancing us tonight, but I don't think he should wait much past 8. After all, that gives people more of a chance to get their week 4 games in tonight.

As I said earlier, you'll still get XP for a simmed game (it'll just be based on the sim stats) so missing it will really only cost you practice time.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I contacted WV Matsui last night via PM and XBL messages while he was online, during his posted availability for Tuesday nights and I didn't get a response to either. I can't play until after 10 tonight but I don't want to give up the XP that I'll potentially earn by missing the game or having it simmed[/QUOTE]

Sorry bud

Can you play this afternoon?

----

BV at what rate will we advance in the regular season?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Perfect! Much easier! :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'd never consider keeping this kind of pace for the regular season. We do like to move things along at a good clip, but 1 day would be ridiculous. :D

Speaking of which, we'll be advancing to the regular season tomorrow night, so feel free to go ahead and start setting things up with your week 1 opponent. WV, that's me in your case, so expect a PM later. ;)

Any more opinions on this trade:

[quote name='Tanabeo']Trade up for review

OAK send WR Heyward-bey 83 ovr 2 years left on his contract making 6.64M in 2012 and 7.74M in 2013

DET send TE Scheffler 77 ovr 2 years left on contract making 1.5M each year[/QUOTE]

FYI, Heyward-Bey is 25 and Scheffler is 29. Please make sure to always include the player age.

The trade committee has begun discussing the deal as well, so we'll announce the results once our vote has been taken.

[quote name='sprice8688']will u guys vote before week 4[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. We're doing it via e-mail, so it's really just up to when everyone responds. We need 4 of 6 votes to pass a trade.

[quote name='bvharris']Hopefully. We're doing it via e-mail, so it's really just up to when everyone responds. We need 4 of 6 votes to pass a trade.[/QUOTE]

and who all votes again

Matsui, I don't get off work until 10 pm so, I'll be available shortly after (around 10:15 est) assuming we haven't advanced by then.

Regarding the injured players proposal, in the case that you've presented, the guy would be a free agent after the season, so that would be more gray area than if he had a contract beyond this year (if i understand correctly).

Cutting these players (with more than one year remaining on contracts) really wouldn't be of any benefit unless you could sign another player to replace him for the season and I'd be against that approach simply because what we have presently is a more accurate reflection of the real life situation, though I understand our intention was for him to be available for you.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Regarding the injured players proposal, in the case that you've presented, the guy would be a free agent after the season, so that would be more gray area than if he had a contract beyond this year (if i understand correctly).

Cutting these players (with more than one year remaining on contracts) really wouldn't be of any benefit unless you could sign another player to replace him for the season and I'd be against that approach simply because what we have presently is a more accurate reflection of the real life situation, though I understand our intention was for him to be available for you.[/QUOTE]

I definitely don't intend to sign someone else to replace him. It would be cutting him in lieu of someone else I'd cut otherwise during preseason cuts, which is why I'm bringing it up now.

It's possible this is only really relevant for a guy like Warren since he is in the last year of his deal. And as I mentioned, it's actually possible that he is the only player in the game this is affecting (which seems weird, but this is EA).

My basic feeling is this: It's obviously a bug in the game, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. If he was showing up on the injury report as out for the season despite the fact that pre-existing injuries are off, I could just IR him, problem solved. But since he doesn't, my choices at present are either to carry him all year or cut him for nothing. Since he's my top DT, I'd rather not just lose him.

What I'm suggesting in essence simulates him being on the IR. I won't be able to use him all year, but I'll also still have the chance to negotiate with him at the end of the year like any other player whose contract is expiring. Does that make sense?

If anyone has an issue with the cap number, I'd happily self-impose his 2012 salary as a soft cap on my number, just so there's no question that I'm just doing this to try to create cap space (which would hardly be worth the effort for $1.1M, lol).

[quote name='Tanabeo']Trade up for review

OAK send WR Heyward-bey 83 ovr 2 years left on his contract making 6.64M in 2012 and 7.74M in 2013

DET send TE Scheffler 77 ovr 2 years left on contract making 1.5M each year[/QUOTE]

This trade is approved.

We no longer have the ability to put trades through, so you guys will need to offer/accept it through the game interface. Let us know if you have any issues with that.

[quote name='bvharris']This trade is approved.

We no longer have the ability to put trades through, so you guys will need to offer/accept it through the game interface. Let us know if you have any issues with that.[/QUOTE]

ill get in touch with him.... can u tell us how many votes were yes or no.... doesnt matter who voted what

[quote name='sprice8688']can u tell us how many votes were yes or no.... doesnt matter who voted what[/QUOTE]

I don't see why it really matters. If a trade passed, assume it got at least 4 votes.

I voted for it, that's all I can tell you. If the others want to disclose their votes, that's up to them individually.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't see why it really matters. If a trade passed, assume it got at least 4 votes.

I voted for it, that's all I can tell you. If the others want to disclose their votes, that's up to them individually.[/QUOTE]

well its not that it matters on who voted for what just an idea of if it barely passed.. if it flew by without a no then it gives me a decent idea of what a good trade with salary cap looks like

[quote name='bvharris']I definitely don't intend to sign someone else to replace him. It would be cutting him in lieu of someone else I'd cut otherwise during preseason cuts, which is why I'm bringing it up now.

It's possible this is only really relevant for a guy like Warren since he is in the last year of his deal. And as I mentioned, it's actually possible that he is the only player in the game this is affecting (which seems weird, but this is EA).

My basic feeling is this: It's obviously a bug in the game, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. If he was showing up on the injury report as out for the season despite the fact that pre-existing injuries are off, I could just IR him, problem solved. But since he doesn't, my choices at present are either to carry him all year or cut him for nothing. Since he's my top DT, I'd rather not just lose him.

What I'm suggesting in essence simulates him being on the IR. I won't be able to use him all year, but I'll also still have the chance to negotiate with him at the end of the year like any other player whose contract is expiring. Does that make sense?

If anyone has an issue with the cap number, I'd happily self-impose his 2012 salary as a soft cap on my number, just so there's no question that I'm just doing this to try to create cap space (which would hardly be worth the effort for $1.1M, lol).[/QUOTE]

Simulated IR for injured players in the final year of their contracts, that does make sense.

[quote name='sprice8688']if it flew by without a no then it gives me a decent idea of what a good trade with salary cap looks like[/QUOTE]

It looks basically like this. Each trade is unique, but I think it's fair to say this probably wouldn't have passed without the salary concerns.

bread's done
Back