Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

Good news for anyone who had a player injured prior to this week: Your injuries have been removed.

Something (I'm guessing transferring commish powers) resets all the injuries in the game for no reason whatsoever.

They really didn't test this thing at all...

Lol yay. My guys are back. Am i good to keep my injury reserved guys. I wasnt able to do it this morning woth overalls either. But im going to try during lunch sepending on the amount of time iget but i havent forgot

[quote name='bvharris']Good news for anyone who had a player injured prior to this week: Your injuries have been removed.

Something (I'm guessing transferring commish powers) resets all the injuries in the game for no reason whatsoever.

They really didn't test this thing at all...[/QUOTE]

Yep, I casually strolled through my Injury Report last night, and to my delight found Jason Babin was no longer out for 6 weeks!

[quote name='DVO21']Lol yay. My guys are back. Am i good to keep my injury reserved guys.[/QUOTE]

No, you obviously need to drop the guys you added. Why would you get to keep them?

[quote name='LVPatriots']Yep, I casually strolled through my Injury Report last night, and to my delight found Jason Babin was no longer out for 6 weeks![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. :roll:

[quote name='bvharris']Good news for anyone who had a player injured prior to this week: Your injuries have been removed.

They really didn't test this thing at all...[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's stupid.

[quote name='Doomtime']Wow, that is so stupid.[/QUOTE]

It might actually be worse than I thought. I checked all the injury reports at first, and the Falcons guys were still injured (I assumed it's because they were hurt in week 3, after uber transferred back the commish powers). But then I went and dropped my injury replacement for Champ and re-signed the guy I'd dropped, and when I checked again the Falcons players were no longer injured.

I can't test it out right now, but based on that it seems possible that certain (maybe even any) roster move might reset the injury report as well.

[quote name='bvharris']No, you obviously need to drop the guys you added. Why would you get to keep them?[/QUOTE]

Depth and not sure if when i cut them if they still get paid or notbut if u want me to put them back i will not a big deal at all

Alright, I did some googling. I found a post from another league owner:

The problem: Madden 13 connected careers has a glitch in which players never remain injured. Our league is affected by this glitch. So for example, you are playing a game and WR Calvin Johnson goes down with a torn ACL. After the game you notice he is out 8 weeks.....well when advance occurs, he will be back and free from injury. The glitch will occur when you start a connected career league with pre-existing injuries set to "off", which obviously we did because why would we choose otherwise. The only way this glitch does not happen is if the commish never changes any of the settings and owners never retire or recreate a coach. Unfortunately, we have already had owners retire and recreate coaches...so you will now notice that all teams are injury free at the start of every week. This glitch can not be reversed.

So according to that, just advancing can re-set injuries. Also owners retiring, changing settings, or who knows what else.

The only known fix for this glitch is to re-start the league with pre-existing injuries turned off.

[quote name='bvharris']It might actually be worse than I thought. I checked all the injury reports at first, and the Falcons guys were still injured (I assumed it's because they were hurt in week 3, after uber transferred back the commish powers). But then I went and dropped my injury replacement for Champ and re-signed the guy I'd dropped, and when I checked again the Falcons players were no longer injured.

I can't test it out right now, but based on that it seems possible that certain (maybe even any) roster move might reset the injury report as well.[/QUOTE]

Thats very odd something they really need yo fix as much as i am glad to have my guys its still bullshit

[quote name='DVO21']Depth and not sure if when i cut them if they still get paid or notbut if u want me to put them back i will not a big deal at all[/QUOTE]

Kind of minor in the face of our Much Bigger Problem, but I do want to point out that by trading Asante you kind of sacrificed your ability to have additional depth at the position. So yeah, please drop those guys and re-add the ones you dropped.

I know it's a drastic measure, but honestly I think restarting might be the most prudent/realistic option. Not having injuries on will completely change the way this league works, not for the better.

Obviously I want to hear from everyone on this though.

[quote name='Doomtime']Geez. So what's the solution here? Never worry about injuries or keep track of the injuries and bench the guys that were hurt?[/QUOTE]

The "solutions" as I see them, based on what I was reading in the thread I linked:

1. Turn off injuries altogether
2. Re-start the league with pre-existing injuries on, which should fix the bug
3. Find some other way to track injuries manually
4. Wait for a patch and hope that fixes it

I think the third option would be really cumbersome.

Edit: Added the very unrealistic Option 4.

Re-Start the league and skip pre-season. Do all the trades that were approved over again. We lose a little XP and two games, that's not a lot to lose.

It's good we caught it now instead of week 6 or something.

I'd be a proponent of leaving injuries off altogether. I understand the ideal is to simulate real football as closely as possible but what do we really lose by not being able to be injured in the video game? Everyone's team will be reset to full strength each week. Definitely not a huge deal imo.

We have pre-existing off right now. If we turn it on that will fix it, but we'll need to restart the league. Here are my opinions -

1. This is kind of where we are right now. To me it takes too much realism out of the game.
2. I would vote for this. We aren't that far into the league and I think it is the most realistic option.
3. I don't see that being an option for two reasons - A) It adds even more stuff for the commish team to do and B) I don't know that we could completely police it.
4. lol

I vote for either 1 or 2 but am leaning towards option 2 - restarting the league.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I'd be a proponent of leaving injuries off altogether. I understand the ideal is to simulate real football as closely as possible but what do we really lose by not being able to be injured in the video game? Everyone's team will be reset to full strength each week. Definitely not a huge deal imo.[/QUOTE]

That really helps the All-Star teams, as depth will no longer matter at all, The 22 best starters will always be out there.

I think we need injuries. I'll take door #2

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I'd be a proponent of leaving injuries off altogether. I understand the ideal is to simulate real football as closely as possible but what do we really lose by not being able to be injured in the video game? Everyone's team will be reset to full strength each week. Definitely not a huge deal imo.[/QUOTE]

For one, nobody would have to worry about building or maintaining any depth on their roster. You can just play your best 22 guys all game, every game.

It basically removes all realism from the game. That doesn't mean we can't do it, but it would remove any claim we have to being a sim league.

I'm in favor of manually keeping track of the injuries. It's annoying, but it would be a pain in the ass to get back to where we are now.

Plus, I'd lose the 40,000 XP I've put into Foster!!!!!!!!1

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm in favor of manually keeping track of the injuries. It's annoying, but it would be a pain in the ass to get back to where we are now.
[/QUOTE]

How do you police it though? It would be a herculean undertaking, and something we'd need to do all year.

If we re-started and simmed pre-season, we'd be back to where we are now by the end of next week.

The major downside to re-starting is that guys would be without players who do have pre-existing injuries. That includes some stars like Suggs and Brent Grimes. If we did that, I think it would be a good idea to have an extra FA period to allow people to replace those guys who need to be IR'd.

[quote name='LVPatriots']That really helps the All-Star teams, as depth will no longer matter at all, The 22 best starters will always be out there.

I think we need injuries. I'll take door #2[/QUOTE]

There aren't any "all-star" teams, imo. Guys still get tired and subs still come in and players can still be lost for the game at least.

I absolutely dread the idea of starting over.

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm in favor of manually keeping track of the injuries. It's annoying, but it would be a pain in the ass to get back to where we are now.

Plus, I'd lose the 40,000 XP I've put into Foster!!!!!!!!1[/QUOTE]

Are you volunteering?

[quote name='bvharris']How do you police it though? It would be a herculean undertaking, and something we'd need to do all year.[/QUOTE]

This. I don't know how you would even do it. Can we see injuries for other teams? I guess that would make it easier but if the glitch is as wide spread as it sounds you would miss a lot of them.

You could have teams report all injuries but that is going to be a pain to do. We just had a new member say he didn't think anyone actually used CAG :roll: How are you going to get injury info from those guys?

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
I absolutely dread the idea of starting over.[/QUOTE]

Why's that? I don't think anyone thinks it's the perfect option, but it is only week 3. We're going to be playing this game for 10 months, so something that sets us back at most a couple of weeks doesn't seem like the end of the world.

[quote name='staticz']
This. I don't know how you would even do it. Can we see injuries for other teams? I guess that would make it easier but if the glitch is as wide spread as it sounds you would miss a lot of them.
[/QUOTE]

You can see injuries for other teams, so you could make a list each week of the guys injured. But then you also need to monitor every single game to make sure they don't actually use those guys for the length of their injury. This seems to be the middle road option, but it's also the one which will require the most effort by far on the part of everyone.

Damn, is turning on Injuries and turning on Pre-Existing injuries connected. We have to do both to fix the bug? It would be a pain in the ass to lose Jason Peters.

[quote name='bvharris']Why's that? I don't think anyone thinks it's the perfect option, but it is only week 3. We're going to be playing this game for 10 months, so something that sets us back at most a couple of weeks doesn't seem like the end of the world.[/QUOTE]

Idk, its not like I have an insane amount of XP or my stats have been great. I'd just hate going back in time and playing the exact same games again and personally I don't think injuries are that big of an issue.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Damn, is turning on Injuries and turning on Pre-Existing injuries connected. We have to do both to fix the bug? It would be a pain in the ass to lose Jason Peters.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's the fix. Re-starting the league with pre-existing injuries on. Jason Peters isn't on the list, but plenty of good players are.

[quote name='Doomtime']Sure. I can keep track of them.[/QUOTE]

And you'd go through every single box score every week to make sure injured players aren't being used? Because that's what it would take.

One other problem is for guys with season-ending injuries, you might not be able to IR them and free up roster space.

[quote name='bvharris']And you'd go through every single box score every week to make sure injured players aren't being used? Because that's what it would take.

[/QUOTE]

Not a problem. I can just do that from the EA website.

I'm for restarting and that probably means I'll lose Revis...unless the league is restarted before the next roster update. Sad face.

Injuries are a pretty big part of the game and I personally enjoy reworking my team around them. It's another part of the strategy of team building. And I don't think a restart is going to kill any sort of momentum we had. I'm sure we can knock out the first 3 weeks of the season even more quickly.

If someone (Doom) wants to keep track of them manually, I guess that's not awful but not only do they need to be kept track of but also enforced. Who is to say a player won't be inserted into the lineup as a sub during the course of a game? Very tough to manage.

[quote name='Doomtime']Not a problem. I can just do that from the EA website.[/QUOTE]

No you can't. You'd need to monitor the "downs played" stat, which is only available in-game.

We'd also have to deal with issues where the CPU subbed guys in, or played them on special teams.

We'd then also need to hand out penalties for guys who broke the rule.

[quote name='bvharris']And you'd go through every single box score every week to make sure injured players aren't being used? Because that's what it would take.[/QUOTE]

Will you be handing out strikes when people get "forgetful" or make "mistakes" with injured players?

Giving people the option it's bound to happen.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Will you be handing out strikes when people get "forgetful" or make "mistakes" with injured players?

Giving people the option it's bound to happen.[/QUOTE]

We'd have no choice but to if we went with Doom's plan. You can only imagine how messy that would get.

[quote name='Doomtime']
Plus, I'd lose the 40,000 XP I've put into Foster!!!!!!!!1[/QUOTE]

I've earned a ton of XP for Demaryius Thomas and pumped every point into his injury rating, so there's going to be wasted XP either way. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']Well, I'm down to keep track.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, it's definitely an option. Just want to make sure it's clear that it might be something you have to do all year.

I guess I just don't really see the benefit of saddling ourselves with a cumbersome system like that just to save two weeks worth of games. That assumes of course that the fix suggested on the other site does work, though obviously I would test that out first.

I think we should wait for a patch. Restarting with pre-existing injuries on now would screw a team like Washington who just lost Roy Helu, Adam Carriker, and Orakpo for the season. I think Dallas just lost Barry Church for the season as well.

My proposal would be to play out this season as is hoping for a patch. If we get to the offseason with still no patch to fix it; we can restart the league before season 2 and simulate the entire first season bringing us back up to season 2 of the career. That way everyone will have their players advanced a little bit and nobody will start season 2 with anyone on the IR.

It's not the perfect solution, but I think it is a pretty fair compromise. This way people don't have to replay their first 3 games that were maybe wins, but may end up being losses after a restart. And nobody has to play through the first season missing starters that got injured for the season in the first 3 weeks.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']I think we should wait for a patch. Restarting with pre-existing injuries on now would screw a team like Washington who just lost Roy Helu, Adam Carriker, and Orakpo for the season. I think Dallas just lost Barry Church for the season as well.

My proposal would be to play out this season as is hoping for a patch. If we get to the offseason with still no patch to fix it; we can restart the league before season 2 and simulate the entire first season bringing us back up to season 2 of the career. That way everyone will have their players advanced a little bit and nobody will start season 2 with anyone on the IR.

It's not the perfect solution, but I think it is a pretty fair compromise. This way people don't have to replay their first 3 games that were maybe wins, but may end up being losses after a restart. And nobody has to play through the first season missing starters that got injured for the season in the first 3 weeks.[/QUOTE]

If we did that, we'd just start all over. Simming the first season isn't a realistic option, because it would affect the draft order, which is a huge deal.

I guess I don't see why losing a whole season worth of games would be more desirable than losing 2 weeks worth.

For the record, the current roster update only includes pre-season injuries as far as I can tell. Revis, Orakpo, etc are not on the list in this roster.

[quote name='theredworm']Between all options I'd rather restart and sim the whole preseason.[/QUOTE]

We would have to pause to let people make their own cuts, but other than that I don't see any problem with simming it. We'd always intended to sim it in subsequent years anyway.

[quote name='bvharris']We would have to pause to let people make their own cuts, but other than that I don't see any problem with simming it. We'd always intended to sim it in subsequent years anyway.[/QUOTE]

I thought people would want to play preseason in other years to try out their draft picks. But yeah let us cut and burn through preseason this year.

Alright, according to the further reading I've done these are the things which cause the glitch to activate:

• Changing ANY league setting, including sliders
  • Transferring commish powers
  • A coach retiring or a new coach being added.
This third one is obviously the largest turd in the punch bowl, since anyone leaving the league for any reason (or, presumably, being booted) will cause all injuries to reset. It's also possible there are more things which cause it, but that's what I've found.

We can easily not mess with the settings until the offseason, and while not transferring commish powers will be annoying, we can work around it.

Obviously, if we proceeded with the current league, leaving the league and re-joining to wipe an injury would be an insanely punishable offense. I can't imagine anyone would actually do that.

But the issue that will arise is if someone wants to leave the league mid-season, or needs to be booted for whatever reason, this will automatically reset all injuries.

Given the above, I now think we should press forward for a couple more weeks at least knowing what we know now. If it turns out there are even more things causing the bug, it might be something we need to revisit again and devise a more permanent solution.

Thoughts?

bread's done
Back