Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't allow us to play any games until you kickstart the league, N8...10 users have joined as of 11:37 pm est.

Play the Bears for first game of preseason, but tight schedule next week for work due to being promoted to supervisor so my schedule will be tight next week. If need be, I'll put myself on autopilot.

Sorry about the delay, guys. UFC, CAG Hockey....a lot going on tonight. Hopping into Madden now to activate the league, I guess. My only concern with doing this was any teams (CPU) taking any liberties they shouldn't. Hopefully everything will go smoothly though.

I guess I'll slso turn injuries off for the pre-season since that is the way we've done things in the past. Like I've said though, starters still need to stay out of the game when the game takes them out (which was usually after the 1st quarter). Do not abuse this.

Also, you don't have to play your pre-season games if you don't want to. I do think they're a good opportunity to get familiar with your team though. And we definitely won't be skipping them. It gives teams a chance to try out playbooks, see what their backups can do, etc.

Since we've got people joining at different times, I don't really want to rush through this first pre-season either. I don't think it needs to be a four day advance...but 2-3 for sure. We can see how it goes.

Works for me. I'll check back to see when the regular season starts. If anybody plays the 9ers in pre-season no need to send a invite I'm all set on playing any pre-season games. Probably what a week and a half till regular season? If I want practice I'll just play ranked games till then.

Also do we have to progress our players? I didn't even know that was a option but I'm good on that too. I'm Just gonna let them progress on their own. I'm not worried about if somebody's ranked higher than my guys. If your skilled it shouldn't matter.

Works for me. I'll check back to see when the regular season starts. If anybody plays the 9ers in pre-season no need to send a invite I'm all set on playing any pre-season games. Probably what a week and a half till regular season? If I want practice I'll just play ranked games till then.

Also do we have to progress our players? I didn't even know that was a option but I'm good on that too. I'm Just gonna let them progress on their own. I'm not worried about if somebody's ranked higher than my guys. If your skilled it shouldn't matter.
This is fine...and I'm going to let you demonstrate that you can handle this. But you have to understand, actually participating in the franchise is expected. If you essentially aren't interested in anything other than playing the games, you are probably going to run into a problem at some point that will need to be addressed.

There's a ton of off the field stuff in franchise mode. In addition to player development, there's the new game planning stuff, trades, free agency, scouting players for the draft, etc. You'll get a lot more out of this league if you take the time to learn about and embrace these things.

You have to understand, with your last two posts being "I don't want to play preseason" and "I don't want to do player development" starts to raise some eyebrows.

How is free agency going to work??
Just to reiterate, DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS (4th post on this page, League Announcement #2). More than likely, we'll wait until a few weeks into the regular season and do a round of draft style free agency. Yes, the CPU teams will sign free agents. I'm not sure I see a reason to really care about that.

I will say, when I activated the league last night, there was already a transaction listed saying the Packers signed Carl Nicks. Obviously, I know Matt Young didn't do this...and last I knew, Nicks was basically retired. So, I would imagine we would want Matt to release him.

That's basically what I was concerned about by activating the league before everyone had joined. It looked like Nicks only signed a 1 year deal, and I don't think any type of bonus was involved, so it shouldn't affect Matt's payroll at all...but yeah. Gotta be careful with this game. As good as it is, it's still an EA game, lol.

Nobody has the Pats right? So I'll play my first pre season game shortly.
Yup, go right ahead.

Ok. I just joined. Hopefully I did it right. So I didn't have to change any settings correct?
The only settings you have to worry about is personal preference stuff like visual aids and playcalling method. Whatever you see when you click on settings are your personal settings that you can do whatever you want with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, let's put a hard deadline for pre-season Week 1 at 9/8. For people new to my leagues, this means 9/8 is the last day to play your game. I could say 11:59 PM ET on 9/8...but as a dad of a two year old, I can't make any promises that advance will always be exactly at that time. I'm a little more consistent than I used to be, haha. And hopefully between the website and the app (whenever that comes out...it better come out...) it'll make things easier. But in general, that's what the date means.

I don't think that's the right app. I saw a Madden NFL app on the Play Store, but it mentioned nothing about CFM, and according to EA's website, the app is still "coming soon" (though, to be fair, last night the website was still telling me to "pre-order today" today, lol.

EDIT - Nevermind. Just saw the article on it from yesterday. That's weird, I tried searching for it last night while we were playing NHL and couldn't find it. And yeah...I guess EA's website is just horribly outdated, haha. :)

EDIT 2 - Downloaded the app. No wonder I couldn't find it. It's like 7th or 8th on the list when you search "Madden" because it's got a 3 star rating already, haha. It's definitely lackluster. The main page has four "icons" for MUT, CFM, the Madden Mobile app, and the Coachglass app. These are all just links that redirect you to the website/store for each thing.

And it's odd because the CFM website actually says it's the "companion app" version...so it's sort of like a mobile version. But it looks almost exactly like the regular site...just scaled down for mobile. The features are basically the same though. I mean, I guess it's a little different than if you just went to the Madden site on your phone last year...but not really...lol. You can look at your schedule, stats, spend XP, and I can advance the league from there. I see nothing about putting people on autopilot or assigning co-commissioners though.

So, as of right now, the same things that were annoying last year are probably going to be annoying again this year.

Even with a win and it being the preseason, little disappointed in my game against the Bears. Couldn't get anything going on offense with starters and our defense just let the 3rd down conversions pile up. On the plus side, I'm loving the speed of this team once again.

Got done w/ my week 1 pre-season against the Broncos. Seahawks won!!! Good game there Outlaw.

for the future... if the league finishes the week. Will the Commish advance it or still hold off till the drop date?

This is fine...and I'm going to let you demonstrate that you can handle this. But you have to understand, actually participating in the franchise is expected. If you essentially aren't interested in anything other than playing the games, you are probably going to run into a problem at some point that will need to be addressed.

There's a ton of off the field stuff in franchise mode. In addition to player development, there's the new game planning stuff, trades, free agency, scouting players for the draft, etc. You'll get a lot more out of this league if you take the time to learn about and embrace these things.

You have to understand, with your last two posts being "I don't want to play preseason" and "I don't want to do player development" starts to raise some eyebrows.

Just to reiterate, DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS (4th post on this page, League Announcement #2). More than likely, we'll wait until a few weeks into the regular season and do a round of draft style free agency. Yes, the CPU teams will sign free agents. I'm not sure I see a reason to really care about that.

I will say, when I activated the league last night, there was already a transaction listed saying the Packers signed Carl Nicks. Obviously, I know Matt Young didn't do this...and last I knew, Nicks was basically retired. So, I would imagine we would want Matt to release him.

That's basically what I was concerned about by activating the league before everyone had joined. It looked like Nicks only signed a 1 year deal, and I don't think any type of bonus was involved, so it shouldn't affect Matt's payroll at all...but yeah. Gotta be careful with this game. As good as it is, it's still an EA game, lol.

Yup, go right ahead.

The only settings you have to worry about is personal preference stuff like visual aids and playcalling method. Whatever you see when you click on settings are your personal settings that you can do whatever you want with.
If you want to boot me cuz I don't advance my players than so be it. I'm in a few other leagues I'm sorry that I don't want to waste my time making my guys overall go up by 1. I am not worried about that extra overall point. I am Sorry if that's not what the league is about didn't mean to upset. Boot me now then if you think its a problem. But I play realistic, I don't do cheesy things, I play my games on time in a sim style so I don't know what to tell you because I really do want to play in this league. I'm excited for it. Im even starting my pre-season game vs the ravens now just to show I care.

Got done w/ my week 1 pre-season against the Broncos. Seahawks won!!! Good game there Outlaw.

for the future... if the league finishes the week. Will the Commish advance it or still hold off till the drop date?
Good game. I figured just clicking that to advance just tells the commish we r ready and he still has to advance it.

Dolphins were up on the Falcons 16-0 (a safety included...) When we disconnected....after having lots of connection problems to begin with. N8, we'll both be watching football tomorrow, just sim this game;)  (yes we both had open nats) 

I'm still not sure on a coach name. This shit is keeping me awake. Most of my decent ideas won't pass the ridiculous profanity filter.

The 49ers win in week 1 but it was not a encouraging victory. The first team offense played one drive and took up almost the entire 1st Q capped off by a 15 yd TD to Stevie Johnson. After that it all went down hill.

The running game struggled. The only stand out play after the first drive was a 40 yd screen pass to the Buckeye Carlos Hyde. The D won the game for the niners, with 5 sacks and 3 turnovers. Final score 10-6.

I'm glad I played the game. It was a fun close game.

I really wonder who they let handle the ratings.  Philip Rivers is a 95 ovr same as Manning and Brady, while Luck is rated 88 ovr same as Romo.

Creed Bratton is now the coach of the Green Bay Packers!

Speaking of coaches... I'm sorry to have to be "that guy", but it's better to handle this now in the preseason. 2 users did not create coaches: Denver and Minnesota. Outlaw is using John Fox and Timbo is controlling Mike Zimmer.

Creed Bratton is now the coach of the Green Bay Packers!

Speaking of coaches... I'm sorry to have to be "that guy", but it's better to handle this now in the preseason. 2 users did not create coaches: Denver and Minnesota. Outlaw is using John Fox and Timbo is controlling Mike Zimmer.
Yeah, they will both be booted when I sign on for our game. I was going to say it's a newbie mistake, but Timbo....really? I'm not expecting you guys to read every single post in the thread. But if it has "LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT" at the top, it's probably something you need to know. Not a huge deal, since we're just in pre-season. But you guys will have to rejoin and create coaches this time.

Yeah, they will both be booted when I sign on for our game. I was going to say it's a newbie mistake, but Timbo....really? I'm not expecting you guys to read every single post in the thread. But if it has "LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT" at the top, it's probably something you need to know. Not a huge deal, since we're just in pre-season. But you guys will have to rejoin and create coaches this time.
I thought they made it so you can't rejoin if you get booted?

Unless they changed it for this year, they could still be invited.
Maybe that's how it works then.

I think you've got enough veterans to cover it, but if you need another member or an outside perspective for a trade committee, let me know. I'd join the league, but I went PS4 this gen.

my bad did not mean to do that was rough last couple days was inhospital for really bad chest infection friday night so got home did not even thing of the must make new coach.

Titans - 3

Packers - 0

Titans win a barn burner in Nashville, lol. My God...yeah...we can speed up the pace of preseason. At least both first team offenses got one drive in the first quarter, and both moved the ball a bit. But after that, it was just exercises in futility. I could hardly run the ball because my linemen would step back into the momentum of the handoff and most of the time the RB would run into them or get lit up by the defense just waltzing in.

Matt played good defense...and I feel like I did too. But it was mostly just players not being able to execute. Bad throws, bad routes, bad hands, bad blocking, bad field goal attempts even. I have no freaking idea what happened on my missed field goal at the end of the 1st half, Matt. He shanked it so bad, I had to check and make sure the game wasn't doing the thing where it swapped your punter and kicker like it did a few years ago, lol.

But yeah...I don't need to see much more out of my backups. I think playing one more preseason game at most will be good for me (at least to try different plays or something). But I mostly saw what I needed to see.

GG, Matt. I guess I'm glad we suffered through it together? :lol:

Ok, both Outlaw1986 and TimboSliceGB have been booted and re-invited. Like I said, it's not a huge deal. Just a lesson in following the thread. The crappy thing about having to boot you guys is you lost the small amount of coach XP you earned for that one game. But them's the breaks.

Also, would anybody be opposed to maybe just playing weeks 1 and 3 of the preseason and skipping weeks 2 and 4? Basically, this would mean when I advance us tomorrow night, I'll just jump us to week 3...and then after that advance, we'll be on to the regular season. Feel free to cast your vote.

Yeah, my field goal attempt ended the same way. Said I was on track, but the ball went way wide. My best guess is that you have to account for wind yourself online, whereas offline, the kicking marker moves back and forth with the wind.

I'm fine with simming weeks 2 and 4. All my remaining preseason games are CPU contests.

Went with Creed Bratton because it really looked like him with the suit and all. The filter wouldn't allow me to use my original creation, Butch Titsworth.

Come on, Nate!

wpid-skipit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back