Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I watched the Twitch stream. I can confirm, it was a great game, haha. Bears offense looked unstoppable early, but the 49ers were able to make some defensive adjustments coming out of the half...and also converted some big 3rd downs in the 4th quarter. Kaepernick had a pretty incredible run to set up the game winning TD as well.

I'm really excited about Twitch streams for the playoffs/Super Bowl this year. I think we're going to have a great time with it. :)
Other then the pick 6 to start the game and the INT to end the game I couldn't stop the bears passing attack. I thought I was going to be in big trouble. I was struggling with his zone most of the game that's why I switched to running in the 2nd half. And yes on that final drive what a run by kaepernick! I was screaming Run!!!! lol.

I may try streaming from Twitch on the X1 while I record with my Elgato. In the past streaming and recording via Elgato made for low quality Youtube videos. 

But yeah, if guys are streaming and I don't have anything going on I'll definitely tune in. I believe you can post your stream link in the thread and it will pop up right here. Of course sometimes it is fun to have a chat session going as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
After todays performance I would be willing to bet the mortgage that the Redskins are going to go 0-16.  

A pathetic, 10-3 loss to the CPU Jaguars.  

RG3 uderthrew a wide open Desean Jackson (had the DB beat by 5 yards) for turnover number 1.

RG3 fumbled at the 1 for turnover number 2

Roy Helu fumbled at the 12 while I was driving to tie the game with two minutes left for turnover number 3. 

I love Madden.  

OK - with kicking assist turned off - It caused Hauschka to miss a FG. W/O defense assist - I only was able to sack Kellen Clemens (Rivers is injured) 3 times. It was a close game in the 1st half as Chargers put up 17 un-answer points against me (Ladarius Green was a monster). I was able to rally back by beating them 28-17.

With 2 of my offensive linemen injured - I had to update my depth chart to help push the line so Christine Michael can rush for 108 yard in 15 carries. Sad that Lynch (out till week 7) was injured in week 1 from the sim game.

The Seahawks Defense also gave up too many yards in passing. I'll have to learn to shut it down or every game will be high scoring. At least Sharman has 3 INTs w/ 1 pick TD to the season. (Go ahead and keep throwing it his way so he can lead the league in INTs)

Looking forward to week 3 against the Broncos.

I contacted the Browns yesterday and he said that he's only available on Friday.

Hopefully we can find a time then.

Titans vs Cowboys at 8PM ET tonight.

I'll be streaming on Twitch as well. :)

Game starting in 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/g4mern8

2 fucking desyncs in the 3rd quarter. I wasn't specifically looking, but it wouldn't shock me if they both happened with the exact same amount of time left in the game. This game is fucking bugged man. Seeing it firsthand, that's 100% what's happening. I sent the invite for the first game. Tony sent the invite for the second game. No lag at all. Buttery smooth for both games. Just randomly drops. Fix your fucking shit, EA.

I'm really trying to not regret buying an Xbox One right now...but this is getting hard. EA UFC was mostly shit...NHL 15 is complete shit...and now this with Madden. $500 console...$60 a game...and this is the level of gaming we get. God dammit, man. This shit makes me want to set things on fire.

All the credit in the world to tony208 though. After the first game dropped, he suggested playing one half so we could get a whole game in. I guess if we consider that, then I "won" 16-0. I'm just at a complete loss for how to translate that into a functional league. I guess the suggestion would be attempt to play 4 quarters against your opponent and then whoever "wins" gets to play the CPU? I just...I can't even, EA...

I finally took the time to research these desyncs, and EA seems to just be buying themselves some time with the "turn off kicking arc", "turn off defensive graphics" stuff. Lots of people reporting that even having the same settings didn't help (pretty sure Matt Young and Methoes had that be the case).

The most recent info I could find on pastapadre's website about it was from 9/1 and said that a patch would take at least two weeks. That would take us to right now...but I'm not going to hold my breath.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/09/01/how-to-avoid-desync-errors-in-madden-nfl-15-connected-franchise-games

And here's an OS article saying it's more than what EA is saying too. Some are speculating that the camera toggle setting must also be the same. I have my camera toggle off because I don't like it on defense anyway and strategy pad is way too ingrained in me.

http://gomadden.operationsports.com/content/madden/madden-15-desync-error-fix/

2 fucking desyncs in the 3rd quarter. I wasn't specifically looking, but it wouldn't shock me if they both happened with the exact same amount of time left in the game. This game is fucking bugged man. Seeing it firsthand, that's 100% what's happening. I sent the invite for the first game. Tony sent the invite for the second game. No lag at all. Buttery smooth for both games. Just randomly drops. Fix your fucking shit, EA.

I'm really trying to not regret buying an Xbox One right now...but this is getting hard. EA UFC was mostly shit...NHL 15 is complete shit...and now this with Madden. $500 console...$60 a game...and this is the level of gaming we get. God dammit, man. This shit makes me want to set things on fire.
why blame this on the xbox one? same madden issue is going on with ps4

why blame this on the xbox one? same madden issue is going on with ps4
You read that wrong. I wasn't blaming this on Xbox One at all. I listed 3 games that were basically my reason for getting a next gen console at all (granted, they're all EA games...but for sports gaming, what am I gonna do?), and just how it's kind of been a letdown so far. The sad part is most of it revolves around multiplayer, which is something you'd think sports games would excel at. After awhile, it just starts to feel like AAA prices with indie level programming. It's frustrating.

Ok, for desyncs, until EA gets this sorted out, unfortunately, we need some kind of fallback. I had no idea how prevalent they were or that they were 100% caused by a bug in the programming that would get you almost every single time.

I hate to make this a requirement...and I would say "if you haven't been having a problem, don't worry about it"....but that doesn't really help if your opponent has been having issues with desync. In the short term, I guess it's just better to all be on the same page (and truthfully, most of these changes just put the game back to how it was last year...before all these new features that messed everything up, haha).

So, please go into the Settings menu under CFM and make sure yours look like this:

Player Names: Always

Heat Seeker: On

Ball Hawk: On

Switch Assist: On

Camera Settings: Standard

Defensive Graphics: None

Kick Aiming Arc: Off

Previous Play Information: Off

Camera Toggle: Off

I'm pretty sure this covers all of the possibilities of what could be causing it. A few of those are different from the default settings, but from reading things around the net, just having them the same SHOULD be good enough. This seems to be a very "no promises" (EA's new slogan, lol) kind of fix...just basically lowering the chances of a desync occurring.

It's also very much a "broad brush" fix because no one seems to be sure which setting or combination of settings is causing the issue. But at least if we have all of these the same, we stand the best chance of not wanting punch a hole in the wall, lol.

So, again...everyone please make sure you have your settings set to this. And for anybody who has a league game coming up in the next few days, please send your opponent a message and make sure they've changed their settings. The game you save could be your own, lol.

so is this issue only going on with online cfm?
I believe so. And from what I gathered, this issue sprung up from another issue. I think there was a bug where online franchise games weren't counting after being completed. So, they fixed that, and caused the desync issue somehow.

It also apparently did affect online ranked at some point, but they were able to fix that relatively easily. I might not be 100% right on details of that, but that the gist of what I gathered reading around pastapadre.com, OS, etc. Allegedly, this will all be fixed whenever the first official game patch is released. Just a matter of how long it takes to release that with some of the other stuff that needs fixing as well.

fuck now I'm nervous that this desync bullcrap is gonna happen on my league game today lol.
Haha, I know, right. If you want the best shot at completing the game, just make sure both of you change those settings so they match. I have no idea why it hits some people and not others. Trying to make sense of it, I think maybe it's just certain ISPs...or certain brands of modems...or maybe it's just time of day and EA server load. Or maybe just the people who haven't had it yet inadvertently had the same settings and just got lucky.

I feel like I could drive myself nuts trying to rationalize "EA logic" though, lol. It's just infuriating when it happens. Maybe it's just me but I get attached to the thing that happen in a game...like if a guy has 2 sacks or a punt return for a TD. And then the game desyncs, and it's like "nope...none of that happened".

Hopefully getting serious about those settings will allow us to get through games until EA fixes it though. Otherwise, yeah...it's going to get ugly in here.

Me and Dark tower just completed our game with no problem. He's a pretty good Madden player. Down by 10 at half, he came back and outscored me 17-0 in 2nd half. Was impressed with my defense tho, let the big plays happen but held Andrew luck down for the most part.

Just had reversal of the real life Colts-Eagles game.  Eagles were up 17-7 at half after a pick 6 late and a FG as time expired.  Colts got a FG in the third to cut it to 7 and recovered a fumble and scored early in the 4th to tie it up.  Eagles drove right down into long field goal territory but just missed.  Got the Colts down inside the 30 and ended up breaking a 26 yard TD run with Richardson as I was trying to kill the clock for the FG.

GG Philthy Bird.  Could have gone either way with all the dropped picks on both sides.

Well, that's good to hear. I assume both of you changed your settings?

I almost want to keep a running tally of this so we can attempt to measure how much it helps and what the odds are of getting a desync anyway. Probably too scientific for Madden, but it might make me feel like I'm actually in control, haha. :lol:

Have room for one more? Just got an xbox one so trying to put it to good use. Dont have the game yet but ill probably head out and get it tonight. Prefer the Raiders since they're my favorite team but will settle with another team if I have to.

Have room for one more? Just got an xbox one so trying to put it to good use. Dont have the game yet but ill probably head out and get it tonight. Prefer the Raiders since they're my favorite team but will settle with another team if I have to.
You taking the Raiders would work perfectly. The AFC West is currently empty, and NFC teams outnumber AFC teams by a pretty solid amount right now. Just post your info (XBL gamertag, time zone, general availability), and let me know when you get the game and have signed onto the EA servers. It won't let me send an invite before you do that. Welcome!

Well, that's good to hear. I assume both of you changed your settings?

I almost want to keep a running tally of this so we can attempt to measure how much it helps and what the odds are of getting a desync anyway. Probably too scientific for Madden, but it might make me feel like I'm actually in control, haha. :lol:
Haha yep we both changed settings!

I am now streaming! Come and watch! The game will start in about ten minutes. I am running through the gauntlet right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/threedeafmice

Bucs win their game against the CPU Rams 12-10 with a last second FG. Not a great start, but at least I have a better record than the real life Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

The thing is...we also have to distinguish between desyncs and disconnects. From what I've experienced and read...in addition to the actual desync message, the game is generally smooth...and then just drops out of nowhere. If you guys are getting lag and a different message other then "a desync has occurred", it could just be a regular old disconnect.

We've analyzed jweathers side of it a decent bit, but Dark Rider, how much have you played online? I know in Week 1 you had a CPU game, but did you play any human opponents during the preseason? Have you played much online ranked? What have the connections been like there?

Just trying to pinpoint this issue as best we can. It would suck to have people drop and then continue having the same problems anyway.

It was laggy but got desync messages both games
Damn...guess that means we're 1-2 in settings change success. Sometimes, I wish companies actually had to be responsible for this kind of stuff. Could you imagine if you could just return the game like you could any other "non-media" purchase if it was broken and didn't work properly? EA would get their shit together so fast if that were the case.

will be playing my first head to head tommow hope it works. i said this before but if this stuff keeps going on i see no other option then putting league on hold until this garbage is fixed. i think it's un fair to have games sim when we can't control the problem

will be playing my first head to head tommow hope it works. i said this before but if this stuff keeps going on i see no other option then putting league on hold until this garbage is fixed. i think it's un fair to have games sim when we can't control the problem
I agree. It's not fair. But from a realistic standpoint, how many people are going to come back after a 2-4 week hiatus? You know how people get when "fall games" roll around. I don't even know what to suggest. It's basically a choice between two shitty scenarios. Either way, we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back