Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the ISP or internet speed. I've played 30+ ranked games, 15+ league games vs humans this year and I haven't had any problems. I'm in 2 other leagues and other then the occasional disconnect nobody has been having problems in my other leagues. I know this is a documented problem but it makes me wonder.

The thing is...we also have to distinguish between desyncs and disconnects. From what I've experienced and read...in addition to the actual desync message, the game is generally smooth...and then just drops out of nowhere. If you guys are getting lag and a different message other then "a desync has occurred", it could just be a regular old disconnect.

We've analyzed jweathers side of it a decent bit, but Dark Rider, how much have you played online? I know in Week 1 you had a CPU game, but did you play any human opponents during the preseason? Have you played much online ranked? What have the connections been like there?

Just trying to pinpoint this issue as best we can. It would suck to have people drop and then continue having the same problems anyway.
The first game was a disconnect and the second and third were desyncs. I have had absolutely no problems with my internet in any other games that I can remember. I have played around ten games in head to head and years worth in these Madden leagues. I have also had no problem playing Titanfall, Destiny, etc. I have around a 20mps up and 2mps down connection. While not amazing, it should be good enough to play Madden. Also, I opened my NAT on the Xbox One a few weeks ago, so it is not that.

Arizona Cardinals (1-1) v NYG (0-2)  F: 21-3

Played the Cards this morning, CPU. I started the game well. Drove all the way down field, eating up a ton of clock, before my receivers had a case of the dropsies. So, I had to settle for 3. The Cards came back strong but thankfully I was able to force a fumble (strip sack) around my 20 yard line. The next play I saw the defense was playing Cover 1, after hiking the ball the safety shited over to Randle leaving Cruz one on one with Peterson. Cruz had a step on him so I decided to bomb it, bad decision as Eli promptly underthrew him leading to an INT. Arizona took advantage of this mistake came back and scored a TD. I tried to get a score before the half but Eli failed to hit a wide open Randle for a first down and potential big play. So I was forced to punt. AZ ran the clock out 7-3 halftime.

The Cards started the second half with the ball and Palmer proved too much for my defense as he completed passes left and right regardless of coverage. He hit Floyd, in double coverage, for a touchdown.  My offense sputter at the 30 yard line and I ended up punting (terrible punt). AZ promptly came back and got another TD. At this point I was able to drive all the way downfield prior to being stopped at the one yard line 3 times including 4th down. The Cards ran the clock out from there as I was handed my second defeat of the season. I get the feeling it will be a long season for me. 

This is interesting. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the ISP or internet speed. I've played 30+ ranked games, 15+ league games vs humans this year and I haven't had any problems. I'm in 2 other leagues and other then the occasional disconnect nobody has been having problems in my other leagues. I know this is a documented problem but it makes me wonder.
It's not that. Ea already said it is knowing issue and it's in process of being fixed on ea support twitter

It's not that. Ea already said it is knowing issue and it's in process of being fixed on ea support twitter
I think he's just trying to speculate why it's affecting certain people but not others. It's weird because it feels random, but at the same time very consistent. Like if it does happen to you, it's going to happen to you every time. But then there are other people it doesn't happen to at all. And when you take those same people who get the desyncs and put them in online ranked games, and they have no problems at all (for example...I've played 18 online ranked games and 1 MUT season game and have had 0 lag/disconnects).

So, by all appearrances, there's something in CFM that the game is reading (possibly in my connection) and just immediately dropping. Whatever it is, they did a pretty horrible job implementing that piece of code, considering all the lag filled games Madden would let you suffer through in the past. But yet, in my perfectly smooth, sailing along game, it just drops out of nowhere.

Anybody who wants to go down the rabbit hole with it, just Google "Madden 15 desync". You'll find tons of posts about it.

#thedesyncisreal

:lol:

I have Verizon Fios, and speedtest.net says my connection is faster than 94% of North America, yet still suffered 6 disconnects. Played the same week 1 game in my other league and had no problems. Never had any lag or drops outside of the multiple attempts at that one game. No user is at fault, nor is their connection.

So, apparently once you get up near the top of the Madden ranks, the thing to do is get kicked for griefing rather than take a legitimate loss. I'm in the top 5% now...and was beating this guy 41-8. After choosing a squib kick and quick kicking so I couldn't audible out of my onside formation (and I was damn fast with the audible too, lol..he must have been jerking off his damn controller)...he beats my guys down the field and recovers the ball (same old glitch...thanks, EA).

So, I intercept him for the 6th time in the game with about 2 minutes left. I run the ball a few times...he burns his timeouts. But then when I come out to kneel it, he just starts running offside and into my players. This happened in my last game too...and I tried declining the penalties. This time, I tried accepting them.

Either way, the guy gets kicked for excessive griefing, and only loses 10 rank points...with you only gaining 10. I even got an awesome message from the guy laughing because I only got 10 points for the game. Sure would be nice if EA could figure out how to stop these idiots.

So, what are we up to...2/3 so far this week? I think I would settle for a 75% success rate at this point. Just one more, haha. As long as we don't have people who desync 100% of the time. That would really suck for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengals Send

3rd Round Pick

for

Buccaneers Send

Jeff Demps
HB
24 Years old
61 Overall
SPD 98
STR 37
AGI 95
ACC 98
AWR 36
ELU 84
CAR 67
TRK 55

Contract:
3 year deal 1.5 Million. Only 1 year left worth 500K. 2014 500K. No signing bonus.

The Bucs are trying to increase their draft picks and Bengals want a really fast running back. Jeff Demps is solid on the speed front although there is almost no way he could be an every down back immediately due to a low injury and stamina rating.
Trade Approved

vikings fall to 1-1 with 28-21 loss. man oh man vikings def is so bad while offense is pretty good. was down 28-7 at half and tossed a pick driving for tieing td.

Panthers vs Lions is happening sometime later tonight. I know we're pushing the deadline but I wanted to wait and play Deuce over the CPU and Comcast (I think) is supposed to be out today. 

I assume we'll be advancing around midnight?

Panthers vs Lions is happening sometime later tonight. I know we're pushing the deadline but I wanted to wait and play Deuce over the CPU and Comcast (I think) is supposed to be out today.

I assume we'll be advancing around midnight?
Hopefully he gets that taken care of and can get online in Madden because I haven't even been able to send him an invite yet. I just tried again yesterday to make sure I wasn't holding anything up...but it still said he hadn't connected his game.

I've got a decently busy day today and tonight is CAG Hockey Night...but yeah, I'll try to remember to advance us from the website around midnight ET.

I need league invite

Hopefully he gets that taken care of and can get online in Madden because I haven't even been able to send him an invite yet. I just tried again yesterday to make sure I wasn't holding anything up...but it still said he hadn't connected his game.

I've got a decently busy day today and tonight is CAG Hockey Night...but yeah, I'll try to remember to advance us from the website around midnight ET.
See this. I'm not home right now. I'll try to get it done in the next few hours...but you guys really gave me a limited window here. I can't remember if I set a league password or not, but if I did, it would be the same as the league abbreviation. Try searching for CAGLS.

Just in case anybody is planning to play their Week 3 game right at midnight or something, with all this stuff going on, I would wager that a later advance is highly possible.

Good game LV. Got really lucky with the interceptions. You were really moving the ball methodically, without the picks it's obviously a whole new game.

Did bengals falcons get simmed ?
Games don't get simmed until we advance.

Huzzah. Glad that actually worked (though, sending invites from the website/companion app would be a beautiful thing too, EA). I just got home now after wrangling a defiant 2 year old through a pizza place and grocery store. For those of you who don't have kids...people aren't joking when they say after you have a child everything takes twice as long. You may think it gets better as the kid gets older. It does not. The reason for taking so long just changes.

But more importantly, no desync! WooHoo!
Awesome...there's our 3/4. Hopefully it won't just be the same people desyncing every time.

Gave that game away but GG staticz... Once I get my Madden legs under me, I'll be hard to beat
I could tell you weren't your normal self. GG though, highlights in a few!

Lions move to 2-0 with a win in Carolina.

[media]http://youtu.be/Qk9fDxBSil8[/media]

At one point Stafford was 8-10 with the 2 incompletions being INTs. Was a GG but Deuce was definitely rusty, any other day and the mistakes I made would've cost me the game.

I am still shaking from the CPU game I just had lol. The 49ers win in OT with only :11 seconds left 3-0.

This game was a defensive battle. Nobody could do anything. Palmer got hurt in the 3rd. Twice I was in the redzone and threw picks. Karpernick had 4 INTs!

So I had to punt to the cardinals with only 40 seconds left in OT and I have no TOs left. On 3rd down I pick them off at my 30. With 30 seconds left on 1st down just chuck it up deep to Crabtree who had a 1 on 1 with the safety and he made a amazing catch while getting hit. I hit a 36 yd FG with 11 seconds to go!

Damn that was a brutal game. I thought I was going to get a tie.

Good highlights from Panthers vs. Lions game. Thanks for putting it up there.

Also who has the team Broncos? I'm playing GamerTag "Outlaw". Not sure what his CAG name is so I can't PM him to set up a time to play. (The front page is not updated)

I'll also Twitch the game too when I'm playing him.

Sry, but Jones Jerry will retire as HC of the Cowboys after only 3 weeks in.

I don't know how to say it other than the game is just not fun anymore and leagues were the only thing keeping me from trading it in and I guess it wasn't enough.

Good highlights from Panthers vs. Lions game. Thanks for putting it up there.

Also who has the team Broncos? I'm playing GamerTag "Outlaw". Not sure what his CAG name is so I can't PM him to set up a time to play. (The front page is not updated)

I'll also Twitch the game too when I'm playing him.
Yeah, sorry. He dropped out last week and I just forgot to boot him from franchise. I'll try to get that taken care of sometime this evening (this was another feature that would have been great for the companion app...but sadly, they didn't put a whole lot of thought into it).

Sry, but Jones Jerry will retire as HC of the Cowboys after only 3 weeks in.

I don't know how to say it other than the game is just not fun anymore and leagues were the only thing keeping me from trading it in and I guess it wasn't enough.
Sorry to see you go. I do think you might be jumping the gun a bit, since 4/5 games were completed successfully after the new desync policy was put in place. That could be a coincidence, sure. But it's not like doing a league is completely dead in the water.

As for it being the only thing keeping you from trading the game in, that sucks. Not trying to call you out or anything, because I've seen others around the internet say similar things...but I just don't understand that mentality. If the game was a complete stinker and the gameplay was terrible, I could see it.

But who pays $60 for a game and then trades it in within a month? If I felt that way, I'd probably never trust myself to buy Madden again. That's like what...$20 for a one month rental? How good would the game need to be to keep your interest? Like I said, I don't mean to single you out. I just can't wrap my head around it.

There's just other things besides Madden that is making this a down year for football for me. I can't turn on a sports channel without hearing about another domestic violence or child abuse case. Even playing fantasy this year isn't as fun when all the big names in your league are injured.

Guess I'll be removing him from my friends list.

I also don't understand people trading in their games too unless they get more than what they paid for. Spending $60 and trading\selling it for $30 is not worth it. You are losing money. I keep every game I ever buy just because I don't like the idea of losing $$$.

As for fantasy football - If don't know how to draft for depth or look at the schedule for players that might be sitting out during the playoff weeks (14, 15, 16, 17). Than you are just playing fantasy for fun. Football season is where I make my $$$ with fantasy and sports beating. Injuries are part of football - it happens.

Good game Redskins. It was one heck of a game. I couldn't get anything going all game. Alfred Morris was destrpying my defense, skin's secondary and line shut down my whole offense. It came down to overtime and I got the ball first. On a 3rd and 13, I tried a hb screen to McCoy. With good blocks and his speed, it was a 80 yd pass for the win.

I called a man to man blitz on that play.  Still should have made the play at the catch, just a spilt second lag when I changed to that guy was all McCoy needed.  

Yeah the servers seemed all screwed up tonight. Did a speed test and my connection was fine and Nat was open. Really laggy at start then sorted itself out as the game went along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back