Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to tanabeo on his Super Bowl win and turning his team around after he got off to a rough start (wasn't it like 1-3 or something?)

For anyone wondering, we're down to 16 people in the league...and I've only received preferred draft time PM's from 8 of them. I guess there's not a huge rush, but hopefully as we get closer, more people will send in their availability.

I was 4-5 and I threw like 22 INTs  and 4 TDs in those games and almost started tanking for the draft 

I wish I could have streamed the game. I'm thinking about buying a elgato or hauppauge anybody here use either one of these before?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 4-5 and I threw like 22 INTs and 4 TDs in those games and almost started tanking for the draft

I wish I could have streamed the game. I'm thinking about buying a elgato or hauppauge anybody here use either one of these before?
I have the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro and it's not bad. Its a less expensive alternative for making YouTube videos and stuff.

I'm excited for another season!

So are we now looking at a schedule like this?

Super Bowl - 12/3
Re-Sign Players - 12/4
Free Agency #1 - 12/5
Free Agency #2 - 12/6
Free Agency #3 - 12/7
Final Scouting - 12/8

I was 4-5 and I threw like 22 INTs and 4 TDs in those games and almost started tanking for the draft

I have an Elgato and they are well worth the money. Any of the streaming or Youtube vids you've seen from me have come via a Game Capture HD. They have the newer one out (HD60) that streams at 1080p 60fps, but I can't justify the upgrade right now.

Great job, Tanabeo!

Twitch streaming has worked like shit on Xbox One compared to PS4 streaming in my experience. Xbox Live actually forced me to open up certain privacy settings just to be able to broadcast.

Great job, Tanabeo!

Twitch streaming has worked like shit on Xbox One compared to PS4 streaming in my experience. Xbox Live actually forced me to open up certain privacy settings just to be able to broadcast.
Yeah I've had the same experience. I think having an external card is still the better way to go.

Also, congrats Tanabeo - I remember when you wanted to dump the Texans because the sucked :D

Yeah I've had the same experience. I think having an external card is still the better way to go.

Also, congrats Tanabeo - I remember when you wanted to dump the Texans because the sucked :D
Yea and main reason was because I thought the Defense sucked and somehow I had the #1 by the end of the year

Also I just ordered a HD60 hopefully it will work go for streaming on my connection if not I will just have to upload youtube videos

Yeah, I'll advance us right now, and we can let it run through tomorrow night. That'll put us a day ahead, but I guess if we need to extend a day for a step or something, we could do that too.

But as of right now, you have until 11:59PM ET on 12/5 to re-sign players.

Okay, thank you. And for the record, I haven't forgotten your draft time message. Just wasn't immediately certain on my availability for a couple of the dates.

Deuce, I saw your PM, but I can't think of anything I'd want offhand. If you have anything in particular in mind, I will listen.

Lol, the CPU Rams used the franchise tag on their punter.  The other player getting tagged were like AJ Green, Dez Bryant and the Rams tagged Johnny Hekker.  Who did this while in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud2DPXoMSVk

Um...is this Madden "Player Likeness" update new or have I just not turned the game on in a long time? lol

EDIT - Ya know what? fuck my team, lol. These assholes never accept what they're "asking for" anyway. And most of them suck. I'm letting 15 guys walk. 3 guys rejected offers and the rest I'm not bothering with. Only one who accepted my offer was my 76 OVR punter, haha.

House cleaning time and lots of cap space. :)

Um...is this Madden "Player Likeness" update new or have I just not turned the game on in a long time? lol

EDIT - Ya know what? fuck my team, lol. These assholes never accept what they're "asking for" anyway. And most of them suck. I'm letting 15 guys walk. 3 guys rejected offers and the rest I'm not bothering with. Only one who accepted my offer was my 76 OVR punter, haha.

House cleaning time and lots of cap space. :)
Yeah I love these 71-rated backup corners who keep demanding more money. Uhhh bye now.

Ok, guys. We have advanced to the first week of open free agency. As a reminder, the free agency rules are as follows:

You may offer a contract to any player you'd like but...

A) You may not go over the number of years that they're asking for. You can offer less years if you want.

B) You may offer more money than what they are seeking, but may not offer higher than $10 million above their desired contract.

I was rejected in my attempts to re-sign Jarrett Boykin, B.J. Raji, and Davon House despite offering each player more than what he asked for. Not even a chance to make a better offer, and they were all over $10 million to franchise despite their ratings only ranging from the mid-high 70's. They can all kiss my virtual ass!

Am I crazy or can you not see the ratings still of free agents in game? Seems like the only way is to log into the website and search for the player you are looking for.

Well Shit, i've been out of town and didn't get a chance to do resignings. Alas..let's login and see how bad this dolphins team is. 

Lost my Starting HB, Starting TE, Starting RG, Starting DT, Starting FS.

This will be a fun Offseason!

I'm only upset about the TE. YOU VULTURES! 

That is the only way
I would wager that's unintentional too. It makes no sense for the website to be useless for everything else, but be the thing you HAVE to use during free agency. I'm sure EA's intent was for ratings to not be available during free agency.

Well Shit, i've been out of town and didn't get a chance to do resignings. Alas..let's login and see how bad this dolphins team is.

Lost my Starting HB, Starting TE, Starting RG, Starting DT, Starting FS.

This will be a fun Offseason!

I'm only upset about the TE. YOU VULTURES!
If it makes you feel any better, you probably would have had to overpay a ridiculous amount to keep those guys anyway. I was here the entire time and only re-signed one player, lol.

I still love the joke of "I am seeking a 4 year contract for $12M and a $1M bonus. What's this? A 4 year contract for $12.5M and a $1.5M bonus? fuck you! How dare you insult me with this offer! I'm done negotiating!"

If anyone's looking for a great HB, I'm looking to deal Matt Forte. Looking for a high draft pick and possibly a Tight End, an O-Linemen, or a Linebacker. I'm open to all offers.

With last season's success in developing Jay Cutler and the passing game, he just doesn't fit what I'm trying to do with my offense.

Man, it's crazy looking at how much cap space some teams have. The Cardinals, Raiders, Jets, Jaguars, and Falcons all have like $70M+ to spend. We might all be losing to the CPU this next season, lol. :lol:

I barely have any cap space even after those 3 players turned me down. On top of that, I let probably a half dozen guys walk without offering them contracts due to the cost being too prohibitive. Currently, I have no backup quarterback behind the "Innovator of Interceptions", (virtual) Aaron Rodgers.

I barely have any cap space even after those 3 players turned me down. On top of that, I let probably a half dozen guys walk without offering them contracts due to the cost being too prohibitive. Currently, I have no backup quarterback behind the "Innovator of Interceptions", (virtual) Aaron Rodgers.
Sounds like you need to crunch some numbers and balance that checkbook. ;)

EDIT - Actually...if you're only down 9 players, that's not that bad. Assuming you have all your draft picks, that will give you 7 right there...and the rookie reserve is automatically withheld, so you don't have to account for their salary. So, you might only need 2 more guys to get you back up to 53. That's doable.

Manziel is mine as well. Hoyer wanted way too much to be a backup.

Last chance for LOLB Paul Kruger or the 10th overall pick before I sit down and try and figure out a deal with one of the computer teams.

how much longer do we have in this free agent offer period? i'm attempting to do my bids now..but not having stats is..frustrating...having to go back and forth to website, lol.

Midnight Eastern, I think, for day 1 of free agency.

I'm down to 43 players, actually. Not a big deal right now. I've made offers to 2 free agents so far. With 1 exception, the players who I lost or to whom declined to tender an offer were not atop the depth chart at their respective positions.

Late night, but we've moved on to Free Agency #2. Some players signed. Some players retired. Things happened.

We'll be advancing again tonight (12/7 at 11:59PM ET).

Although there are several times to choose from, none work too well for me. I'm going to abstain from voting, but will do my best to make the draft!

Praise God and Satan's unnamed, completely neutral counterpart! B.J. Raji signed for less money than the offer he rejected during re-signing. Better still, Julius Peppers- who I couldn't release without incurring $10m in cap penalties- retired. That frees up $13 million of cap room!

Ok, guys. We have advanced to Free Agency #3. As usual, a lot of the big names are holding out until this last week...which will leave lots of teams scrambling to fill spots if they miss out.

Hopefully nothing too catastrophic happens with teams being short on players after the draft, but if need be, we can do a round or two of free agency during the pre-season (just to protect any big names who don't sign), and then open free agency up after that to make sure everyone gets up to 53 players.

As for the draft itself, all but a couple people have submitted their available times. I'll try to crunch the numbers in the next 24 hours and see if we have an overwhelming majority or anything (where those last few votes wouldn't matter anyway). Stay tuned on that.

And we will be advancing again on 12/8 @ 11:59PM ET.

Picked the wrong time to have the flu and not log on! I'll try to make some moves today. The Redskins are in still, but do the draft whenever. If I can make it great, if not the cpu can pick guys as shitty as I can.

Malcolm Smith and KJ Wright left the Seahawks and joined Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly in Carolina to form the most dangerous front 7 in football...

Picked the wrong time to have the flu and not log on! I'll try to make some moves today. The Redskins are in still, but do the draft whenever. If I can make it great, if not the cpu can pick guys as shitty as I can.
Yeah, the flu is the worst, man. Sorry you missed some stuff. You must have been away for a good bit though since the basic outline for the offseason was posted on 12/1 and I've been trying to keep the title of the thread updated with the current status. I'm doing my best here, lol. :)

I've also been trying to get myself back into Madden by actually playing Ultimate Team again. I didn't think it would be possible to employ some of the things I've learned from NHL 15 in Madden, but upon closer look, you can do some decent things with a small amount of coins.

My team hadn't been touched since September...so I still had guys in the 60s as starters. But I had 4,000 coins to spend, so I went to the auction house and was able to get some high 70s/low 80s players for under 1,000 coins each.

It doesn't really help with completing collections (which is still my favorite part about any Ultimate Team mode...sucks that EA has made it either too hard or not worth it lately), but it basically means that each solo challenge I play, I can easily upgrade one position on my team. After buying some players and doing two solo challenges, I raised my team overall from a 74 to a 78.

Before, I really had only been playing online ranked as the Titans. But with each roster update, the team got worse and worse. and I couldn't even compete. I don't really have much of a desire to play as any other team. At least with MUT I can put my own team together, I guess. Outside of the league, that's probably my only chance for continuing to play this game at this point. And I definitely need the practice.

Nate, I probably have some players that would be more useful to you than me that don't go into a collection but are high to mid 70s. If you want them they are yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back