Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first first-rounder, a LT, wound up an 82 overall, while my second first-rounder, despite being only 73 overall, looks like he's gonna be good, with mid-80's ratings in Catch, Catch in Traffic and Spectacular Catch and 92 Jumping. And the fullback i grabbed in the sixth is rated in the 80's as well. Feeling ok with this draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I totally freaking fanned on my first round pick. I think I just had too many needs with my team and scouted too many positions generally. This is the first draft I've ever done where I actually wasn't flying blind in the 7th round.

Despite being a 74 OVR and being a projected top 25 pick, Sturdivant freaking sucks. As a ROLB, he has 72 speed. The damn RE I drafted in the 3rd round (Dunn) has better speed than that. Dunn ended up being a great grab though at a 76 OVR, and just a beast on the d-line.

I also drafted 2 CBs. Peniel Dunbar...and then just a throwaway pick in the 6th round on Mason McGhee. Dunbar was stated as having A MCV and B ZCV...McGhee was B MCV, didn't have ZCV scouted...but B PRS. McGhee had higher numbers in all categories. I guess it could be a scheme thing. Maybe I'll screw around with it, but that was weird.

And yeah, Brandon, you grabing Jabbar Gore with your last pick...I was debating on him or the FB I needed to round out my roster. Gore's CIT intrigued me, but his production was so damn low, I kept holding out. So he's decent then huh?

As long as there are no major objections, I was thinking of not advancing us again until tomorrow night. I saw in the action list, there's an option called "Roster Adjustment" which says "This is the only opportunity to change a player's position for the upcoming season." I know I'm considering that with a few of my LBs.

I also need to hash out the groupings for a few draft style free agency rounds. I know personally, I'm at 50 players, so I need a few to fill up my roster. I figure I can get those groups figured out by tomorrow night too.

And finally, it would probably help the people who weren't able to make the draft since they haven't even had a chance to look at their rosters yet. Just give everybody a chance to settle in before we embark on the pre-season. Everybody cool with that?

Sounds good to me.

I got a 6'7 Pass Rusher RE out of UCLA for my first rounder. I moved him to ROLB and he's a 72 so Im hoping for a big season.

Hopefully he will be across from Junior Gallette (13 sacks last season), but Gallette has disapeeered in my depth chart, I can only see him in rosters. I hope he's not holding out cause I have zero dollars.

Yeah, I totally freaking fanned on my first round pick. I think I just had too many needs with my team and scouted too many positions generally. This is the first draft I've ever done where I actually wasn't flying blind in the 7th round.

Despite being a 74 OVR and being a projected top 25 pick, Sturdivant freaking sucks. As a ROLB, he has 72 speed. The damn RE I drafted in the 3rd round (Dunn) has better speed than that. Dunn ended up being a great grab though at a 76 OVR, and just a beast on the d-line.

I also drafted 2 CBs. Peniel Dunbar...and then just a throwaway pick in the 6th round on Mason McGhee. Dunbar was stated as having A MCV and B ZCV...McGhee was B MCV, didn't have ZCV scouted...but B PRS. McGhee had higher numbers in all categories. I guess it could be a scheme thing. Maybe I'll screw around with it, but that was weird.

And yeah, Brandon, you grabing Jabbar Gore with your last pick...I was debating on him or the FB I needed to round out my roster. Gore's CIT intrigued me, but his production was so damn low, I kept holding out. So he's decent then huh?
How is the QB you grabbed? I was hoping to nab him in the 4th to back up Manziel.

He is ok. 70 OVR, nothing amazing but then again nothing from my draft was.
Ah, well, I drafted a receiver in the 5th round who seemed like had good attributes, and he's a 71 OVR. 75 CTH, 77 CIT, 85 RLS, but only 84 SPD.

My QB I took in the 2nd round does seem to be a bit ahead of Mettenberger in all areas though even after pumping basically all of my training into Mett the entire 2nd half of the season. They're both 75 OVR...but 84 SAC for the rookie might give him the starting job.

How is the QB you grabbed? I was hoping to nab him in the 4th to back up Manziel.

Sounds good to me.

I got a 6'7 Pass Rusher RE out of UCLA for my first rounder. I moved him to ROLB and he's a 72 so Im hoping for a big season.

Hopefully he will be across from Junior Gallette (13 sacks last season), but Gallette has disapeeered in my depth chart, I can only see him in rosters. I hope he's not holding out cause I have zero dollars.
He maybe hurt I had a WR that was the same way but I could see him in the injury reports

Just looked and thats where he is has 5 more weeks so you should have him for preseason

He maybe hurt I had a WR that was the same way but I could see him in the injury reports

Just looked and thats where he is has 5 more weeks so you should have him for preseason

Oh sweet! Thanks
I cpued my week 17 game so I missed that.

See you week 1.

Thanks for trying to add me. I use that name for other sites, etc and gave you the wrong spelling. It's hi FUNKsionING. With a space. Sorry for the confusion!

Btw, I posted this earlier, but it didn't show, so it may show as a double post.

Had a decent draft haul considering I didn't scout a single player... Need to find a WR and maybe a RB to complete this team

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to delay my joining for another 2 weeks. I'm living at my parents house while I'm lending my apartment to a friend for a week (with my Xbox one) and then a week long vacation the following week. But I'm still interested in taking the Rams when I get back on the 27th.

Thanks for trying to add me. I use that name for other sites, etc and gave you the wrong spelling. It's hi FUNKsionING. With a space. Sorry for the confusion!

Btw, I posted this earlier, but it didn't show, so it may show as a double post.
Somehow, the other one showed up in the Xbox One general discussion thread.

Are we allowed to sign anybody? I finally got a chance to check my team and I did lose a lot of players. I only have 1 QB and no Kicker at all.

Ah, so that's what it was. I'll send you an invite sometime today.

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to delay my joining for another 2 weeks. I'm living at my parents house while I'm lending my apartment to a friend for a week (with my Xbox one) and then a week long vacation the following week. But I'm still interested in taking the Rams when I get back on the 27th.
No problem. You've got an invite waiting for you when you're ready. I'll actually be gone from 12/23 - 12/30 myself.

Are we allowed to sign anybody? I finally got a chance to check my team and I did lose a lot of players. I only have 1 QB and no Kicker at all.
No. DO NOT sign any free agents. It's been talked about a few times already, but we're going to do a few rounds of draft style free agency to make sure one person doesn't just go in and scoop up all the good free agents that are left. I'll be posting the groups later today.

Also, here's what I'm thinking for this pre-season/holiday scheduling, guys. If everybody is cool with it, I'd like to do a 2 day advance for pre-season. The games are important to test your new players...but considering 3/4 of the game is played by backups, they do get pretty agonizing. 

Then, for the first week of the regular season, I'd like to do a 5 day advance to accommodate for Christmas. It would also be a huge help to me as it would mean I'd only miss one game and would be home for any Week 2 auto-piloting that may need to be done. Week 1 people would have to fend for themselves though.

If anybody thinks doing a 5 day advance for Week 2 to account for New Year's is necessary, we could do that too. Otherwise, we'd be back to a normal 4 day advance the rest of the way.

(these dates/times are when we advance to that week)

Pre-season Week 1: 12/14 @ 11:59PM ET

Pre-season Week 2: 12/16 @ 11:59PM ET

Pre-season Week 3: 12/18 @ 11:59PM ET

Pre-season Week 4: 12/20 @ 11:59PM ET

Week 1: 12/22 @ 11:59PM ET

Week 2: 12/27 @ 11:59PM ET

Week 3: 12/31 @ 11:59PM ET

Ok, and these are our groups for free agency (based on previous year's record). Group 1 will be able to make a selection starting at 11:59PM ET tonight.

For our members who haven't done this before, when your group's time comes, any team in that group can make a selection. You don't have to wait on the team before you to go. But you MUST post in the thread in the following format before signing your player in game.

Team:

Player Added:

Player Dropped:

Since it's pre-season, you don't have to drop anybody. Some teams are probably going to need players just to get up to 53. I'm planning on doing 2-3 rounds of this draft style free agency, and after that, we'll open free agency up.

If you're not available when it's your group's turn to pick, you can PM me your free agent choice, and if no one else has claimed them, I'll post it for you.

Group 1 (May select one free agent starting 12/14 @ 11:59PM ET)

Redskins

Packers

Giants

Browns

Broncos

Saints

Colts

Group 2 (May select one free agent starting 12/15 @ 3PM ET)

Eagles

Lions

Titans

Bengals

Dolphins

Panthers

Group 3 (May select one free agent starting 12/15 @11:59PM ET)

49ers

Seahawks

Patriots

Bears

Texans

Congrats to the Cowboys, Raiders, Vikings, and Redskins, : For Drafting two players with an OVR Above 80!

And...Whats with the panthers 2nd round Signing...17 Overall FB Shedrick McClam? lol.

also, we cant view the free agent list until you move us to the next stage....suggest you fix that in the next 2 hours..or no one can pick!

Congrats to the Cowboys, Raiders, Vikings, and Redskins, : For Drafting two players with an OVR Above 80!

And...Whats with the panthers 2nd round Signing...17 Overall FB Shedrick McClam? lol.

also, we cant view the free agent list until you move us to the next stage....suggest you fix that in the next 2 hours..or no one can pick!
So did the Browns.

So I've got some issues. I only have 1 QB and no kicker and you won't let me sign anybody till preseason week 3. I don't think the game will let me play with 1 QB and no kicker

So I've got some issues. I only have 1 QB and no kicker and you won't let me sign anybody till preseason week 3. I don't think the game will let me play with 1 QB and no kicker
Um...look at that again. Group 3 makes their selection 12/15 at 11:59PM ET. We don't advance to Week 2 of the preseason until 12/16 at 11:59PM.

IF you end up needing a second player, you can temporarily sign the lowest rated player at that position. But since you're playing a CPU team, can we at least wait until after you've made your selection to sort that out?

Yes that is fine. I misread the text I thought we were advancing every day not 2. That will not be a problem. Is there a chance I can sign 2 guys? 1 kicker 1 QB I won't sign any good backup QB. I'll take a really low rated player.

Yes that is fine. I misread the text I thought we were advancing every day not 2. That will not be a problem. Is there a chance I can sign 2 guys? 1 kicker 1 QB I won't sign any good backup QB. I'll take a really low rated player.
Well, that's why I want you to wait until you make your free agent selection. But yeah, if you're planning on using your free agent pickup on a kicker, you can also sign the lowest rated free agent QB just for that game. Then, when you're done with the game, release him. And then, when we do the second round of free agency in a day or so, you can make a legitimate pick for a backup QB. Sound fair?

Also, as a reminder to everyone, since it's the preseason and a good amount of games will probably be simmed, injuries are again turned off.

Another reminder, you need to play the game with your players as the CPU substitutes them. This basically means your starters only play the 1st quarter and your backups play the rest of the game. I'll be the first to admit this can get really boring, but it's realistic, and since injuries are off, there has to be a way to prevent people from going crazy and racking up XP with their starters.

And finally, you don't have to play all (or any) of your preseason games. All I ask is you make sure your opponent is able to play your CPU if they want (ie. go to the "user teams" screen under "Settings" and put yourself on autopilot). Different people enjoy different things, and I'm trying to be as accommodating to everyone as possible. Thanks! :)

But you had about as many picks in this draft as Aaron Rodgers did in my last season.
That's impossible. No one could have that many draft picks,

IZPcV.gif

He was a HB, but I moved him to FB cuz there was no way in hell he was a tailback. I'll probably be releasing him soon lol

Posting again for new page...with updated moves.

For our members who haven't done this before, when your group's time comes, any team in that group can make a selection. You don't have to wait on the team before you to go. But you MUST post in the thread in the following format before signing your player in game.

Team:

Player Added:

Player Dropped:

Since it's pre-season, you don't have to drop anybody. Some teams are probably going to need players just to get up to 53. I'm planning on doing 2-3 rounds of this draft style free agency, and after that, we'll open free agency up.

If you're not available when it's your group's turn to pick, you can PM me your free agent choice, and if no one else has claimed them, I'll post it for you.

Group 1 (May select one free agent starting 12/14 @ 11:59PM ET)

Redskins

Packers - Demarcus Love, RT

Giants - Chad Greenway, ROLB

Browns - James Harrison, LOLB

Broncos - Anthony Spencer, RE

Saints - Kris Thomas, QB

Colts - Kevin Vickerson, DT

Group 2 (May select one free agent starting 12/15 @ 3PM ET)

Eagles

Lions - Brock Osweiler, QB

Titans - Anthony Fasano, TE

Bengals

Dolphins - Ryan Davis, RE

Panthers - Jermaine Kearse, WR

Group 3 (May select one free agent starting 12/15 @11:59PM ET)

49ers

Seahawks

Patriots

Bears

Texans

Apparently, I'm fucked forever. Confidence carries over directly from season to season, so Aaron Rodgers is still at an 8. Bullshit.

EDIT: Now OVR rating is drastically affected as well. Rodgers has gone from 99 0VR last season, to 93 at draft time, to 91 now. How is that even possible for a guy like him at that age?

I got on to pick a free agent and maybe play a preseason game, but seeing all this has basically reduced my excitement for the upcoming season to nothing.

Team: Green Bay Packers
Player Added: RT Demarcus Love
Player Dropped: TE Andrew Quarless

Didn't have to drop a player, but I wanted to cut Quarless regardless.

Randall Cobb dropped 4 OVR since the draft! Hes 25 years old! What the hell? fuck this game.
Yeah, I think that's the thing I really dislike with this year's game. Basically any player who played on a "bad team" took a substantial skill hit between seasons. A couple of my free agent acquisitions, Ryan Kerrigan and Prince Amukamara both gave all appearances of being pro bowl, high dollar players. But looking at their individual attributes, they both dropped a fair amount.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, lol), my LOLB situation was so bad that Kerrigan is still a big upgrade. But for Amukamara, even as an 87 OVR...where my 3rd CB (Wreh-Wilson) is a 79 OVR, some of Amukamara's coverage attributes are on par or actually worse than Wreh-Wilson's.

It feels like another example of EA widening the skill gap. The people who don't have good seasons don't need to be further punished by having their star players get worse. EA's either too dumb to see or just doesn't care that what they're doing is giving people who didn't have difficulty winning even better players, while people who struggled get worse players. It's a really stupid system. Teams that win don't always improve. And teams that lose don't always get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back