Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolphins over Giants 17-14 in a crazy one. Dolphins Scored 17 points in the 4th Quarter for a little Redemption.
Good comeback. I desperately need to pick up 4-6 players (currently have 48 on the roster).

Team: Giants

Player Added: Chad Greenway, ROLB

Player Dropped: None

Seems as though Saffold isn't actually a FA (stupid website!). So I'm going to change my pick if that is ok?

Player Added: Brock Osweiler - QB

Player Dropped:

Also, I have 3 rookies who are going to start for me. Pretty sure I'm just going to skip drafting from here on out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems as though Saffold isn't actually a FA (stupid website!). So I'm going to change my pick if that is ok?

Player Added: Brock Osweiler - QB

Player Dropped:

Also, I have 3 rookies who are going to start for me. Pretty sure I'm just going to skip drafting from here on out!
Well, that was a fortunate "dun goofed" wasn't it? lol ;)

Good start to the Colts preseason with a 24-7 win over the Chargers. My new and improved defensive front combined for 9 sacks by 7 players. Hope it was a sign of things to come but I fear it may have just been because the Chargers line is shitty.

Teams from Group 1, Group 2, and Group 3 may now make their first free agent selection.

We will be doing another round, with times as follows:

Group 1 (May select a second free agent starting 12/16 @ 3PM ET

Group 2 (May select a second free agent starting 12/16 @ 11:59PM ET

Group 3 (May select a second free agent starting 12/17 @ 3PM ET

Team: Texans

Player Added: FS Michael Huff

I might be starting my rookie QB this year his stats are decent and for some reason gets a lot of XP from the game I threw for 160 yards 2 tds and 1 int but still got almost 3k exp and his upgrades are cheap

Also Madden is saying my rookie HB Bowers has 65531 Rushing yards

Team: Texans

Player Added: FS Michael Huff

I might be starting my rookie QB this year his stats are decent and for some reason gets a lot of XP from the game I threw for 160 yards 2 tds and 1 int but still got almost 3k exp and his upgrades are cheap

Also Madden is saying my rookie HB Bowers has 65531 Rushing yards
That might be a record. Someone should look into that.

Oh man. I lost Kerrigan? Damn.

Finally got on today. I need a kicker.

My apologies for being Mia lately. JUST Started A New job so don't have as much time. Questionable for preseason games (apologize in advance) but just like RG3, I'm all in for week one.

Well, that was a fortunate "dun goofed" wasn't it? lol ;)
You know what's funny about it? He was my second choice and also showed as a FA on the website. My third choice was Blount, also not actually available. Website is a piece of shit.

I also paid Claiborne way too much money. Guy will be lucky if he is my Nickel CB. It seems like progression and confidence (horse shit) is just broken. I'm going to have to spend all of my training hours on trying to get Stafford to actually be better than Oswieler...

I feel for you Matt, but it looks like you can get confidence up about 9 points per week if you use the hours for it.

Yeah, my problem is that I have so many players with confidence issues and can only train any guy or guys a total of 3 times per week in that area.

I'm playing my week 1 preseason vs the Rams and I noticed I have a kicker now. Garrett Hartley. I'm not sure if I had him all along or the CPU auto signed a kicker because I have only signed Pryor this season. I was going to take a kicker in the third FA pool.

Edit: HB Pedro Cobb the Rams 1st round pick just took his first carry of his career for a 81 yard touchdown! Nice start for the rookie out of Nebraska.

The Game Prep system is terrible. It's unreal how many hours it requires to complete one activity. So, my QB can practice 3 times that week...and that's it. Nobody else gets to learn anything. The whole team can't watch game film. I get that they wanted to make it more difficult to level up players, but with this new confidence BS, you NEED time just for that.

It's also stupid that gaining XP doesn't just naturally give you confidence. "Hey, I learned some things and did better in practice. But I still don't like myself and need validation." Might as well call the game Emo Simulator 15, lol.

I haven't been on my game. There was a wide receiver that I really wanted ". I think this will is him, but I can't tell from the terrible site.

Bengals
Add: Markis Johnson WR
Drop: None

I haven't been on my game. There was a wide receiver that I really wanted ". I think this will is him, but I can't tell from the terrible site.

Bengals
Add: Markis Johnson WR
Drop: None
If I remember correctly, he's a rookie receiver. If that's the case, you might want to make sure you get on and sign him before we advance tonight. I remember in the past some of those undrafted rookies will just inexplicably disappear if nobody picks them up.

If I remember correctly, he's a rookie receiver. If that's the case, you might want to make sure you get on and sign him before we advance tonight. I remember in the past some of those undrafted rookies will just inexplicably disappear if nobody picks them up.
Alright, I will do my best. I am visiting family and far away from my Xbox. I will try and run by someplace with WiFi on my laptop. I should be able to sign him from there, right?

Alright, I will do my best. I am visiting family and far away from my Xbox. I will try and run by someplace with WiFi on my laptop. I should be able to sign him from there, right?
Uh...lol...I doubt it. I just looked on the website, and I don't know what method it even uses in showing free agents. When you look at the "available players", you can sort by free agent (I think this is the problem staticz had...he was looking at guys on their team's trade block too).

And then, it shows the free agents sorted by OVR...but it leaves out a ton of them. I don't even see any WR on there. This is especially stupid considering there's a space to type in the player's name to find who you're looking for...except it still only pulls from this small list of players.

Obviously, I'm not saying you HAVE to get on and sign the guy by tonight. I was just trying to give you a heads up in case that happens. If it does, you can just pick someone else. Who knows. Maybe EA fixed it... Basically, just prepare for disappointment.

Well, he is not on the website under free agents. I seriously hate EA. Why even bother with a website when it hardly works?
He is available in game. Do you want me to pick him up for you, so that the game doesn't make him go bye bye? I can just release him when you get back to your Xbox.

He is available in game. Do you want me to pick him up for you, so that the game doesn't make him go bye bye? I can just release him when you get back to your Xbox.
That's a good idea. Yeah, do that, Rob. Good thinking. Of course, this could all be for nothing. But I remember a year or two ago, there was a rookie HB with like 99 speed or something that just disappeared between advances.

Helping out a division rival too. You're one classy son of a gun! ;)

Cary%20Grant%20Classy.jpg

Group 1, it's your turn for your second free agent signing. Feel free to make a pick at any time. Normally, I wouldn't do this, but since we're going to open up free agency after this anyway, the Redskins may pick two players since they didn't sign anybody the first go-round (at least I'm assuming he didn't since he didn't say anything about it).

And again, for the new page:

For our members who haven't done this before, when your group's time comes, any team in that group can make a selection. You don't have to wait on the team before you to go. But you MUST post in the thread in the following format before signing your player in game.

Team:

Player Added:

Player Dropped:

Since it's pre-season, you don't have to drop anybody. Some teams are probably going to need players just to get up to 53. I'm planning on doing 2-3 rounds of this draft style free agency, and after that, we'll open free agency up.

If you're not available when it's your group's turn to pick, you can PM me your free agent choice, and if no one else has claimed them, I'll post it for you.

Group 1 (May select a second free agent starting 12/16 @ 3PM ET)

Redskins

Packers - Demarcus Love, RT

Giants - Chad Greenway, ROLB | Asante Samuel, CB

Browns - James Harrison, LOLB | Benjarvus Green-Ellis, HB

Broncos - Anthony Spencer, RE

Saints - Kris Thomas, QB

Colts - Kevin Vickerson, DT

Group 2 (May select a second free agent starting 12/16 @ 11:59PM ET)

Eagles

Lions - Brock Osweiler, QB

Titans - Anthony Fasano, TE

Bengals - Markis Johnson, WR

Dolphins - Ryan Davis, RE

Panthers - Jermaine Kearse, WR

Group 3 (May select a second free agent starting 12/17 @ 3PM ET)

49ers - Terrelle Pryor, QB

Seahawks

Patriots

Bears - Richie Incognito, LG

Texans - Michael Huff, FS

I'm playing my week 1 preseason vs the Rams and I noticed I have a kicker now. Garrett Hartley. I'm not sure if I had him all along or the CPU auto signed a kicker because I have only signed Pryor this season. I was going to take a kicker in the third FA pool.

Edit: HB Pedro Cobb the Rams 1st round pick just took his first carry of his career for a 81 yard touchdown! Nice start for the rookie out of Nebraska.
I also want to address this...according to the transaction log, it looks like Hartley was signed AFTER Pryor. If you just attempted to play your game without a kicker, then yeah...I guess the CPU signed him or something. Considering how I explicitly asked you to handle this scenario, I'm not really happy about it. Conferring with others.

I have no problem dropping the kicker it signed and resigning a kicker when it's my time. I had my punter set as a kicker he was in the low 60s so I didn't think it would auto sign a kicker. Like I said I have no problem dropping him.

I did not sign anybody but I am going to make 2 selections tonight. I will also select a kicker in my head for my third pick and post that at the proper time

I did not sign anybody but I am going to make 2 selections tonight. I will also select a kicker in my head for my third pick and post that at the proper time
I don't mean to direct this at you, Heidenreich. But we've had several members who didn't pay their teams a whole lot of attention during the offseason who are now having to piece a roster together, and I'd like to cut this off before we have any more issues. I'm going to try to be as clear about this as I possibly can.

These draft rounds of free agency are here to fill areas of need. If you don't have a kicker and you use your two selections on other positions...and then try to play your game, the game is going to auto-sign a kicker for you (one of the better ones).

This isn't fair since it's basically giving you three selections. I'm not going to tell you you HAVE to use one of your picks on a kicker, but if you don't, before you play your game, you need to sign the lowest OVR kicker in free agency. After free agency opens up, you can do whatever you want. But for these 2 rounds, where people are vying for the best of what's left, we need to make sure it's fair to everyone.

Citing Msn1983's situation above, for all we know somebody (maybe even you) might have wanted to use their FA pick on Garrett Hartley...but can't because he was able to grab his backup QB and the CPU took one of the better FA kickers off the market.

If anybody is going to willfully ignore a position of need in lieu of adding depth at another position, you need to sign the lowest OVR player so you at least have a functional roster.

In relation to this, for anyone who has noticed, yes, I'm aware that Seattle signed 5 free agents. I messaged Methoes about it and he realizes he screwed up.

Because of this and another transaction related issue, he's using up his warning strike on this one. Gotta know those rules, folks.

I honestly had no clue that it was going to auto sign me a kicker. I thought like last maddens it wouldn't let me start the game rather than auto sign. I thought I would be able to sign a kicker later and use my punter in game 1. I will drop the kicker it signed tonight when I get home from work.

I honestly had no clue that it was going to auto sign me a kicker. I thought like last maddens it wouldn't let me start the game rather than auto sign. I thought I would be able to sign a kicker later and use my punter in game 1. I will drop the kicker it signed tonight when I get home from work.
What I don't get is if you were aware that the game wouldn't let you play with only 1 QB and no kicker...why would you think it would let you play with 1 punter and no kicker?

You were instructed to use your pick on the area of your biggest need (which, I'm sorry...I even question a little bit if choosing to sign a backup QB when you have no kicker is valid) and then sign the lowest rated player at the other position. I responded to you twice to drive that point home.

However, the other members of the trade committee are more forgiving than I am. I don't entirely buy the story, but just drop the kicker and do what you were supposed to do, and there won't be any further issue.

Group 2 may now make their second free agent selection.

And again, for the new page:

For our members who haven't done this before, when your group's time comes, any team in that group can make a selection. You don't have to wait on the team before you to go. But you MUST post in the thread in the following format before signing your player in game.

Team:

Player Added:

Player Dropped:

Since it's pre-season, you don't have to drop anybody. Some teams are probably going to need players just to get up to 53. I'm planning on doing 2-3 rounds of this draft style free agency, and after that, we'll open free agency up.

If you're not available when it's your group's turn to pick, you can PM me your free agent choice, and if no one else has claimed them, I'll post it for you.

Group 1 (May select a second free agent starting 12/16 @ 3PM ET)

Redskins

Packers - Demarcus Love, RT | Charlie Johnson, LG

Giants - Chad Greenway, ROLB | Asante Samuel, CB

Browns - James Harrison, LOLB | Benjarvus Green-Ellis, HB

Broncos - Anthony Spencer, RE

Saints - Kris Thomas, QB

Colts - Kevin Vickerson, DT | Kellen Clemens, QB

Group 2 (May select a second free agent starting 12/16 @ 11:59PM ET)

Eagles - Tyler Polumbus, RT

Lions - Brock Osweiler, QB

Titans - Anthony Fasano, TE

Bengals - Markis Johnson, WR

Dolphins - Ryan Davis, RE | Tiquan Underwood, WR

Panthers - Jermaine Kearse, WR | Ishmaa'ily Kitchen, DT

Group 3 (May select a second free agent starting 12/17 @ 3PM ET)

49ers - Terrelle Pryor, QB

Seahawks - Telvin Smith, LOLB

Patriots

Bears - Richie Incognito, LG

Texans - Michael Huff, FS

Titans - 24

Bears - 17

In a spontaneous, surprise game for both of us, lol, the Titans managed to come back from a 10-0 deficit to defeat the defending NFC Champions. Not going to go into great detail, because...preseason, but I'll explain the "surprise" part of the game. I was sitting in NHL 15, browsing the auctions in HUT, and all of a sudden I get a "Let's Play!" message for Madden.

I'm like..."what in the hell..." lol. So, I message Panoramic to see if he was wanting to play, and he tells me he sent it on accident, but could play if I wanted to. So, I'm like "Ok...why not" lol. So, we were kind of just persuaded into playing the game, I guess. It was a good one though...especially for preseason. Lots of defense. Several punts. Zach Mettenberger kind of sucks, but also wins, somehow...I don't understand. My defense might be good...maybe. Again, preseason.

GG to Panoramic though. I didn't expect to get it in this quick (that's what she said), but I had a good time, haha. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back