Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 3 groups may now make their second free agent selection.

I know we don't advance until tomorrow night, but unless people think it's necessary to do another draft style round of free agency, I was thinking we just open up free agency for any transactions tonight at 11:59PM ET.

Even when I was grabbing my second free agent, I kind of had the feeling that I'm not really signing anyone of any significance...and that's on a mediocre team like the Titans. Basically everybody left is below an 80 OVR. I was looking at #5 WRs, #4 CBs, and backup LBs. I don't think anybody that's left is really a game changer.

So, as long as everyone is cool with that, free agency will be open for any signings you want to make starting tonight at 11:59PM ET.

All 3 groups may now make their second free agent selection.

I know we don't advance until tomorrow night, but unless people think it's necessary to do another draft style round of free agency, I was thinking we just open up free agency for any transactions tonight at 11:59PM ET.

Even when I was grabbing my second free agent, I kind of had the feeling that I'm not really signing anyone of any significance...and that's on a mediocre team like the Titans. Basically everybody left is below an 80 OVR. I was looking at #5 WRs, #4 CBs, and backup LBs. I don't think anybody that's left is really a game changer.

So, as long as everyone is cool with that, free agency will be open for any signings you want to make starting tonight at 11:59PM ET.
I'm on board with this.

49ers - 3
Patriots - 14

GG. However I do think the game was rather unfair. If i read correctly we are not to change subs at all. I started with the ball and still had my first drive going at the End of 1. They pulled my starters on the first drive still and that's fine.

The problem I have is that the Patriots used his starters the entire game meanwhile I'm using my 2nd and 3rd string pretty much all game like I thought we are suppose to. It's no big deal since its preseason but I mean come on his starting rb had 18 carries. When would this happen in pre season? Never using a backup at any positin? As soon as my backups came in it wasn't even a game anymore.

On the bright side Billy Cundiff showed potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
My starters did not get to play at all because of the 5 min quarters. Ridley is my starting hb that guy is like a 69 ovr rookie. I knew it was going to look weird with Brady playing but it's the Garoppolo era in new england. 

49ers - 3
Patriots - 14

GG. However I do think the game was rather unfair. If i read correctly we are not to change subs at all. I started with the ball and still had my first drive going at the End of 1. They pulled my starters on the first drive still and that's fine.

The problem I have is that the Patriots used his starters the entire game meanwhile I'm using my 2nd and 3rd string pretty much all game like I thought we are suppose to. It's no big deal since its preseason but I mean come on his starting rb had 18 carries. When would this happen in pre season? Never using a backup at any positin? As soon as my backups came in it wasn't even a game anymore.

On the bright side Billy Cundiff showed potential.
My starters did not get to play at all because of the 5 min quarters. Ridley is my starting hb that guy is like a 69 ovr rookie. I knew it was going to look weird with Brady playing but it's the Garoppolo era in new england.
Looking at the stats from the game and seeing what you guys are saying, it seems New England was on defense the entire first quarter. This would explain why it would look like his guys played the whole game. If you looked at the offensive stats from last year, he did use Garoppolo as his starter. It's kind of silly, but it's Madden, after all.

The game doesn't auto sub beyond 2nd string, and it would be a mess to tell people to do so since some people don't carry 3 QBs, or that many WRs, etc. That's why we have the "let the game do the subbing" policy...so at least everybody is operating under the same system.

On the other side of the coin, you (49ers) got to use your first string offense for 5 minutes. So, you probably have a better idea than a lot of us how your new acquisitions are going to gel with the team. I understand the frustration of feeling limited though. This is why I don't expect everybody to play all four preseason games.

I think I might be interested in putting Delanie Walker on the trade block. I'd probably be interested in swapping him for a WR. Feel free to PM me with offers.

*Waits for CAGLeagueSports to reply saying to include position (TE) and OVR* ;-);-);-)
Hey, I'm just dangling my line in the water. This aint no proposal, fool, lol :)

mascot_3.jpg

Here's my full trade block (surprisingly, with some of these new acquisitions, I'm seeing players who just don't fit what I want to do (really shows how bad the real life Titans need a house cleaning).

Delanie Walker, TE - 81 OVR, 83 SPD, 87 ACC, 76 AWR, 74 CTH, 65 RTE, 71 CIT, 73 SPC, 76 RLS, 87 JMP, 76 IBL, 81 RBK

Kamerion Wimbley, ROLB - 75 OVR, 80 SPD, 88 ACC, 74 TAK, 83 POW, 74 PMV, 87 FMV, 65 BSH, 78 PUR, 75 PRC, 55 MCV, 60 ZCV

(Wimbley's stats are more impressive as a DE...which is where he played the past several Maddens)

Avery Williamson, MLB - 68 OVR, 85 SPD, 88 ACC, 84 TAK, 82 POW, 85 BSH, 73 PUR, 59 PRC, 55 MCV, 65 ZCV

Zaviar Gooden, MLB - 63 OVR, 90 SPD, 91 ACC, 70 TAK, 87 POW, 62 BSH, 73 PUR, 50 PRC, 73 MCV, 69 ZCV

And, that's mostly it. Not sure if anyone will be interested in any of these guys because EA really shit on the Titans this year. I mean, the team is BAD, don't get me wrong. But even some of the bright spots on the roster just have glaring attribute issues. Obviously, Walker should be rated way better than he is.

Anyway, I'm looking for WRs, HBs, and CBs. All offers considered.

Yeah, I really wonder about the TE ratings this year.  Dwayne Allen from the Colts was in the low 90's in Madden 25 and this year he was like an 81.  Probably should be in the middle somewhere (like an 87-88) but it is crazy the major difference in ratings despite a good year in real life.

Well, I just played around with my schemes a bit and he's up to an 85 OVR now. I still don't understand the freaking schemes in this game though. When you look at Walker's player development page, it lists his preferred scheme as "Vertical Threat". So, I set my TE1 to that...and he's an 81 OVR. I change it to "Blocking", and he goes up to an 85.

Beyond that...changing WR1, WR2, WR3 in my schemes affects all of my receivers. Did I just never understand this and it's actually like ranking the traits you value in all receivers. So, like if you have Speed, Possession, and Balanced, it rates all of your WRs according to those 3 criteria? I always thought it was just referencing positions on the depth chart...since there's only 1 for QB, HB, TE, etc.

Sometimes I really wonder if EA even understands how these things work.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Can you put the Niners on auto-pilot please? I've sent 2 PM's (one this morning and the other was sent on Wednesday) that are still unread. I've also messaged on Xbox one. [/SIZE]

I sent the PM on Wednesday that was still unread so thought you were out of town. Was just trying to get the game in before a busy Saturday. 11 central works for me

All right, we have advanced to the regular season. Week 1 is upon us, the games now count, and injuries are back on. Best of luck to everyone this season!

And on that note, I'll be heading out of town tomorrow and won't be back home until late evening on 12/30. I'll have internet access and will still be around the forums. But no Xbox access means no putting people on autopilot. Hopefully there won't be any issues.

Also, remember, to give everybody a free day for Christmas, we'll be advancing at 11:59PM ET on 12/27.

What a Crazy ass game with the Eagles.

Dolphins Finish in overtime 30-27.

Great freaking game Energy Penguin.

Also..Huge freaking kudos to you for avoiding my pass rush. Cam Wake came to me crying after he didn't even touch your QB once throughout the game. 

Great game siradam134, I would have traded one or two of those picks for a sack. On the last pick I knew the whole time, not throwing to Ertz, then he got open for a second and I threw it. I audibly gasped, I knew right away it was a pick.

Good luck this year!

Redskins win!  22-21.

Fourth quarter started with the Pats up 14-7 (after a pick six thrown by me).  Redskins put a drive together and a touchdown by Morris tied it with under 2 minutes to go.

Pats went 80 yards in four plays to take a touchdown lead with a minute to go, but the Redskins' prayer was answered by DeSean Jackson, who scored with 8 seconds to go.  

Ridley had been moving the ball on me all day, so I figured my only chance to win was to go for two.  

Great game Pats.  

Man, exciting start to the season! I'll tell ya, it's been really nice this year seeing so many close games. Seems like everybody has a fair shot at winning. That's pretty awesome.

Man, exciting start to the season! I'll tell ya, it's been really nice this year seeing so many close games. Seems like everybody has a fair shot at winning. That's pretty awesome.
I just need the titans to go pick up jake locker and start him when they play the texans

49ers 14, Packers 10

Really fun game. I gambled by passing on 4th down from the 6 yard line at the start of the 4th quarter, with the score the same as the final. He stopped me and kept picking up 1st downs, eventually running out the clock.

Losing sucks, but Msn1983 was a great sport. Most importantly for me, Aaron Rodgers went 12/16 for 193 yards and 1 TD (in just 3 quarters). No interceptions! It was like a miracle. I'll take the apparent signs of progress in a close loss to a very good team.

JZA and I just disconnected for some reason. It was a pretty good game going too. Probably just Xbox live still screwing up. He seems to be offline now.

Nah, I think it was my wireless. Had a problem with it earlier today, seems to have resurfaced. I'm back now if you're around.
I am pretty sure it was just Live. My One was telling me I had a wireless networking problem too but it was just Live. After I did a hard reboot on the One and didn't touch my router or modem it worked fine again.

I am pretty sure it was just Live. My One was telling me I had a wireless networking problem too but it was just Live. After I did a hard reboot on the One and didn't touch my router or modem it worked fine again.
Seems like it was Lizard Squad...as there are reports going around that despite however many of their retards that got arrested and had their shit confiscated, they still took down XBL and PSN yesterday. It's really starting to get aggravating paying for a service that can be crippled that easily. So damn stupid.

Sorry guys, I'm already done with Madden after one game lol. There is just no fluidity at all to me...everything takes so long to register but it doesn't seem like a lag thing if that makes sense. Just seems off...I probably just suck though and I don't have the patience or desire to work on it.

Yeah, this confidence attribute is one of the dumbest ideas the Madden dev team has ever come up with (and I'm including the passing cone here). My newly acquired stud free agent LOLB, Ryan Kerrigan had 2 sacks in my first game against CPU Atlanta. As a result, he got a +3 confidence boost. But wait, that's not all. He also got a -3 confidence penalty because "I should have had more tackles!".

What Alex Rodriguez school of headcase bullshit did EA pull this from??? Pretty sure getting 2 sacks in a game would universally be considered a GREAT game even if those were the guy's only two tackles...let alone the fact that we're not playing full 15 minute quarters here were guys are going to get 10+ tackles.

I'm not even sure if I should waste the game prep time trying to get his confidence up. It's a 10 right now...a fucking 10! I guess the silver lining here is that even with a confidence of 10, he was still able to get 2 sacks. Part of me just wants to pretend confidence doesn't exist.

I have been putting all my prep hours into my rookie QB I think I'm up to 29 after two weeks of working on him only thing I got going for me is all my players on my team still from last season are 90+ but by week 6 they will be junk again

Yeah, this confidence attribute is one of the dumbest ideas the Madden dev team has ever come up with (and I'm including the passing cone here). My newly acquired stud free agent LOLB, Ryan Kerrigan had 2 sacks in my first game against CPU Atlanta. As a result, he got a +3 confidence boost. But wait, that's not all. He also got a -3 confidence penalty because "I should have had more tackles!".

What Alex Rodriguez school of headcase bullshit did EA pull this from??? Pretty sure getting 2 sacks in a game would universally be considered a GREAT game even if those were the guy's only two tackles...let alone the fact that we're not playing full 15 minute quarters here were guys are going to get 10+ tackles.

I'm not even sure if I should waste the game prep time trying to get his confidence up. It's a 10 right now...a fucking 10! I guess the silver lining here is that even with a confidence of 10, he was still able to get 2 sacks. Part of me just wants to pretend confidence doesn't exist.
I haven't noticed it on defense to tell you the truth but it is definitely apparent in QB play. The low confidence rating has certainly affected Eli. I have to pick certain plays or routes that I know he'll hit most of the time. Otherwise, he'll miss wide open receivers. I know Eli is not the greatest example but if I remember correctly Matt Young has mentioned similar issues with Rodgers.

I haven't noticed it on defense to tell you the truth but it is definitely apparent in QB play. The low confidence rating has certainly affected Eli. I have to pick certain plays or routes that I know he'll hit most of the time. Otherwise, he'll miss wide open receivers. I know Eli is not the greatest example but if I remember correctly Matt Young has mentioned similar issues with Rodgers.
Oh yeah, it's definitely noticeable with QBs. I had Mettenberger just flip out under pressure last season and seemingly just throw the ball directly into the ground when he'd have a receiver wide open over the middle. It was so bad it looked like a glitch. Just complete panic and failure.

On defense though....I don't know if it would cause guys to just miss tackles and bounce off the ball carrier or what. With EA, anything is possible, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back