Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow really. Why the hell would I disconnect on purpose with the ball down 6? I'm not 5 years old.

I gave Beats the courtesy of not accusing him of purposefully disconnecting. Even though two of my TDs were over 75 yard one play drives. And he clearly was bugging out, he admitted as much with the fake punt.

And now him thinking that I disconnected on purpose. fucking Fishy

Last edited by a moderator:
It was early in the 1st.

He received, went 3 and out. Punted, first Saints play was a 75 yard TD run by Khiry. He receives, goes 3 and out (so I thought) and fake punts.

But whatever, pm with a time bears.

Wow really. Why the hell would I disconnect on purpose with the ball down 6? I'm not 5 years old.

I gave Beats the courtesy of not accusing him of purposefully disconnecting. Even though two of my TDs were over 75 yard one play drives. And he clearly was bugging out, he admitted as much with the fake punt.

And now him thinking that I disconnected on purpose. fucking Fishy
Bro, chill. Calm down. I made a mistake. My bad. Let's just stop and play the game with a clean slate. We're all friends here, and are sort of forgetting the purpose of this league.

I know for me, I just want to have some fun and make some friends.

Sweet move pming Nate behind my back. If you have something to accuse me of do it to my face.

Like I said, pm me with a time. 2pm is still good for me.

Sweet move pming Nate behind my back. If you have something to accuse me of do it to my face.

Like I said, pm me with a time. 2pm is still good for me.
I didn't accuse you. I just said what happened. The disconnect frustrated me, which had me speculating and led me to do the fake punt.

Like I said. My bad. 2 is still good for me too. Let's just have fun with it.

This takes me back. I remember my younger days when I'd get all worked up about Madden league and make long posts. Now I need to use that time and energy on power walks, fiber consumption, and phoning my uncaring but precious grandchildren.

Going to re-emphasize this part from the "official account"...

I think you both need to cool off, give it a day, and try again. Let go of the grudges, stop assuming the worst, and try to have a fun, competitive, respectful game. Things happened. Mistakes were made. Call it a mulligan and play a legitimate game tomorrow.
Continuing to bicker is not doing that and will most likely lead to more stupid shit that needs to be sorted out in the next game. Just stop.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMhD1qtrlI[[/youtube]

GG Bears!

Immovable Object - 1
Unstoppable Force - 0

Cya soon Nate, please make sure we can get our bye week game prep in!

GG Bears!

Immovable Object - 1
Unstoppable Force - 0

Cya soon Nate, please make sure we can get our bye week game prep in!
I think the record is 1-1 the saints didn't stop the Texans unstoppable force only nate has and he did it twice this year

I just advanced us to the Pro Bowl week...and as Tanabeo probably can attest to, there are no bye week activities at all. The game is all like "Hey...it's the Pro Bowl...look, you can't do anything". But just so we have transparency and LV doesn't suspect any foul play, I left us there until he can see for himself that EA thinks teams don't practice the week before the Super Bowl, haha.

I think the record is 1-1 the saints didn't stop the Texans unstoppable force only nate has and he did it twice this year
That's the tough thing about division rivals for me...is your opponent gets to know you so well. And we've played what...6 times in the two seasons? I think we've split the games 3-3 too. But in this last one, I had to consciously make an effort to try plays I don't normally run just to give you a different look.

And as I've said before, the defensive games are always tough. I was fortunate my guys made enough plays to put me in position to score a decent amount of points in that game. But in general, most of the people still left here have very tough defenses. And while that drives my anxiety through the roof, haha...I really enjoy that about this league. I'd much rather play defensive chess matches than barn burning shootouts.

So, yeah...basically LV and I just need to figure out a time now, and we can move things along.

Definitely. I still haven't sat down and hammered out dates yet, but we'll still do the one day for each section of the offseason thing.

I guess now is as good of a time as any. Assuming we advance to the actual Super Bowl today (still waiting on LV to confirm that he's seen there's no game prep for Pro Bowl week), it would look something like this.

Advancing to:

Super Bowl - 3/12

Re-Sign/Franchise Players - 3/15

Free Agency 1 - 3/16

Free Agency 2 - 3/17

Free Agency 3 - 3/18

Final Scouting - 3/19

So, that would put the draft somewhere in the week of 3/20-3/27. I'll take a look at the calendar and send out PM's with times later today.

I'm sorry are you referencing a week 1 game? Ex super bowl champs just living in the glory days. I thought the Bears were the #1 offense and I was the #1 defense, just a little joke.

And I actually should thank you for that game Tanabeo, after the monstrosity that was that week one 5 interception game, I did a lot of thinking and completely reworked my offense, moving from a spread system to a Pistol ground and pound that was much better for Drew Brees's current skill set. Also, I think looking at your roster was when the light bulb turned on for me about how important confidence is this year. Now all my players are 99's too!

I believe you n8, no need for all that. Pming you my times now.

I'm here to help people if you need anything else let me know. Also I know you were joking that why I said something

Super Bowl 50

Saints 16 - Titans 8

MVP: Coverage linebacker and ex-Titan Colin McCarthy, who only played 11 snaps, but had a game clinching INT when the Titans were closing in on the Red Zone with a little over a minute left.

GG N8, are we advancing to team Resignings tonight?

Ok, sorry for the late advance guys. Had a pretty busy Saturday. We have moved to the resign players stage. I'd like to advance us again Sunday night at 11:59 PM EST...but if for whatever reason, people can get on sometime today, I'll push it back another day. Just let me know if anybody has any extenuating circumstances.

Super Bowl 50

Saints 16 - Titans 8

MVP: Coverage linebacker and ex-Titan Colin McCarthy, who only played 11 snaps, but had a game clinching INT when the Titans were closing in on the Red Zone with a little over a minute left.

GG N8, are we advancing to team Resignings tonight?
Yup, gg.

Ok, guys. We have advanced to Free Agency #1. Remember our rules when making your contract offers.

You may offer a contract to any player you'd like but...

A) You may not go over the number of years that they're asking for. You can offer less years if you want.

B) You may offer more money than what they are seeking, but may not offer higher than $10 million above their desired contract.

Also, we have a winner in our draft vote. Of the 8 people who voted on times, 7 of them can make Sunday, 3/22 at 8PM ET. So, that will be when we hold our draft. The only person who can't make that time is the guy who just won the Super Bowl, haha.

But he also had the lowest number of times that he could make...so, this is probably as good as we could do. There's always going to be somebody who can't make it. There were 3 people who have yet to look at the PM (sent 3+ days ago). So, they either don't really care or weren't planning on playing another season anyway.

Regardless: Season 3 Draft - 3/22 at 8PM ET!

Just to Clarify:

So if Nick Foles wants
Desired Contract
90.6m. 32.8m Bonus

The highest bid we can give him is a total of $133.4 million. Spread out between the salary and bonus.

Right?

Just to Clarify:

So if Nick Foles wants
Desired Contract
90.6m. 32.8m Bonus

The highest bid we can give him is a total of $133.4 million. Spread out between the salary and bonus.

Right?
Correct. As dumb as contracts are in this game with the "desired contract" thing, $10 million over just seemed like a reasonable limit. At least at that point, whatever logic Madden uses with the "scheme fit", "location", and the free agent coaching attribute can just do its thing for deciding where the guy goes.

Ok, guys. We have advanced to Free Agency #2. And it looks like a few free agents have signed already. It always amazes me how many players retire too. Very long list of players.

We will be advancing again on 3/17 @ 11:59PM ET.

Yeah, I was looking at some guys and the "team fit" and the contracts the CPU must offer...I just don't understand what's going on. I landed Greg Olsen, who I sort of overpaid for (I think I went $3-4 million over what he was asking) because...hey, if I didn't do that to re-sign my own players during the regular season they would be "insulted".

And go figure, he signs immediately, lol. Whatever. Got my TE upgrade since EA shit all over Delanie Walker in this game.

I dont have the money to keep up with the cpu bidding on some of these players
Just in case you didn't know, the "Highest Bid" isn't actually the highest bid. It never refreshes I guess. You could offer them all of your cap and it would still say the CPU is highest bidder.

Just in case you didn't know, the "Highest Bid" isn't actually the highest bid. It never refreshes I guess. You could offer them all of your cap and it would still say the CPU is highest bidder.
I think it refreshes at advance, but I'm not 100% sure. Honestly, it's a really stupid mechanic anyway. It basically embraces the most vile part of being a sports agent. "Another team has made an offer higher than you...but I'm not going to tell you how much."

EA Sports - making the things you hate most about sports a part of your everyday life. :lol:

Ok, guys. We have advanced to Free Agency #3. This is the final stage of free agency before the draft and your last chance to put competing offers in on players. Most likely, after our draft, we'll do 1-2 rounds of organized free agency groups...just so one person doesn't swoop in and take whoever is left for pennies on the dollar. And after that, we'll go back to having free agency be open again.

We will be advancing again on 3/18 at 11:59PM ET...which will be to the final scouting stage. And that's where we'll sit until draft day on 3/22. If anybody has any questions, just let me know.

Glad I threw 10 mil at chris johnson so i could have a HB with 95+ speed and turns out he has 89 and I gave him 3 mil bonus so now I cant cut him.

Yeah, EA really needs to fix some of the free agent stuff. For one, "desired contract" needs to mean something. And even if the guy wants to push for more money or wants to test the open market, just have him say that. This idea that they're insulted by offering them $1 million over their desired amount is stupid.

Secondly, it's dumb that you can't see free agents attributes. I know you sort of can on the website...but I promise that's not by design, considering you can't even look at the entire free agent pool. Maybe it's not realistic to rate player attributes on a scale of 1-99 either, but under the current system it basically implies that GMs have less info available during the off season than they do during the season...and again, that's stupid.

It's like having Chris Johnson's 40 yard dash time during the Super Bowl and then just inexplicably losing it the next week. Either give it to us all the time or never give it to us at all.

Maybe all that shit is shared via Snapchat in Madden Land.
57345896.jpg

Ok, guys. We have advanced to the final scouting stage before our draft on 3/22. Now that we can see where all the free agents have landed, it's time to use those scouting points on your positions of need.

We will advance again shortly before the draft on 3/22.

I only offered contracts to 3 players- all backups. People were asking for more money than I had.

Nate, I've never used Snapchat myself, but I'm familiar with the concept. Then again, I'm not as old as you. ;-)

Wow! 8/8 on my free agents. Spent close to or exactly the $10 million limit over their asking price on the big names: Julio Jones, Bobby Wagner, Stephon Gilmore. And got my return man in Devin Hester. Luckily had tons of money to spend with no Peyton, and still have 8.3 million under the cap with 43 players signed.

Wow! 8/8 on my free agents. Spent close to or exactly the $10 million limit over their asking price on the big names: Julio Jones, Bobby Wagner, Stephon Gilmore. And got my return man in Devin Hester. Luckily had tons of money to spend with no Peyton, and still have 8.3 million under the cap with 43 players signed.
Yeah...I offered exactly $10 million over for Jones. But I guess he didn't want to come to Nashville. I'm surprised. Wagner was asking for a 7 year deal?

Well, the people who voted on the draft time were: siradam134 (Dolphins), Tanabeo (Texans), n8rockerasu (Titans), dr0ppinL0adz (Broncos), Energy Penguin (Eagles), Panoramic15 (Bears), Matt Young (Packers), and LVPatriots (Saints).

So, basically, there are 3 NFC teams unaccounted for...but who we can most likely figure are done playing: kill3r7 (Giants), Heidenreich (Redskins), and Methoes (Seahawks).

Well, the people who voted on the draft time were: siradam134 (Dolphins), Tanabeo (Texans), n8rockerasu (Titans), dr0ppinL0adz (Broncos), Energy Penguin (Eagles), Panoramic15 (Bears), Matt Young (Packers), and LVPatriots (Saints).

So, basically, there are 3 NFC teams unaccounted for...but who we can most likely figure are done playing: kill3r7 (Giants), Heidenreich (Redskins), and Methoes (Seahawks).

IF those numbers hold true, we'll have 4 AFC and 4 NFC teams...so at least it's balanced in that regard. And in case anyone is wondering, I already bumped the difficulty up to All-Madden. It will definitely be an interesting final season.

All in all, I feel like we did about as good as we could do this year. CAG traffic is down, the XB1 is not as popular as the PS4, and many people think Madden has grown stale. But we're still here.

Lol..time to find a credible QB....my 69 OVR QB will not do well on All-Madden....And Thank you, Sir:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back