Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Team Name: Lions
Player Added: Josh Cribbs (WR)
Player Dropped: Kris Durham (WR)

If anybody needs some WR depth, I will trade WRs Nate Burleson (74), Corey Fuller (70ovr Rookie), Michael Spurlock (69 good kick returner) for just about any positional upgrade/depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, bad news I gotta leave the league. Makes me wish I was still in college! I just got promoted and am in the process of moving (because of promotion) and it's all happened in the past 2 weeks. I will miss playing with all you guys but might try to jump back in when my schedule slows down.

Best of luck to everyone!

Matthew
I am sorry to hear this. I play the Saints week 5, adam are you going to find another owner or put them on auto?

Group 1 May Now Pick:

Group 1 -
Jets- Kenny Phillips (FS)
Giants
Dolphins- Ryan Swope (WR)
Chargers- Stanford Routt (CB)
Lions
Saints
Ravens
Jags

Selections must be in the following format:

Team Name:
Player Added: Name (Position)

No need to drop anyone since we're still in the preseason.

As always, we go by when the guy was selected in the thread, not when he was picked up in the game. So post here before picking the guy up.

The entirety of each group can pick at the same time, there's no order of preference within the group.
Preseason, you say?

I may never win a game at this rate. Had a decent outing against the Falcons but got too conservative and kicked too many FGs, one of them on his 1 yard line. Should've called a pass in the red zone. Once down I went back to forcing throws and 2 INTs later I'm down 2 TDs and the game is sealed.

I may never win a game at this rate. Had a decent outing against the Falcons but got too conservative and kicked too many FGs, one of them on his 1 yard line. Should've called a pass in the red zone. Once down I went back to forcing throws and 2 INTs later I'm down 2 TDs and the game is sealed.
You'll get one soon uber your no pushover, you'll start to figure new things out and go with what works and build more confidence. And at the end your results will be that you've became better.

Gg.

Trade Alert:

Falcons send SS Zeke Motta Age.23 Ovr.70. R. 4yrs. $1.6M and a 5th rd pick 2014

Chargers send MLB Manti T'eo Age.22 Ovr.74 R. 4yrs. $5M

Chargers want to add depth to SS position

Falcons want to add depth to MLB position

The Cards are in group 3 and 4. Clearly an accident but I figured I'd point it out now to avoid confusion later.

Edit: Fero you also got a steal with Swope. One of the people on my list of free agents.

Group 2 may now Pick

Bengals
Seahawks
Packers
Bears
Chiefs
Steelers
Raiders
Cowboys

We Have Advanced! Week 5 Is Here! Deadline will be 11pm Friday Evening. I'm posting the Free Agency List now, If you want to use your Free Agent in Week 4...Wait for your game;)

DO NOT SIGN FREE Agent's Yet. There's an order to be followed. and rules. lots of rules.
finally got my cpu to load i see it here

So It's the 3rd quarter, and i'm honestly tired of defending the 4WR,1 TE and 3TE,1WR Sets from ballhawk. While Ahead.

If this is the way i'm expected to play football, you guys can find another commissioner.

He goes down by two touchdowns in the first quarter and does nothing but air out the ball. I'm fine with this, your down. Let's get back in the game.

But after you've got a substantial lead? seriously?

And now we've added more fuel to the fire. 3:37 Minutes left in the 4th quarter, 3rd and 4. up by 3 Touchdowns and he comes out in a 5 WR Play.

Here's a photo to prove this.

http://www.treslok.com/cagfl/images/IMAG1030.jpg

Really?

Here's the game recap:

Ravens Offense: 376 Passing Yards, 4 TD / 128 Rushing Yards,1 TD (70% of these came in the 4th quarter after he converted Above play.)

Dolphins Offense: 325 Passing Yards, 2 TD / 87 Rushing Yards

Ravens Defense: 5 Interceptions, 1 Sacks

Dolphins Defense: 1 Interception, 1 Sack, TD, 2 FF

I'm recommending a Warning Strike for ballhawk in this instance, as it's a blatant violation of the league rules. But i'll let staticz make the unbiased decision on this one.

So It's the 3rd quarter, and i'm honestly tired of defending the 4WR,1 TE and 3TE,1WR Sets from ballhawk.

I'm now "shutting it down".

If this is the way i'm expected to play football, you guys can find another commissioner.

He goes down by two touchdowns in the first quarter and does nothing but air out the ball.

Cheers.

I'm not sure I understand the source of your frustration.

Is it because he's non-traditional or is he running cheese? Lots of teams have moved toward spread attacks in the NFL most teams don't even carry FBs anymore so 3 and 4 wide sets are sort of the "norm" these days

Dude u serious u kept doing the same plays over again why u think u were up 14 so quick sn than scored 10 pts for the other half
If the same plays you were quoting was "quarter" defense....You're absolutely right, There's only one time I call quarter Defense, to defend against 4 Wide and 5 Wide Sets. Make a little more sense now?

I put up 14 points in the first 2 minutes of the game after a 27 yard interception for a TD, and a QB fumble Recovery at your 30 yard line. These were your first two drives of the game. You absolutely had the game in hand by the end of the 2nd quarter, up 28-17.

Yes, i'm absolutely serious. You broke the rules. Your "running" yards were ALL in the 4th quarter after i sent you a pm.

And now we've added more fuel to the fire. 3:37 Minutes left in the 4th quarter, 3rd and 4. up by 3 Touchdowns and he comes out in a 5 WR Play.

Here's a photo to prove this.

http://www.treslok.com/cagfl/images/IMAG1030.jpg

Really?
Ballhawk you need to explain this. You've got one shot, seeing as you've been in and out of this league multiple times and should know the rules.

I'm not sure I understand the source of your frustration.

Is it because he's non-traditional or is he running cheese? Lots of teams have moved toward spread attacks in the NFL most teams don't even carry FBs anymore so 3 and 4 wide sets are sort of the "norm" these days
4 WRs and 1 TE isn't normal in the NFL, neither are 3 TE sets. Especially not up by 21 with less than 4 minutes left.

Staticz it was 4th qtr 3 rd down an the first two downs I ran the ball an got a few yard we both had no timeouts left so I decided to get a first down an run out the clock the rest of the way it was 3 mins left an I was running the ball the whole game on an off if my running game isn't working well of course imma spread it out that's what I'm good at! But at least I wasn't doing the same formation N throwing it to the se guys over an over or running drag routes the whole gm

Free Agency has begun. I've extended this weeks deadline to Friday(an extra 24 hours) to give people the chance to sign their players before they play their game.

Reminder: We go by what is posted in the thread. You must post who you're adding, and who you're dropping, in the thread before it is counted. There is no order of selection within each group, it's first-come first-served. 

Free Agency Groups 1 and 2 Can Now Pick

Group 1 -

Jets- Kenny Phillips (FS)
Giants
Dolphins- Ryan Swope (WR)

Chargers- Stanford Routt (CB)

Lions - Josh Cribbs (WR)
Saints
Ravens
Jags - Aaron Maybin (LOLB)

Group 2 -

Bengals
Seahawks - Randy Moss (WR)
Packers - Mike Thomas (WR)
Bears
Chiefs
Steelers- Sione Pouha (DT)
Raiders - Robert Steeples (CB)
Cowboys - Kerry Rhodes (FS)

Group 3 - Will Begin at 10AM EST 9/26/2013
Rams
Buccaneers
Redskins
Texans
Patriots
Panthers
Browns
Falcons

Group 4 - Will Begin at 7pm EST 9/26/2013
Cardinals
49ers
Eagles
Titans
Broncos
Bills
Colts
Vikings

Selections must be in the following format:

Team Name:
Player Added: Name (Position)
Player Dropped: Name (Position)

A few things to note:

1. If your roster isn't full, you don't need to drop a guy. But please post who you pick up.

2. Keep your cap space in mind. These guys do take contracts, so you might not be able to sign the expensive guys without dropping someone.

3. As always, we go by posts in the thread, not who adds them first in game. Once you post in the thread that you added a guy, he's yours.

Staticz it was 4th qtr 3 rd down an the first two downs I ran the ball an got a few yard we both had no timeouts left so I decided to get a first down an run out the clock the rest of the way it was 3 mins left an I was running the ball the whole game on an off if my running game isn't working well of course imma spread it out that's what I'm good at! But at least I wasn't doing the same formation N throwing it to the se guys over an over or running drag routes the whole gm
Your first statement makes no sense. Neither of you have timeouts and you want to run out the clock...run the ball and punt. From what I can see fero scored twice in the first quarter and then 10 points the rest of the game. So I can't imagine you were exactly worried about him coming back, especially when he had no timeouts. Next, there is no need for your running game to work when you are up by 21.

Also I looked at the game recap, fero hit 6 different WRs. So your argument falls apart here as well.

I'm going to give you a strike. Rule #1 - Don't be a dick. Learn it. Rule #2 - Play like a NFL Coach would. No coach is lining up 5 wide when they are up by 21. Not the Saints, not the Broncos, no one.

i stop my cheese thing and what happens i get screen done against me and a play action run and then the qb latterals the ball back 10 yards down the field once all my defenders are attacking the qb how is that not cheesy. but can't blame the player for that stuff game just sucks how the player react

might i add i no longer have tate or harvin so yeah team is pretty much dead in water at this point 

i stop my cheese thing and what happens i get screen done against me and a play action run and then the qb latterals the ball back 10 yards down the field once all my defenders are attacking the qb how is that not cheesy
That's one hell of a play if there is a screen, play action and then a QB lateral all in one play....

I'm playing like bill belicheck would play an how is that a dick move I didn't score after that the pic was 45 what was the end score? Sometimes u have to get the game over as soon as possible bc everyone In here as a life an give me a strke like u guys all cry a lot in lg these past few weeks I played ppl airimg in out its part of the game just cuz we don't run the ball all the time neither did andy reid when he was with the eagles!!

I'm playing like bill belicheck would play an how is that a dick move I didn't score after that the pic was 45 what was the end score? Sometimes u have to get the game over as soon as possible bc everyone In here as a life an give me a strke like u guys all cry a lot in lg these past few weeks I played ppl airimg in out its part of the game just cuz we don't run the ball all the time neither did andy reid when he was with the eagles!!
belicheck don't do five wide outs up big in a game lol

You know where the door is if you don't like the 'whining.' No coach plays like that at the end of a game.

An he hit 6 diff reciever cuz he switched the position of his recievers jackass
Yeah? #2... keep going and I'll show you the door.

i stop my cheese thing and what happens i get screen done against me and a play action run and then the qb latterals the ball back 10 yards down the field once all my defenders are attacking the qb how is that not cheesy. but can't blame the player for that stuff game just sucks how the player react

might i add i no longer have tate or harvin so yeah team is pretty much dead in water at this point
Can you explain this a little better?

bread's done
Back