Madden NFL 2009 Collector's Edition [PS3] - $44.98 ($62.98) on Clearance at Target

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - Yes
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - Yes
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No
Fairfield, NJ - No
Greenville - NC - No
Whittier, CA - No
Pacoima - CA - Yes
Schaumberg, Chicago - Yes
Falls Church, VA - No
Buffalo, NY - No
North Bergen, NJ - No
Edgewater, NY - No
South Plainfield, NJ - Yes
Champaign, IL - Yes
Commack, NY - No
Central Islip - No
Las Vegas, NV - No
Fenton, MO - No
Louisville, KY - Yes
Mechanisburg, PA - Yes
Pembroke Pines, FL - Yes
Hollywood, FL - No
Davie, FL - Yes
Chula Vista, CA - Yes
Plaza Bonita, CA - No
Appleton, WI - Yes
Chantilly, VA - Yes
Ridgedale, MN - Yes
Burbank, CA - No
Van Nuy North, CA - No
Van Nuy, CA - No
Northridge, CA - No
Glendale, CA - No
Waukesha, WI - Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Anyone who has been a member of this forum more than a few weeks already should know that its members do not appreciate hoarding and fraud. So, why mention it? It's that simple. If you don't want to get flamed, don't mention. This is like kicking a sleeping pit bull and being surprised when it bites you.

Also, just like posters can post messages about questionable activities, other members are free to post about how they don't like. And you're welcome not to read the posts. What a wonderful world.[/quote]

agreed... hoarding and fraud great ways to stick it to someone who really wants the game. if you do, please keep it to yourself or go to FW or SD.

as part of the CAG culture, you're better off just letting others know where you got the deal and that there are more available for other CAGs.

I bought one for $62.xx at the Target on Route 1, Saugus in Mass. They have a ton of copies, but I am going to return it since I am not a huge Madden fan.

[quote name='paean']I bought one for $62.xx at the Target on Route 1, Saugus in Mass. They have a ton of copies, but I am going to return it since I am not a huge Madden fan.[/quote]

Then why did you buy it in the first place?:whistle2:k

saw at my local target today that they are now giving a $10 gift card for the regular madden 09 also..
maybe should be new thread.

dam.. target can't get rid of these Madden 09's fast enough!!!

strange

[quote name='paean']I was weak, but after I bought it I came to my senses! :D[/quote]

have you returned it yet? if not let me buy it from you

[quote name='DealHunter']Which version of this year's Madden is the best 360 or PS3?
[/QUOTE]

They are practically the same. Only real difference is achievements on the 360 version and free online on PS3 through PSN. If you're into online, get the version the rest of your friends have.

[quote name='DealHunter']Which version of this year's Madden is the best 360 or PS3?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'd vote Xbox360, only cuz I own both consoles, but prefer the online and achievement modes, plus playing with more of my friends. Sucks that the deals wasn't for the Xbox360 version :(

XBOX 360 has by far more online players. NPD numbers prove that it has sold the most copies on that system so if you're a big online player than 360 is the way to go. Plus, Peter Moore has said on record that they used the XBOX 360 as the base platform for development. Just stay far away from the Wii version though. Uck!

As of today, amazon said 31% of its Madden sales were on Xbox 360 and 26% were on PS3 for another point of reference.

[quote name='jacknicklson']I picked up an extra for a CAG if anyone wants it let me know soon or I'll just return it.[/quote]

do u still have it let me know

[quote name='boooey']saw at my local target today that they are now giving a $10 gift card for the regular madden 09 also..
maybe should be new thread.
[/quote]

I didn't see this at my store or in my local ad (Los Angeles)

Picked mine up originally in Sacramento for 62.98. Was at my local target yesterday typed the DCPI in the price checker 44.98. Managed to get my 19.XX back. WooHoo.

Got one last week in White Marsh, MD. Had two copies, I got one and another guy got the last one right after me.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Picked mine up originally in Sacramento for 62.98. Was at my local target yesterday typed the DCPI in the price checker 44.98. Managed to get my 19.XX back. WooHoo.[/quote]

I thought Target doesn't PM their clearance stuff.. did you approach Guest Service as if it were one? receipt, etc

A year ago, I would always say go with the 360 version of multi-platform games. They generally looked better, ran smoother, and had more people playing online. Now, though, PS3 and 360 games look and run identical, and even though there are still more 360 owners, there are enough PS3 owners to create a large and stable user base for popular games, like Madden.

I've got an extra I had bought for a friend, but he's flaked. Does someone want it before I return it? PM me and let me know. Thanks!

[quote name='aznguyen316']I thought Target doesn't PM their clearance stuff.. did you approach Guest Service as if it were one? receipt, etc[/QUOTE]

I threw the receipt away that morning on accident. I was in my local Target (Denver) explained to them that I bought something in Sacramento a few days prior that was cheaper at this store but I threw away the receipt. I asked if they could look up my purchase by CC# and they asked for the DCPI. I gave them my CC and DCPI and they saw the difference and gave me back my $19.XX

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I threw the receipt away that morning on accident. I was in my local Target (Denver) explained to them that I bought something in Sacramento a few days prior that was cheaper at this store but I threw away the receipt. I asked if they could look up my purchase by CC# and they asked for the DCPI. I gave them my CC and DCPI and they saw the difference and gave me back my $19.XX[/quote]

i thought that they didn't do refunds on clearance items as well...

[quote name='crewj']i thought that they didn't do refunds on clearance items as well...[/quote]

I've returned clearance items, maybe you are thinking about the AS-IS stuff?
Actually I've never heard of a store policy that forbids returns on clearance items. I mean you could buy something clearance and it could break the next day. I do know that K-mart won't put clearance items in Lay-a-ways.

[quote name='crewj']i thought that they didn't do refunds on clearance items as well...[/quote]
They definitely do returns on clearance stuff.

I believe they are not supposed to PM clearance items, but it's a bit YMMV.

Does the CE qualify for the free $10 gift card ? because I got one the week before the $10 gift card went into effect

if anyone want my madden pm me i dont tthink i want it now cause my back lot of games is way to high for me to waste time playing madden if no one pms me in the next couple of days it either goes back or im gonna ebay it

Towson MD Target has 5 of these for $45. I was on the fence until I realized Head Coach was included. The CheapAss in me can't resist the $22 per game cost...

It's so weird how stores in the same area have this on clearance at different prices. There are about 4 Targets near me (non of which have this in stock). Out of curiosity I've scanned the barcode at all of the locations while out hunting. It came up 50% off at one store and 30% off at the other three. All of these stores are probably within a 5 mile radius or so.

I might check a couple stores out south on the other side of the state line later this evening. I wonder if I was to find it at one of those locations if I was to tell them it's cheaper at location X if they would call and give it to me at that price?

[quote name='Chitown021']It's so weird how stores in the same area have this on clearance at different prices. There are about 4 Targets near me (non of which have this in stock). Out of curiosity I've scanned the barcode at all of the locations while out hunting. It came up 50% off at one store and 30% off at the other three. All of these stores are probably within a 5 mile radius or so.

I might check a couple stores out south on the other side of the state line later this evening. I wonder if I was to find it at one of those locations if I was to tell them it's cheaper at location X if they would call and give it to me at that price?[/quote]

It really depends on the location. If the game was a big seller in one store then it will take longer for the price to go down there as compared to a store where it didn't sell at all. I didn't even know the game was on clearance and upon calling a few of them i found one that had one left in stock and made my way over there to pick it up. When i got there the game still had the last clearance price which was $62 (which probably explains why they still had it in stock) but when the target employee rang it up it came up at $44. :D

[quote name='osugsxr']anyone had any luck with this in cincy area?[/quote]

Anyone in Steelers Country see this on clearance?

[quote name='Chitown021']It's so weird how stores in the same area have this on clearance at different prices. There are about 4 Targets near me (non of which have this in stock). Out of curiosity I've scanned the barcode at all of the locations while out hunting. It came up 50% off at one store and 30% off at the other three. All of these stores are probably within a 5 mile radius or so.

I might check a couple stores out south on the other side of the state line later this evening. I wonder if I was to find it at one of those locations if I was to tell them it's cheaper at location X if they would call and give it to me at that price?[/QUOTE]
What stores have you been to in KC?

There were 3 left in the Belton Target. LS and Indy were all gone.

[quote name='Miz-Zou']What stores have you been to in KC?

There were 3 left in the Belton Target. LS and Indy were all gone.[/quote]

I've covered the 4 stores in the northland (Chouteau Trfwy, Liberty, Metro North Mall, and the new one by Zona Rosa).

Does anyone know how much in store credit I can get if I sell the NFL Head Coach that comes with this to Gamestop?

[quote name='illpleasa']Does anyone know how much in store credit I can get if I sell the NFL Head Coach that comes with this to Gamestop?[/quote]

$15

Thanks Joker... ;) $44.98 minus $15 (after a trip to gamestop for credit which I will add to my Resistance 2 pre-order) for a game that came out a little less than a moth ago... I'll take that deal anytime..

UPDATE:
Just came from the Target in ALBANY NY and they had one left with the $44.98 price tag. Came out to $48.58 with tax... I love this site.. ;)

^^ np man anytime,if you wait a lil bit before the game comes out im sure they will have a 20% trade in bonus plus the edge card might make a lil more but knowing how GS is it might drop more

They must've dropped the value of NFL Head Coach 09 in Gamestop. I called earlier today and they said they only give $10 worth of credit for it here in the Albany NY area...

bread's done
Back