Madden NFL 2009 Collector's Edition [PS3] - $44.98 ($62.98) on Clearance at Target

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - Yes
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - Yes
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No
Fairfield, NJ - No
Greenville - NC - No
Whittier, CA - No
Pacoima - CA - Yes
Schaumberg, Chicago - Yes
Falls Church, VA - No
Buffalo, NY - No
North Bergen, NJ - No
Edgewater, NY - No
South Plainfield, NJ - Yes
Champaign, IL - Yes
Commack, NY - No
Central Islip - No
Las Vegas, NV - No
Fenton, MO - No
Louisville, KY - Yes
Mechanisburg, PA - Yes
Pembroke Pines, FL - Yes
Hollywood, FL - No
Davie, FL - Yes
Chula Vista, CA - Yes
Plaza Bonita, CA - No
Appleton, WI - Yes
Chantilly, VA - Yes
Ridgedale, MN - Yes
Burbank, CA - No
Van Nuy North, CA - No
Van Nuy, CA - No
Northridge, CA - No
Glendale, CA - No
Waukesha, WI - Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mva5580']I'm going to say this and run, because I'll probably get blasted for even suggesting it and sounding all "evil" or whatever. But I'm going to say it anyway:

You know, if you REALLY wanted the Xbox 360 version for 44.98, it can be done.

That's all I'm saying. And I'm away.[/quote]

How? Trading, huh?

I think we should have a Rule here on this site, that if you brag about buying a lot and sell it for profit, you get to get banned.

I think the foundation of this site, or other sites like FW, etc so EVERY member can get the deal, not getting it because it's for profit.

But yes a lot of times, there are some bad seeds... unfortunately.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I think we should have a Rule here on this site, that if you brag about buying a lot and sell it for profit, you get to get banned.

I think the foundation of this site, or other sites like FW, etc so EVERY member can get the deal, not getting it because it's for profit.

But yes a lot of times, there are some bad seeds... unfortunately.[/quote]
:applause: Agreed.

I just picked up a copy in the target in schaumburg, il. on barrington and schaumburg rd. There were still two left if you still want to go and get it. at 45.00, it's hard to resist. Plus, haven't bought a madden game since the snes days.

[quote name='Tee_Ken']:applause: Agreed.

I just picked up a copy in the target in schaumburg, il. on barrington and schaumburg rd. There were still two left if you still want to go and get it. at 45.00, it's hard to resist. Plus, haven't bought a madden game since the snes days.[/quote]

I agree as well. I don't even care that people hoard, but what is the point of proclaiming it here?

[quote name='themidnighter23']got the last one at the middletown nj target exchanged it at best buy for the 360 version[/quote]

idiot
:wall:

I decided I'd try and pick up one on a whim tonight so I checked the most local Target and they had one left for $63 =(

Gonna call a few stores tomorrow.

[quote name='joker______']^^ um...fraud[/QUOTE]

how exactly is it fraud? I asked them if I could exchange it for the 360 version and they let me. They even said that I didn't have to exchange it for madden, they just gave me credit to do whatever I wished. Just because you can manipulate the system doesn't make it fraud

[quote name='themidnighter23']how exactly is it fraud? I asked them if I could exchange it for the 360 version and they let me. They even said that I didn't have to exchange it for madden, they just gave me credit to do whatever I wished. Just because you can manipulate the system doesn't make it fraud[/quote]

I'm betting you left out the part about buying it at another store on clearance...

[quote name='themidnighter23']how exactly is it fraud? I asked them if I could exchange it for the 360 version and they let me. They even said that I didn't have to exchange it for madden, they just gave me credit to do whatever I wished. Just because you can manipulate the system doesn't make it fraud[/quote]

Fraud.

The article you are quoting was written at least three years ago which makes it hardly relevent anymore. It talks about people stealing rolls of receipt paper and printing their own receipts. Who the heck does this anymore? Most receipts have barcodes which identify the complete transaction in a stores database. Bottom line, if a store wanted to stop people from doing this all they would have to do is require a receipt for all returns and exchanges, no exceptions.

Stores often don't require receipts, in order to make returns easier on legitimate customers who actually lost receipts or weren't give one. People who take advantage of that ruin it for everyone, which is way many stores are curbing back on such policies.

[quote name='180husher']The article you are quoting was written at least three years ago which makes it hardly relevent anymore. It talks about people stealing rolls of receipt paper and printing their own receipts. Who the heck does this anymore? Most receipts have barcodes which identify the complete transaction in a stores database. Bottom line, if a store wanted to stop people from doing this all they would have to do is require a receipt for all returns and exchanges, no exceptions.[/QUOTE]

Printing a fraudulent receipt or going into a store and lying to them about purchasing a game from them and needing to exchange it is the same exact thing. You're still making fraudulent misrepresentations about their responsibility to provide you with a refund or replacement. It's stealing plain and simple, no different than walking right in and taking a game off the shelf and walking right out without paying. There are lots of things stores could do to prevent people from committing fraud, but we don't live in a dictatorial military state, so part of the deal is that the majority of us are honest and law abiding. I am shocked every single day when I read these posts. Didn't anyone teach those of you who are engaged in this fraud the difference between right and wrong?

[quote name='180husher']No, that is why they come here...so they can be taught by those of you who are so self-righteous.[/quote]

Dude! Why don't you stop being a jerk already.:bomb: Everybody here knows that it is wrong, plain and simple, heck even you know that it is wrong. Just because you get away with something doesn't make it alright.:bs: On top of that nobody here is being self-righteous, it only appears that way because you're being so brazenly dishonest.

The fact that you have to lie to someone to get it done is a pretty clear indication that it is wrong.

To the OP great thread, and thanks for looking out CAG. :applause:

Oh no, he returned a game in exchange for the same exact game on a different platform.

Somebody call...consumer affairs or something. >_<

Please, stop acting like you're not morally corrupt when you crap your pants for $5 video games, and then act all innocent. You're not supporting the industry either cheap-o.

This happens every so often when somebody does the return gimmick at Wal-mart and posts it in these forums. A bunch of people jump all over the guy telling him that he is breaking the law, commiting fraud, stealing, making the baby Jesus cry, etc... Whatever this guy did is between him, Target, and Best Buy...not any of us. I just get sick of people telling other people what is right and wrong. It comes off as self-righteous bullying.

Bottom line is,

Madden was bought for 45 bucks for the PS3 from Target on clearance, Returned to a different store in Best Buy for full retail price 89.99, which is basically twice the amount the person paid for the game. The person got more money back, then they should have, and bought Madden for the 360. There wasn't a true "exchange" involved.

I must admit, I have never understood people who think "It's really ok" when they have to lie to make it happen.

Walk into the store, tell them you bought it on clearance somewhere else hoping you could exchange it at their store for the thing you really wanted, and see how that works for you. Or buy it on clearance at a store and go to another store, tell they you found bought it at another store for cheaper, but want to return it to their store for what they are charging for it and make yourself some money.

If it is really no big deal and does not hurt the store, then you should have no problems in being honest about it and they should have no problems doing it for you, right?

also if you think this ok in your minds that maybe fine to you but to some it rubs them in the wrong way if you come in here bragging about it,midnighter you been here on this website for almost 5 years man i think by now you should know better than that,so please if you do this again dont come in here bragging about it....
ok lets get this thread back to normal

also if you think this ok in your minds that maybe fine to you but to some it rubs them in the wrong way if you come in here bragging about it,midnighter you been here on this website for almost 5 years man i think by now you should know better than that,so please if you do this again dont come in here bragging about it....
ok lets get this thread back to normal
Seriously, great post. I have been here less than a year, but I know enough not to brag about certain things, unless I want to get flamed. That's just a reality, like it or not. People on here don't take kindly to hoarding and fraud. Anyway, yes, let's back to clearance Madden.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Seriously, great post. I have been here less than a year, but I know enough not to brag about certain things, unless I want to get flamed. That's just a reality, like it or not. People on here don't take kindly to hoarding and fraud. Anyway, yes, let's back to clearance Madden.[/quote]

thanks man :)

first of all I didn't lie about anything, I just asked if I could exchange it. I told her I didn't have a receipt and all I wanted to do was change the game for the system of my preference.

If I hurt anyone's feelings I am so sorry.

[quote name='themidnighter23']first of all I didn't lie about anything, I just asked if I could exchange it. I told her I didn't have a receipt and all I wanted to do was change the game for the system of my preference.

If I hurt anyone's feelings I am so sorry.[/QUOTE]

It's not about hurting feelings, it's fraud since the 360 version is twice the price. Hope you feel good about your karma.

It's $62.98 @ the West Covina Eastland Center. There was none at the new shopping location...I think it's called "The Heights @ West Covina"

I already have the XBox 360 version since Day 1 but was gonna buy the PS3 once in case I want to play it downstairs but nah..I passed

There's 2 left @ Eastland for that price if anyone is interested...

[quote name='themidnighter23']first of all I didn't lie about anything, I just asked if I could exchange it. I told her I didn't have a receipt and all I wanted to do was change the game for the system of my preference.
[/QUOTE]

You didn't lie. You just conveniently left out the truth that you didn't purchase the item at that store. They let you exchange the item with the assumption that you it was actually purchased there. Idiot.

[quote name='bojay1997']Printing a fraudulent receipt or going into a store and lying to them about purchasing a game from them and needing to exchange it is the same exact thing. You're still making fraudulent misrepresentations about their responsibility to provide you with a refund or replacement. It's stealing plain and simple, no different than walking right in and taking a game off the shelf and walking right out without paying. There are lots of things stores could do to prevent people from committing fraud, but we don't live in a dictatorial military state, so part of the deal is that the majority of us are honest and law abiding. I am shocked every single day when I read these posts. Didn't anyone teach those of you who are engaged in this fraud the difference between right and wrong?[/quote]

So is THIS Fraud?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4800674#post4800674

On the topic of returning this Madden at Best Buy, I thought BB REQUIRES a Receipt? Only Wal-mart Do NOT require it for up to like 3 times per year, I think.

I just happened to stop at Target yesterday not knowing of this deal. Sure enough I got Madden PS3 Collectors Edition for $62.98+tax. Im a very happy camper.

I saw a couple at my target. The 44 price. I didn't buy but may buy if they still have it sun. Maybe get lucky and get the $10 gift card advertised for buying madden 09 in this weeks ad. Now that would be really good.

[quote name='180husher']This happens every so often when somebody does the return gimmick at Wal-mart and posts it in these forums. A bunch of people jump all over the guy telling him that he is breaking the law, commiting fraud, stealing, making the baby Jesus cry, etc... Whatever this guy did is between him, Target, and Best Buy...not any of us. I just get sick of people telling other people what is right and wrong. It comes off as self-righteous bullying.[/quote]

Amen. I get so sick and tired of hearing about these 'self righteous and never do wrong" people come one here and complain!

[quote name='gsugator']Amen. I get so sick and tired of hearing about these 'self righteous and never do wrong" people come one here and complain![/quote]

Anyone who has been a member of this forum more than a few weeks already should know that its members do not appreciate hoarding and fraud. So, why mention it? It's that simple. If you don't want to get flamed, don't mention. This is like kicking a sleeping pit bull and being surprised when it bites you.

Also, just like posters can post messages about questionable activities, other members are free to post about how they don't like. And you're welcome not to read the posts. What a wonderful world.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']How are the games packaged?

Are they in regular cases or is it one super case with the discs stacked inside?[/quote]

2755157614_7b27100b77.jpg
2755157620_cda7d6d756.jpg

its like this but you dont get the bonus disc,all the bonus disc material is on the blue ray disc of madden

[quote name='gsugator']Amen. I get so sick and tired of hearing about these 'self righteous and never do wrong" people come one here and complain![/QUOTE]

Pot, this is Kettle....you're black.

I got in on this deal...$45...started to play it yesterday. I dunno...are the graphics and gameplay really that much of a step forward over what I was playing on my Dreamcast 10 years ago? Feel the same way about the Soul Calibur IV I just got. Oh Dreamcast...why did you have to leave us?

I'm just glad the Madden Curse is going to continue....and they thought they were going to break the streak by putting a retired guy on it!

bread's done
Back