Madden NFL 2009 Collector's Edition [PS3] - $44.98 ($62.98) on Clearance at Target

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - Yes
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - Yes
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No
Fairfield, NJ - No
Greenville - NC - No
Whittier, CA - No
Pacoima - CA - Yes
Schaumberg, Chicago - Yes
Falls Church, VA - No
Buffalo, NY - No
North Bergen, NJ - No
Edgewater, NY - No
South Plainfield, NJ - Yes
Champaign, IL - Yes
Commack, NY - No
Central Islip - No
Las Vegas, NV - No
Fenton, MO - No
Louisville, KY - Yes
Mechanisburg, PA - Yes
Pembroke Pines, FL - Yes
Hollywood, FL - No
Davie, FL - Yes
Chula Vista, CA - Yes
Plaza Bonita, CA - No
Appleton, WI - Yes
Chantilly, VA - Yes
Ridgedale, MN - Yes
Burbank, CA - No
Van Nuy North, CA - No
Van Nuy, CA - No
Northridge, CA - No
Glendale, CA - No
Waukesha, WI - Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
target in west palm beach, fl had about 5 copies.. $44.98
picked one up :D

with all the freezing issues being reported, i hope they just aren't trying to clear out bad batches..

Just went and picked one up from the local store for $44.xx. Sad to see its the cardboard case and no internal case at all. I left for the store before I read any replies earlier. I do have an extra case from a copy of MLB 07 that I got from Target on clearance that was missing the disc. I think I will print out a copy of the cover and just use the extra case.

CIMG0242.jpg

Anyone know the trade-in value on this? Whether Gamestop or BBV? Seriously though, this makes no sense...

I picked up the last copy for $44.98 at the Outer Loop Target in Louisville, KY. The cashier kind of of freaked out over the discount.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']
CIMG0242.jpg

Anyone know the trade-in value on this? Whether Gamestop or BBV? Seriously though, this makes no sense...[/quote]

Gamestop does not give more credit for a collector's edition. I would say they're probably only giving $30-$35 for Madden right now.

You could try Game Crazy or Blockbuster, or sell it on EBay/Amazon. You could also sell to a CAG on here.

Edit: The two at Fenton, MO were gone today (couldn't get there until 5 p.m.) and they were marked down to $45. South St. Louis County Target has 1 left, but it's still at $90.

St. Cloud, MN has them for $44.98 and has multiple copies.

Think I could buy them and sell them on ebay for a profit? And do you think I could return one to Best Buy where I bought mine originally?

I am hoping to find it for $22.48, I know it's unlikely but hopefully a store near me has it tagged for full price so when it drops to $22.48 it will still be there

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I am hoping to find it for $22.48, I know it's unlikely but hopefully a store near me has it tagged for full price so when it drops to $22.48 it will still be there[/quote]

Won't it take awhile for it to drop that low? Either way, someone will snatch it up before it can get that low. Worse case scenario, you could always hide it somewhere and wait it out.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Will try my target asap.. so this comes w/ the full retail ver. of NFL Head Coach as well?[/quote]

Yes. This is what essentially makes it $30 more than the normal version...

[quote name='aznguyen316']Will try my target asap.. so this comes w/ the full retail ver. of NFL Head Coach as well?[/quote]
Yup.

I can verify that the Target on Longmore in Mesa, AZ has it for 44.98, and they had at least 5 copies left after I got mine.

There's one left in the Norco, CA Target and it's going for $62.98. There were quite a few other PS3 clearance titles as well.

This was pretty temping, but I rather pick up Disgaea 3 tomorrow~ :eek:

[quote name='PikaPichu']Good luck to all who are trying to find this. This deal has just been posted on FW so it may not last much longer.[/quote]

Sorry to break it you killer, but this one actually started on SD...which is (IMO) worse than FW for the eBay scalper types. If you take a peek over at the SD thread there are already a bunch of people bragging about snatching 5-7 at a time...ugh.

[quote name='kidu']Sorry to break it you killer, but this one actually started on SD...which is (IMO) worse than FW for the eBay scalper types. If you take a peek over at the SD thread there are already a bunch of people bragging about snatching 5-7 at a time...ugh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw it over on SD earlier. It looks like they've known about it for a while too. FW is one less thing people who honestly want the game need though. :(

I bought mine today at the Haverhill, MA store. They had I think two left this afternoon. Thanks OP, I didn't think I would be buying madden this year.

[quote name='XUGrad']Anybody come across any in the Dayton, OH area? Dayton Mall didn't have any as of Monday afternoon.[/quote]

The Target in Kettering, Oh had one left after I bought the other one for $44.98. Their not marked down in the case though.

Picked up the last 2 (one for me, the other for a coworker) at the Corona Cali store for ~$45 each. The cashier was shocked when he saw the clearance sticker. I told him I wanted both copies. He only took one out and started to close the display case, but I had to remind him that I wanted both copies. He looked really disappointed that I took the last 2 copies...he seemed to be an SD lurker after he mentioned that I could make money selling it on ebay. But I told him that I was actually going to play the game and enjoy it!

[quote name='robin2099']The Target in Kettering, Oh had one left after I bought the other one for $44.98. Their not marked down in the case though.[/quote]

Thanks for the update! I went in this morning and got the last one.

I think the Xbox 360 version will Eventually go thru the same deal!

They are both NO longer on the shelves, but not sold out though.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Picked up the last 2 (one for me, the other for a coworker) at the Corona Cali store for ~$45 each. The cashier was shocked when he saw the clearance sticker. I told him I wanted both copies. He only took one out and started to close the display case, but I had to remind him that I wanted both copies. He looked really disappointed that I took the last 2 copies...he seemed to be an SD lurker after he mentioned that I could make money selling it on ebay. But I told him that I was actually going to play the game and enjoy it![/quote]

OK. What are you doing with the other copy?

[quote name='dboy81']OK. What are you doing with the other copy?[/quote]

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Picked up the last 2 (one for me, the other for a coworker) [/quote]

His co-worker is getting it.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']What is the case like?

Is it a normal PS3 case or is it something different?[/quote]

The two I nabbed were sitting out on the clearance shelf...

The Target in Long Beach on Bellflower had Madden C.E. for $62.98.
The Target just a few miles away on Atlantic had it for $44.98.

Got it.
I also grabbed Eye Of Judgement on clearance for $34.99.
The mic worked great for Madden.

I will say that I hated the PS3 experience.
My HDTV only does 1080i, not 720p.
So I had to play in 4:3 mode and couldn't see my wide out WR.
Plus, had to play in 480i.

Also, the only way my buddy and I could play on-line was if we hit the accept game button exactly at the same time (like synchro swimming). It was really lame. Out play books kept defaulting to CHI playbooks. Horrible glitch.

Might have to slide over to the Xbox version.

Commerce Township, MI store has it at $44.98, had at least a couple copies left when I grabbed mine an hour or so ago.

Just got back from a Target run and low and behold, picked up another one for $45.

This was at the new Super Target in Manassas, VA. They had about 4 after I purchased mine (in bottom of PS3 case). I spoke with the clerk who told me that it was a pricing error and they were "supposedly" going to fix it soon. He said he couldn't believe it being half off already...

So now I have 2 that I'm will to sell for the price I paid plus cost of shipping. Please send me a PM if interested.

Madden 09 CE from Best Buy: $89.99-$10 off coupon= $79.99 (bought on release date)
Madden 09 CE from Target: $44.98

Total Spent: $124.97

Sold Head Coach 09 from Madden CE on ebay: $34.00
Returned Madden 09 CE to Best Buy (used the one from Target): $79.99

Total Sold/Returned: $113.99

$124.97-$113.99= Total spent on Madden 09 CE $10.98:lol: Also trying to sel another copy on ebay so could be free or a profit!!!

Thanks OP and Thanks CAG!!!

just picked up the last 1 at Steeplechase store 12701 FM 1960 Rd W Houston, TX
the stores at 25901 Highway 290 Cypress, TX 77429 & 6801 FM 1960 Rd W Houston, TX 77069 have 1 left each for $44.98

I just picked up a copy at the Target in Turnersville, NJ. There were 2 left after my purchase, better hurry!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Just got back from a Target run and low and behold, picked up another one for $45.

I spoke with the clerk who told me that it was a pricing error and they were "supposedly" going to fix it soon.[/quote]

I think it was the 08 that was supposed to go on clearance, whoever programs the system messed up.

I'm going to say this and run, because I'll probably get blasted for even suggesting it and sounding all "evil" or whatever. But I'm going to say it anyway:

You know, if you REALLY wanted the Xbox 360 version for 44.98, it can be done.

That's all I'm saying. And I'm away.

Picked last one at Long Beach Target, $ 48.69 OTD.

I don't really want the Head Coach and called GS and BBV for TIV but they don't have it yet. I have to wait until the release date next week.

bread's done
Back