Madden NFL 2009 Collector's Edition [PS3] - $44.98 ($62.98) on Clearance at Target

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - Yes
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - Yes
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No
Fairfield, NJ - No
Greenville - NC - No
Whittier, CA - No
Pacoima - CA - Yes
Schaumberg, Chicago - Yes
Falls Church, VA - No
Buffalo, NY - No
North Bergen, NJ - No
Edgewater, NY - No
South Plainfield, NJ - Yes
Champaign, IL - Yes
Commack, NY - No
Central Islip - No
Las Vegas, NV - No
Fenton, MO - No
Louisville, KY - Yes
Mechanisburg, PA - Yes
Pembroke Pines, FL - Yes
Hollywood, FL - No
Davie, FL - Yes
Chula Vista, CA - Yes
Plaza Bonita, CA - No
Appleton, WI - Yes
Chantilly, VA - Yes
Ridgedale, MN - Yes
Burbank, CA - No
Van Nuy North, CA - No
Van Nuy, CA - No
Northridge, CA - No
Glendale, CA - No
Waukesha, WI - Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VerbalKint']anyone pick up an extra one they want to sell? I'd pay for shipping of course[/QUOTE]
there are a few left in my area. i will pick them up for anyone who wants one.

@ the price of the $44.98 + tax ($47.47) + shipping.

email or pm if interested

[quote name='nosajs']there are a few left in my area. i will pick them up for anyone who wants one.

@ the price of the $44.98 + tax ($47.47) + shipping.

email or pm if interested[/quote]

PM'd

$44.98 confirmed at the Chantilly, VA Target. There are 4 copies left, on the clearance rack near the toy section.

I found them at the Ridgedale MN location but they were at $62 not $45. They had 2-3 left though if anyone is interested. I had also checked Plymouth and they were out.

How the hell can they decide to clear out a game, let alone a popular one after three weeks? Not that I'm complaining, but a lot of Target's policies don't make much sense to me.

[quote name='Decker']How the hell can they decide to clear out a game, let alone a popular one after three weeks? Not that I'm complaining, but a lot of Target's policies don't make much sense to me.[/quote]

13 days actually...which is completely mind-blowing. I've heard speculation that the PS3 version was not selling well...that they needed to clear shelf space in their PS3 section...but whatever the reason may be, I am extremely thankful for it. Madden 09 and Head Coach 09 on a next gen system for $45 less than two weeks after release? Are you kidding me? I would have laughed in your face if you would have told me that was going to happen at the beggining of the month.

44.98 price confirmed at Rio Rancho, NM location with 1 left. The lady called a manager to confirm the price because it had just come out a few weeks ago. Not sure about other targets in the greater Albuquerque area.

F me, they had it at the Lee's Summit, MO target for 44.xx but just sold out. Independence, MO Target has it for $62.xx. Success they have them at the Belton Store, going to head there now, she wouldn't tell me how many they had left. I'll let you guys know in the KC area as soon as I get back.

[quote name='Decker']How the hell can they decide to clear out a game, let alone a popular one after three weeks? Not that I'm complaining, but a lot of Target's policies don't make much sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Target: We do really dumb shit to save you money.

I would be willing to bet in another couple weeks, this will happen with the 360 version as well.

You've gotta think they will want to get rid of them for the holiday season as there are a lot of games coming out (including the individual version of Head Coach,) and Target will want to clear the space.

I really don't even understand why places like Target carry Collector's Editions of games. Most of the people who will pay that $90 aren't going to Target, they're going to EBGames/Best Buy, somewhere like that.

Sucks that it's not for the 360, but I bet in a few weeks we'll be able to get in on this deal too.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']
Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

[/quote]

The store inventory check had worked for previous items but isn't proving reliable for this one. Went to a store to check on price this morning but the item was no longer in the lockcase and price tag on shelf had been replaced; item was visually verified to be in stock last night. Price scanner showed item price was only 25% off though ($67.49) and stockroom had no copies. Went online 15 minutes later to check store inventory and it said store had item as "Available" (and not as "Limited Availability") so the store should have had 3 or more copies in stock. Not sure why there was a discrepancy but it was a bummer and wasted drive.

I picked up a copy for $45 at the Mays Landing, NJ Target.

There were three left (two in the case, one in the clearance endcap).

Hope this helps someone!

Confirmed at Manassas West location. $44.98 and there were 3 copies left. You gotta wonder why the clearance. I mean wonder why while you're buying the game. BTW, they also had dark sector for PS3 marked clearance for $19.98. Happy Hunting guys.

I called Target in Newburgh NY, and they have it, but he wouldn't while on the phone check the price with a scanner. I don't wanna drive all the way out there...dammit. Alright that was a change over fast. Middletown NY is @ 62.98

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking about picking this up at the local Target since they still have a few. Can anyone tell me how the game is packaged. I know it comes in a big metal can, but is there a normal case for madden and for NFL head coach inside the case?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I am thinking about picking this up at the local Target since they still have a few. Can anyone tell me how the game is packaged. I know it comes in a big metal can, but is there a normal case for madden and for NFL head coach inside the case?[/quote]

Actually, it comes in a thick, cardboard case, and unfortunately, there aren't separate cases for the games.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I am thinking about picking this up at the local Target since they still have a few. Can anyone tell me how the game is packaged. I know it comes in a big metal can, but is there a normal case for madden and for NFL head coach inside the case?[/QUOTE]

There is no metal can at all with this release. It's a thick cardboard box with a plastic sleeve around it. The game discs are attached to a plastic holder which is glued to the cardboard box which unfolds like a book. So, you don't get a green individual case like you would if you bought the regular edition of both games. Having said that, the CE case is pretty cool.

Alright for the Kansas City MO cags:

-Lee's Summit had it for $44.xx but sold out
-Independence has it for $62.98
-Belton has it for $44.xx and has 3 copies left. The attendant looked pretty surpised but I'm really excited. Thanks OP.

Target in Ann Arbor (Carpenter Rd) had one for $44.98. Since I ended up only having to pay $10 at the dentist, I bought it.

Funny thing was the clerk trying sell me the regular version for full price with the collectors' edition sitting right next too it. He was surprised to see the clearance sticker on it.

Another update from the KC area (Kansas side) Overland Park at 135th had one copy at the $45 price, but I own it now...

Generally all the Kansas area Targets clearance price the same, so I would imagine that all have it at this price. Happy hunting!

Got the last one at the Richmond, VA location near Chesterfield Town Center, had no clearance tag and was still on the shelf marked $89.99, but I asked a clerk to check the price in the system, and sure enough, was $44.98. Don't give up if it's not marked at the price you want, might be worth waiting a couple minutes for a red shirt to run a price check. Hope this helps.

Went to a couple of Targets in the Bay Area today.

Palo Alto: They had 2 copies left and I grabbed one. It was priced at $62.88. I know it was a little high and was not the $44.98 price but I figured grab it and if anything, I can return it.

Sunnyvale: They had NO copies left. However, I asked one of the associates to see how much it would ring up and sure enough, it was $44.98. So, I went over to customer service and did a return and rebuy. Sure enough, they let me do it and I got it at the $44.98 price.

It's $44.98 in Sunnyvale and in other places in the Bay, it's $62.88. However, try going to Sunnyvale or another Target and see if they let you do a return/rebuy. I guess I was lucky. :applause:

--Michael

menomonee Falls wi target had it for 62.98 3 left after my copy! and i think west allis target said it was 59.99 i couldnt exactly hear the person who answered the phone tho.....

[quote name='slingload']$62.98 at the Fair Lakes Target in Fairfax, VA
$44.98 in Gainsville, VA[/quote]

If you are by Fairfax, they have it $44.98 at the Chantilly Crossing Target 5 minutes away.

[quote name='Miz-Zou']Alright for the Kansas City MO cags:

-Lee's Summit had it for $44.xx but sold out
-Independence has it for $62.98
-Belton has it for $44.xx and has 3 copies left. The attendant looked pretty surpised but I'm really excited. Thanks OP.[/quote]

The I-35 and Chouteau Target is sold out as well. I stopped by there after work hoping to snag one but no such luck...

Any word on the Target by Metro North Mall, Zona Rosa, or Liberty?

As of 8PM EST 8/25, 1 left at Target, Edgewater NJ $44.98.

I think this one is Deal of The Year..how can it not be?

bread's done
Back