Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

wasurenai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='admiralvic']Correct.[/QUOTE]

That is excellent! I just might hop on that, I don't have cable and this would be PERFECT reason to still not have cable lol

My contract with DirecTv needs to be renewed this year so I'm hoping to get NFL Ticket for either really cheap or possibly even free. I got it free two years ago and being a Seahawk fan that was a pretty bad year to get it haha. This year I'd LOVE to have it, was offered $25/m last year but turned it down and I think it would take being a little lower to get me to do it this year.

Locking you in to a second year at full prices sounds very DirecTv-ish though because that's generally what they do with their contracts anyway...extending that to NFL Ticket is too far fetched.

This is not a deal if you are not a DirecTv subscriber already.

I have been a DirecTv subscriber every year for the last six years. I have purchased Sunday Ticket for the last 4 years as well.

Usually about the beginning of August DirecTv starts a huge media campaign trying to get new subscribers and says something like this, "Join now and get Sunday Ticket Max for free for the first year. This is our best deal all year." Or something really close to that. It requires a 2 year contract with DirecTv which is is their standard deal anyway so mine as well get free Sunday Ticket.

This campaign starts right after I get my renewal notice for $299 divided in 6 easy installments.

I immediately call DirecTv every year after I see these ads and say WTF! I have been your subscriber for 6 years and I don't get anything extra. I say I'm going to cancel Sunday Ticket or sometimes even say I cancelling my service outright so I get the new subscriber rate.

Immediately get at least 1/2 off Sunday Ticket Max ~$150 over six easy payments and sometimes some extra credit for HD or DVR service for year and I don't resign a new contract. (Rinse and Repeat)

So if you aren't a DirecTv subscriber and are considering this deal because you are going to switch to DirecTv anyway you are wasting $40 because they'll give you Sunday Ticket anyways.

Now if you are a DirecTv subscriber then paying $40 for Sunday Ticket Max is a no-brainer as long as no new contract is required. The best deal I ever get is about half price so you would still be saving about $100.

If a new contract is required for existing subscribers then I would say you shouldn't do this deal to save a $100 because if you sign a contract you lose all leverage with DirecTv. Especially if you want to upgrade your receivers in the future. I have to admit I have had 2 DVR's go south in the last year due to Hard Driver Failures. I pay the $6 monthly service plan so I don't have to renew to get replacement boxes, but if I wanted to upgrade to newer models in the future is when I'm going to agree to a new contract.

Just found a link already for new subscribers.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conte..._0_0_0&AID=10552802&PID=4485850&CMP=BAC-PG-CJ

Hope that helps anyone considering DirecTv or existing subscribers to get Sunday Ticket

[quote name='shakespeare']The killer is that your are locked in to buy the sunday ticket the following year...and to try to get out of it after that will be a pain in arse based on personal experience. I can't count how many times I had to call to drop the service after I was charged for it over and over. I love DTV but the NFL ticket....another story.[/QUOTE]

You are not locked into Sunday Ticket for 2 years. You're locked into DirecTv for 2 years and they sign you up for auto renewal of Sunday Ticket, but you can cancel Sunday Ticket. They'll offer you some deal to stay with Sunday Ticket another year.

Still not up on Amazon so I don't have official terms and conditions yet. If anyone here has the T&C or any other sourced information about this deal (other than DirecTV's usual shady business practices), please let me know and I'll edit it into the OP.

If this works for the PS3 version, I would totally buy a PS3 just to get Sunday Ticket... I'll wait and see when the T&C comes out for sure. Plenty of time to pre order and cancel before the release...

So what else is included in this Anniversary Edition, from what I read it's the game and some digital bonus content for $100?... I don't see how the NFL Sunday Ticket is free at that price, because just some bonus digital content is definitely not worth an additional $40; though it is a huge discount off the NFL Sunday Ticket package.

Though Direct TV offers NFL Sunday Ticket to new subscribers anyway, and if you're already a subscriber you can't use this offer; not to mention paying $100 for a Madden game that you can trade into Gamestop for $1 when next years edition comes out lol

Am I the only person that has found NFL Red Zone makes Sunday ticket pointless. My cable gives you NFL, NBA, and NHL TV plus Red Zone as well as all those college channels for a whopping $5 more a month. Paying for any of those tickets just seems crazy. I would go have a beer at a bar before paying those prices. Some people are really Die Hard fans.

Red Zone *is* great. But when your favorite team is playing the 1pm early game, and there are 9 or 10 early games that week, sometimes you get very little coverage of your team. Especially if they play a low-scoring game.

But I agree, I wouldn't pay $300/year for Sunday Ticket since I get Red Zone for $5/month. But if I got Sunday Ticket for FREE? That would be a different story.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Am I the only person that has found NFL Red Zone makes Sunday ticket pointless. My cable gives you NFL, NBA, and NHL TV plus Red Zone as well as all those college channels for a whopping $5 more a month. Paying for any of those tickets just seems crazy. I would go have a beer at a bar before paying those prices. Some people are really Die Hard fans.[/QUOTE]

Nah because the "bigger name" games always take precedence and it seems like they're never on the game I want them to be. It's cool but not a replacement for actually watching my game. Usually I keep my team's game and then redzone on the "back/prev" channel to go back and forth.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']How is this not an awesome deal for someone who wants the ticket without subscribing to DirectTV? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

yes you are...the only way you get sunday ticket without having to subscribe to directtv is if you are someone who cannot receive their signal. From the promo's fine print:

1. For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='caltab']yes you are...the only way you get sunday ticket without having to subscribe to directtv is if you are someone who cannot receive their signal. From the promo's fine print:

1. For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up. I was going to jump all over this deal, in order to watch my Eagles but now it seems I may have to pass. How do you find out if you can't receive DirecTV?

My issue is number 2 is confusing. If I already have DTV and STM then what the hell is Madden 25 giving me? I am a DTV subscriber but not a STM subscriber so I am not referenced in those three categories listed. Am I missing something?

I'm also confused. Seems to me if you HAVE Directv -- but don't subscribe to Sunday Ticket -- then there's nothing here for you.

It's either for --
a. new subs
b. people who don't have directv and can't get it
c. directv subscribers who already have Sunday Ticket

Unless I'm missing something?

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']To me, it sounds like -- in regards to #2 -- then if you

a) have Directv
b) DON'T have ST

then you are getting the "mobile" ST version for pc/phone/tablet as part of the deal.[/QUOTE]

But that doesn't make any sense, as Sunday Ticket Max is the UPGRADED version of Sunday Ticket. You already get to watch games on your smartphone/tablet with that. So, like hoofrog says...if you had "DirecTV AND STM", as #2 explicitly states, this $100 edition of Madden would appear to be a complete waste.

The scenario that none of the points seem to address though is the one that you're suggesting (which honestly, would seem to apply to many people) where you have DirecTV...but you don't subscribe to Sunday Ticket. They don't talk about that at all...which leads me to believe that there's some bad info being thrown around with this promotion, and that there are still some details that need to be hammered out.

So I'm already a DTV customer. Number 2 Confuses me. Do I get access on my tv and tablet even though I'm not a Sunday ticket subscriber? Because that line doesn't really make and since the way it reads. Nfl Max already gives access like that, so why list you can access it that way like its something extra?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']But that doesn't make any sense, as Sunday Ticket Max is the UPGRADED version of Sunday Ticket. You already get to watch games on your smartphone/tablet with that. So, like hoofrog says...if you had "DirecTV AND STM", as #2 explicitly states, this $100 edition of Madden would appear to be a complete waste.

The scenario that none of the points seem to address though is the one that you're suggesting (which honestly, would seem to apply to many people) where you have DirecTV...but you don't subscribe to Sunday Ticket. They don't talk about that at all...which leads me to believe that there's some bad info being thrown around with this promotion, and that there are still some details that need to be hammered out.[/QUOTE]

I fixed my post. I'm totally confused and apologize. lol.

I have Directv, but not Sunday Ticket, so that's what I'm interested in...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']...which leads me to believe that there's some bad info being thrown around with this promotion, and that there are still some details that need to be hammered out.[/QUOTE]

Or what most of us ate already thinking, it's just a worthless promo worded to push sales if this edition. They are going to say the DTV offer is not the reason to buy this edition, the cards are. And will say this is for new people only. We are fools to think directv would give away for basically free what they sell for $300+, and there main reason to get subscribers...

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I fixed my post. I'm totally confused and apologize. lol.

I have Directv, but not Sunday Ticket, so the more I see it, it seems there's nothing here for me.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I saw that you figured it out on your own right before I posted. Honestly, that's why I think something is wrong here. It doesn't make any sense to completely ignore a large group of their customer base that is already "halfway there" in terms of being able to get Sunday Ticket. And then turn around and advertise to a group that doesn't need anything from this deal. I'd put money on it that some of the terms are wrong.

from the fine print.....Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

This makes it sound as if you aren't "forced" to subscribe to direct tv, but if you can receive it you are also able to get the $10 off per month promo. If you are given a code, as stated above, I don't see how this would be enforced upon signing up for the trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

I think this is being used get DMV subscribers, so the language is deliberately opaque, but when the time comes there will be a way to get this for free. I'm going to pre- order it now, and when it's about to come out see if this is the case. I can always cancel the pre-order.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And then turn around and advertise to a group that doesn't need anything from this deal.[/QUOTE]

Right, so there's no benefit at all there then? I don't have ST -- I got it free once a couple of years ago just for all the years we've had Directv -- but I couldn't imagine the "mobile" version isn't something ST subscribers already have access to.

I'll put in a preorder anyway, but obviously will cancel if I find out it's dead in the water for me lol

mobile version is Sunday Ticket Max which is an additional $100 at least. My assumption is when we enter the code for the mobile version, existing subscribers will be able to attach their login to it and be giving the ST MAX version for free.

[quote name='jonboy71']from the fine print.....Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

This makes it sound as if you aren't "forced" to subscribe to direct tv, but if you can receive it you are also able to get the $10 off per month promo. If you are given a code, as stated above, I don't see how this would be enforced upon signing up for the trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.[/QUOTE]

The promo code would tie the two of them together.

For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, AND one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

You don't get the free one year without signing up for the first year of service at $10 off per month. I'm not saying it might not be what you're thinking, but that's not how it's worded. Those terms make it sound very much like it's a package deal. They're not going to give you the free year (which really, it's a discounted year...since you're paying $40 over MSRP for the game), unless you're committing something to them in return.

[quote name='jonboy71']mobile version is Sunday Ticket Max which is an additional $100 at least. My assumption is when we enter the code for the mobile version, existing subscribers will be able to attach their login to it and be giving the ST MAX version for free.[/QUOTE]

I think I get what you're trying to say, but #2 describes people who already have STM. Again, what people are deciphering for themselves could be right. But that isn't what it says.

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3752/~/what-is-nfl-sunday-ticket-max?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']So realistically its more like, buy madden 25 and get a two year commitment to NFL sunday ticket at a 50% discount. Liars.[/QUOTE]

LOL...this sounds much more plausible.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']So realistically its more like, buy madden 25 and get a two year commitment to NFL sunday ticket at a 50% discount. Liars.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for breaking it down !!

DirecTV has been good to me, but they do have a habit of offering bonus incentives for new subscribers with no regard for their current customers. See: Genie receiver.

Technically if you preorder it from Amazon and receive the game and realize that the NFL Sunday Ticket offer is a sham you can return it to Amazon using the (different from website description) return option. I think that would be the only way to get a refund for it if this turns out to be a shit deal. I did that when Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault:ps3: came out.

couldnt you use an excuse and say your landlord wont allow direct tv to fall into the cant recieve category and then just get the nfl sunday ticket through the ps3 without signing up for direct tv and if not couldnt you just call and cancel your direct tv subscription after the nfl season is over

[quote name='stabito']couldnt you use an excuse and say your landlord wont allow direct tv to fall into the cant recieve category and then just get the nfl sunday ticket through the ps3 without signing up for direct tv and if not couldnt you just call and cancel your direct tv subscription after the nfl season is over[/QUOTE]

The offer does not mention console use only computers, tablets or mobile devices.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The promo code would tie the two of them together.

For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, AND one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

You don't get the free one year without signing up for the first year of service at $10 off per month. I'm not saying it might not be what you're thinking, but that's not how it's worded. Those terms make it sound very much like it's a package deal. They're not going to give you the free year (which really, it's a discounted year...since you're paying $40 over MSRP for the game), unless you're committing something to them in return.

I think I get what you're trying to say, but #2 describes people who already have STM. Again, what people are deciphering for themselves could be right. But that isn't what it says.

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3752/~/what-is-nfl-sunday-ticket-max?[/QUOTE]

It is also worded to say that the codes are separate. I don't see how they could charge well over retail for something that is listed on the front cover an an exclusive offer to certain people who buy only this limited edition on amazon. i see what you're saying is worst case scenario and what I'm thinking is best case scenario. At any rate, I am pre ordering and if I find out the code can't be used, then I will return it. I can't have Direct TV regardless, so I'm not anticipating any problems.

[quote name='stabito']couldnt you use an excuse and say your landlord wont allow direct tv to fall into the cant recieve category and then just get the nfl sunday ticket through the ps3 without signing up for direct tv and if not couldnt you just call and cancel your direct tv subscription after the nfl season is over[/QUOTE]

Sure, you can cancel it if you want to pay a huge early termination fee.

Someone on Twitter asked an ESPN writer -- who just wrote about this deal on the ESPN site -- and he says if you have Directv, it's good even if you DON'T have a Sunday Ticket subscription. This is also in the guy's article --

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4824/new-madden-includes-nfl-sunday-ticket

One way or another we'll get to the bottom of it. lol

Also, they said only 50,000 are being sold so it might actually sell out. Maybe not quickly but who knows.

[quote name='jonboy71']It is also worded to say that the codes are separate. I don't see how they could charge well over retail for something that is listed on the front cover an an exclusive offer to certain people who buy only this limited edition on amazon. i see what you're saying is worst case scenario and what I'm thinking is best case scenario. At any rate, I am pre ordering and if I find out the code can't be used, then I will return it. I can't have Direct TV regardless, so I'm not anticipating any problems.[/QUOTE]

The over retail part is for the cards. This is going to be a huge PR issue for directv unless the silence it now. Otherwise they might actually have to give it free to silence the false advertisements and such. Although "special off" does make the idea of new customers seem legit. That's the wording they use,for all the new customer promos.

I honestly don't think that's the case unless you opt for the subscription and the $10 off. I could be wrong, but can't see why they'd charge $100 for a game with minimal bonus content other than this offer.

Also, the last 2 years Direct TV has provided NFL Sunday ticket to new subscribers for free. Therefore, this bonus as some are interpreting it, is no better than what you can get by going to Direct TV directly. My guess is they are going to do it again this year, as if you call them and tell them you are moving and opt for another 2 year contract, they will again throw in NFL Sunday ticket MAX for free. I just did this, but unfortunately I can't get Direct TV at my new condo. There must be some value added to this $100 version of Madden and I personally feel those who opt for the mobile device only version will be able to take advantage of that without any type of contract.

lol...people are really starting to reach with this one. It says "fans unable to receive DirecTV service". I really doubt that means living in a place where you're not permitted to have it. If that worked, kids could use the argument that their parents won't let them get DirecTV either. Unfortunately, a lot of times, when you live in an apartment, you fall into the "tough shit" category. I could be wrong, but it would seem like a hell of a lot of extra involvement from them to prove that you're "not allowed to have satellite".

[quote name='jonboy71']It is also worded to say that the codes are separate. I don't see how they could charge well over retail for something that is listed on the front cover an an exclusive offer to certain people who buy only this limited edition on amazon. i see what you're saying is worst case scenario and what I'm thinking is best case scenario. At any rate, I am pre ordering and if I find out the code can't be used, then I will return it. I can't have Direct TV regardless, so I'm not anticipating any problems.[/QUOTE]

I see where it mentions codes twice now.

Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

You could be right. The "for eligible gamers" part seems questionable though. Honestly, looking at that again, I'm not really sure where people were getting the "2 years of Sunday Ticket" theory from. To me, it reads like (worst case scenario) is to get your free Sunday Ticket, you'd be required to sign up for DirecTV for one year, but with a $10 a month discount. Maybe some people were thinking the discount was for the 2nd year of Sunday Ticket? But "first year of service" seems to be referencing DirecTV as a whole. So, you'd get a $10 a month discount on your DTV bill, and free Sunday Ticket. I guess that would also differentiate it from the regular promo that DTV does for Sunday Ticket, in offering people who buy Madden the $10 a month discount. Again, just speculating...but at least trying to speculate on the black and white words as they are written.

Went ahead and preordered the :ps3: version but I will return it to Amazon if I receive the game and realize that the NFL Sunday Ticket offer is a sham and use the (different from website description) return option. I think that would be the only way to get a refund for it if this turns out to be a shit deal. I did that when Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault:ps3: came out.

you can get nfl sunday ticket in with out direct tv i have had it for two years now and direct tv is in my area you just get a sub that can only be used on computers and now ps3 and apps. i live in packers market. so people saying you can't use this offer if your not in area that can get direct tv is false. if the thing was only made wheir you can't get direct tv they would have not wasted their time in making the product when it came out two years ago.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you can get nfl sunday ticket in with out direct tv i have had it for two years now and direct tv is in my area you just get a sub that can only be used on computers and now ps3 and apps. i live in packers market. so people saying you can't use this offer if your not in area that can get direct tv is false. if the thing was only made wheir you can't get direct tv they would have not wasted their time in making the product when it came out two years ago.[/QUOTE]

I guess the fine print on Amazon is false then...the fact you paid 3-400 bucks to get Sunday ticket on your PS3 is irrelevant to this specific offer. I doubt Direct tv is going to give away the most vital part of their service for free without some kind of catch. If I am wrong, this would be one of the best video game deals ever.

I'll repost the fine print for you:

So, I don't have DirectTV and don't plan on getting it, my apartment complex only allows Brighthouse Networks (I live in Florida). So would I be able to get the code to use on my computer? If so, I will get this. Please if you know the answer, send me a reply! Thanks, lol

[quote name='caltab']I guess the fine print on Amazon is false then...the fact you paid 3-400 bucks to get Sunday ticket on your PS3 is irrelevant to this specific offer.

I'll repost the fine print for you:

3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.[/QUOTE]

i told them two years ago i could not get direc tv becasue i lived in a partment that only allowed cable and they let me buy sunday ticket for computer and apps and ps3 only. thye only care about hte money but this might not work on this free deal

bread's done
Back