Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

wasurenai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerDude316']So, I assume that, as a 360 owner who doesn't have DTV, I can't really get in on this deal, right?[/QUOTE]

it works on your computer not just ps3

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']don't forget you also get 70 dollers worth of mut cards for free so even if direct tv don't work it's a must buy for mut players[/QUOTE]

Lets be honest. No one is buying this because of the Madden Ultimate Team content. They will buy it because of the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i told them two years ago i could not get direc tv becasue i lived in a partment that only allowed cable and they let me buy sunday ticket for computer and apps and ps3 only. thye only care about hte money but this might not work on this free deal[/QUOTE]

Your experience is exactly what people have been saying in this thread- to get sunday ticket you have to get a subscription to directtv unless you don't have access to it.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Lets be honest. No one is buying this because of the Madden Ultimate Team content. They will buy it because of the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion.[/QUOTE]

i know alot of people buying it for mut cards seeing they already have and pay for sunday ticket. for players that play mut everytime they play madden and spend hundreds on cards 70 bucks worth of cards that will include highest carsd possible every week of season it's a big deal it's like saving 30 bucks on cards. i plan on selling my sunday ticket codes if it's possible once i get them for like 250 bucks.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']don't forget you also get 70 dollers worth of mut cards for free so even if direct tv don't work it's a must buy for mut players[/QUOTE]

Normally, I'd agree with this as a big selling point, but right now, I don't even know how you can legitimately assess the value of MUT cards. I mean, I understand they're basing it on what it would cost you to buy that many packs.

But the way they changed MUT from 12 to 13 just totally turned me off. The cards themselves were worth way less and the collections were way bigger and consisted of more rare cards. It's like getting the 3 common railroads in McDonald's Monopoly and saying that you "almost won", lol.

I subscribed to EA's Season Ticket last year for this same reason. But after being completely disappointed with the changes (and the obvious even BIGGER focus on spending your own money), I'm not even considering it this year. I'll try MUT out again, but if like it was in 13, I'll move on to something else very quickly.

[quote name='caltab']Your experience is exactly what people have been saying in this thread- to get sunday ticket you have to get a subscription to directtv unless you don't have access to it.[/QUOTE]

that's the thing every place in u.s has access to the sats of direct tv. i really think when they mean that they are talking about no way to hook up direct tv in their building. How will direct tv know if you have access or not make a direct tv worker drive to the address and check lol no.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Lets be honest. No one is buying this because of the Madden Ultimate Team content. They will buy it because of the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion.[/QUOTE]

You are a liar, sir. These are collectors editions!! Only a select few will be able to get there hands on them. Once they sell out, there will never be a way to get them again!!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Normally, I'd agree with this as a big selling point, but right now, I don't even know how you can legitimately assess the value of MUT cards. I mean, I understand they're basing it on what it would cost you to buy that many packs.

But the way they changed MUT from 12 to 13 just totally turned me off. The cards themselves were worth way less and the collections were way bigger and consisted of more rare cards. It's like getting the 3 common railroads in McDonald's Monopoly and saying that you "almost won", lol.

I subscribed to EA's Season Ticket last year for this same reason. But after being completely disappointed with the changes (and the obvious even BIGGER focus on spending your own money), I'm not even considering it this year. I'll try MUT out again, but if like it was in 13, I'll move on to something else very quickly.[/QUOTE]

i kind of agree and how they make you get the legends in mut before you can use them in connectied careers is just plain awful thing for them to do. it's pretty much if you want to play as someone in CC you have to spend money in hopes in getting them. I think for me im a big card collecter so i enjoy evey ea sports games with mut and can't wait to play it in ncaa football 14.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']that's the thing every place in u.s has access to the sats of direct tv. i really think when they mean that they are talking about no way to hook up direct tv in their building. How will direct tv know if you have access or not make a direct tv worker drive to the address and check lol no.[/QUOTE]

Some people who live in apartments or downtown in big cities legitimately don't have access- I am pretty sure thats the people they are talking about. Lying about your ability to get directtv would be committing fraud and shouldn't be discussed here, just like return fraud.

[quote name='adamgould']You are a liar, sir. These are collectors editions!! Only a select few will be able to get there hands on them. Once they sell out, there will never be a way to get them again!![/QUOTE]

as a big football fan and madden fan i have got every collectors editions ever came out i know 20th anv one i got in a box so it don't gather dust.

[quote name='caltab']Some people who live in apartments or downtown in big cities legitimately don't have access- I am pretty sure thats the people they are talking about. Lying about your ability to get directtv would be committing fraud and shouldn't be discussed here, just like return fraud.[/QUOTE

i gave them my street address and everything and told them it was apartment and my landlord will not allow me to get direct tv they said it was ok after they contacted landlord. it's not fraud. plus i know people that live in nyc downtown that has direct tv. you do know direct tv has new tech works just as good as sat radio

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i gave them my street address and everything and told them it was apartment and my landlord will not allow me to get direct tv they said it was ok after they contacted landlord. it's not fraud. plus i know people that live in nyc downtown that has direct tv. you do know direct tv has new tech works just as good as sat radio[/QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see how they handle that. I get that people are hopeful that that's what it means. But damn, that just seems like it would be so much legwork for DTV to verify that each address was an apartment or wasn't "allowed" to have satellite. Why in the hell would they sign up for that extra work?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It'll be interesting to see how they handle that. I get that people are hopeful that that's what it means. But damn, that just seems like it would be so much legwork for DTV to verify that each address was an apartment or wasn't "allowed" to have satellite. Why in the hell would they sign up for that extra work?[/QUOTE]

that's the thing. Maybe their is small number of these editions that would make it easy for them to find out. Plus ea and direct tv would get tons of backlash if no one that gets this edition can use it without getting direct tv. in order for them to know if you can get their service or not they would have to have a worker come out and go on your roof and test the sat signal that will not happen.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB'][quote name='caltab']Some people who live in apartments or downtown in big cities legitimately don't have access- I am pretty sure thats the people they are talking about. Lying about your ability to get directtv would be committing fraud and shouldn't be discussed here, just like return fraud.[/QUOTE

i gave them my street address and everything and told them it was apartment and my landlord will not allow me to get direct tv they said it was ok after they contacted landlord. it's not fraud. plus i know people that live in nyc downtown that has direct tv. you do know direct tv has new tech works just as good as sat radio[/QUOTE]

I was referring to this part of your statement:

How will direct tv know if you have access or not make a direct tv worker drive to the address and check lol no.

[quote name='caltab'][quote name='TimboSliceGB']

I was referring to this part of your statement:

How will direct tv know if you have access or not make a direct tv worker drive to the address and check lol no.[/QUOTE]

that is a legit thing. do you really think direct tv would do this if it would cause them un needed man hours? unless their are limited amount of these things i don't think direct tv would sign up for a thing that could make them go to say like 100 k houses to check to see if it's ava or not. we will not find out what how they handle this till we get the game aug 27th.

Thought about this deal for about a second, since I love my DirecTV service.
But I really hardly ever stay inside on Sunday afternoons to watch TV. Plus the Giants are on network TV a fair amount of time anyway, so I've never felt like I've needed Sunday Ticket before.

Now if a Center Ice deal ever pops up like this....
I can't live without my Center Ice.

All answers are on EA's website here http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/anniversary-edition

Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?
No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?
This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.

So probably a really dumb dumb question, but it says you unlock it on computer, tablet and mobile devices. Does this mean I wont have access through DirecTV itself (meaning through the satellite receiver to the TV)?

[quote name='ynocturnal']All answers are on EA's website here http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/anniversary-edition

Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?
No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?
This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.[/QUOTE]

LOL...well, there you go. Good and shitty news delivered in one fell swoop. Par for the course, EA.

That's nice on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. I can always use HDMI or Apple TV for big screen. Might lost on resolution but at least it's on big screen.

First question on EA's page asks one of the most pertinent questions

~ What constitutes an "eligible gamer"?

Another key question is, what sort of contract do new DirecTV subscribers have to lock themselves into to get the free year of Sunday Ticket Max? 2 years I'd presume. And doesn't every new subscriber contract come with the first year free of Sunday Ticket Max anyway (or is it just regular old Sunday Ticket, without the Redzone channel and other stuff)? Unless this allows you to sign up for some sort of DirecTV package that doesn't include the free year of ST/STM automatically, then use the code to get the free year without being locked in/on the hook for a second year of ST/STM, which would really make this a damn good deal (not to mention the MUT cards and the $10 off bonus for first year of DirecTV subscription.

Current DirecTV subscribers who have Sunday Ticket Max get next to nothing though, nothing additional outside of the $100 STM upgrade to get it on computer/tablet/mobile, which apparently you can get for free anyway just by calling into DirecTV and bitching/complaining (at least according to anon internet reports, so take that for what you will).

The "eligible gamers" who "can't get DirecTV" potentially get one hell of a deal though, particularly if that code for PC/tablet/mobile devices does in fact work on PS3s - while EA states clearly that it does not, apparently these codes worked previously on the PS3 for the 2011 and 2012 seasons, so despite the statement to the contrary and a highly unlikely probability, one could always hope based on past precedent...

EDIT: this is definitely a very tempting deal to break up and part out the codes/cards etc. that one doesn't want or can't use.

This is a dumb, deceptive deal, and all the news outlets are falling for it, as will the consumers. They're going to be shocked next year when they get stuck with a bill for the full price of the Sunday Ticket, which is highway robbery.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']This is a dumb, deceptive deal, and all the news outlets are falling for it, as will the consumers. They're going to be shocked next year when they get stuck with a bill for the full price of the Sunday Ticket, which is highway robbery.[/QUOTE]

did you not just read on ea website you don't need to subscirbe to get the free year of sunday ticket

ea still did not say what is "poeple unable to get dtv service" it's possible .005 percent of buyers of this edition will not get anything free. i guess we will not know anything till game is out and trying to get the package. For me it's no big deal seeing you still get 70 dollers worth of mut cards. to be honest i could very well see issues going on with this if they do say just about everyone that gets it can't get anything for free seeing they all can get service. This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen if that's the case.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']did you not just read on ea website you don't need to subscirbe to get the free year of sunday ticket[/QUOTE]

Link?

From all I've read and what it says in the OP, op don't have to subscribe to direct TV but you have to sign up for a second year of the web-based sunday ticket

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']Link?

From all I've read and what it says in the OP, op don't have to subscribe to direct TV but you have to sign up for a second year of the web-based sunday ticket[/QUOTE]

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/anniversary-edition

In the OP, it states:

"The fine print on that “free year of Sunday Ticket” deal, is that you are forced to pay for it the following year at full price because they lock your into an agreement"

Where does it say that exactly? Or if anyone wants to answer, what would happen to someone who lives in an area where DirecTV is available, but isn't on DirecTV?

I feel like this whole thing is just trying to be confusing intentionally. All I see is that 17 weeks trial though...

Yes, that is specifically for signing up for the Direct TV subscription. You still have to sign up for a second year of the mobile Sunday Ticket. Check the OP, and see the "trial" wording on the question there.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']Yes, that is specifically for signing up for the Direct TV subscription. You still have to sign up for a second year of the mobile Sunday Ticket. Check the OP, and see the "trial" wording on the question there.[/QUOTE]

So the trial language just means you have to sign up for a second year at full cost? Are we suppose to imply that?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']trial don't always mean you have to sign up for 2nd year :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

That's what I was assuming at first. Where is this 2nd year thing coming from?

i know that new direct tv subs are in contract for it but not mobile people i have had it for two years sunday ticket only and never once was i put into contract.

there is no 2nd year amazon cs confirms dtv cs confirms and im trying to get ea cs to confirm as well

a notation would be required in the terms similar to free phone deals that requires a subsequent contract

im amazed how paranoid this thread has been

its like omg a good ea deal must be a trap

When you sign up for DirecTV you sign up for a 2 year deal. Don't see where it says the Sunday ticket for 2years though. Happy DirecTV customer for years . I live in Texas and must watch my Packers. $300 is nothing. After a year you can contact their retention department and they will hook you up on savings as well.

Holy crap this is very confusing...I've seen so many different thoughts on this deal. I think I'm going to get it to sign up because I was planning on getting DirecTV anyways this summer...It also says we save $10 a month for a year with the free Sunday ticket.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Holy crap this is very confusing...I've seen so many different thoughts on this deal. I think I'm going to get it to sign up because I was planning on getting DirecTV anyways this summer...It also says we save $10 a month for a year with the free Sunday ticket.[/QUOTE]

for a new subscriber dtv themselves might offer you a better deal upfront without that

This is EA we are talking about... do people REALLY think EA is going to GIVE something away for FREE?! There is always something attached to any "deal" EA provides. This is just a sham to get more subscribers for the service because they obviously have some sort of plan worked out with the Sunday Ticket provider. Utilize caution buyers... and beware of any warning signs like having to provide CC information and such.

[quote name='cjenvy']for a new subscriber dtv themselves might offer you a better deal upfront without that[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll see what they have to offer this summer before getting this. I just fear that if they don't offer me Sunday Ticket, I'll feel dumb for not jumping on this now.

[quote name='brewin']This is EA we are talking about... do people REALLY think EA is going to GIVE something away for FREE?! There is always something attached to any "deal" EA provides. This is just a sham to get more subscribers for the service because they obviously have some sort of plan worked out with the Sunday Ticket provider. Utilize caution buyers... and beware of any warning signs like having to provide CC information and such.[/QUOTE]

do you really think ea is going to use language that by law would set them AND dtv up for a 100 percent slam dunk class action suit

is the average cag really that lacking in common sense?

this and the removal of online passes is a pure pr move the only question is how much did they have to give dtv upfront on this deal

[quote name='roger watersmelon']There has to be somewhere, but I have no idea where that would be. This same thing came up when they originally announced the Sunday Ticket app for the PS3. I remember, because when I first heard about the app I was excited about being able to buy Sunday Ticket without DirectTV (and was quickly disappointed).[/QUOTE]

That's what she said

@EAMaddenNFL @Sunday_Ticket @amazongames so if i don't play MUT and don't have direct tv, &there isn't any extra content.Why but special ed?

EA SPORTS Madden NFL ‏@EAMaddenNFL 10h
@MarcRader68 Each box contains a special code to access the FULL 2013 regular season on computer, mobile and tablet devices

that pretty much means everyone will have access to sunday ticket if you have direct tv service or not :) that is our answer right their folks hury up and order only 50 k made for each system

ea tried to make it clear on their fb that when people asked tv subs they kept saying every box comes with a code to watch full season of ticket on computer,device

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah there's no way they can make people change their TV service for a promo like this. Everyone will be fine when all is said and done.[/QUOTE]

it would set up for lawsuits and easports is already in middle of a giant one for college football. No way you do a promo like this and say only way you don't have to change to direct tv service is that you can't access dtv sats. You know how much man hours direct tv would have to put aside to check to make sure that is correct lol.

bread's done
Back