Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

wasurenai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazedracerguy']Yes, but it costs $300. Read the fucking thread, then ask questions.[/QUOTE]
You want people to read ten pages of a thread for s simple question?

You're out of your mind, stop trying to help, you have a problem with it's definition.

So Madden and 17 weeks on NFL ticket on PC and iPad for $100??? IN SO HARD!! Paid $250 last year for the PSN NFL ticket and it sucked so hard some weeks.... Overall it was fun to have though. Never had nor want DTV, hell I don't even have cable just the internet.
"For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel."
PSN last year said the same exact thing, you could only buy NFL ticket if you were unable to receive service. I live in a house and the owner ME will not allow a dish although all I did was sign up through the console and start watching.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You want people to read ten pages of a thread for s simple question?

You're out of your mind, stop trying to help, you have a problem with it's definition.[/QUOTE]
Yes. It's not that hard, I just did it and I now have zero questions and have realized just how stupid everyone is after reading the same asked and answered questions a dozen times.
By now if you don't know exactly what this deal applies to and doesn't apply to then you are lazy as fuck but even still I'll sum it up for those who can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to read 10 pages.

Everyone gets a code that will work for Sunday Ticket regardless of being a DirecTV customer or not. It is only for streaming through computers, tablets, and mobile devices not through consoles. There will of course still be blacked out games. You will not be locked into a DTV contract, I don't even know where this ridiculous misinformation even came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thenutman69321']I don't even know where this ridiculous misinformation even came from.[/QUOTE]

I assume it came from typical DirecTV practices.

Nevertheless, we should now be clear on what this deal does and does not entail.

DOES:

Work on PC
Work on smartphone
Work on tablet

DOES NOT:

Work on PS3/360

[quote name='uhnsk']I pre-ordered this just so I can watch the Packers every week. I don't care how big the screen is. I'm tired of watching them through, uh, "means of questionable legality."[/QUOTE]

The site I use always has the games in good quality, which is why I'm not sure about paying just for the mobile version of Sunday Ticket. The offer here is pretty tempting, though.

So the general consensus is if you have direct tv, and dont have sunday ticket, this is a shitty deal ?

[quote name='dcm1602']So the general consensus is if you have direct tv, and dont have sunday ticket, this is a shitty deal ?[/QUOTE]

No, that hasn't been the consensus at all.

As stated both within the thread and on EA's FAQ about this deal, current DirecTV customers who do not have Sunday Ticket already can use the code included within this edition of the game for access to the online version of Sunday Ticket. It's the same as people who don't subscribe to DirecTV at all.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Yes. It's not that hard, I just did it and I now have zero questions and have realized just how stupid everyone is after reading the same asked and answered questions a dozen times.
By now if you don't know exactly what this deal applies to and doesn't apply to then you are lazy as fuck but even still I'll sum it up for those who can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to read 10 pages.

Everyone gets a code that will work for Sunday Ticket regardless of being a DirecTV customer or not. It is only for streaming through computers, tablets, and mobile devices not through consoles. There will of course still be blacked out games. You will not be locked into a DTV contract, I don't even know where this ridiculous misinformation even came from.[/QUOTE]

i'm not going to read 10 pages to answer 1 quick question. If it's a common question then there should be an FAQ in the original post. If the information is not in the first post you can't be mad at someone for not wanting to read 10 pages of irrelevant information for a quick answer.

Can someone clarify this for me

This is what nfl sunday ticket max is

"All New for 2013! Now get NFL SUNDAY TICKET at a great low price.
Want every out-of-market game, every Sunday? Not just the highlights, but every play, every hit, every catch? Only DIRECTV can bring it to you. Plus, when you upgrade to NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX, you
also get the RED ZONE CHANNEL® and every game LIVE on your computer or mobile device—now with NFL.com fantasy tracking and real time highlights. Read on for details."

And this is what you get for the annivesary edition WITH nfl max

"For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password."

Am I not understanding something ?

It sounds like with sunday ticket Max you can already do all the exact same shit

Yes. It's not that hard, I just did it and I now have zero questions and have realized just how stupid everyone is after reading the same asked and answered questions a dozen times.
By now if you don't know exactly what this deal applies to and doesn't apply to then you are lazy as but even still I'll sum it up for those who can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to read 10 pages.

Well, if we were all stupid, clearly we missed your genius IQ because for more than half of this thread, the terms weren't specifically spelled out the way they are now. That disclaimer in particular about having Directv, and not having a ST sub, was added after the fact. I even emailed EA and Amazon, and obviously they must've gotten enough feedback to specifically spell it out for everyone. However, if someone goes back and reads the beginning of this thread when we were all asking those questions, they're not going to get that and become even more confused.

So basically, what you're advising them to do is actually going to make life more difficult for them, but you seem to be the type who gets off on that...or am I wrong?

[quote name='coalminer']Indeed:

"If I already have a DIRECTV subscription, can I still get access?

If you are already a DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscriber, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password. If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, but don't receive Sunday Ticket you will be able to access NFL Sunday Ticket via mobile, tablet and computer by entering a special code included on the back of the insert in the box that will give you access to a 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices. This offer does not include access to the games through TV or console."​
[/QUOTE]

This ought to be added to the first post

[quote name='dcm1602']Can someone clarify this for me

This is what nfl sunday ticket max is

"All New for 2013! Now get NFL SUNDAY TICKET at a great low price.
Want every out-of-market game, every Sunday? Not just the highlights, but every play, every hit, every catch? Only DIRECTV can bring it to you. Plus, when you upgrade to NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX, you
also get the RED ZONE CHANNEL® and every game LIVE on your computer or mobile device—now with NFL.com fantasy tracking and real time highlights. Read on for details."

And this is what you get for the annivesary edition WITH nfl max

"For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password."

Am I not understanding something ?

It sounds like with sunday ticket Max you can already do all the exact same shit[/QUOTE]

No, you're not misunderstanding anything. The original information that was released about this promo was worded terribly. This is why people have been so confused and why so much bad info was going around. But per EA, every "eligible gamer" who buys this will get a code to watch 17 weeks of regular season NFL football on their computer, tablet, and mobile devices. They have also stated that the code will not work on consoles. But others have stated that they've said this about past codes, which HAVE worked on consoles. So, YMMV on that one.

The question of what "eligible gamer" means is unknown, but the assumption is it is people who are not able to subscribe to DirecTV. How do you prove you can't subscribe DirecTV, you ask? Again, the common sense assumption is that you won't have to because the tremendous workload this would put on DirecTV to discern whether or not each person redeeming a code is capable of receiving a satellite signal would cost them more than the promotion is worth. So, unless they have some blanket coverage map that we're all unaware of, "eligible gamer" pretty much means "any gamer".

As for the part you quoted, yes, it is basically highlighting common sense. If you're a DirecTV subscriber AND an NFL Sunday Ticket MAX subscriber, the only benefit you would receive from this edition is the Madden Ultimate Team packs. You wouldn't need the Sunday Ticket code, as you would already have everything it offers. I suppose you could sell/give it off to someone else though.

Hopefully that clears things up.

[quote name='Central Scrutinizer']Any deal involving DirecThieVes should be run away from with all possible speed. These guys are the biggest scam artists on the planet.

That "free" Sunday Ticket won't feel so free when you're paying $70-120 a month for two full years, and if you decide you want to back out of the contract, it will cost you hundreds of dollars of early termination fees.

As for the idea that you can get out of this with a $30-40 monthly satellite TV bill, good luck. My DTV bill was almost $80 a month by the time I was done adding the HD fee (at the time, if you had Sunday Ticket, you had to pay an additional $100 to get the games in high-def; not sure if they are still ripping off their customers this way or if the hidden mobile-access fee has replaced it), the DVR fee, the program packages necessary to get something other than the MTV Networks and cable news, the "it's not mandatory but really it's mandatory insurance" fee (don't pay it, and you'll be paying DTV $500 if one of their poorly made, yesterday's-tech, maybe-worth-$50 tuners breaks down on you).....basically, no matter what, you are going to be paying well over $1200, probably closer to $2000, over the course of a two-year contract.

Oh, and, it's also highly likely that the very low-paid installer will try to pad his take home pay by saying you need a pole on which to mount the dish. They'll jack the price of the install by $50-200 any way they can.

Finally, there is the "if you are unable to subscribe" caveat, which applies to people who have north-facing apartments, dorm rats, and people who live in the bottom of canyons. Maybe you'll get lucky and they won't really ask, but then, maybe they will. I doubt they care too much, because let's face it, $300 a year for a mobile streaming package isn't exactly "cheapass", is it?

Fortunately, DirecTV has decided not to pursue renewing their "exclusive" Sunday Ticket - it was costing them in the area of a billion dollars a season - and Sunday Ticket after the 2014 season will be open to other providers. Because news of this will soon be widespread, they're trying everything they can to hook people onto contracts while they can still leverage the power of the NFL badge to get money from people.[/QUOTE]

you DON'T NEED TO SUB TO DIRECTV TO GET THIS OFFER LEARN TO READ

i have had this on my ps3 for two years and my house CAN get direct tv all i did was buy it on psn paid 300 bucks and never had to talk to direct tv at all. My guess would e this is the same kind of deal that will happen with this code. You will have a special website we go to and put in the code download the app needed to watch the thing and boom we are good for the full reg season.

[quote name='dcm1602']So the general consensus is if you have direct tv, and dont have sunday ticket, this is a shitty deal ?[/QUOTE]

no current dtv subs will still get access onto computer to get it on your tv just hook up your computer to your tv that simple

[quote name='$hady']So Madden and 17 weeks on NFL ticket on PC and iPad for $100??? IN SO HARD!! Paid $250 last year for the PSN NFL ticket and it sucked so hard some weeks.... Overall it was fun to have though. Never had nor want DTV, hell I don't even have cable just the internet.
PSN last year said the same exact thing, you could only buy NFL ticket if you were unable to receive service. I live in a house and the owner ME will not allow a dish although all I did was sign up through the console and start watching.[/QUOTE]

plus 100 dollers worth of mut cards, for 40 dollers more when you get sunday ticket,100 dollers worth of mut cards if you are a die hard madden fan and a die hard nfl fan this package is no brainer.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered. We got Sunday Ticket last year and loved it. I know it's only the online streaming, but I'll just connect my PC to my TV.

For all of you that will use your TV's as a PC moniter does the sound work through the TV or through a seperate speaker? (My PC has DVI but no HDMI)

[quote name='finsfan0210']For all of you that will use your TV's as a PC moniter does the sound work through the TV or through a seperate speaker? (My PC has DVI but no HDMI)[/QUOTE]

If you're connecting your PC to your TV via DVI, you'll need to plug in a separate sound source to your PC. DVI does not transmit sound.

Thanks OP. This sounds like a great deal since I would've paid $300 for NFL Sunday ticket anyway! HDMI cable and Surface Pro will have me watching games everywhere! Preordered!

I'd get in on this deal if it was the Xbox 720/PS4 version, but I see no reason to buy a game that will be outdated two months after it's release.

[quote name='wEEman33']I'd get in on this deal if it was the Xbox 720/PS4 version, but I see no reason to buy a game that will be outdated two months after it's release.[/QUOTE]

So there both coming out in October

[quote name='wEEman33']I'd get in on this deal if it was the Xbox 720/PS4 version, but I see no reason to buy a game that will be outdated two months after it's release.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... If you're AT ALL interested in the Tablet/PC/Smartphone version of Sunday ticket, you're an idiot not to do this. Sell the game and cards the day you get it and enjoy your $5 Sunday Ticket...

Since the NFL is best viewed in HD at home, I don't like this deal. Not playing on the PS3 is a deal breaker for me. Luckily I live in my local team market so NFL is free for me (along with most fans). Go Niners!!!

[quote name='Donut2922']Since the NFL is best viewed in HD at home, I don't like this deal. Not playing on the PS3 is a deal breaker for me. Luckily I live in my local team market so NFL is free for me (along with most fans). Go Niners!!![/QUOTE]

The streams are in HD. Just connect your tablet or PC to your TV. Problem solved.

[quote name='SEH']The streams are in HD. Just connect your tablet or PC to your TV. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Do they make DVI to HDMI cables? I assume I could just use my normal computer speakers if I'm using the DVI connection correct?

im leaning towards cancelling my preorder since i already have "access" to any and all games

plus this year is shaping up to be rather predictable

[quote name='finsfan0210']Do they make DVI to HDMI cables? I assume I could just use my normal computer speakers if I'm using the DVI connection correct?[/QUOTE]

That would only carry video, a dvi out isn't magically going to output sound

first madden on 360/ps3 was god awful plus it will be running on same engine so it will not look or play any diff

[quote name='finsfan0210']Do they make DVI to HDMI cables? I assume I could just use my normal computer speakers if I'm using the DVI connection correct?[/QUOTE]

go to monoprice.com

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']first madden on 360/ps3 was god awful plus it will be running on same engine so it will not look or play any diff[/QUOTE]
Madden 06 was on 360 only. 2007 was on both systems and it was fixed.

[quote name='andjuan']Man. I subscribe to DTV and Sunday Ticket. I get jack out of this promo.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I am in the same boat. I may call DTV and see if they can cut my bill but there's no way I can go from red zone channel on a 52 inch screen to a tablet. It also seems like a lot of work to hook up a computer to the TV in my living room setup.

Just use the normal VGA cable to hook the PC to your TV and watch the games. I did that last year at work. I was able to stream the games to the PC there, eventually I got smart and hooked the VGA from the PC monitor, to the plasma near it used to play in store music videos. Picture looked great. HD quality. So anyone thinking this is a "bad" deal due to no PS3 connection needs to rethink it.

[quote name='blume3']Madden 06 was on 360 only. 2007 was on both systems and it was fixed.[/QUOTE]

the first engine on this gen was all bad the maddens did not start getting decent till 2010. i think it will be the same as this current gen on the next gen systems. next gen systems are not that giant of a leap as it was from say xbox to 360 it will be nothing more then a port.

I skimmed through and at first i got the idea that it would be available on the PS3 but then i am seeing people say it will not be so once again, i have no reason to buy this game until the price drops down to

[quote name='SEH']The streams are in HD. Just connect your tablet or PC to your TV. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips. Good to know.

We should update the OP

Looks like a horrible deal for current DirecTV subscribers.
According to EA, you don't get the Sunday Ticket for your TV, only mobile streaming.

Ummm, thanks but no thanks.

[quote name='Zimmy']Looks like a horrible deal for current DirecTV subscribers.
According to EA, you don't get the Sunday Ticket for your TV, only mobile streaming.

Ummm, thanks but no thanks.[/QUOTE]

to be honest if i did not want nfl sunday ticket for some reason i would still get this package i would sell the code and get the 100 dollers worth of mut cards

EA and DirecTV teaming up, what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

That said, I pulled the trigger on one copy each, as there will undoubtedly be enough content to resell to recoup the cost between the MUT cards, the game itself/limited edition packaging (didn't see it listed anywhere, but are these individually numbered X of 50,000 as well?), and the codes.

That said, I can't wait until this is released, because I have a feeling there will be one or more fuck ups with this promo. No doubt it will be a fun time to revisit this thread and sit back, pop some popcorn and take in all the nerd rage.

[quote name='karkyco']EA and DirecTV teaming up, what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

That said, I pulled the trigger on one copy each, as there will undoubtedly be enough content to resell to recoup the cost between the MUT cards, the game itself/limited edition packaging (didn't see it listed anywhere, but are these individually numbered X of 50,000 as well?), and the codes.

That said, I can't wait until this is released, because I have a feeling there will be one or more fuck ups with this promo. No doubt it will be a fun time to revisit this thread and sit back, pop some popcorn and take in all the nerd rage.[/QUOTE]

only issue i could see is that not all codes work or the computer service sucks. EA's own president has come out and said you DON"T have ot do anything with direct tv. AFter they have come out and say all this and it turns out to not be the case ea would be in line for tons and tons of lawsuits including direct tv. People are looking way to much into this. no way direct tv would join something that would cause problems with them. Its just a way direct tv sees a chance to get people to change to direct tv and get nfl sunday ticket for 2014 season.

More News: Joystiq.com

EA Sports lifted the curtains today on one of its core additions to Madden 25 this year, Connected Franchise owners mode. In it, players take on the role of team owner, setting prices for tickets and concessions as well as having the option to relocate teams to both domestic and international cities. Owners also handle the hiring of team personnel, such as scouts, trainers and coaches, and they answer questions from the media. Players will manage stadium upgrades and market their superstar athletes so fans will buy their jerseys, increasing their teams' yearly profit.

The options to import draft classes from EA's NCAA Football series and take control of all 32 teams in the Connected Careers mode were woefully absent from last year's game, but will return to Madden 25. Additionally, the game's primary career mode will receive a face-lift thanks to an improved user interface that includes a transaction log to follow the movement of players from team to team. The mode's UI includes a new Trade Center, allowing users to see what other teams are offering for players and draft picks so they can top their opponents' bids.

Lastly, Madden 25 will feature more media personalities for the career mode's in-game Twitter feed, such as ESPN fantasy analyst Matthew Berry and Fox Sports NFL writer Peter Schrager. It will also receive new legendary players and coaches, including Mike Ditka and William "The Refridgerator" Perry.

Ugh. This deal made me preorder it. I hate myself.

I'm switching over from Xbox to PS3 though. Can anybody speak on the differences? I'd think a game as big as Madden would be able to not have a shitty port.

I've been playing Madden and NCAA on PS3 the last couple years and it hasn't been bad at all. Not that I've noticed at least. I used to play on 360 and they are nearly identical imo.

bread's done
Back