Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

wasurenai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it would set up for lawsuits and easports is already in middle of a giant one for college football. No way you do a promo like this and say only way you don't have to change to direct tv service is that you can't access dtv sats. You know how much man hours direct tv would have to put aside to check to make sure that is correct lol.[/QUOTE]

as stated before the lawsuit issue was obv so back to the big question

obv this is a pr move by ea to avoid being obliterated by 2k which now gets to pair wwe w nba2k and not only dominate the fall but also the spring when they make the double pack

but how did they get dtv to give up so much value

my guess would be dtv is hurting for new subs or EA paid giant amounts of money for this or nfl had a hand in this and hope people get this free for a year and then will jump to dtv service and pay 300-400 bucks a year after trying it out. another thing is that this week ea said thye no longer have online pass and now this sounds like they are doing what ever they can to get media and gamers off their back as being worst company in u.s.

in the end it's a win win for everyone involved. EA gets extra 40 bucks from die hard nfl/madden fans. DTV gets exposer to possible new crowed of people and 100 k possibe new subs. amazon gets exlusive version but im sure payed a pretty penny to ea for. We gamers get free nfl sunday ticket for full season 100 dollers worth of mut cards.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']my guess would be dtv is hurting for new subs or EA paid giant amounts of money for this or nfl had a hand in this and hope people get this free for a year and then will jump to dtv service and pay 300-400 bucks a year after trying it out. another thing is that this week ea said thye no longer have online pass and now this sounds like they are doing what ever they can to get media and gamers off their back as being worst company in u.s.[/QUOTE]

too bad its only going to be a one year deal most likely

the irony is i cancelled my dtv service earlier this year(although its gone unused due to fios for about 15 months) and i swear before i even got the preorder confirmation from amazon i had a please come back to us and receive a free year of sunday ticket email from them

Damn... Couldn't pass that up. Went ahead and pre-ordered for 360. I may not even keep the game, but Sunday Ticket on my iPod and computer for $50??? Yes, please!

"Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices."

so it's an "opportunity" to get one? like a lottery?

[quote name='perfectsil']"Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices."

so it's an "opportunity" to get one? like a lottery?[/QUOTE]

Yes, so don't buy it.

Seriously. You're trying to read too much into it. If you don't want to take the chance, don't buy it, but EA has been as clear as they can be about it.

I'm a recent cord cutter, so this deal is like mana from heaven for a sports fan.

For those of you doubting the deal, it's on the EA website and in the ESPN article as well - you don't need to subscribe to DirecTV in order to access Sunday ticket on PC or mobile devices. If that proves false, I'll be cancelling, but for now I'm convinced.

I now have a reason to build an HTPC, although I might just buy one of those $50 android sticks with an HDMI output I've been hearing about - that would count as a PC to watch Sunday Ticket on, wouldn't it? :D

Anyone think each code would stack with each other like if you bought two of them would u get 2 years

[quote name='teknikalei']I'm a recent cord cutter, so this deal is like mana from heaven for a sports fan.

For those of you doubting the deal, it's on the EA website and in the ESPN article as well - you don't need to subscribe to DirecTV in order to access Sunday ticket on PC or mobile devices. If that proves false, I'll be cancelling, but for now I'm convinced.

I now have a reason to build an HTPC, although I might just buy one of those $50 android sticks with an HDMI output I've been hearing about - that would count as a PC to watch Sunday Ticket on, wouldn't it? :D[/QUOTE]
So a PlayStation 3 won't count and what is a android sticks with an HDMI output

I'm going to take the plunge. Hopefully we won't have to talk to DTV about not having service available. I'd just like to quietly redeem my mobile/PC code and not have to deal with DTV representatives!

[quote name='starmask2k3']So a PlayStation 3 won't count and what is a android sticks with an HDMI output[/QUOTE]

I believe it's a device that works similar to the Apple TV, in that you can connect your iPad (here Android Tablet) to it and display it on your TV via the almighty power of wifi.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']I just can't trust EA. The fine prints is so sneaky that I don't feel like taking the chance especially since I already have DTV.[/QUOTE]

you also get 100 dollers worth of mut so if you are a mut player it's still worth it. When it comes to sunday ticket readmaddens twitter and facebook they were trying so hard last night to tell peple that no dtv subs is reqired at all to use the free code for the thing you can get on computer/ios/ other devices

i will say as a person that has loved madden from the start in 88 im kind of sad they did not do a blown out collecters edition i still have 20th anv one that was pretty cool. I still love the free sunday ticket and 100 dollers worth of mut cards.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you also get 100 dollers worth of mut so if you are a mut player it's still worth it. When it comes to sunday ticket readmaddens twitter and facebook they were trying so hard last night to tell peple that no dtv subs is reqired at all to use the free code for the thing you can get on computer/ios/ other devices[/QUOTE]

Sadly i'm not a MUT Player, if I was it'd be a no brainer for me. :p I was talking to Amazon Customer service and they have zero idea how to properly describe the offer either. It's like EA just told them to post that.

EA is already setting up damage control in my opinion. Goodluck on getting Sunday Ticket though Timbo.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i will say as a person that has loved madden from the start in 88 im kind of sad they did not do a blown out collecters edition i still have 20th anv one that was pretty cool. I still love the free sunday ticket and 100 dollers worth of mut cards.[/QUOTE]

Although I wasn't interested in MUT... I definitely am now considering I'm mainly picking this up for the DTV offer.

Also, I can't help but pick up this year's copy and play with my stacked Dirty Birds... ;)

[quote name='abhinav']Washing my hands of this deal. As a current directv sub I'm incredibly disappointed by this nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Why? EA specifically notes on their site that current Directv subscribers, who do not already have Sunday Ticket, can access the full 17 weeks of the NFL season on computers, tablets, and mobile devices with the code included in the game.

[quote name='coalminer']Why? EA specifically notes on their site that current Directv subscribers, who do not already have Sunday Ticket, can access the full 17 weeks of the NFL season on computers, tablets, and mobile devices with the code included in the game.[/QUOTE]

So it says, even though I already have directv.... I get the 1 year free on my pc? No strings attached?? My tv is hooked to my pc anyhow. So it would be same for me.

[quote name='kingwormer']So it says, even though I already have directv.... I get the 1 year free on my pc? No strings attached?? My tv is hooked to my pc anyhow. So it would be same for me.[/QUOTE]

Indeed:

"If I already have a DIRECTV subscription, can I still get access?

If you are already a DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscriber, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password. If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, but don't receive Sunday Ticket you will be able to access NFL Sunday Ticket via mobile, tablet and computer by entering a special code included on the back of the insert in the box that will give you access to a 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices. This offer does not include access to the games through TV or console."​

I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Updating the OP with this for clarification.

All I really want to know, is: IF I'm a current DirecTV Subscriber, but do NOT have Sunday Ticket, will this give me Sunday Ticket, without extending my contract or some rubbish?

[quote name='airblade']I wish there was something like this for FIFA[/QUOTE]

Or college football.

Still, as someone who uses Netflix for my tv watching, I may very well bite assuming I can indeed stream the games to my computer/phone.

EDIT - Where the hell is this two year thing coming from? Am I missing something on the EA Sports webpage?

[quote name='soliddragon']All I really want to know, is: IF I'm a current DirecTV Subscriber, but do NOT have Sunday Ticket, will this give me Sunday Ticket, without extending my contract or some rubbish?[/QUOTE]

fuck Have you even read any other posts? This has already been addressed above.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have been a DirecTV subscriber for nearly 15 years. I want to watch the Packers on my 42" TV, not on my 7" Kindle Fire screen.[/QUOTE]

Size queen. ;)

[quote name='Halo05']Oh fuck it, I'll bite. Chargers are always blacked out here even if I had some sort of cable/satellite service.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they can do it with the pc/mobile version, but I'm pretty sure they blackout/don't air games in your area if they're on local TV.

IE when the Bucs were blacked out, we obviously didn't have it on TV and my buddy couldn't watch it through the actual directv sunday ticket.

I'd definitely check in to it.

Even with all confusion I had to bite. Normally wait for it to drop to around $20. However, there was enough discussed in this thread that this is a no brainer for those who want Sunday Ticket. I subscribe to DirectTv, but if I have to use PC version on my TV so be it. Thanks OP and contributors who presented clarification.:D

I used PS3 Sunday Ticket the past 2 years (its the reason I caved and bought a PS3)

Does anyone else have experience with it? A lot of gossip/rumor/speculation going on here, most which isn't true. So let me explain my experience

I purchased through the PSN Store and never had to interact or discuss DirecTV with any DirecTV reps.

My parents had Comcast cable. When I moved I got Verizon FIOS. Neither one caused any issues and I never was questioned about it. Both areas I've lived in were very populated, outside of DC and Baltimore. Friends in both neighborhoods had DirecTV, so it WAS available in my area.

The first week of the first time this was available on PS3 the service was terrible for the 1pm games. DirecTV/PSN refunded all subscribers (didn't have to contact them) the money for the first week. Ever since then, I never had any major,issue with the service, and I used it every week for both 1pm &.4pm games. A couple moments of a bad picture (had to refresh..takes 5 seconds) but that wasn't common, and usually was after switching from game to game a bunch of times.

I also took my PS3 over to a couple different friends' houses and watched there. It was like having a portable Sunday Ticket Box.

I never spoke to any representative/employees, and I had no 2nd year commitments

My service was only valid on the PS3. I was unable to log into an account on my phone or computer.

No matter how you get Sunday Ticket you.CAN'T watch the local market teams or National games (Monday/Sunday/Thursday Night). But you can watch them on local TV of course. Thursday Night only if you have NFL Network

I basically just purchased a feature off DirecTV, without having to sign up or be committed to DirecTV. Its like going to the grocery store and buying Hooters Wing Sauce without having to step foot in a Hooters.

[quote name='starmask2k3']So a PlayStation 3 won't count and what is a android sticks with an HDMI output[/QUOTE]

I just came across these on eBay the other day - it won't take the place of a full blown HTPC, but it says you can surf the internet (http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl anyone? Aww yea!) on them so I'm willing to take a chance for around $50. I might read a couple reviews first, but like I said even if it's lame, I can use it in the bedroom to watch an occasional Youtube vid or something.

[quote name='Aejeck']Not sure if they can do it with the pc/mobile version, but I'm pretty sure they blackout/don't air games in your area if they're on local TV.

IE when the Bucs were blacked out, we obviously didn't have it on TV and my buddy couldn't watch it through the actual directv sunday ticket.

I'd definitely check in to it.[/QUOTE]

I thought the whole point of this was that you could watch *all* the games if you so desired (obviously not if there's like 6 going on at the same time but still).

That's fucking asinine, I don't think it's realistic to expect people to regularly pay hundreds of dollars to watch a football game in person (totalling up the cost of travel, food, tickets, weather considerations).

I'll still take the plunge but man, they won't get me next year if it winds up blacking out a great deal of the reason I'd be watching in the first place.

So has it been confirmed that PS3 users will get Sunday ticket for a year even if they are not a direct TV subscriber?

[quote name='Matt Young']I have been a DirecTV subscriber for nearly 15 years. I want to watch the Packers on my 42" TV, not on my 7" Kindle Fire screen.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered this just so I can watch the Packers every week. I don't care how big the screen is. I'm tired of watching them through, uh, "means of questionable legality."

[quote name='Psychonik']So has it been confirmed that PS3 users will get Sunday ticket for a year even if they are not a direct TV subscriber?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it costs $300. Read the fucking thread, then ask questions.

Debating....re-read the fine print. Does not seem a common scenario is covered.
-if you don't have directv, $10 off and free sunday ticket if you subscribe. Fair enough, but dtv always runs promos for new subscribers in the late summer anyways with a cheap monthly rate and free Sunday ticket, do not sure people in this scenario will actually get anything for their additional $40 that won't be offered for free later on anyways (unless they let you stack the $10 off monthly on top of the new subscriber rate, but that seems unlikely as the deal is usually not eligible with to their promotions).

-if you have dtv and Sunday ticket, get a code to watch mobile. So last year I had Sunday ticket, and was frankly appalled to find out that to watch mobile, it was an additional charge (which I did not spring for; I was pissed because in the st promos they talked about how you could watch on you mobile device; they neglected to mention it was another charge). So for folks in this scenario, there is some value.

-if you cannot get dtv, The code to watch mobile. I am not sure what they mean by "unable"...I guess scenarios like apartment dwellers who cannot put up a dish. For these folks, there is good value here because this is the only way you can watch Sunday ticket at all.

Scenarios not addressed:
-have dtv, don't buy sunday ticket: can I still make use of the mobile code? I would strongly argue with dtv that I should get to so as to get the same benefit as folks in #3 above...should not punish me as a subscriber to dtv over folks who are not subscribers because they are "unable" to get it.

-don't have dtv, don't want it: happy with uverse or whatever. Again I would argue that should get the same deal as #3 above, which should be easy enough to get "err...yeah...I am unable to get dtv...so using this code for mobile".

They could have made this much clearer if that was their intent:
-everyone gets the code for mobile/pc?..current subscriber or not, st buyer or not...etc.
-if you are not currently a dtv subscriber, get $10 off and free Sunday ticket.

My guess is that it is this last category they are ultimately targeting at the moment. Last year was the first year dtv lost subscribers. As stated, every fall historically dtv runs a promo with a teaser rate and free st for new subscribers anyways...so they are just going for you now instead of waiting another 3 months when the planned normal promotion will start. Honestly, if you go the dtv site right now and sign up, you get your free st anyways and a $30 a month rate and some free premiums for 3 months. So if you are not a dtv sub, but think this is a good promo because of the free st that you are willing to switch to dtv for, you are paying an additional $40 for something that is available right now for free anyways from what I can tell. If you are already a dtv person, it is unclear. If you get st (which you can probably get for free...just call them up and shake them down for it) the free mobile is a savings if you would otherwise buy it,

Any deal involving DirecThieVes should be run away from with all possible speed. These guys are the biggest scam artists on the planet.

That "free" Sunday Ticket won't feel so free when you're paying $70-120 a month for two full years, and if you decide you want to back out of the contract, it will cost you hundreds of dollars of early termination fees.

As for the idea that you can get out of this with a $30-40 monthly satellite TV bill, good luck. My DTV bill was almost $80 a month by the time I was done adding the HD fee (at the time, if you had Sunday Ticket, you had to pay an additional $100 to get the games in high-def; not sure if they are still ripping off their customers this way or if the hidden mobile-access fee has replaced it), the DVR fee, the program packages necessary to get something other than the MTV Networks and cable news, the "it's not mandatory but really it's mandatory insurance" fee (don't pay it, and you'll be paying DTV $500 if one of their poorly made, yesterday's-tech, maybe-worth-$50 tuners breaks down on you).....basically, no matter what, you are going to be paying well over $1200, probably closer to $2000, over the course of a two-year contract.

Oh, and, it's also highly likely that the very low-paid installer will try to pad his take home pay by saying you need a pole on which to mount the dish. They'll jack the price of the install by $50-200 any way they can.

Finally, there is the "if you are unable to subscribe" caveat, which applies to people who have north-facing apartments, dorm rats, and people who live in the bottom of canyons. Maybe you'll get lucky and they won't really ask, but then, maybe they will. I doubt they care too much, because let's face it, $300 a year for a mobile streaming package isn't exactly "cheapass", is it?

Fortunately, DirecTV has decided not to pursue renewing their "exclusive" Sunday Ticket - it was costing them in the area of a billion dollars a season - and Sunday Ticket after the 2014 season will be open to other providers. Because news of this will soon be widespread, they're trying everything they can to hook people onto contracts while they can still leverage the power of the NFL badge to get money from people.

[quote name='Psychonik']So has it been confirmed that PS3 users will get Sunday ticket for a year even if they are not a direct TV subscriber?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but you can't watch ST on your PS3 with this.

bread's done
Back