CAGiversary!
Select games are shown in the ad such as:
Sonic Mega Collection(Xbox+PS2)
Crimson Skies(Xbox)
PGR 2(Xbox)
Topspin(Xbox)
ATV 2(PS2)
GT 3(PS2)
and lastly Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal !!!

Will they sell it at that price?

score! :)

i was a little skeptical and doubtful that they would honor the print-out posted here, but it worked...the CSR came right out and said it was a misprint, but they were honoring it

ALSO, Sears guarantees the accuracy of their price scanners....for items priced b/w $5 and $100, if the item DOES NOT ring up for the correct price, they take $5 off of the total (i think - it may be per item, i dont remember the exact policy)...obviously R&C will not ring up correctly, so its worth a shot...heck, if it works for 2 copies (each item counted as a misprice), and you use the coupon, the deal is 2 for $15, or if they take it off the total its 2 for $20 !!!! :shock: (i realized this on the way home, and was too lazy to go back and take my chances...there is a little sign w/the policy at just about every register - Just an FYI - Hope someone will capitalize on it!

thx sanjuro & OP :D

Thanks OP!

I ended up getting RC: UYA and the Xbox Sonic Mega Collection on the deal, and I was able to use the $5 off Sears coupon that's been floating around! There was no hassle at all; the woman at the register had to manually override the price, but didn't say anything when she did it. There must have been a couple people come in for the deal already.

Interestingly enough, they hadn't pulled the copies of UYA, but they were out of their `place' in the case (it was on the bottom), so if you just were looking at the titles, you would have missed it.

I went to sears and got R&C: UYA and Sonic Plus. There was no hassle and the clerk was nice, just had to have his manager override it. I price matched it a CC before hand, it took her 45 mins to confirm it and she didn't look very happy doing it either. Yes the ad is on the west coast , I'm in CA. So thanks OP. Wish I would have caught the AC5 error....

Picked up 2 copies of R&C UYA. I wanted to just get 1 and a copy of PGR2 for XBOX, but the guy who rang me up wouldn't let me do that unless I got a PH copy of PGR2 (I know it's lame, but I like the non-ph versions). So I ended up with two copies of R&C UYA. I would have tried to pm elsewhere but they wouldn't let me take the ad, since I was using the one they had at the counter.

[quote name='crawlingpeter'][quote name='JunkyardGod']was this a 1-day sale?[/quote]

also wondering if ill be able to give this a shot tomorrow.[/quote]

Supposedly this sale runs from today to the 14th of March, though I personally think we're going to see "RC:UYA is a pricing mistake, we meant RC:GC" very shortly.

I hope I'm wrong in that respect, though I have flashbacks of AC5 from XMas in my head.

Someone needs to remind me to check my head before I decide to do good deeds of this nature in the future, since like all good things, demand outstrips supply.

I'll give it another try tomorrow and see what I can scare up.

I went in the afternoon and picked up R/C:UYA and Sonic Mega Collection fot Xbox. I also used the $5 coupon and had to get them to price overide so I walked away with both for $25. I'm sorry for people who can't get the ad to get R/C:UYA; I would say go in and see if someone has left the ad lying around with the girl wearing pink with the yellow flower in the background. Good Luck. To all who got it your welcome. :)

I have a copy of the ad that I no longer need. If anyone wants it PM me. I can send it on Monday which should be enough time to still get in on the deal. I'd also recommend price matching at CC for the extra 10% savings...worked like a charm.

Both of the Sears near me were out of stock, but at the first one the guy said someone came in the morning asking for it and they gave him a rain check - so they gave me one with "Ratch and Clank U. Y. A." for $14.99. He also gave me his copy of the ad.

I tried to price match at a Circuit City and a Best Buy but they both called in and found out it wasn't in stock so wouldn't do it. Finally, I hit another Circuit City that didn't bother to call and got it for $12.50. Excellent... The key difference was that I went straight to the register (people at the customer service desk told me to) and the clerk there just did it - whereas at the other Circuit City all the guys behind the Cust. Service desk huddled up and decided to call Sears.

And I still have the rain check for Sears if I ever happen to go back there again (they said they have no official rain check procedure - they don't call or anything, you just have to keep checking yourself).

14th of march? guess it is the other ad, the Yellow sunflower one with the Ratchet expired the 26th, but since I didn't see the other ad I can't say for sure

[quote name='io']Both of the Sears near me were out of stock, but at the first one the guy said someone came in the morning asking for it and they gave him a rain check - so they gave me one with "Ratch and Clank U. Y. A." for $14.99. He also gave me his copy of the ad.

I tried to price match at a Circuit City and a Best Buy but they both called in and found out it wasn't in stock so wouldn't do it. Finally, I hit another Circuit City that didn't bother to call and got it for $12.50. Excellent... The key difference was that I went straight to the register (people at the customer service desk told me to) and the clerk there just did it - whereas at the other Circuit City all the guys behind the Cust. Service desk huddled up and decided to call Sears.

And I still have the rain check for Sears if I ever happen to go back there again (they said they have no official rain check procedure - they don't call or anything, you just have to keep checking yourself).[/quote]

That is the thing at CC. You have to catch the right employee because some of them do the PM by the book and others just PM to get you out of the store.

I am mad because I went to Sears after work yesterday and they had two copies of Ratchet and Clank: UYA left and when I tried to do the deal the employee told me that the sale didn't start until today. So, I didn't argue with him because none of the employee's had the ad. Also, when I asked to see the ad at like ten different register no one had it.

Nope, not that one.

The background has a large Yellow flower, and there's a green stripe across the bottom (the back cover is also green). `Super Springtime Savings; All Apostrophe Fashions; 30% off' (they're on three different lines) is what it says on the front. The games are on page 28.

I was able to find one laying around at the store.

well if anyone hits the sears at the mall in vancouver washington I'll be your personal bitch if you can snag a copy of RnC.........

My friend and I drove to Sears today in Redmond, WA and got the last 2 copies of this.

w00t

great deal. thanks original poster!

This + Oddworld for $50 = great day

Picked up a copy of RCUYA today for 14.99 without the ad and without having to buy an extra game at the Sears in Athens Ga. The person who pulled the game out the glass case for me noticed that the game rang up at 39.99, overrode the price to 14.99 and had me on my way in just a few minutes. If there is anyone eles in my area they had one more copy on the shelf.

Best steal of the year for me this far.

I went to Sears with my friend to buy a copy of UYA for both of us. They were sold out, and the lady there said "The ad starts on Wednesday"

I found out she was talking about a different ad that was also green, but anyway...

I went to Circuit City, and they said they'd have to call and see if it's in stock, so I didn't even bother. I went to TRU, but the guy there said they were all out. Finally, after going to 3 different Wal-Mart's, I found one that had the game, and they price matched it after a brief discussion with the manager.

I asked at the Employee Only area of my Sears for a copy and they went and got me one. I had the printout, but I wanted the actual ad. Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock. I am going to try to PM @ CC tonight.

[quote name='FrankySox']Anybody wanna pick me up a copy of Top Spin?[/quote]

I picked up a copy of Top SPin...give me a PM! :)

I took an hour over lunch to seek out this deal. After finding a manager, they were able to locate a copy of the ad with the yellow flower on front and green back. However, there were no video game deals in the entire ad. I found a page that had the same top and bottom as the posted image, but the middle was for DVD's on sale, not games.

Is the image on page 5 a photoshop, or do the ads vary by City? If any of you saw the actual ad shown, could you tell me what City you are in.

Thanks for all the help.

[quote name='spyder_j']I took an hour over lunch to seek out this deal. After finding a manager, they were able to locate a copy of the ad with the yellow flower on front and green back. However, there were no video game deals in the entire ad. I found a page that had the same top and bottom as the posted image, but the middle was for DVD's on sale, not games.

Is the image on page 5 a photoshop, or do the ads vary by City? If any of you saw the actual ad shown, could you tell me what City you are in.

Thanks for all the help.[/quote]

ads vary per city

I think I have some insight on the two different types of ads, as I talked with a Sears rep who tried to grab me a copy of the ad before the store was open yesterday, when I arrived at 10:30 for a 11AM opening.

There are two types of Sears stores, what he called a Tier 1 and Tier 2 store. Most of the stores are Tier 1 that do higher numbers than the Tier 2 stores, and due to this, the ad from a Tier 1 store is a different ad than a Tier 2 store. The Tier 2 store ads seem to have DVD's in place of video games, even if the Tier 2 store sells video games. Tier 1 store ads have video games in place of DVD's.

In the St. Louis area, there's only 2 Tier 2 stores, and I went to one of those yesterday, which is why the ad I picked up there had DVD's in it. I then had to go to another store to get the "right" ad.

This might explain why some people at a Sears store don't get an ad with video games, they get DVD's. Again the terms "Tier 1" and "Tier 2" were ones he was using, which might not be the right term for it, though there is a difference between Sears stores.

Thanks for the insight. The store I went to was at a rather rundown mall so it would make sense that it was a "Tier 2" mall as you described. I will try one of the nicer Sears stores tonight.

Well, the Sears in Cambridge, MA had it kind of weird. R&C had one of those ad banners, saying it was on sale for $14.99. So I didn't have to buy a second game or anything. But unfortunately, once I got it, it rang as 39.99, and the rep got rid of the banner since it wasn't on sale in the system. I got to buy my game at $14.99, but I guess I killed it for everyone else :( But I'm sure you can still argue with an ad, but there was only one more R&C there.

I had originally grabbed an ad and tried to pricematch at Best Buy to get the 10% difference on 2 R&C. I unfortunately got two incompetent workers (one much more incompetent than the other). One refused to do the pricematch unless I got 2 different games (and he was bitching about how the difference was too much). I told him I wanted to see the manager, and instead the girl next to him said that I could price match it for 2 of the same game. But she said I couldn't get the 10% difference because it can only be applied if the price drops LATER after a best buy purchase (which makes no sense). I told her I have always gotten 10% difference for sales in the same week, but she said she doesn't get why other service reps let me have it. I should have asked for a manager or told her to bring up the Best Buy website or something. Anyways, I decided to not argue (too much incompetence for one day) and just get it at Sears (don't need two). I bought something else, using a collegiate coupon, and the bastard (dumb rep #1) didn't return the coupon to me (which had said it can be reused as many times as desired). Now I have to go find myself another coupon. Grrr.

Here is the Report from Tulsa, OK.

My wife found the ad sitting on a customer service desk at the large (Tier 1) store off of Yale and 21st. Anyway, she showed the ad to the clerk at the video games dept. He was totally unware of this deal. However, they were virtually wiped out of everything on the deal including the Sonic collection ERRR! Anyway, after a manager was brought over, my wife managed to pick up the last copy of R&C:UYA for $14.99. No other purchase was required. So here I sit with a new R&C in my hands and a receipt for 14.99. It was the last copy at that large store however. So the only other Sears in Tulsa, is the one at the main mall at Woodland Hills. I would think that store is a Tier 1 also...but it is also the most visited. Looks like this deal might just be over with my last purchase on this Sears deal.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Well, the Sears in Cambridge, MA had it kind of weird. R&C had one of those ad banners, saying it was on sale for $14.99. So I didn't have to buy a second game or anything. But unfortunately, once I got it, it rang as 39.99, and the rep got rid of the banner since it wasn't on sale in the system. I got to buy my game at $14.99, but I guess I killed it for everyone else :( But I'm sure you can still argue with an ad, but there was only one more R&C there.

I had originally grabbed an ad and tried to pricematch at Best Buy to get the 10% difference on 2 R&C. I unfortunately got two incompetent workers (one much more incompetent than the other). One refused to do the pricematch unless I got 2 different games (and he was bitching about how the difference was too much). I told him I wanted to see the manager, and instead the girl next to him said that I could price match it for 2 of the same game. But she said I couldn't get the 10% difference because it can only be applied if the price drops LATER after a best buy purchase (which makes no sense). I told her I have always gotten 10% difference for sales in the same week, but she said she doesn't get why other service reps let me have it. I should have asked for a manager or told her to bring up the Best Buy website or something. Anyways, I decided to not argue (too much incompetence for one day) and just get it at Sears (don't need two). I bought something else, using a collegiate coupon, and the bastard (dumb rep #1) didn't return the coupon to me (which had said it can be reused as many times as desired). Now I have to go find myself another coupon. Grrr. [/quote]

Store Price Guarantee
If, within 30 days* (14 days for computers, monitors, printers and notebooks, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors) of your purchase from Best Buy, you find a local competitor (excluding Internet competitors) offering a lower price on an available product of the same brand and model, we'll refund the difference plus another 10% of the difference. Just bring us a current ad or other verifiable written proof of the lower price, plus your original Best Buy sales receipt to claim your refund. This offer good only on all new in-the-box products of the same brand and model that are available in-store at any other local authorized retailer. It does not apply to competitor's one-of-a-kind or other limited quantity offer, or when a bonus or free offer (such as special financing program or manufacturer's rebate) is included in the purchase. Offer does not apply to BestBuy.com pricing. All returns exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. Go to the customer service counter for details.

That is their policy, you would have to buy the R&C at regular price at Best Buy then return it to get the 10%. It's YMMV on whether or not you get the 10% during a pricematch, the employees you were dealing with were following the store's policy.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
That is their policy, you would have to buy the R&C at regular price at Best Buy then return it to get the 10%. It's YMMV on whether or not you get the 10% during a pricematch, the employees you were dealing with were following the store's policy.[/quote]

The woman told me it had to drop later on (like next week), not that I had to purchase it first. Every price match I've ever done (and I've done a lot of them), they give me the 10% difference immediately. I mean, it makes no sense to do another transaction immediately after anyways. I see your point, but she made it clear I couldn't get the difference today.

Edited to add: Plus they were willing to do the pricematch... I would the think the pricematch and the adjustment would happen at the same time? That seems to be what the policy implies.

the big giant store policy on price matching definitely says that if you bring in an ad the will beat it plus 10%. it doesnt' say you have to buy it first, and that's for BB & CC. AND ALSO gamerush now. it says so in there flyer, too!

Only at CAG can you find people bitching about getting a 40 dollar game for 15 bucks off of a misprint in an ad because they still didnt get an extra 10% off as well.

[quote name='TheRaven']Only at CAG can you find people bitching about getting a 40 dollar game for 15 bucks off of a misprint in an ad because they still didnt get an extra 10% off as well.[/quote]

Damn skippy right.

I didn't bother with the PM possibilites at BB, I knew the chance on not getting it for $15 well outweighed the $2.50 missed per copy. CC happily did PM's + 10%, though they normally do so for me without incident, save that store manager at one store who was a complete asshat.

[quote name='speedy05']does anyone have an extra ad they no longer need? I sure could use one.[/quote]

Your Sears doesn't have them? The one here had a huge pile of them in store.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'][quote name='speedy05']does anyone have an extra ad they no longer need? I sure could use one.[/quote]

Your Sears doesn't have them? The one here had a huge pile of them in store.[/quote]

When I went to my second Sears store on Sunday, they had to look around the store for a copy of it. Not at three different customer service desks, where you figured it might actually be.

Went to CC last night, they called Sears and found they are not in stock. They said no. Do you guys know if Target or EB will pricematch?

Thanks for the Heads up on this one OP

R&C:UYA rang up at 39.99 at my local Sears but they had little price displays infront of all of the games in stock for this deal that said $14.99 including R&C:UYA that even said save $25 dollars (nothing about buying 2 for 30). So I had them adjust the price :) I think Sears has fooled themselves on this deal if this is a mistake as it seems :lol:

bread's done
Back