Mana Khemia 2 Rosenqueen preorder

I wouldn't be surprised if whoever's responsible for website maintenance is off for the weekend until Monday, and the site will stay down until then. This is pathetic, NISA...

Didn't three of their last releases have major bugs? The :psp:Mana Khemia and :ps2:Ar Tonelico 2, and :ds:Rhapsody... I have all but Rhapsody (have it on PS1), so I'm on the fence about this one because their QC is a bit lacking, and it took them like 2-3 months to ship my preorder of Ar Tonelico 2.

[quote name='doodofdoods']how big is the artbook?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but the artbooks I have for their releases are the size of the PS2 case and about 60 pages.

[quote name='elessar123']Didn't three of their last releases have major bugs? The :psp:Mana Khemia and :ps2:Ar Tonelico 2, and :ds:Rhapsody... I have all but Rhapsody (have it on PS1), so I'm on the fence about this one because their QC is a bit lacking, and it took them like 2-3 months to ship my preorder of Ar Tonelico 2.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Mana Khemia and Rhapsody, but AT2 was full of grammatical errors including a sentence that was left in Japanese, had reports about it corrupting the save file and/or memory card and had a fatal game crash near the end of the game if you couldn't beat a certain boss with a few turns. That, plus Rosenqueen's lackluster incentives for their pre-orders means that I won't be buying this game until the price drops.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Isn't this supposed to be the last RPG on the PS2?[/QUOTE]
Nah, there's also Sakura Wars: So Long My Love coming out in the Fall.

[quote name='mxpowar']Nah, there's also Sakura Wars: So Long My Love coming out in the Fall.[/QUOTE]

Perfect subtitle.

In other news, i came back, and it's still down. :fridge:

[quote name='mxpowar']Nah, there's also Sakura Wars: So Long My Love coming out in the Fall.[/QUOTE]

And even that probably won't be the last PS2 RPG. I've heard rumors that both NIS and Atlus are looking at licensing a few more for early 2010 release.

[quote name='elessar123']Didn't three of their last releases have major bugs? The :psp:Mana Khemia and :ps2:Ar Tonelico 2, and :ds:Rhapsody... I have all but Rhapsody (have it on PS1), so I'm on the fence about this one because their QC is a bit lacking, and it took them like 2-3 months to ship my preorder of Ar Tonelico 2.[/QUOTE]

Heh, the AT2 thing was one of the first packages I've ever purchased from them. Shipping estimate was for a week or two, but I got it in a couple of days. I was :shock:.

I still haven't even opened it though. In addition to all the other problems with it, I've heard it doesn't run on PS3s, and I haven't felt like hooking the PS2 back up.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']To get the site to work, go to google and type in "rosenqueen" and then click on the second link that shows up (figurines and plushies)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that worked like a charm.

Needless to say, in for one. I kind of regret not buying the uber box that was Mana Khemia 1, but nonetheless. I wish there was another figure this time around though...

[quote name='Mechanical']Amazon with ECA + GB is $32.29. So about $23 for a calender and artbook... Well, I don't know if the Amazon version is LE with the included OST. Red Scarf Prinny almost lured me in, but I'm going to pass.

Site is working fine for me.[/QUOTE]

This. As soon as I can coax it back into my gb I'm ordering it from Amazon. Artbook & calander isn't worth $23 to me, that's about half of another game. And with as much stuff as is coming out this fall....yeah, definitely gonna pass on this.

First game is awesome tho, playing through it now. So I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel.

I dont know what to do... MK1 preorder w/ figure still sealed. Disgaea 2 still sealed. Disgaea 3 with all three different pre-order goodies - still sealed. BUT I did hang up the flag over my door.

[quote name='earvcunanan']How do you guys know how many they have left?[/QUOTE]

Interested to know as well.

I remember last time you simply entered quantity of 2000 and it corrected it to the number they actually had. But this time they only let you do 20 so yo cant do it that way.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']How much will this be worth guys?[/QUOTE]

Depends on demand for this item. Ar Tonelico 1 1st print net a high value while the other NIS box set(Ar Tonelico 2, Mana Khemia, Prinny Hero) are still fetching at it's initial msrp. Rarity means nothing if no one is willing to pay it.

Back on topic, I bought this game along with some prinny related deals to save on shipping. I doubt I will preorder Disgaea 2 since I already beat that game. Disgaea preorder swag doesn't seem that limited. They seem to put those items towards future bundles.

Well I'm in for one... I was gonna order it through Amazon, but I'm glad I waited... I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

Personally I love the first game, I think I beat it in like 4 days... sure it had some issues but it was still a blast. I can't wait to play this game.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Interested to know as well.

I remember last time you simply entered quantity of 2000 and it corrected it to the number they actually had. But this time they only let you do 20 so yo cant do it that way.[/QUOTE]

After you add one to your cart, go to the cart and increase the qty to like 900 and update. There was 787 left when I just checked.

btw i just bought 782 so 781 left. i dont care what the promo is if the price is roughly the same as gamestops(amazon usually dont do promos on many rpg games) i will buy from nisa. you look at it this way guys. if you SUPPORT nisa more and more japanese games will get ported over. same goes with atlus.

Finally got my order in this morning when I woke up.

Site was giving me a hard time about my zipcode because it starts with a zero. It kept dropping the zero and telling me to make sure I had 5 digits in my zip. The only way I could order was to use Paypal.

Damn RQ's site is fucking ghetto.

[quote name='gauu']btw i just bought 782 so 781 left. i dont care what the promo is if the price is roughly the same as gamestops(amazon usually dont do promos on many rpg games) i will buy from nisa. you look at it this way guys. if you SUPPORT nisa more and more japanese games will get ported over. same goes with atlus.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is getting the same collector's boxed version with the OST and double sided poster that Gamestop and everywhere else that carries the game will be. Given past production numbers, there will probably be at least 30K pressed which means this is less than 10% of the total initial run. No matter where you buy it from, you are supporting NIS and helping to assure future releases. Buying from Rosenqueen supports Rosenqueen and doesn't assure anything with regard to future releases. If anything, it encourages Rosenqueen to keep charging people upon placing an order and putting together half-assed special packages for too much money and continuing to charge too much shipping and taking too long to ship. It's not even clear what this special package comes with other than some type of art book and calendar and maybe a second outer box. I'm gonna stick with my Amazon pre-order and go ahead and save the extra $23.

Bought one. It's nice to see they aren't oos right away like some other limited thingies. I only bought one because I bought two of the first one for some perverted reason, and they're both sitting around collecting dust.

Also, i'm a Club Nintendo platinum member, and i'm not allowed to get their gold freebie calendar so the one in this set will fill that void nicely.

[quote name='bojay1997']Buying from Rosenqueen supports Rosenqueen and doesn't assure anything with regard to future releases. [/QUOTE]

Errr....You DO realize that Rosenqueen is directly run by NIS, right? If you want to support them and better assure future releases, this is where you do it because they don't have to share the pie with retailers.

Anyway. In for one, 742 left.

[quote name='redroversk']Bought one. It's nice to see they aren't oos right away like some other limited thingies. I only bought one because I bought two of the first one for some perverted reason, and they're both sitting around collecting dust.[/QUOTE]

I have a Pair of the Premium Editions as well, sad thing is my backlog is so retardedly bug i havent even opened the copy im keeping.

Also put in an order for 1, i like supporting NIS but this pre-charging shit needs to stop. at least i had a $5 coupon from them to pay for the shipping.

[quote name='sisko']Errr....You DO realize that Rosenqueen is directly run by NIS, right? If you want to support them and better assure future releases, this is where you do it because they don't have to share the pie with retailers.

Anyway. In for one, 742 left.[/QUOTE]

I know, buying from retailers which actually employ people and pay taxes and expand the reach of NIS' games is a terrible idea. Give me a break. Buying the game is more than enough. You don't have to pay too much for additional garbage and get gouged on shipping as well.

Just making sure: The cheapest shipping option is USPS Priority Mail because they don't have USPS Media Mail anymore?

After shipping and tax (damn California), my total came out to $59.xx ;_;

[quote name='bojay1997']I know, buying from retailers which actually employ people and pay taxes and expand the reach of NIS' games is a terrible idea. Give me a break. Buying the game is more than enough. You don't have to pay too much for additional garbage and get gouged on shipping as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree, because the company based in California doesn't employ people or pay taxes :eyeroll:

Personally, I am much happier giving my money directly to NIS instead of the likes of Gamestop or Walmart; I would like to get the artbook; and the shipping is pretty close to what sales tax would be if I purchased it locally - and the slightly extra cost makes up for the convenience.

If that's not your cup of tea, fine....just have some sense of logic in your thread crapping o_O;

[quote name='shivaedge']Just making sure: The cheapest shipping option is USPS Priority Mail because they don't have USPS Media Mail anymore?

After shipping and tax (damn California), my total came out to $59.xx ;_;[/QUOTE]
Yep, it was like 5 something for me. Also, yeah I hate paying taxes just b/c we're in CA especially since they raised it...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Can someone tell me the other final PS2 RPGs coming out?[/QUOTE]

I know at least Sakura Wars V (PS2/Wii) (an SRPG I think?) is coming via NISA, not sure if any are in the pipeline for localization.

bread's done
Back