March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my copy of Zone of Enders for the Xbox 360 since it performs better. I didn't use the coupon hoping that it would go lower before the month is over.

Ugh, I think I should just go for digital.....
Magazine is still not here.... actually I don't even think I ever got my magazine early....
Hell... I think I might not even renew my subscription....

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Picked up my copy of Zone of Enders for the Xbox 360 since it performs better. I didn't use the coupon hoping that it would go lower before the month is over.[/QUOTE]

thats exactly why im getting a copy tommorow. while 19.99$ after the coupon is good we have nothing to lose by holding it and just see what happens with the price

[quote name='strait edge follower']thats exactly why im getting a copy tommorow. while 19.99$ after the coupon is good we have nothing to lose by holding it and just see what happens with the price[/QUOTE]
other than the change is return policy of 15 days, lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']thats exactly why im getting a copy tommorow. while 19.99$ after the coupon is good we have nothing to lose by holding it and just see what happens with the price[/QUOTE]

Hmm? The coupons are good until the 6th of next month...Looks like I might have to do a return and rebuy down the line. Oh well. Getting the cheapest price is what we're after. ;)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Hmm? The coupons are good until the 6th of next month...Looks like I might have to do a return and rebuy down the line. Oh well. Getting the cheapest price is what we're after. ;)[/QUOTE]

almost forgot about the new 15 day return rule. i have to make sure i dont hold it to long so i can do a return/rebuy

[quote name='strait edge follower']almost forgot about the new 15 day return rule. i have to make sure i dont hold it to long so i can do a return/rebuy[/QUOTE]

It's definitely something to think about. Even if it goes on sale for $5 off, I'd take the game at $15.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Picked up my copy of Zone of Enders for the Xbox 360 since it performs better. I didn't use the coupon hoping that it would go lower before the month is over.[/QUOTE]The games that are delisted on BB.com have .000000000000000001% chance in seeing a sale the coupon IS the sale to BB this is a stock clearing move. I'd suggest not wasting too much energy on trying to get them for $10.
The best way to ensure more super cheapy games via stacks would be more total coupon per issue(increased 18-20 per). With that many it's hard to keep track of
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-diversity-to-the-gamer-magazine/idi-p/650023

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Picked up my copy of Zone of Enders for the Xbox 360 since it performs better. I didn't use the coupon hoping that it would go lower before the month is over.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the coupon reflected as a separate line item on the receipt, so the 29.99 msrp is still shown? I was thinking you could use the coupon now, and if the price goes down later, you can still get a price adjustment off the msrp. If that's possible, you wouldn't have to do the return, which I assume will require giving them your driver's license, which counts against the excessive return limit.

[quote name='bruceg']Isn't the coupon reflected as a separate line item on the receipt, so the 29.99 msrp is still shown? I was thinking you could use the coupon now, and if the price goes down later, you can still get a price adjustment off the msrp. If that's possible, you wouldn't have to do the return, which I assume will require giving them your driver's license, which counts against the excssive return limit.[/QUOTE]Price matches/adjustments can/should be done w/o needing a license. I've done way more pm's than most & they'e used my DL 75% of the time & I've had no issue. Keep in mind my purchase ration is HUGE so this may offset it.

Thanks Enuf. That's why I thought a price adjustment would be better, since he was going to do a return and then rebuy the item (every time I have to return an item, they definitely take my driver's license, to keep track of the return frequency)

Perhaps it would be more appropriate if attach the following unedited that CAG members may read the Best Buy specific terms, exclusions and applicability rather that submit edited content perhaps inadvertently omitting pertinent information in the process.

Regards,

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Gaming-News/March-Gamer-Magazine-Offers/ba-p/662273
Feast your eyes on our March edition of @Gamer. This month we're dishing out some hot coupon savings, oodles of content for your reading consumption, and a main course of sizzling BioShock Infinite coverage. Hope you brought your gaming appetite this month.

original

Coupon Offers:

$20 off Doom 3 BFG (X360, PS3, PC)

$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (X360, PS3)

$22 off Assassin's Creed Revelations (X360)

$10 off Zone of the Enders HD (X360, PS3)

$25 off Battlefield 3 Standard Edition (X360, PS3)

$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (X360)

$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 for X360

$20 off Pre-owned Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (X360, PS3)

Offers Valid 3/3/13 Thru 4/6/13

NEW THIS MONTH!
Coupons may be redeemed online. Along with the standard in-store barcode, a single use online code will be included on your coupon for redemption on BestBuy.com. Available to @Gamer digital subscribers only. See terms below for more info.

Digital Coupon Terms
Markdowns taken from sale prices. Coupons can be used only one time and must be redeemed by offer expiration date. Full value of Digital Coupon must be used within a single transaction; remaining value will not be saved for future use. Coupon cannot be applied toward Best Buy Gift Cards, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees and third-party purchases. Redeemable online only. Coupon cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, or if you cancel or return your order. Not redeemable for cash. Not valid as payment on the Best Buy credit card. Valid major credit card required for online purchases.

In-store Coupon Terms
Markdowns taken from sale prices. Customer must be a Reward Zone® Gamers Club member to redeem coupon. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts. Not valid on pre-owned games, unless the coupon is for pre-owned game(s). Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid in store and on in-stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. and Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks or on any BestBuy.com® order, including store pickup. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 3/3/13–4/6/13.

[quote name='strait edge follower']ive acually had alot of good times with nyc deals except for target clearance items lol. i had to order dbz online and had it shipped to my home. you better do the same before its not avalible for shipping anymore as i was told yesturday at bestbuy that the game was discontinued[/QUOTE]

i cant use the physical coupon on the online order. how did u do it? u got the digital coupons?

An I the only one shocked their magazine gave game of the month to dmc? When they also gave high marks to games you'd think best buy would want to push like tomb raider crisis 3 eyc

If I go in store and sign up for this will I get this month's gamer coupons? If not, how early do you sign up to get the next month's coupon?

[quote name='Indiana']If I go in store and sign up for this will I get this month's gamer coupons? If not, how early do you sign up to get the next month's coupon?[/QUOTE]

you gotta sign up now, if you even want to have a chance of getting next months coupon. It might be too late to get this months coupon, so ymmv

[quote name='Indiana']If I go in store and sign up for this will I get this month's gamer coupons? If not, how early do you sign up to get the next month's coupon?[/QUOTE]
If you sign up now you will get this month's coupons in the "sign up pamphlet" in lieu of a physical magazine. Check a few or so pages back for what it looks like. Since everything is digital now there is a good chance you will get next month's coupons in a timely fashion.

ETA: couldn't find the image, but here's a video that explains it all. http://www.atgamermagazine.com/video.php?video_id=2191292530001

[quote name='trunks982']i cant use the physical coupon on the online order. how did u do it? u got the digital coupons?[/QUOTE]

they used the coupon instore and had the game shipped to my home

[quote name='Enuf']Price matches/adjustments can/should be done w/o needing a license. I've done way more pm's than most & they'e used my DL 75% of the time & I've had no issue. Keep in mind my purchase ration is HUGE so this may offset it.[/QUOTE]

I've never been asked for a driver's license when doing a PM.

[quote name='klimb22']If you sign up now you will get this month's coupons in the "sign up pamphlet" in lieu of a physical magazine. Check a few or so pages back for what it looks like. Since everything is digital now there is a good chance you will get next month's coupons in a timely fashion.

ETA: couldn't find the image, but here's a video that explains it all. http://www.atgamermagazine.com/video.php?video_id=2191292530001[/QUOTE]

They had no idea about this in my store. So, no extra coupons.

Took forever just to find someone that knew how to renew my sub.

[quote name='georgebot84']They had no idea about this in my store. So, no extra coupons.

Took forever just to find someone that knew how to renew my sub.[/QUOTE]

Tell them you saw online that all stores should have the brochures with the coupons and that it's how new members with digital subscriptions are supposed to be able to get this month's deals. I stopped to pick up Doom 3 on my lunch and the two guys in the gaming dept. said they didn't have any flyers. I said what I posted above and one of them said he'd go in back see if they had any unopened boxes for their dept. A couple minutes later I had the flyer in hand.

Getting a hold of the coupons is very YMMV in store though. I've gone in and talked to several different people on different days, one told me they didn't have the magazines in yet and I should get my digital one (despite me saying that it TELLS ME that my digital one will start next month). Another one told me that they had to talk to a manager and then came back and told me to call their customer service and a number of other things. I am in the process of looking around at more stores in the area and have contacted the customer support... so... that's where I am.

On a side note... if someone is not going to use their MW3 coupon I would very much appreciate one. That's the only thing I really want and it would save me a lot of hassle which may very well end up with me being empty handed in the end. I've been wanting a good deal on the game so I could play with a friend too :(

[quote name='djsmf435']Is there a way to renew online? I got an email to renew but it takes me to the info page.[/QUOTE]
Not at the moment, you might be able to call a Best Buy store and give gift/credit info over the phone to renew your Unlocked membership. Otherwise you will need to go in-store to renew.

[quote name='usagi']Not at the moment, you might be able to call a Best Buy store and give gift/credit info over the phone to renew your Unlocked membership. Otherwise you will need to go in-store to renew.[/QUOTE]

Most stores will not process orders over the phone. I believe that is actually policy to deny it.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I see the coupon brochure. Is it possible to use the coupon without buying the sub? :)[/QUOTE]

Buy the damn sub

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I see the coupon brochure. Is it possible to use the coupon without buying the sub? :)[/QUOTE]

That would be considered Theft.

[quote name='Deader2818']That would be considered Theft.[/QUOTE]
I agree, so I didn't take those coupons. I actually have them already but wanted a 2nd set.

My sub runs out this issue, so I was tempted. But I didn't do it. CAGs need morals, too (in regards to stealing vs not stealing). :)

Is there anyway to check for ZoE and Tekken Tag 2, both PS3? Neither are on the website anymore and without the SKU the employees I asked couldn't even check the stock.

[quote name='Robert Conley']Is there anyway to check for ZoE and Tekken Tag 2, both PS3? Neither are on the website anymore and without the SKU the employees I asked couldn't even check the stock.[/QUOTE]

It's not at all foolproof, but sometimes I have success with Milo - if Milo shows that it's in stock, it should be there (but I think it only updates once a day).

[quote name='Deader2818']That would be considered Theft.[/QUOTE]

The guy at my best buy told me since I was an unlocked member, I could have one. I didn't argue.

[quote name='nadohawk']Is the DBZ game really as bad as the reviewers made it out to be?[/QUOTE]

I am having fun with it. It is not a deep game, but it does tire you out punching shit a million times.

[quote name='Arachnicide']I am having fun with it. It is not a deep game, but it does tire you out punching shit a million times.[/QUOTE]

Well I need to get in shape for the ladies anyway....

[quote name='Arachnicide']The guy at my best buy told me since I was an unlocked member, I could have one. I didn't argue.[/QUOTE]

lol why can't I have that luck? I'm getting jerked around being told to call their customer service and everything. Honestly all they'd have to do is look up that I have an active subscription and give that stupid thing to me but they won't.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']It's not at all foolproof, but sometimes I have success with Milo - if Milo shows that it's in stock, it should be there (but I think it only updates once a day).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link.

I picked up a copy of Zone of Enders for 360 for $20. The odds of it being on sale during this coupon period are pretty slim right? Should I hold onto my receipt just in case, or is it probably not worth it? Also I saw they still had Doom 3 for Pc in stock. Tempted to go back and grab it at a later time.

bread's done
Back