March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Return fraud! Hurray![/QUOTE]

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Username could not be more appropriate.[/QUOTE]
It's not return fraud. I've spoken to many Walmart managers about this and they've told me it isn't against company policy to do this. And it is most certainly not legally wrong either.

[quote name='Grimoire']It's not return fraud. I've spoken to many Walmart managers about this and they've told me it isn't against company policy to do this. And it is most certainly not legally wrong either.[/QUOTE]

Must be some dumbass walmart managers near you.

If it's not against company police, how about you get a friend to videotape you going into a store and saying "I bought this at Best Buy, I'd like to return it here." Let us know how that works out for you.

edit: on second thought, maybe we're being trolled. /shrug

[quote name='Grimoire']It's not return fraud. I've spoken to many Walmart managers about this and they've told me it isn't against company policy to do this. And it is most certainly not legally wrong either.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious or making fun of that one guy that said this.

:bs:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is Battlefield 3 worth any amount of money if I'm only interested in the campaign? Is there a campaign?[/QUOTE]
The campaign is decent and about 5-8hrs long. I actually thought the 2 latest Medal of Honor games had better campaigns. The cheapest route would be to do a redbox or similar rental.

[quote name='confoosious']Must be some dumbass walmart managers near you.

If it's not against company police, how about you get a friend to videotape you going into a store and saying "I bought this at Best Buy, I'd like to return it here." Let us know how that works out for you.

edit: on second thought, maybe we're being trolled. /shrug[/QUOTE]
Okay, so go ahead and tell me how it's illegal.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is Battlefield 3 worth any amount of money if I'm only interested in the campaign? Is there a campaign?[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY NOT

the campaign is not worth ANY amount of money
by far the worst FPS campaign I can remember playing

[quote name='Grimoire']Okay, so go ahead and tell me how it's illegal.[/QUOTE]

Did I say anything about illegal?

You're the genius who said that a walmart manager told you it wasn't against company policy. Prove it.

:drool:

[quote name='tham1988']ABSOLUTELY NOT

the campaign is not worth ANY amount of money
by far the worst FPS campaign I can remember playing[/QUOTE]

you haven't played brink's "campaign" then :roll:

but yea, there are plenty of FPS games with terrible campaigns. this one was just mediocre and only worth renting if you have nothing else to play

[quote name='Grimoire']Okay, so go ahead and tell me how it's illegal.[/QUOTE]

Geez dude, just look up the definition of return fraud.

Some examples of the return fraud and abuse problems include:

Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud
(I generally don't like citing Wikipedia as a source but it's right there!)

If a store manager tells you its ok to buy items cheap at another store then return it for more at their store, they are morons as all that does is add to their shrink. If a district manager finds out they do that willingly, you better believe they will get their ass fired.

Also, a large portion of people that do this dont simply buy an item from another store and then return it. They steal it and then return it.

Laws vary significantly in their form, content, and level of restriction by state. Since the subject of laws were interjected, there is no better example of hypocrisy and violation by the US Government of its own laws:

cnn - george w bush "either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sfNROmn7bc

Now ask yourself why the US would not only harbor a terrorist but proclaim a day after him in addition to giving the self admitted terrorist a key to the City of Hialeah Florida.

Hialeah to Honor Cuban Activist and Painter Luis Posada Carriles
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
Hialeah City Hall
3rd floor Council Chambers, 501 Palm Avenue

Mayor Carlos Hernandez, the esteemed City Council and the City of Hialeah invite our friends from the media to join us at our next City Council Meeting where Cuban activist & artist Luis Posada Carriles will receive the Key to the City of Hialeah, along with a proclamation naming the day, Luis Posada Carriles Day in Hialeah.

Mr. Posada Carriles is being honored for his unwavering dedication towards advancing democracy and demanding freedom in Cuba and the western hemisphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOz-_9fBvtE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ma4NSvUJ0I

Luis Clemente Faustino Posada Carriles (born February 15, 1928) is a Cuban-born Venezuelan extremist, and Central Intelligence Agency agent. Posada has been convicted in Panama, of involvement in various terrorist attacks and plots in the Americas, including: involvement in the 1976 bombing of a Cuban airliner that killed seventy-three people; admitted involvement in a string of bombings in 1997 targeting fashionable Cuban hotels and nightspots.

In 2005, Posada was held by U.S. authorities in Texas on the charge of illegal presence on national territory before the charges were dismissed on May 8, 2007. On September 28, 2005 a U.S. immigration judge ruled that Posada cannot be deported, finding that he faces the threat of torture in Venezuela. Isn't torture exactly what the US Government does to terrorist?

there is no way that the manager doesnt consider that fraud. either you are lying or hes just a foolish manager. heck even if it was legal i still wouldnt do it as it greatly adds to their shrink. do you know how catistrofic it would be if everyone did the samething you did ? i guess you want these retailers to go out of bussiness and say goodbye to cag huh smh

Last edited by a moderator:
Grimoire is full of shit. I work for Walmart and if a manager ever said such a thing, their ass would be fired on the spot. Asset Protection doesn't take kindly to shit like that.

[quote name='strait edge follower']there is no way that the manager doesnt consider that fraud. either you are lying or hes just a foolish manager. heck even if it was legal i still wouldnt do it as it greatly adds to their shrink. do you know how catsitrofic it would be if everyone did the samething you did ? i guess you want these retailers to go out of bussiness and say goodbye to cag huh smh[/QUOTE]

cat...sit...what?? :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']Did I say anything about illegal?

You're the genius who said that a walmart manager told you it wasn't against company policy. Prove it.

:drool:[/QUOTE]

Walmart has a return policy for returning without a receipt and if the item is valued over 25 your only option is to exchange it or get store credit for it and this is likely in an effort to avoid people returning high value items for cash and profiting from it in some way.

As well as that, if they give you store credit, they have the merchandise, they're out nothing as they still have the wares that you have been credited for, it's breaking even really and no different in the end from returning the item if you bought it there.

Whether it's technically legal or anything is another issue all together, but if you read their policy on this it quite easily allows for it to happen to an extent.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Since now and for digital only.

You essentially get 2 sets of coupons too. One for online use, and the other for store.[/QUOTE]

Damn I need to convert my mag to digital then.

[quote name='bluelark']

As well as that, if they give you store credit, they have the merchandise, they're out nothing as they still have the wares that you have been credited for, it's breaking even really and no different in the end from returning the item if you bought it there.

[/QUOTE]

This is a joke right? Walmart is fine with giving you $60 for a game because they can turn around and sell it for $60? You think Walmart buys things at the same price they sell them, huh?

It never ceases to amaze me how people will explain away the dumbest shit with the weakest logic.

[quote name='confoosious']This is a joke right? Walmart is fine with giving you $60 for a game because they can turn around and sell it for $60? You think Walmart buys things at the same price they sell them, huh?

It never ceases to amaze me how people will explain away the dumbest shit with the weakest logic.[/QUOTE]

How is it any different from you buying the game from them and returning it? You exchange money for goods. Then you return goods for your money back. Explain that one. On top of that they STILL have the money, because you got store credit. They lost nothing.

[quote name='bluelark']How is it any different from you buying the game from them and returning it? You exchange money for goods. Then you return goods for your money back. Explain that one. On top of that they STILL have the money, because you got store credit. They lost nothing.[/QUOTE]

OK. I'm gonna have to stay away from this one before I lose faith in humanity.

They are still PAYING you 59.99 for the game. Just because its STORE credit doesn't mean its nothing.

You are still getting an item of 59.99 value. Lets just say that they sale you a game for 59.99 they bought that game from the distributor for 39.99. Means when they sale it to you, they make a 20 dollar profit.

Now, if you bring that game to them that you bought at best buy or whatever, they are buying it form you for 59.99. When they sale that game to someone else, they sale it for 59.99. Meaning they make no money from that.

[quote name='Deader2818']They are still PAYING you 59.99 for the game. Just because its STORE credit doesn't mean its nothing.

You are still getting an item of 59.99 value. Lets just say that they sale you a game for 59.99 they bought that game from the distributor for 39.99. Means when they sale it to you, they make a 20 dollar profit.

Now, if you bring that game to them that you bought at best buy or whatever, they are buying it form you for 59.99. When they sale that game to someone else, they sale it for 59.99. Meaning they make no money from that.[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to defend what this person stated they did, just giving some information.

While that logic does make sense, you are overlooking something. The gift card is not cash that can be spent at another store, it stays with Wal-Mart. So following your scenario:
Wal-Mart gives person $60+tax gift card for game->Wal-Mart in theory sells that game for $60+tax->$0 made. Person spends $60 gift card on $60 worth of goods that Wal-Mart, in theory, spent $40 to obtain. So the store still made the same $20 overall. Again, this is all based around the fact that WM was able to sell the game for $60 and the person bought goods that Wal-Mart sold at a similar profit margin.

[quote name='Deader2818']They are still PAYING you 59.99 for the game. Just because its STORE credit doesn't mean its nothing.

Now, if you bring that game to them that you bought at best buy or whatever, they are buying it form you for 59.99. When they sale that game to someone else, they sale it for 59.99. Meaning they make no money from that.[/QUOTE]

Store credit is their return option without a receipt because they get the money and it keeps them from getting scammed. You know that's why they do that right? Store credit means that you get something of equal value as far as price. You don't items valued higher than the one you've returned. That's why they do it. They have the goods, they have the money, it's good with them. That's like arguing you can't return the game to another store because that store never had your money to begin with and they're buying it from you for the sticker price while you get your money.

Honestly, there's a reason they give you store credit for anything over 25 and not cash without a receipt. If it's not for that reason, and it's not essentially the same to them, then feel free to explain why they don't just give you cash for higher valued items, even if they're sealed and brand new and all.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am not trying to defend what this person stated they did, just giving some information.

While that logic does make sense, you are overlooking something. The gift card is not cash that can be spent at another store, it stays with Wal-Mart. So following your scenario:
Wal-Mart gives person $60+tax gift card for game->Wal-Mart in theory sells that game for $60+tax->$0 made. Person spends $60 gift card on $60 worth of goods that Wal-Mart, in theory, spent $40 to obtain. So the store still made the same $20 overall. Again, this is all based around the fact that WM was able to sell the game for $60 and the person bought goods that Wal-Mart sold at a similar profit margin.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I'm saying. I'm not defending the practice or anything, but in the end they come out even basically. They have store credit as the option for returns >25 without a receipt for a reason. If it didn't end up the same (to them, at least enough to do it knowing this could/would happen) or was the same as giving you cash over why wouldn't they just give you cash instead of credit? That alone should defeat the idea that they're losing because they "paid" when in reality they're not really losing anything because of the store credit and all. And they just flat out wouldn't EVER allow it if it was THAT big of an issue.

[quote name='bluelark']Store credit is their return option without a receipt because they get the money and it keeps them from getting scammed. You know that's why they do that right? Store credit means that you get something of equal value as far as price. You don't items valued higher than the one you've returned. That's why they do it. They have the goods, they have the money, it's good with them. That's like arguing you can't return the game to another store because that store never had your money to begin with and they're buying it from you for the sticker price while you get your money.

Honestly, there's a reason they give you store credit for anything over 25 and not cash without a receipt. If it's not for that reason, and it's not essentially the same to them, then feel free to explain why they don't just give you cash for higher valued items, even if they're sealed and brand new and all.[/QUOTE]

They do this because there are people who get gifts that they arent sure where they came from or people that actually do lose their receipt. They don't do this so people can bring in items they stole or get cheaper else where to make profit.

[quote name='confoosious']Please someone restore my faith in CAG.[/QUOTE]

I try my best but there is too much stupid to combat.

[quote name='confoosious']Did I say anything about illegal?

:drool:[/QUOTE]

You're calling it return fraud. Return fraud is illegal. Returning things to Walmart that you purchased for cheap elsewhere is not return fraud and not illegal.

[quote name='Dund3r']Geez dude, just look up the definition of return fraud.

Some examples of the return fraud and abuse problems include:

Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.[/QUOTE]

Funny that you pull up that response. Look at the bolded red word. Receipt fraud. Receipt fraud. This is not receipt fraud because there is no receipt involved. Do you know what receipt fraud is? It is what you guys do on a regular basis. Buy something in one place when the price is high, then when the price is low somewhere else, you buy it there, then return it with the old receipt. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that, I wouldn't need to be a CAG, because I would be rich. So what you are telling me is that not only am I not committing return fraud, but many people on CAG are committing return fraud. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='Grimoire']You're calling it return fraud. Return fraud is illegal. Returning things to Walmart that you purchased for cheap elsewhere is not return fraud and not illegal.

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to table for a moment whether it's illegal or not.

Now, you said "I've spoken to many Walmart managers about this and they've told me it isn't against company policy to do this." This being "Returning things to Walmart that you purchased for cheap elsewhere."

You're actually seriously sitting there trying to feed this to us? You honestly believe this and aren't just trolling?

I give up.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm going to table for a moment whether it's illegal or not.

Now, you said "I've spoken to many Walmart managers about this and they've told me it isn't against company policy to do this." This being "Returning things to Walmart that you purchased for cheap elsewhere."

You're actually seriously sitting there trying to feed this to us? You honestly believe this and aren't just trolling?

I give up.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Walmart makes no distinction on whether or not it was purchased from them. Just don't go over the 3 time per 2 month limit and it's fine. That's what the website says and that's what I was told.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm going to table for a moment whether it's illegal or not.

I give up.[/QUOTE]

Just put him on ignore. Anyone with a brain knows its fraud and nothing way say is going to make him stop doing what he does and it seems hes just going to say whatever to make himself feel good about what hes doing.

[quote name='Grimoire']Indeed. Walmart makes no distinction on whether or not it was purchased from them. Just don't go over the 3 time per 2 month limit and it's fine. That's what the website says and that's what I was told.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight.

If I walk into Walmart right now with a copy of DBZ Kinect, and say "I bought this at Best Buy, I would like to return it here for full price. I don't have a receipt. But according to your website and what walmart managers have told 'people,' Walmart makes no distinction on whether or not it was purchased from you. This is my first time doing this so I have not gone over the 3 times per 2 month limit." that they will say "Sure, that's our policy, there's nothing wrong with that. Here's $39.96."

Yeah. That makes sense.

[quote name='Grimoire']You're calling it return fraud. Return fraud is illegal. Returning things to Walmart that you purchased for cheap elsewhere is not return fraud and not illegal. [/QUOTE]

Kakashi-facepalm_o_120680.jpg

Stop trying to justify what you are doing....please :wall:

[quote name='confoosious']So let me get this straight.

If I walk into Walmart right now with a copy of DBZ Kinect, and say "I bought this at Best Buy, I would like to return it here for full price. I don't have a receipt. But according to your website and what walmart managers have told 'people,' Walmart makes no distinction on whether or not it was purchased from you. This is my first time doing this so I have not gone over the 3 times per 2 month limit." that they will say "Sure, that's our policy, there's nothing wrong with that. Here's $39.96."

Yeah. That makes sense.[/QUOTE]
Yes. And I noticed that I didn't get a response about my other comment. You want to sweep your illegal actions under the rug, while trying to expose my non-illegal but slightly immoral actions?

i'm sure this wasn't what they had in mind at walmart's business meeting when they came up with that policy.

"hey let's have this policy so people can buy stuff at other stores and return it at ours!"

yea right guy

[quote name='Grimoire']Yes. And I noticed that I didn't get a response about my other comment. You want to sweep your illegal actions under the rug, while trying to expose my non-illegal but slightly immoral actions?[/QUOTE]

Do you understand that Dund3r and I are not the same person? You understand this, yes? He brought up the receipt fraud thing, not me. And I have no idea what he does or does not do.

But, I'll be your huckleberry. I actually never return anything from one store that I bought from another. I will price match best buy post purchase cause that's awesome.

[quote name='Grimoire']Yes. And I noticed that I didn't get a response about my other comment. You want to sweep your illegal actions under the rug, while trying to expose my non-illegal but slightly immoral actions?[/QUOTE]

Slightly immoral? It's completely immoral. At least everyone here knows the kinda person you are now

[quote name='Grimoire']...my non-illegal but slightly immoral actions[/QUOTE]there's no such thing as degrees of morality, bub.

the fuck outta here

futuramaslap.gif

edit: COME ON BEST BUY. PUT DOOM 3 ON SALE FOR $30. I would even settle for $35 since i have a $10 RZ cert waiting to be used. this was my last issue of my subscription. I just wanna end on a high note.

[quote name='confoosious']Please someone restore my faith in CAG.[/QUOTE]
Once, I was a student of the martial arts. Now, I only study fuck

Aaaaaand once again, CAG's illegal and immoral actions are swept under the rug. Mission accomplished! Great work guys... NOT!

bread's done
Back