March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you renew your subscription online? Can't find that info anywhere, and Best Buy hasn't emailed me back.

Grabbed ttt2 today and I might try to get Walmart to use the coupon since my best buy doesn't have doom 3 which is a total bummer.

Oh and ttt2 was for 360 if anyone wants to add me to play.

[quote name='bshirk']How do you renew your subscription online? Can't find that info anywhere, and Best Buy hasn't emailed me back.[/QUOTE]
I don't think you can. It's always been in store, unless something has changed recently that I missed.

Are we allowed to use the coupons from this month's pamphlet without being a gamer's club UNLOCKED member?

I used to buy a few magazine individually without being a member, but now the coupon has terms "Must be Gamers Club Member to use coupon".

I am a "FREE" Gamer's Club member. So does this mean I can use the coupons even though there is no longer a magazine, and I didn't pay the $15 for the premium membership? That would actually be pretty sweet going forward. Not sure why they would do that though and not take our $5/$15, I'm guessing their plan is to eventually force everyone to pay for "UNLOCKED". But for this month I just want to know if I should be cool to use a couple of these coupons.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Are we allowed to use the coupons from this month's pamphlet without being a gamer's club UNLOCKED member?

I used to buy a few magazine individually without being a member, but now the coupon has terms "Must be Gamers Club Member to use coupon".

I am a "FREE" Gamer's Club member. So does this mean I can use the coupons even though there is no longer a magazine, and I didn't pay the $15 for the premium membership? That would actually be pretty sweet going forward. Not sure why they would do that though and not take our $5/$15, I'm guessing their plan is to eventually force everyone to pay for "UNLOCKED". But for this month I just want to know if I should be cool to use a couple of these coupons.[/QUOTE]
Is it even to possible to buy just one digital issue and get this month's pamplet? If not, the only option I see is stealing the monthly pamplet to use the coupons. I got DBZ kinect the other day and the coupon didn't work till the rep scanned my Rewardzone card which might be change in the system. I think in the past they could just scan the coupon and it just worked.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Are we allowed to use the coupons from this month's pamphlet without being a gamer's club UNLOCKED member?

I am a "FREE" Gamer's Club member. So does this mean I can use the coupons even though there is no longer a magazine, and I didn't pay the $15 for the premium membership? That would actually be pretty sweet going forward. Not sure why they would do that though and not take our $5/$15, I'm guessing their plan is to eventually force everyone to pay for "UNLOCKED". But for this month I just want to know if I should be cool to use a couple of these coupons.[/QUOTE]

Here's a crazy idea: how about you buy the membership and support the company who is giving you a good gaming deal? If you had done this In the past rather than buy multiple $5 magazines, you would have saved money in the long run.

FYI - I went to my local BB and saw that they have the coupons in like a paper slip brochure. Since they made the magazine now digital and some people who renewed it still haven't recieved their coupons. You might ask your local BB if you can have this brochure.

Where did you get the coupons before if you weren't a member?

[quote name='TooPoor']Where did you get the coupons before if you weren't a member?[/QUOTE]

I would just buy the magazine in the store for $5 *IF* it had a coupon I wanted, which wasn't all that often.

I think I bought it about 3 times over the years, which worked out to $15. However I'm pretty sure that was spread out over way more than 12 months - probably in about 2 years I bought 3 or 4 magazines max.

[quote name='Dund3r']Here's a crazy idea: how about you buy the membership and support the company who is giving you a good gaming deal? If you had done this In the past rather than buy multiple $5 magazines, you would have saved money in the long run.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I never actually bought more than 3 magazines in a year. Maybe 3 in two years. And the coupon does say "Gamers Club Member" - it doesn't say Unlocked. So I'm just wondering if anyone has actually used the coupon straight out of this new format pamphlet, without being "Unlocked".

Obviously this would be even better than buying magazine, since... you know... pamphlet is free.

I didn't even realize Gamers Club had been around 2 years. I thought I signed up pretty early!

I can't for the life of me find my coupons that the employees tell me are at my RZ page somewhere. Its certainly not in the Gamers Club portion. Are the employees wrong? How do I get my coupons if they are not in the mail or at the site?

[quote name='usagi']Is it even to possible to buy just one digital issue and get this month's pamplet? If not, the only option I see is stealing the monthly pamplet to use the coupons. I got DBZ kinect the other day and the coupon didn't work till the rep scanned my Rewardzone card which might be change in the system. I think in the past they could just scan the coupon and it just worked.[/QUOTE]

Guy just handed me a pamphlet while trying to sell me the gamers club. So no idea if he was supposed to do that or not.

I wasn't even in there thinking about gamers club - I was looking for clearance games, but since I got the coupons now I'm just wondering if they still work same as they would have in the old days (where I would buy the magazine).

[quote name='Flowstance']I didn't even realize Gamers Club had been around 2 years. I thought I signed up pretty early!

I can't for the life of me find my coupons that the employees tell me are at my RZ page somewhere. Its certainly not in the Gamers Club portion. Are the employees wrong? How do I get my coupons if they are not in the mail or at the site?[/QUOTE]

I think it's less than two years. I'm guessing it was September of 2011.

I've been a member since October of 2011.

[quote name='DCpinoy']I think it's less than two years. I'm guessing it was September of 2011.

I've been a member since October of 2011.[/QUOTE]
yep

[quote name='TooPoor']yep[/QUOTE]

Yup and not to be a white knight for BB or anything but GCU has been totally worth it. With the 10 percent bonuses, @gamer coupons and the $20 RZ preorder certificates. I find it more useful than my PUR Pro membership.

Okay couple questions here:

If I subscribe to the magazine(which is 15 bucks right?), I'm automatically a Gamer's Unlocked Member? Or is that something I have to attain separately?

And if I want the digital subscription, can I have the option of subscribing online? There's no Best Buy near me..which me brings me to my last question: Is the subscription worth it for coupons if I'm going to make all my purchases online? In other words is the shipping and availability of the items sufficient enough so that I can make full use of my coupons without actually going into a Best Buy store?

[quote name='redmangoose']Okay couple questions here:

If I subscribe to the magazine(which is 15 bucks right?), I'm automatically a Gamer's Unlocked Member? Or is that something I have to attain separately?

And if I want the digital subscription, can I have the option of subscribing online? There's no Best Buy near me..which me brings me to my last question: Is the subscription worth it for coupons if I'm going to make all my purchases online? In other words is the shipping and availability of the items sufficient enough so that I can make full use of my coupons without actually going into a Best Buy store?[/QUOTE]

If you become a GCU the magazine is free (just like GameStop memberships)

Many things changed in your favor just last month.

Coupons can now be used online.

Unfortunately you cannot sign up online (but they are working on this as we speak).

GCU is one of the best memberships I have purchased. $20 off new games, at least 1 coupon every other issue that is a money maker in trade, a $5-$10 good game every 3rd issue, etc etc etc. don't forget that we also get bonus coupons through the GCU unlocked RZ portal. Current ones are Here

Does anyone have a Doom 3 BFG coupon that can be used online? I am a print sub person still and the store near me doesn't have any copies, as such I want to order online. If someone has one they don't plan on using that would be awesome and I would be very thankful.

Anyone having a problem getting the march digital issue on ipad? I got the email saying that the issue is available and that to enter account number in both fields. I did that and got an authorization failed. I also just got the march print issue in the mail as well.

Thanks

[quote name='DCpinoy']Yup and not to be a white knight for BB or anything but GCU has been totally worth it. With the 10 percent bonuses, @gamer coupons and the $20 RZ preorder certificates. I find it more useful than my PUR Pro membership.[/QUOTE]

this. and people really have to realize that the more people sign up for memberships, the better the deals will be.

so can the physical coupons work online or do they send unique codes to your email? I wonder how digital coupons work

[quote name='HenDoggy']so can the physical coupons work online or do they send unique codes to your email? I wonder how digital coupons work[/QUOTE]
No physical coupons are only allowed in store. If you have a digital subscription then you'll also get a set of digital coupons (along with a set of physical coupons) which you just use the code online.

[quote name='J7.']Can you use coupons multiple times, if you do it on separate orders?[/QUOTE]

Only if you have more than one coupon.

Just a head ups. I was at Best Buy today and they had all used copies of Modern Warefare 3 hand marked down to 19.99. Didn't have my coupons on me to see if it would work but YMMV on seeing if your store has them marked to 19.99 and getting a copy for free.

So I assume in going digital, you no longer get any issues sent to your house. Is there any way to get a coupon to use on BestBuy.com without going digital?

If not, would anyone PM me a spare online coupon for DBZ Kinect?

I feel so screwed. I went to buy the GOW Judgement book for the Big Game Skin, and theguy said that the Gamer mag made it 1/2 off anyway so I did that.

Then the coupon was no wear to be found so I returned the book, but I only got 15 bucks back and I still have this damn digital mag. The bb guy said the b2g1 was "all the time" . It's 1 damn coupon! What a rip off (>>)

O well at least I found a 20 on teh ground today

[quote name='Deader2818']Just a head ups. I was at Best Buy today and they had all used copies of Modern Warefare 3 hand marked down to 19.99. Didn't have my coupons on me to see if it would work but YMMV on seeing if your store has them marked to 19.99 and getting a copy for free.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever check on this?

I'll be headed to a BB today, anyway. Might be store specific.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Did you ever check on this?[/QUOTE]

they wouldnt give it to me for free. It was marked down for "EOL" or something because the price wasn't scanning up as 19.99. They said I could either have it for 19.99 or 9.99 with the coupon and not both system the system wouldnt take 20 off of the 19.99 price.

[quote name='Deader2818']they wouldnt give it to me for free. It was marked down for "EOL" or something because the price wasn't scanning up as 19.99. They said I could either have it for 19.99 or 9.99 with the coupon and not both system the system wouldnt take 20 off of the 19.99 price.[/QUOTE]

Dang. Thanks.

Still gonna check on it since I'm going to GS afterwards.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Yup and not to be a white knight for BB or anything but GCU has been totally worth it. With the 10 percent bonuses, @gamer coupons and the $20 RZ preorder certificates. I find it more useful than my PUR Pro membership.[/QUOTE]

For me it was worth it the first year, but not since I renewed last Fall. I think I've used maybe 2 coupons since then. The only one recently was DBZ and all I ended up doing with that was trading it in to Gamestop for $14. I don't buy used games there and I haven't been doing the preorder deal since I still don't want to pay even $40 for most new games. So it is definitely YMMV as to the worth of it. I would take PUR over GCU any day of the week. I get my PUR cost back within a month or two usually. With GCU, I will probably break even with the next coupon I can use (hopefully there will be one more before September) but I don't see coming out ahead by much if anything. If not, I probably won't bother renewing.

[quote name='io']For me it was worth it the first year, but not since I renewed last Fall. I think I've used maybe 2 coupons since then. The only one recently was DBZ and all I ended up doing with that was trading it in to Gamestop for $14. I don't buy used games there and I haven't been doing the preorder deal since I still don't want to pay even $40 for most new games. So it is definitely YMMV as to the worth of it. I would take PUR over GCU any day of the week. I get my PUR cost back within a month or two usually. With GCU, I will probably break even with the next coupon I can use (hopefully there will be one more before September) but I don't see coming out ahead by much if anything. If not, I probably won't bother renewing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i totally understand your point of view. I guess GCU is mainly better for people who are day one purchasers.

Picked up another DBZ tonight.
I took my father in law to a Best Buy that was about an hour away, because he was looking for a soundbar that he hadn't been able to find anywhere. Didn't think to check MW3.
They had a much nicer game section than at my local store. It was huge, and they pretty much had everything in stock. Plus, they actually had Collector's Editions of games. My store never gets CEs.
I'm going to have to make it a habit of checking this store more often.

[quote name='io']For me it was worth it the first year, but not since I renewed last Fall. I think I've used maybe 2 coupons since then. The only one recently was DBZ and all I ended up doing with that was trading it in to Gamestop for $14. I don't buy used games there and I haven't been doing the preorder deal since I still don't want to pay even $40 for most new games. So it is definitely YMMV as to the worth of it. I would take PUR over GCU any day of the week. I get my PUR cost back within a month or two usually. With GCU, I will probably break even with the next coupon I can use (hopefully there will be one more before September) but I don't see coming out ahead by much if anything. If not, I probably won't bother renewing.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday made it worth it for me already. Definitely subbing again just to use the B2G1 during that time. Saved me a whole $40 on, at the time, relatively new releases. (Think it was Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, aaaaannd... Borderlands 2?)

does anyone have the booklet in their hand? Can you post the number needed for them to enter it for DBZ kinect? For some reason i never got mines in the mail yet and the BB tried to look for it, but said that they never received it.

There's no longer a $5 option the booklets aren't free with the new system you must pay $15 to be unlocked. If the coupons are scanned & ur not unlocked the pc will not deduct the coupon. An overide would be needed, I believe these are being tracked now as well.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Are we allowed to use the ocoupons from this month's pamphlet without being a gamer's club UNLOCKED member?

[quote name='usagi']Is it even to possible to buy just one digital issue and get this month's pamplet? If not, the only option I see is stealing the monthly pamplet to use the coupons. I got DBZ kinect the other day and the coupon didn't work till the rep scanned my Rewardzone card which might be change in the system. I think in the past they could just scan the coupon and it just worked.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snowmint']Can you use these coupon multiple times or is it one use only?[/QUOTE]

"Limit 1 coupon per person, per household."

It's tied to your GCU so I wouldn't risk it.

My email reminds me "Coupons valid through 4/6/13" but the link I follow says "Sorry, no coupons are available," which seems like a contradiction. Better remember to print out my coupons next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snowmint']Can you use these coupon multiple times or is it one use only?[/QUOTE]

You can use it at least twice since you get two separate coupon/codes per item. One in-store and one online.

Whats the link to access my digital issue.

I never received an email and have been a Unlocked member for going on 2 years

[quote name='Chedeng88']You can use it at least twice since you get two separate coupon/codes per item. One in-store and one online.[/QUOTE]

Is that new with the digital coupons? My coupon from the physical mag says it's not eligible for any online order.

bread's done
Back