Mario Galaxy 2 $19.99 at Kmart

Just got back from my local store. There were two copies of SMG2 out with the cheaper games next to the glass case, and they even had the $19.99 stickers on them. Not a bad deal on the last reason I have to play my Wii.

The KMart I went to today was really unorganized but the electronics guy was super awesome. He went through their small case with games (like 200/300 games in a small little thing) that were unorganized and not in alphabetical order and he managed to find me SMG2. Good stuff thx OP!

[quote name='Link927']I just realized something....my local Kmart has a bin in the front with various video games and I forgot to check that :facepalm: Well, I'll probably need to check it out again on another day[/QUOTE]
Ours has that too, but it's almost always full of shovelware. Even if they're super cheap, the good games are usually in the game section. It's certainly worth a shot, though. I just made an assload of money from Batman codes, so I'm definitely checking our K-Mart tomorrow.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Kmarts have different prices. The first one I went to had it for $20, the other still had that $49.99 sticker on it.[/QUOTE]

Did you have the one with the $49.99 tag scanned? Cause often times they won't take that off, but the price still goes down.

Picked up the last one at my local Kmart this morning.

Perfect timing ... my daughter just finished the first one and has been asking for the 2nd. I now have a cheap Xmas gift.

I ended up being able to go tonight, just a few minutes before closing time. They didn't have a damn thing there. They seriously had fewer games there than I have at home. The bargain bin was pretty full and had some good games like SingStar Queen and Squishy Tank, but almost everything was priced way too high.

Was able to pick up a Mini Lalaloopsy that my wife was missing, though.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Mine didn't have SMG2 either :(
Still happy about the Buzz TV with Buzzers for $15 though.[/QUOTE]
PS3 version? Only ones I saw at our store were for PS2.

[quote name='ZombieToast']PS3 version? Only ones I saw at our store were for PS2.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. The PS2 are in plastic while mine was in a box and clearly says Playstation 3

was able to pick up the last copy of SMG2 and saw SMG for 14.99(pricing error) so i picked that up as well for a 37.xx total...not too bad ..thanks OP!

[quote name='JP73']Did you have the one with the $49.99 tag scanned? Cause often times they won't take that off, but the price still goes down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely have them scan it to make sure. Mine had the 49.99 sticker and was in the glass case, but it turned out to be $20

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update. Drove down to another KMart today and they had two copies. However, both rang up at $49.99. So either it's over, or this is YMMV. Really took me bu surprise. I really thought this was good at every Kmart, with the results people were getting on here.

And can anyone else confirm, maybe post a receipt, that DKCR is also $19.99?

[quote name='JP73']Did you have the one with the $49.99 tag scanned? Cause often times they won't take that off, but the price still goes down.[/QUOTE]
No but most of the time they have to override them. That's what happened when I bought Kirby Mass Attack for $15

There were a few (Mario Galaxy 2's - :wii:) left at the Rivers Avenue/N . CHAS location in Charleston, SC; the other two stores I tried (Goose Creek and Savannah Highway) were empty.

Each still had the $49.99 sticker but rang up for $19.99.

Also, all of the Clearance Titles marked $14.99 were priced at $12.99 and all of the Clearance Titles marked $9.99 were priced at $7.99.

Few and far between were Clearance Titles marked $19.99 priced at $14.99 (but there were a couple: GH-Metallica, Marvel Ultimate Alliance both for :ps3: to name a few).....

Just picked this up at the Pinole, CA Kmart. they had 2 other copies there. Was able to pick up SMG2 for 19.99 and Sin and Punishment as well for 14.99.

This is definitely nationwide. Got one today in northern NJ, along with a copy of SMG1 Nintendo Selects. Haven't played either, but it's time. Now I just have to get my Wii fixed, or get a new one or something.

[quote name='buddynayr']This is definitely nationwide. Got one today in northern NJ, along with a copy of SMG1 Nintendo Selects. Haven't played either, but it's time. Now I just have to get my Wii fixed, or get a new one or something.[/QUOTE]
Maybe wait for Wii U since it can play Wii games

Tried 2 different Kmarts with DKCR and Galaxy 2. Both rang up 49.99 yesterday in NW OH, so it's regional, or store by store.

The guy at Kmart told me the reason they're discounting games at surprisingly low prices is because they have clear their inventory that no one buys to make room for new games. So Kmarts that do actively sell games keep their original price tag.

It's definitely store by store. I went to two Kmarts 12 miles apart and one rung up at 19.99 the other at 49.99. Went to a nearby Sears and it rung up at 49.99 as well.

SMG2 was $20 at the Kmart I checked, but DKCR was $50. Went to one WalMart for a price match and waited 10 minutes for an approval. Decided it wasn't worth the wait to grab another, so I went to a different WalMart. They said they couldn't price match from a receipt even though the first one I went to did.

Yeah, I was told at best Buy and Walmart that they can't price match from a receipt. The first Walmart you went to, the person probably just didn't care. And why should he, no hair off his ass.

Has anyone else in general been able to get Donkey Kong Country Returns for $20? I've only seen one confirmation so far.

I didnt even know DKCR was 19.99 also...dammit now i gotta go back and hope i can snag one! Had luck with SMG2 and found SMG for 14.99...is that regular or a price mistake?

Does Wal Mart price match other Wal Mart stores? Can I show them my receipt where I got SMG2 for $20 and get that same price in another Wal Mart?

[quote name='blcklblskt']Does Wal Mart price match other Wal Mart stores? Can I show them my receipt where I got SMG2 for $20 and get that same price in another Wal Mart?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt Wal-Mart would price match another Wal-Mart, since the prices are never the same from one store to the next. They set prices based on the location and the market, so you'll find stuff cheaper at a store in the ghetto as opposed to one in some rich suburb.

Checked out 2 stores. The fall river, ma store had the tag on the shelf and the attleboro store had no sign of it. I guess the guy from fairhaven bought them all

same here, picked one up for $20 but the store 10 miles down still had it at $49.99, i guess it's not surprising since they always manage to sellout every new game that's released

checked one of my two kmarts today and it rang up for 50... guess ill try my other kmart on tues when i get uncharted.

Really wish SHC-Gamer would post some sort of definitive list. These store by store prices are very frustrating.

Josh probably couldn't care less about the clearance games. It's not like those are the games that are bringing in all that much money for Kmart. He's more focused on the KmartGamer deals.

Here's the DKCR for $20 confirmation people wanted
6287554601_f09f770d3c.jpg

and of course SMG2 for $20 people have been seeing
6288074634_51d6c47bfe.jpg

I must say, your Kmart has the Wii games, and I assume other games, are neatly stacked and lined up. I do not recall one instance where my Kmart put their games like that, they just throw them in stacks so you can see the front, but there are at least 2 stacks behind that arent visible -_-

[quote name='Link927']I must say, your Kmart has the Wii games, and I assume other games, are neatly stacked and lined up. I do not recall one instance where my Kmart put their games like that, they just throw them in stacks so you can see the front, but there are at least 2 stacks behind that arent visible -_-[/QUOTE]

Mine are usually stacked such as that, but that pricing on the spine sure is sexy. Wish my local kmarts would adopt a similar solution...

Of the two Florida Kmart's I frequent one throws all there clearance stuff in a metal cage and it's like bobbing for apples. :)

The other stacks them on top of a table in the videogame section of the store.

Our K-Mart displays older games with the spine facing out and newer ones with the artwork facing out. They might as well do it like other stores, though, 'cause it's so sad seeing those big empty shelves.

[quote name='vicks']Mine are usually stacked such as that, but that pricing on the spine sure is sexy. Wish my local kmarts would adopt a similar solution...[/QUOTE]
Oh yes. It's definitely eye candy to us lol

[quote name='SuperMario64']Here's the DKCR for $20 confirmation people wanted
6287554601_f09f770d3c.jpg

and of course SMG2 for $20 people have been seeing
6288074634_51d6c47bfe.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm Jealous. Mine are barely in alphabetical order and just stacked behind the glass. That Kmart isn't in NJ, is it? Damn, i want that 20 dollar DKCR!!!!

Went in to return my SMG2 today, while I was there I scanned the DKCR barcode, which also rang up at $50. I did see three copies of Donkey Kong there, as well as three copies of the Metroid Prime Triolgy -- thinking about heading back next week to see either Mario or DK drop, and see what price Metroid is sitting at.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Went in to return my SMG2 today, while I was there I scanned the DKCR barcode, which also rang up at $50. I did see three copies of Donkey Kong there, as well as three copies of the Metroid Prime Triolgy -- thinking about heading back next week to see either Mario or DK drop, and see what price Metroid is sitting at.[/QUOTE]

You lucky duck, just the fact that you were able to find Metroid Prime Trilogy is amazing in itself. I would suggest picking it up even if it were $50, considering you can't find it cheaper than $80-$100 new online (ebay or amazon)

The "new clearance list" is super disappointing. Especially since that 9.99 thread earlier this week got my hopes up.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The SMG2 for $20 is apparently a price mistake that'll be fixed by Sunday. So if you want it get it now.[/QUOTE]

Might I inquire as to how you found this out?

[quote name='JP73']Might I inquire as to how you found this out?[/QUOTE]

Stock boy mentions it in the kmart sticky up top..

bread's done
Back