Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3) - Retail Pack $15

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
the PS3 version will also come in a retail package that contains:

• Redemption Code for full game
  • DVD case with sleeve
  • Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
  • 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
  • 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
  • 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions

This is actually $5.00 more than the DD but this could be a deal for collector's and fans of the game.

EB/GS Preorder Link

UPDATE: Link is DEAD. Not sure why...could it be that they sold out?
UPDATE: 8-10-09

- package is confirmed: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/10/marvel-vs-capcom-2-retail-package-confirmed/
(looks like it won't contain the media disc unfortunately)

- preorder from EB/GS: here

mvc2-retail-conf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this will be worth picking up just to have a move list for all 56 characters. Sure, all that info is available online, but I think it will be a lot easier to try out new characters with a ready, handy reference I can flip through. Oh, the days before 2D/3D fighters had the "command list" option in the pause menus!

[quote name='OtakuFerret']I think this will be worth picking up just to have a move list for all 56 characters. Sure, all that info is available online, but I think it will be a lot easier to try out new characters with a ready, handy reference I can flip through. Oh, the days before 2D/3D fighters had the "command list" option in the pause menus![/QUOTE]

It doesn't have a movelist for all 56 characters. If the manual is the same as the one in the retail game, then it only contains partial movelists for select characters.

[quote name='GuardianE']It doesn't have a movelist for all 56 characters. If the manual is the same as the one in the retail game, then it only contains partial movelists for select characters.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing. :cry:

I assumed this after reading the Joystiq article(http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/10/marvel-vs-capcom-2-retail-package-confirmed):
"..One forum dweller confirmed most of the previously listed contents: the box does not contain a disc for the game, but rather a download code and some extras, including an eight-page color manual (that's seven characters per page!)"

Still may pick this up tho...

So anyone having luck pre-ordering in store? If so what are people looking up? The guy at the GS I went to was clueless (shocking).

I'll be out of town so I won't be able to play this untill next Monday. I bought a $50 psn car(with my 10% off discount) for this game and Fat Princess. Now I'll probably just buy this at GS at Mall of America since I kinda want the Marvel extras for just a little tax added on.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']is the retail pack worth picking this up if I can just download the game off of my friend?[/QUOTE]If buying the retail pack is the only way you'll support the industry, then yes - it's worth it.

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']Is the code still good to download the game 5 different times?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine it would as PSN codes basically buy the game for you. Unless it is like Warhawk or something it should be fine.

Also, thank you for the confirmation. Sadly my thread is a dead deal now.

Just a nitpick, it isn't 5 different times. It is unlimited downloads on 5 different Consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Purkeynator']what does 2000 capcom unity points get you?[/QUOTE]

this. seriously, what do they do? are they even worth it?

[quote name='dn3g3l']Does anyone knows if the case is a dvd case orps3 game case?[/QUOTE]

it seems to be a ps3 case from the pic in the first post

[quote name='dn3g3l']Does anyone knows if the case is a dvd case orps3 game case?[/QUOTE]

from the looks of the pick from joystiq, it looks like a normal ps3 box.

[quote name='anubis20']so come the 13th i just head to gamestop and they should have this?[/QUOTE]

i was told i could pick it up friday . i hope i can pick it up thursday

[quote name='DesertLeo']this. seriously, what do they do? are they even worth it?[/QUOTE]

Worth what? Its the same price as the PSN aside from the potential of tax

Unity Points just let you enter into raffles on their site, but I'm not sure whether you also have to have their card to use the points. If you do, it's not worth the trouble in the least considering it has like a 10 dollar monthly maintenance fee and a bunch of other BS charges tied to it.

Here's the deal from two GS's I called. One location said they are taking pre-orders, however, they are limited, the clerk has one and a regular is coming to get one. He believes they will only get 1-3 copies. I don't think he's a d-bag for pre-ordering, consider it a perk for working for the company...

Another location I called said yeah, it just popped up on their pre-order list, and they have no pre-orders yet, that is where I'm going. so yeah, I'd expect this thing to be very limited at GS until stock's get replenished, especially since the pre-order bandwagon is rolling so late...

The milestone for collecting this is, much like Patapon 2, the fact that it will be the first game released in a PS3 case w/ artwork and a DL voucher. Sure its not a full-fledged PS3 game, but still, it's nice to have something sitting on the shelf.

Whoa, didn't realize this was coming out this week. I forgot to pre-order @my local GS yesterday, so I'll try this afternoon. Worst case scenario, I'll try order online, even though there's a $3 premium w/shipping (unless I buy something else to get SAVER to work).

No luck at either of my local Gamestops. Both clerks had no idea when I called them. Why wouldn't it be up on their systems yet?

Try again tomorrow. :cry:

[quote name='Psybuster']Unity Points just let you enter into raffles on their site, but I'm not sure whether you also have to have their card to use the points. If you do, it's not worth the trouble in the least considering it has like a 10 dollar monthly maintenance fee and a bunch of other BS charges tied to it.[/QUOTE]
You don't need to the credit card to use points. You use the credit card as a means to get more points. The points can be used so long as you have a Capcom Unity account (free of course).

Pre-Ordered in store today.

Its funny because others came to reserve it before me, and some employees were confused as it was not showing up in the game search.

They had to manually look days ahead in the system to see whats coming out, and select Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for ps3 that way in order to reserve it.

Strange.

[quote name='anubis20']ordered online, making sure i don't miss out on this one[/QUOTE]

Same, not happy I have to pay for shipping but I will not miss this.

Just got my reserve. The clerk was completely knowledgeable about the retail version. The code next to the reserve on my reciept is [790016]. Don't know what it means, of if its useful, but there it is. =)

[quote name='plasmabeam']No luck at either of my local Gamestops. Both clerks had no idea when I called them. Why wouldn't it be up on their systems yet?

Try again tomorrow. :cry:[/QUOTE]

The clerk ringing me up didn't know where it was, but the other clerk told him it's under "Time Cards" or something. Wii Points, PSN $s and Microsoft Points (along with PC cards for games like WoW) must all fall under that category, and apparently this did too.

bread's done
Back