Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3) - Retail Pack $15

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
the PS3 version will also come in a retail package that contains:

• Redemption Code for full game
  • DVD case with sleeve
  • Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
  • 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
  • 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
  • 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions

This is actually $5.00 more than the DD but this could be a deal for collector's and fans of the game.

EB/GS Preorder Link

UPDATE: Link is DEAD. Not sure why...could it be that they sold out?
UPDATE: 8-10-09

- package is confirmed: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/10/marvel-vs-capcom-2-retail-package-confirmed/
(looks like it won't contain the media disc unfortunately)

- preorder from EB/GS: here

mvc2-retail-conf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gxer2002']what happens if your ps3 craps out and do you need to buy the game again or free re-dl?[/QUOTE]

The thing is, your PS3 won't crap out on you.. you probably had it mixed it up with the Xbox360.

Seriously though, I believe it is tied to your PSN account?

[quote name='gxer2002']what happens if your ps3 craps out and do you need to buy the game again or free re-dl?[/QUOTE]

It's linked to your PSN account, not your PS3.

[quote name='asianlikerice']argh! how come pre-orders do not stack with 'saver' shipping?[/QUOTE]

Saver code does stack with pre orders just has to be 25 dollars worth.

[quote name='MasterSun1']The clerk ringing me up didn't know where it was, but the other clerk told him it's under "Time Cards" or something. Wii Points, PSN $s and Microsoft Points (along with PC cards for games like WoW) must all fall under that category, and apparently this did too.[/QUOTE]

lol same thing at my gamestop. one clerk thought i meant marvel ultimate alliance. the other said its under time cards.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Saver code does stack with pre orders just has to be 25 dollars worth.[/QUOTE]

I had muramasa and mvc2 in the cart with saver coupon, and only muramasa had the saver coupon apply, :cry:

[quote name='mis0']The thing is, your PS3 won't crap out on you.. you probably had it mixed it up with the Xbox360.[/QUOTE]

Really? My first one was DOA and looking on the PSN forums back then, I wasn't the only one with that issue but probably the only one that had that problem manifest before actually being able to use it. Still, that was probably extremely few and far in between, nothing like what's going on with the 360.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Really? My first one was DOA and looking on the PSN forums back then, I wasn't the only one with that issue but probably the only one that had that problem manifest before actually being able to use it. Still, that was probably extremely few and far in between, nothing like what's going on with the 360.[/QUOTE]

my day 1 60 gb is still going strong, i have gone through 3 360s now

[quote name='anubis20']my day 1 60 gb is still going strong[/QUOTE]

So is my current one. The few of us that had problems most likely scored one from a bad early batch (I got that one about a month after launch).

Meh. Would have gotten if the bonus disc was still included. I don't get what's so great about having a box shelf for this, especially when it's empty.

[quote name='2&2']Meh. Would have gotten if the bonus disc was still included. I don't get what's so great about having a box shelf for this, especially when it's empty.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure if I'm going to get this or d/l it but, for me, if I'm going to pay the same price to d/l it as I am to get something tangible, I'd rather go with the latter.

[quote name='Serpent01']Whats the point in getting this just for a case and a booklet when its a DLC game.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm getting this for the free month of Marvel Digital Comics. I collect comics, but would like to see how the digital format works/is

Otherwise i'd just download it. Also when i preordered I wasn't charged tax....can't complain about that either

[quote name='Serpent01']Whats the point in getting this just for a case and a booklet when its a DLC game.[/QUOTE]
Because it's the same price.
(and to me, looks neat)

[quote name='flatliner718']Personally I'm getting this for the free month of Marvel Digital Comics. I collect comics, but would like to see how the digital format works/is

Otherwise i'd just download it. Also when i preordered I wasn't charged tax....can't complain about that either[/QUOTE]

True. I also did it for the month of Marvel Digital Comics. I was also surprised about the no tax because usually when I download from PSN, they do include tax. Nice.

They said they should receive it on the 14th. Lets hope so.

well they took out the extra DVD, manual and 2000 unity points. You're just paying for the case and voucher code. And since it's limited to only 15,000 the package is a lot less appealing now.

wow, what a sudden change of events! I figured all that free swag was too good to be true...still looking forward to getting this, plus a limited run of 15,000, that is nice! Glad I easily pre-ordered mine yesterday.

Wow comes with 2 codes, not worth it at all, guess if I really want to I could print out a cover at Staples or something. A bonus dvd or manual would have been an instapurchase for me.

You fail capcom.

[quote name='chewster777']Hey they have Marvel VS Capcom 2 Tournamnet sticks listed on the site now. I guess they're finally coming out.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, you're right.

$159.99, ships 10/13

[quote name='jacknicklson']Again, not worth what? Its the same price unless you factor in shipping. SAVER doesnt work for some reason. Tried ordering two and no go.[/QUOTE]

Same here. SAVER just isn't working at all for me. I emptied my cart, added a normal, non-preorder game for $40, and it didn't activate.

[quote name='blueweltall']Are they suppose to charge tax? I'm getting taxed for my order online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think they are able to b/c it is a tangible object, not strictly DLC, even though inherently that is what it is. For example, if you were to buy the Fallout 3 DLC retail boxes, they still charge tax on those.

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah I think they are able to b/c it is a tangible object, not strictly DLC, even though inherently that is what it is. For example, if you were to buy the Fallout 3 DLC retail boxes, they still charge tax on those.[/QUOTE]

DLC is also taxed when purchasing them online (well, in most states, I know CA doesn't).

the only real thing that was enticing me was the manual and now that it's not included I'm just going to get it over psn since I already have a subscription to marvel

does anyone know how much the shipping will cost...i live in CA by the way....and do you guys think it will ship by tomorow or friday??? thanks

Wait, wait.. so all the stuff they were offering before are no longer being included? Is there at least some cover art or something else a little special/tangible. Is this physical download voucher the same price as the DLC or is the DLC cheaper like $12 or $10? Man.. I just drove to GS just now to pre-order mine and everything.

[quote name='mis0']Wait, wait.. so all the stuff they were offering before are no longer being included? Is there at least some cover art or something else a little special/tangible. Is this physical download voucher the same price as the DLC or is the DLC cheaper like $12 or $10? Man.. I just drove to GS just now to pre-order mine and everything.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing. Gonna be pissed if all I get is a little sheet of paper with a couple of codes on it. I want a case and some cover art at least. This must be limited to 15,000 because with as little as you get with it no one would want it.

Does anyone know when this is actually supposed to show up in stores? I called five local GameStops, three of them had no clue the game was even coming out in stores, and two of them claimed September 15th (which I find a bit fishy since it ships within 24 hours from the website...) o_O?

[quote name='Kain']Does anyone know when this is actually supposed to show up in stores? I called five local GameStops, three of them had no clue the game was even coming out in stores, and two of them claimed September 15th (which I find a bit fishy since it ships within 24 hours from the website...) o_O?[/QUOTE]

Judging from past experiences or helll, this thread alone, 4 out of 5 GS employees don't know what's what. I recommend telling them to look under "time card," or telling them the SKU.

Just went and preordered this from my local Gamestop. The employees had no idea what this was, but I gave them the SKU and they let me preorder it. They told me it should be there by tomorrow, but I have my doubts. Has anyone ever preordered something in-store, but not gotten it?

im cool with my Gamestop people
but i told them if they dont have this code by the time i get done Training tomm, I will burn the store down...

[quote name='zohar']Judging from past experiences or helll, this thread alone, 4 out of 5 GS employees don't know what's what. I recommend telling them to look under "time card," or telling them the SKU.[/QUOTE]

Well, I called two GameStops back, the first one refused to look the game up by SKU. He insisted that the game was network only, and when I explained to him that it was being sold as a hard copy with voucher code, he said he had no information on it and refused to look any further. I really need to stop bothering with the morons at the Latham GameStop.

The second GameStop I called actually looked up the SKU and said it's supposed to be out on the 14th. So, success. Kinda.

[quote name='dallow']Paid it off at my local store.
They couldn't find it so I had to get the SKU from a friend.

SKU: 790016[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that! Imma try to order one in an hour or two in store.

Is this going to be widely available or likely to disappear after a few months?

[quote name='dallow']Paid it off at my local store.
They couldn't find it so I had to get the SKU from a friend.

SKU: 790016[/QUOTE]

Wooo go me...I mean "your friend":lol:

Hmm...I have a $20 PSN card that I was gonna use for this game, but do you think the retail pack is worth $15 alone?

bread's done
Back