Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3) - Retail Pack $15

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
the PS3 version will also come in a retail package that contains:

• Redemption Code for full game
  • DVD case with sleeve
  • Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
  • 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
  • 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
  • 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions

This is actually $5.00 more than the DD but this could be a deal for collector's and fans of the game.

EB/GS Preorder Link

UPDATE: Link is DEAD. Not sure why...could it be that they sold out?
UPDATE: 8-10-09

- package is confirmed: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/10/marvel-vs-capcom-2-retail-package-confirmed/
(looks like it won't contain the media disc unfortunately)

- preorder from EB/GS: here

mvc2-retail-conf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allure']I'm located in VA. But wow...I just tried to redeem my voucher. It says my code is invalid what gives?!?!?[/QUOTE]

you have to wait till psn updates today.

Freakin A. Just went through the rain to see if they might have gotten it in in at least ONE of the two gamestops at the local mall during my lunch break. Go the the first one and basicly got a large ?. Moved onto the next one. Guy knows what hes doing at least and says its download only. I tell him to look it up and says "Oh we got one sitting in that box over there." I tell him Ill wait till he can get it and take care of whoever is in line. After some time he finally gets the box open... N they didnt send it. They were supposed to get 2 and one was missing. Now tell me Im not cursed.

And to rub salt in the wounds, it seem like everyone else got theirs fine. SOBs are gonna make me have to make another stop after work just to find out they dont have it.

[quote name='KILLER1212']Man that box art looks pretty weak. I think I'll just go with psn and say funk gamestop again.[/QUOTE]

Meh. Looks pretty good to me. Not horrible. I just noticed this game has 1080p :) This is going to look sexy. Should hold me off until i can afford street fighter 4. Theres a fight stick coming out for this too.

Found a copy on Rockville, MD Gamestop. Asked the guy and explained to him what it was so he opened the box and had copies of MvC2 for PS3, which I bought one. Also had Wolfenstein, Spectrobes (Wii) and Madden 10 copies in there.

Also note, he only charged me $14.99 exactly. Good deal as I paid the same as the DLC.

i called my local gamestop 18th ave and they said they will have it tomorrow if anyone lives around me. guy also said u can still preorder it

Just got it today. Not tax in NJ. Also, for the first 15,000 people who buy the game off of PSN, they will receive a similar one month free subscription to Marvel digital comics.

Went and got mine just now. I am glad I pre-ordered it yesterday. They got 3 in, one for me, one for an employee who pre-ordered and they put the other on the shelf. The 1 Month voucher code is too big for the inside section and it comes out...a little messed up, I think I may cut it down a little so it fits better. Also, it's not a scratch off code, it's just printed on this insert. I got it for the case. It woulda been nice if it had a DVD and/or manual, but what do you want for free?

[quote name='darkk']Are they still coming out with arcade sticks for this game?[/QUOTE]

Nothing confirmed officially, but there's a listing for it on Gamestop.com.

It's official, you can't pre-order anymore because they should either be in stores or on there way...

I went and got mine on my lunch break! WOOHOO!

(and yes I am excited even though it is only an empty box)

My store only had 2, and they sold the other before me.
They had no idea I had already pre-paid it the day before so they were going to sell it whenever.

I would have been pissed.

[quote name='Nemesis135n']I have a problem. The code that i got from the box says it is invalid. WTF should i do?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it hasnt been updated on PSN yet? Only thing I can think of.

I am just trying to understand why people consider this a scam, ripoff, waste, etc etc. "All you get is a empty case with box art". What do you get when you DL it off PSN for the same price? You could factor in gas and time and everything, but tons of people run errands anyway and with tons of GameStop's out there they more than likely pass one on their daily routines. The only thing I can see as annoying is the lack of information about this product. Is it real? What do you actually get? GS employees looking at you like an idiot, which is never nice and happens far too often.

But this is in no way a waste of money. If you weren't going to get this on PSN, then of course it doesn't matter to you, but even the PSN version is a waste of money to you. I was going to get this game no matter what for the $15 and for the SAME PRICE I get something for my shelf with some nice box art.

For the people who already got a copy in-store, are they sealed? I couldn't see the pictures that were posted. I know even if they don't stay sealed :bomb:, I'm just wondering how they come.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Knowing GameStop, it will be opened, and the code will already be redeemed.[/QUOTE]

that happened to the gutted patapone 2 at local GS

[quote name='62t']Is there an expiration date for the code?[/QUOTE]

I only see expiration date for the marvel digital comics promo code. It expires sept 30.

The game code says, "Please note that this code is valid for a single download only. Once Used, it cannot be transfered.

Lol i almost put my code.

i tried the code hype but i see u have to wait til it hits the store. bummer. i just DLed the euro version to mess w/.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Knowing GameStop, it will be opened, and the code will already be redeemed.[/QUOTE]

It was sealed...Read the post above yours.

[quote name='finsfan0210']what can u get with the capcom points?[/QUOTE]
nothing. It's no longer included in the package.

lol mine was open the game case and redeem card and the one month marvel comic redeem card were all sealed in packages, he picked both up and put em in my case .

Went in as they got a ups shipment in and asked about it and they had got em in. Guy checked if they had a street date and they didn't so I got mine bout 2 hours ago. hadnt opened it yet but I need to decide if i want to since its limited. I may just wanna have this one unused to collect and just buy it again digitally from psn store once it's up.

pics taken with camera phone so sorry they're blurry

photo081309001.jpg

photo081309002.jpg

I already had the demo downloaded. Activated my code. it downloaded a full game unlock that was 6kb. but i only see the demo. i launch it. and its not unlocked.

Ahhh...oh well my GS is sold out but not a big deal I still have an extra PSN card laying around so I'll just use that :) Win-win situation I guess :lol:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am just trying to understand why people consider this a scam, ripoff, waste, etc etc. "All you get is a empty case with box art". What do you get when you DL it off PSN for the same price? You could factor in gas and time and everything, but tons of people run errands anyway and with tons of GameStop's out there they more than likely pass one on their daily routines. The only thing I can see as annoying is the lack of information about this product. Is it real? What do you actually get? GS employees looking at you like an idiot, which is never nice and happens far too often.

But this is in no way a waste of money. If you weren't going to get this on PSN, then of course it doesn't matter to you, but even the PSN version is a waste of money to you. I was going to get this game no matter what for the $15 and for the SAME PRICE I get something for my shelf with some nice box art.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a scam, but it is a waste of time and gas to go to Gamestop just to buy an empty case with an insert, especially when someday all you will have is an empty case when your system dies and PSN games are no longer supported. I realize Capcom didn't create the false hype by claiming there would be a manual and art work or disc in the pack, but whoever did, raised everyone's anticipation and expectations.

My local GameStop received one sole copy today. I had preordered and completely paid it off yesterday, but of course they didn't actually put it aside for me like they should have. Luckily, I made it to the store before it sold to somebody else. Oh, and it was gutted. Morons.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't think it's a scam, but it is a waste of time and gas to go to Gamestop just to buy an empty case with an insert, especially when someday all you will have is an empty case when your system dies and PSN games are no longer supported. I realize Capcom didn't create the false hype by claiming there would be a manual and art work or disc in the pack, but whoever did, raised everyone's anticipation and expectations.[/QUOTE]

BUT when PSN disappears AT LEAST you'll have the empty case and cover art instead of nothing for the same price. I picked it up while running errands and actually saved some money because Gamestop didn't charge me tax. If I had purchased it online I would have had to pay an exta 10% "Crook County, IL" tax.

I also couldn't believe my Gamestop actually "gutted" a copy. What's the point? The worst part is that "NEW" sticker laughing in your face.

Wow. I am horrid at this game....first fighting game i've played. i feel like ive wasted my money. tips on getting better please?

[quote name='allure']Wow. I am horrid at this game....first fighting game i've played. i feel like ive wasted my money. tips on getting better please?[/QUOTE]

just keep playing and read tutorials and watch utube videos.

i played sf4 for like 100 hours in the first month before i could dominate my friends 9.8 times outta 10 times.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']BUT when PSN disappears AT LEAST you'll have the empty case and cover art instead of nothing for the same price. I picked it up while running errands and actually saved some money because Gamestop didn't charge me tax. If I had purchased it online I would have had to pay an exta 10% "Crook County, IL" tax.

I also couldn't believe my Gamestop actually "gutted" a copy. What's the point? The worst part is that "NEW" sticker laughing in your face.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but so what? It's not like a standard PS3 case and an insert has any collector's value. If you want to own this game outright, it seems like the better purchase would be to find a nice copy on another console where it was actually released in disc form.

[quote name='allure']Wow. I am horrid at this game....first fighting game i've played. i feel like ive wasted my money. tips on getting better please?[/QUOTE]

Learn some simple aerial raves. Find some characters you find fun... due to the huge roster it's important to get the basics. Learn to dash forward and behind. The game is really old now and there's a ton of people who know the Marvel fighting universe... you'll get rocked for awhile until you learn to block the chaos on your screen.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, but so what? It's not like a standard PS3 case and an insert has any collector's value. If you want to own this game outright, it seems like the better purchase would be to find a nice copy on another console where it was actually released in disc form.[/QUOTE]
You must not want to collect it yourself then. If you don't want it, of course you won't see the value in it. The pack is already sold out in my local GameStops, so someone other than you sees value in having the box.

bread's done
Back