Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3) - Retail Pack $15

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
the PS3 version will also come in a retail package that contains:

• Redemption Code for full game
  • DVD case with sleeve
  • Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
  • 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
  • 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
  • 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions

This is actually $5.00 more than the DD but this could be a deal for collector's and fans of the game.

EB/GS Preorder Link

UPDATE: Link is DEAD. Not sure why...could it be that they sold out?
UPDATE: 8-10-09

- package is confirmed: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/10/marvel-vs-capcom-2-retail-package-confirmed/
(looks like it won't contain the media disc unfortunately)

- preorder from EB/GS: here

mvc2-retail-conf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anathema728']ok guys, a little lesson on tax from someone who isn't sure

PSN charges tax for states that SONY has stores in, or sometimes just the headquarters/warehouse, same with amazon

so if you weren't charged tax, SONY does not have a retailer presence in your state

and being cheapasses, you all should know how tax works with online retailers...[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that if the place I bought from didn't have a Sony Style store right next door to it. I live in NY and wasn't charged tax.

[quote name='dan13l858']You don't need it. All characters are unlocked when you start playing the game.[/QUOTE]

so all characters outfits and everything is unlocked from the start?

so is there anything else to unlock like err something new?

2 of my friends bought MvC2 at 2 different gamestops have to pay tax in NYC. Probably 1 in brooklyn and 1 in manhattan. Is there anyone in NYC doesnt have to pay tax for it?

When you try to pick it up online, it tells you that there's about a dollar of "estimated tax". Will this ultimately be removed from the final total if you don't live in NY?

[quote name='Japakneez']People just don't get it. I got a crappy artbook with my blazblue pre-order for free. It sold on ebay for well over $100. People want it for their collection. They're fans. Thats all there is to it. $15 for a game in a limited case with coverart is a great deal for a fan.

Amazes me how this just flies over some peoples heads :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Oh, I didn't realize there was a game in the case.[/QUOTE]

There is not a game disc in the case...just a code.

I picked up the one and only copy at my Gamestop, no tax in Cali.

Mine didn't have the supposed 8 page artbook/manual. The clerk swears that was all that was in there too.

[quote name='dallow']Looking at the GS tracker this morning, very few stores got this in stock around here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went by a couple yesterday... one guy was knowledgable enough to say "we were supposed to get them today, so they will probably be in tomorrow."

[quote name='dallow']Looking at the GS tracker this morning, very few stores got this in stock around here.[/QUOTE]

Saw that, too. I'm debating about stopping by the one store that's reasonably close to my house in order to snag one.

Got mine from my local gamestop, but it was already opened because it was the last display one. Recently it seems as any new game I decide to get there is already opened. What the hell!? At least the code worked.

[quote name='def PD']I didn't get no color manual or the capcom points. WTF??

Anyone else running into this?[/QUOTE]

Everything was pulled last minute. Only things included are the game voucher and the digital comics for a month voucher

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, I went by a couple yesterday... one guy was knowledgable enough to say "we were supposed to get them today, so they will probably be in tomorrow."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='saturnotaku']Saw that, too. I'm debating about stopping by the one store that's reasonably close to my house in order to snag one.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm thinking a few more will pop up tomorrow as more stock comes in.

I've already got mine but was curious to see how much was available.

[quote name='performula']Opened is not new. This is what drives me crazy. They should've discounted it.[/QUOTE]

They've been doing it for years. They're not going to change their policy now -- these "new" copies still sell.

Unless of course the court case against them is successful.

[quote name='def PD']I didn't get no color manual or the capcom points. WTF??

Anyone else running into this?[/QUOTE]

come to think of it...damn you are right. There were only two papers inside, one is the code for the game and the other is the damn code for the subscription.

There's a difference between the codes for a game and the codes for PSN fund... The $20 and $50 PSN cards are not taxed in NYC, but the games are. So, if you're buy this in NYC, you will be paying tax...

So, what do you get exactly? Besides the code and the instruction on how to redeem it?

[quote name='chopper']Does the redemption code for the game itself ever expire? (I understand the redemption code for the Marvel comics expires)[/QUOTE]

good question, my guess is NO, the game codes don't expire (if they do, then i wonder what will happen if the stores don't sell them before the expiration date :lol:).

[quote name='chopper']Does the redemption code for the game itself ever expire? (I understand the redemption code for the Marvel comics expires)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HuBu']come to think of it...damn you are right. There were only two papers inside, one is the code for the game and the other is the damn code for the subscription.[/QUOTE]

OP needs to edit his post. But yeah, it was confirmed a couple of days ago by Capcom that there was no manual and no Unity points.

[quote name='HuBu']come to think of it...damn you are right. There were only two papers inside, one is the code for the game and the other is the damn code for the subscription.[/QUOTE]

There are no capcom points or manual. Those were canceled.

[quote name='Serpentor']There's a difference between the codes for a game and the codes for PSN fund... The $20 and $50 PSN cards are not taxed in NYC, but the games are. So, if you're buy this in NYC, you will be paying tax...

So, what do you get exactly? Besides the code and the instruction on how to redeem it?[/QUOTE]

code, instructions, and code for marvel online subscription.

[quote name='62t']There are no capcom points or manual. Those were canceled.[/QUOTE]

What the crap! :evil: The only reason I even considered getting it from GS and paying sales tax on it was for the fact I was getting some "extras" with it. Would've been nice to know beforehand. :roll: Damn you GS, Capcom, and Balthazar~!!! :razz::p

I REALLY did not want to buy the opened one, but I called around at my other local GS's and they were either all sold out or didn't know what the hell MvC2 was. It was either the opened "new" copy or download on PSN. I really wanted the box to put on my shelf though =(

Here's to hoping GS loses their case and ceases selling these used items as new.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I'm thinking a few more will pop up tomorrow as more stock comes in.

I've already got mine but was curious to see how much was available.[/QUOTE]

I happened to be by another GS for lunch and stopped by... the guy there indicated they sold out yesterday... so something is definitely whacked out in the DFW area.

[quote name='chewster777']Why isn't SAVER working on orders over $25??? I want some free shipping![/QUOTE]

[quote name='jacknicklson']Saver is officially dead according to a rep that emailed me yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Noooooo!!!! We need cheapyD to get on this. Does CAG16 still work?

[quote name='outphase']Because it costs the same as the digital-only version. Plus, they are in limited printing.

edit: Think about it this way. If you are paying $15, would you prefer to have more or less?[/QUOTE]

I guess IMO you aren't getting more. You're getting the same thing plus a piece of trash. It isn't worth any effort at all to hunt down an empty DVD case. But whatever, if it makes everyone happy, go for it.

[quote name='TemplePilot']I guess IMO you aren't getting more. You're getting the same thing plus a piece of trash. It isn't worth any effort at all to hunt down an empty DVD case. But whatever, if it makes everyone happy, go for it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, chill out. Let's see if we can remove that stick for you...

[quote name='jling84']I REALLY did not want to buy the opened one, but I called around at my other local GS's and they were either all sold out or didn't know what the hell MvC2 was. It was either the opened "new" copy or download on PSN. I really wanted the box to put on my shelf though =(

Here's to hoping GS loses their case and ceases selling these used items as new.[/QUOTE]

Only one left was the opened one so I got it. Doesn't matter on something like this since there is no disc in it anyways but it still doesn't make sense they opened them at all. However, on normal games with discs I don't accept the opened "new" ones.

The only problem I have with "new" games from Gamestop is the stupid sticker they put on the middle of those games because they're a pain to get off and they basically ruin boxes.

After going to 5 GS in my area finally DIDNT get screwed out of my copy. Of course now my new problem is that the game freezes my whole system while looking for matches. Go capcom/ps3

Yeah, got mine after work, no 8 page manual or Capcom points. Just the code and the sheet for a month subscription to Marvel Digital comics. I didn't have to pay tax. I really wanted to get the retail version though, because I love the box art. Plus, it's somwething spiffy to have.

I'm disappointed that they took out the manual and the capcom-unity points, but I'm happy with just the comic subscription. Can't complain about everything.

[quote name='rogueweapon']waste, don't buy it. this is just a move to appease the box retailers. I say screw Gamestop, digital download is the way of the future. All those ex-Gamestop cornholes will have to work at other retail jobs where they will be cornholes those customers too.[/QUOTE]
NO.

I'll take a physical copy over DD, thanks. If I do buy MvCC i am going to buy this. Sounds like someone is just a little biased against GameStop. Screw digital distribution and do not know why someone would like an artificial digital copy over physical, although this pack isn't entirely a physical copy.

[quote name='neuropunk']NO.

I'll take a physical copy over DD, thanks. If I do buy MvCC i am going to buy this. Sounds like someone is just a little biased against GameStop. Screw digital distribution and do not know why someone would like an artificial digital copy over physical, although this pack isn't entirely a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

I prefer Physical copy also... Digital copy imo is all about price.. if the price is right, I wouldn't have a problem... and $15 for Mvs.C2 is fair. if I could buy a physical copy for let say $25-$30, I would. I know DD is the future and apple app store is a huge hit in that department, mainly because of price. and all my games have been bought at $0.99 -to- $3.00 rarely...

Have you ever bought a brand new game you simply didn't like, yes we all have. being able to resell it or trade it in.. make the $40-$60 investment not hurt so bad. This is the main reason why I think the PSP go will fail. Gran turismo for the psp will most likely be release for $40 DD. I'm sure it will be a great game.. but I'm sure as hell don't want to keep it forever. Unless there is a huge price break buying DD over P. copy, and that would have to be atleast a 40%- 50% difference for me to go DD.

I'm having problems downloading mine. I put the code in and it tells me to continue which I do and then it goes to install and it does it really fast and says its done, however it is nowhere to be found on my hard drive. I'm wondering if something is up with the game right now because other games i have downloaded already when I go back to them in the PSN store it still shows the buy it now option but when going back to MVC2 there is no buy now option or any other option.:bomb:

[quote name='Darth Indy']I'm having problems downloading mine. I put the code in and it tells me to continue which I do and then it goes to install and it does it really fast and says its done, however it is nowhere to be found on my hard drive. I'm wondering if something is up with the game right now because other games i have downloaded already when I go back to them in the PSN store it still shows the buy it now option but when going back to MVC2 there is no buy now option or any other option.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Try downloading the new demo first. Delete the old one if you still have it. I think the code you have is actually just an unlock key, but you need the locked demo first.

i havn't got mines yet but if it downloaded really fast that might be the key... maybe try to download the demo off psn Darth Indy. See if you get the full version after you have installed that.

[quote name='Darth Indy']I'm having problems downloading mine. I put the code in and it tells me to continue which I do and then it goes to install and it does it really fast and says its done, however it is nowhere to be found on my hard drive. I'm wondering if something is up with the game right now because other games i have downloaded already when I go back to them in the PSN store it still shows the buy it now option but when going back to MVC2 there is no buy now option or any other option.:bomb:[/QUOTE]
you need to download the demo,cause your only downloading a unlock key that unlocks the demo

bread's done
Back