Marvel vs Capcom 2 TE Limited Stick Pre-order

So this means McC 2 Tournament Edition is coming out? (I know it was kind've leaked info last fall but there's been no official announcements)

It looks the link is bad, here's the actual one:

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX 360/HARD...s Capcom Tournament Edition Arcade Stick.html

Man, I love the game and totally would not hesitate on picking up a stick, IF they would just make them cross platform dammit! As it stands, I'll probably end up just getting an x-arcade later on instead, since it can be used on any supported console with the purchase of the right adapter. Now all I'm waiting for is them to procure a 360 adapter...then I would use it for 360, PS3, and the good 'ol DC!

*EDIT*
Weird, for whatever reason posting the link seems to modify it with a "scripts.affiliatefuture.com" at the beginning. Anyways, you can find the page simply by just googling "Marvel vs Capcom Tournament Stick"...and yes, there are no pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever preorder is going to be a reseller thus driving the price down and making it under msrp. HA! i cant wait.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Sigh, my internal struggle as to whether to sell my sealed copy of MvC2 (PS2 version) continues....[/quote]
I'd suggest you should do that REAL soon

[quote name='s2k']Ever preorder is going to be a reseller thus driving the price down and making it under msrp. HA! i cant wait.[/quote]

somebody doesn't know economics

[quote name='deftoast']edit: It's not sheduled to come out until october (the joystick)
ig.jpg
[/quote]

That would be too long.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Sigh, my internal struggle as to whether to sell my sealed copy of MvC2 (PS2 version) continues....[/quote]
Money isn't everything, I'll take it off your hands for free if you want.:bouncy:

I'm not gonna get too giddy over something a British website has no picture of and says is coming out in October. I wouldn't jump out your windows and sell your copies of MvC2 this second.

I would love one of these. marvel and capcom characters together on a tournament edition stick. *drool* but yeah...too bad it's a british website. a picture would be nice too. not putting anything down till i see what i'm actually gonna get. here's to hoping though *crosses fingers*

[quote name='almasy82']Nice... If only they would edit the music ( The game was one of my favs..but the music blah..[/quote]

"I wanna take you for a ride! de de doo doo de de de.. de de doo, I wanna take you for a ride!"

Omg that song is etched into my brain >_<

Anyways, if the info on that website is legit then this would be an awesome Birthday present for me, heh.

[quote name='i23mix']Sounds like MadCatz TE sticks with MvC2 artwork?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sounds like they're just slapping new art on the SF4 TE sticks. If you read the specs they're identical to the current TE stick.

It's Europe. So our term of day/month/yr is changed. Like month/day/yr

So probable release date is around July not october.

All I can say is $599. If I did have a MvC2 though, I would probably not get rid of it either. It's just a great game to have in your collection. And it's value just keeps going up, not down so it's not like you're losing anything.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Sigh, my internal struggle as to whether to sell my sealed copy of MvC2 (PS2 version) continues....[/QUOTE]

You should sell it. The PS2 version is garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is a stick I'd buy just to have. Sega needs to give up the Marvel licenses to Capcom for a third installment, like now.

[quote name='akilshohen']I'd suggest you should do that REAL soon[/quote]

It's a more difficult decision than you make it seem. I sold my sealed NES Final Fantasy 5-6 years ago and got over $200. At the time, it could be purchased a) cheap cart only b) ps1 port c) FF1&2 Dawn of Souls had been announced. It might see an initial drop, but not many MvC2 copies exist (relative to other games) and his is sealed.

Considering it's the PS2 version, you gain more than you lose by selling it. Simply because the PS2 and Xbox versions are ass compared to the Dreamcast version, which doesn't go for as much as the other two, and is a more faithful port to the arcade version due to the Dreamcast's hardware.

As mentioned earlier, I would sell it soon too! I saw one last year on ebay sell for almost $500.00!

[quote name='Tsukento']Considering it's the PS2 version, you gain more than you lose by selling it. Simply because the PS2 and Xbox versions are ass compared to the Dreamcast version, which doesn't go for as much as the other two, and is a more faithful port to the arcade version due to the Dreamcast's hardware.[/QUOTE]

I second this statement. I love my DC version to death.

[quote name='Tsukento']Considering it's the PS2 version, you gain more than you lose by selling it. Simply because the PS2 and Xbox versions are ass compared to the Dreamcast version, which doesn't go for as much as the other two, and is a more faithful port to the arcade version due to the Dreamcast's hardware.[/quote]

What difference does the quality of the version make to wampa? He has kept his copy sealed and 80% or more of its value is made up of that fact. It isn't going to see the inside of a PS2 unless wampa has a momentary bout of temporary insanity.

[quote name='Teeheehee']You should sell it. The PS2 version is garbage.
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah i don't like PS2 version as well.It's a complete junk.

[quote name='paddlefoot']What difference does the quality of the version make to wampa? He has kept his copy sealed and 80% or more of its value is made up of that fact. It isn't going to see the inside of a PS2 unless wampa has a momentary bout of temporary insanity.[/quote]

Exactly. The quality of the PS2 version is meaningless. This is about when will the most profit be made by selling it.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Those achievements look pretty tough (for me anyway)

I might be interested in a stick for this, but I would prefer it to be a us seller. We will see though.[/quote]

Yeah, from the way I understand it MvC2 is extremely hardcore when you get to high level play. I have read that some of the combo windows can be as tight as one frame.

bread's done
Back