Marvel vs Capcom 3 50% off for Dead Rising 2 Amazon 360 pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dfo']Maybe the guy that gave it to you had already used it? They're single-use codes, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I guess we'll see what the marketing department is going to say when they get back to me.

[quote name='thefamousmoe']Yea i was about to post this. Also, you should still get the $10 credit from ordering dead rising 2, and then the additional 10$ credit they gave you the first time they said they were sorry the avatars didn't release with the game. So, basically you get Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for 9 bucks. Even though the only fighting game I really liked was Soul Caliber 4, I dont think I can pass this up. Now I just have to wait until April!

I dont know if this is an oversight on their part or what, but Dead Rising 2 was the only game I've ordered from them, therefore that should be th eonly way I have promotional credit.

Items: $57.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Game Credit Applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$29.00

Total Before Tax: $8.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00

Order Total: $8.99!

also you get a $10 promotional credit toward another game, so its like getting it for free. Wow.[/QUOTE]

Dude i got the EXACT same deal! lol got the 50% code, the $10 credit code, AND i also had $10 from a previous game. lol thats funny. Here's hoping it goes down to $53.99 as games in the past did. With coupons and stuff a while back I got Super Street Fighter 4 for $0.98 the day it came out lol But I too am paying $8.99! $9.99 if they add the $1 release date shipping like Dead Rising 2 and wwe Smackdown vs raw 2011 had.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']WOW, the marketing department came through! Woke up to an email saying they took 50% off my order for the PS3 SE! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. I wish I could get in on that since I thought this ordeal was exclusive to 360 DR2 peeps.

Took me two attempts but got them to switch over my order.

Thanks shrike4242, I used the exact text from you email and it did the trick.

Well, I used Shrike's text with modifications, but I did not order yet, and I was denied (took them almost a day to respond too). It would be nice if CSR roulette wasn't just completely devoid of any additional data, because I spend a crapload with Amazon and that ought to count for something.

Does anybody remember what category you e-mailed under? I guess I could try doing an inquiry linking to the original DR2 order. I just chose "pre-order question" or something like that.

I've been denied twice and I actually have the game pre-ordered. I'm going to send a 3rd email but not really sure what to say in this next one. I'm also wondering what help category you guys used to request the item change?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I've been denied twice and I actually have the game pre-ordered. I'm going to send a 3rd email but not really sure what to say in this next one. I'm also wondering what help category you guys used to request the item change?[/QUOTE]

Try the live chat, it worked for me.

[quote name='mrbomb']Try the live chat, it worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Doing that now, thanks. I'll report back shortly with the result.

Chat was a huge success for me! Thanks again mrbomb!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='turls']Well, I used Shrike's text with modifications, but I did not order yet, and I was denied (took them almost a day to respond too). It would be nice if CSR roulette wasn't just completely devoid of any additional data, because I spend a crapload with Amazon and that ought to count for something.

Does anybody remember what category you e-mailed under? I guess I could try doing an inquiry linking to the original DR2 order. I just chose "pre-order question" or something like that.[/QUOTE]That's what I did, I linked it to my existing order, and said it was an order issue, with the description of "Issue with pre-order bonus item".

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I've been denied twice and I actually have the game pre-ordered. I'm going to send a 3rd email but not really sure what to say in this next one. I'm also wondering what help category you guys used to request the item change?[/QUOTE]It's Change an order / other order change / "Change item on order".

Here's how it went for me on live chat.

1st time: I was about to get the order changed but the amazon rep said he couldn't do it because the code didn't originate from my account.
2nd time: I got $25 credit with the promise they would email me back and get the 50% off working. Never got the email.
3rd time: The rep said he couldn't do it. Was about to give up until I saw what Shrike wrote.
4th: I modified Shrike's email and had the matter done with in the matter of 10 minutes.

Was a bit of a hassle but I was able to get the Special Edition for $10. The original code still works on the standard edition though. I want to be able to sell the game at $30 to someone not lucky enough to get a code but I don't want to screw over amazon. Do you think it'd be taking advantage of amazon to use the code even though they already gave me the discount?

I asked and they basically told me to cancel then re-order using the coupon. Said coupon had been used, called a CSR and she gave me $35 to use towards it, so SE For $35 still. Faaaaantastic.

[quote name='shrike4242']Glad to hear people are getting results with my email text.[/QUOTE]

I shot off an email to Amazon using your template with a couple of my own modifications. Will report how it goes. Thanks Shrike. :applause:

Complete fail with Live Chat just now. Wouldn't allow me to apply the code, offered me a $15 code (which was invalid of all things), and then said "anything else I can do?" even after I said the code was bad. Should I place the order first and then just start sending emails?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Complete fail with Live Chat just now. Wouldn't allow me to apply the code, offered me a $15 code (which was invalid of all things), and then said "anything else I can do?" even after I said the code was bad. Should I place the order first and then just start sending emails?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's how I did it, except I did Live Chat. Don't think it matters though.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Complete fail with Live Chat just now. Wouldn't allow me to apply the code, offered me a $15 code (which was invalid of all things), and then said "anything else I can do?" even after I said the code was bad. Should I place the order first and then just start sending emails?[/QUOTE]

That is what I did last night. I still haven't heard back from CS yet though. Reading through it seems like the people that had the most success used that method too.

Well, got an email back telling me to place the order and provide them with the order number and they'd apply the 50% off towards it. I just hope they don't mess up the total and give me the $35 back in credit. The reason I say this is because it automatically applied my $15 from AC Brotherhood towards the game whether I wanted it to or not. And the rest came from a gift card balance I had. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Got it! Ended up spending $20 in credit and my $15 promo credit from AC:B. Wish I had gotten a second copy, but I didn't want to push the issue any further.

If anyone isn't using their offer I would be super appreciative especially after learning I pretty much have to get the CE (stupid DLC characters).

I pre-ordered the PS3 Special Edition and sent an email requesting the discount. Here's the response:

"I'm sorry the promotional code wasn't applied to your order.

You won't be charged until we ship your item to you. On the date of shipment, you should receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

As we do not issue refunds until the order ships. To correct this error I request you to write back to us once you receive your shipment confirmation e-mail, so that, we'll be able issue refund for the 50% of the item's cost ($34.99) to your account."

I don't think I can count on receiving a refund after it ships.

[quote name='darkjedi187']is the promo code only good for xbox360?[/QUOTE]

If you get lucky with a CS person you can get it switched to PS3. I had to email a couple of times to get it switched to PS3 when this was first active and then a couple of more times to get it switched to the PS3 Collector's Edition once that was announced. But it all seems based on luck with who you talk to and asking nicely I suppose :)

[quote name='Wompdevil']If you get lucky with a CS person you can get it switched to PS3. I had to email a couple of times to get it switched to PS3 when this was first active and then a couple of more times to get it switched to the PS3 Collector's Edition once that was announced. But it all seems based on luck with who you talk to and asking nicely I suppose :)[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. now I just need to find someone nice enough to give me a code.

So does anyone have their used code that I can have? Just want to try and see if I can get %50 off with an already used one. :D

If somebody has a code they aren't planning on using, I would love to have it. In return, I will give you my Halo: Reach Recon helmet code! Just PM me...

Wow it worked!!! :D

I used the mail that send Amblix and in my first try they upgraded my order to the Special Edition and only going to pay $34.99 for it :)

I have went through all the pages, and maybe I skimmed too fast, but I was unable to make things clear by doing so.

Has anyone gotten the promotion to work WITHOUT having had a code to begin with and without buying one from someone else.

thanks in advance

[quote name='Jackpot06']I have went through all the pages, and maybe I skimmed too fast, but I was unable to make things clear by doing so.

Has anyone gotten the promotion to work WITHOUT having had a code to begin with and without buying one from someone else.

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

No. This is only for those who got the original code.

I had one person back out but I'm offering the Xbox CE version for $45 if anyone wants in? I only have 1 spot left so if you want in PM me ASAP. I'd like to try sending the order as soon as I can to switch them to the CE.

[quote name='BlackRob183']I had one person back out but I'm offering the Xbox CE version for $45 if anyone wants in? I only have 1 spot left so if you want in PM me ASAP. I'd like to try sending the order as soon as I can to switch them to the CE.[/QUOTE]

How many CE's are you able to order? The Standard edition you can order 3.

[quote name='BlackRob183']I had one person back out but I'm offering the Xbox CE version for $45 if anyone wants in? I only have 1 spot left so if you want in PM me ASAP. I'd like to try sending the order as soon as I can to switch them to the CE.[/QUOTE]

pmed

[quote name='Raziel-Freya']Wow it worked!!! :D

I used the mail that send Amblix and in my first try they upgraded my order to the Special Edition and only going to pay $34.99 for it :)[/QUOTE]

Good to hear! :)

Oh by the way, I was able to swindle it so I could get 3 extra copies at 50% price. :)

[quote name='Amblix']Good to hear! :)

Oh by the way, I was able to swindle it so I could get 3 extra copies at 50% price. :)[/QUOTE]

3 additional for total of 4?

Ok now I have 2 people who backed out and 1 person still in debate. Still looking for people who want the game CE for $45, also for trades now I'm looking for Assassins Creed Brotherhood DLC characters if anyone wants to help reduce their MvC3 CE price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back