Marvel vs Capcom 3 50% off for Dead Rising 2 Amazon 360 pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eastx']Can someone who emailed and got them to switch their order to the Special Edition please post what you said to them?[/QUOTE]

2nd e-mail.

I have ordered Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds recently, using my 50% off coupon that amazon sent me for messing up my Dead Rising 2 order.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capc...0007793&sr=1-7

My friend recently showed me that there is a special edition of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and he had a 50% coupon on his regular edition as well, and e-mailed amazon seeing if he could change his order to the special edition of the game with his 50% coupon, which was done for him.

So I was wondering if you could change my order from the regular edition to the special edition of the game, transferring my 50% off coupon.

Thanks,
Tom.

[quote name='eastx']Can someone who emailed and got them to switch their order to the Special Edition please post what you said to them?[/QUOTE]

Well this morning I simply asked them to transfer it and they said they couldn't because the discount was only supposed to be for the regular version of MvC3. After that email I responded with this and they approved it. Though I honestly think it is more of who you get as a CS person than anything else:

"Hello, earlier this morning I emailed you requesting to have my discount for Marvel vs Capcom 3 transfered to my order for Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition (Order #xxxxx). I was told that you would not be able to transfer the discount however I have encountered several people mentioning that they were able to get Amazon to transfer the discount from the regular edition to the special edition with no problems.

I am not asking to keep both copies of the game at a discount, I would just like it transfered to the special edition which you only posted on your website today after I placed my previous order. This order could be canceled after the discount is applied to my order for the special edition. I would prefer ordering the game from your website instead of a competitor. Thank you"

Purchased the Special Edition today (didn't use the code yet), talked to someone on live chat. They said they couldn't use the code on the special edition, but would just give me 50% off. $34.99 for the SE! Plus my original 50% off code still works on the regular edition! Haven't used it, just tested it.

If anyone has a spare code so i can order MVC3 that would be awesome. Dont want the special edition just reg. Worth a try to ask!

[quote name='Metalic']If anyone has a spare code so i can order MVC3 that would be awesome. Dont want the special edition just reg. Worth a try to ask![/QUOTE]

You can have mine, just be warned that they closed my account they sent that code too..... They said I had too many returns, when I only had a few because Amazon didn't pack my stuff correctly and came damaged! Luckily I had 2 other accounts, lol.....

[quote name='Amblix']I'll probably wait till closer to the release date, but if you can order multiples I'd be willing to help any CAGs that wanted the SE.[/QUOTE]

If multiples couple be ordered, that would be crazy. Though I wouldn't complain!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You can have mine, just be warned that they closed my account they sent that code too..... They said I had too many returns, when I only had a few because Amazon didn't pack my stuff correctly and came damaged! Luckily I had 2 other accounts, lol.....[/QUOTE]

Are they seriously doing that again? How many orders vs. returns did you do? I am always worried because I end up returning probably 50% of what they send me due to damage in shipping.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You can have mine, just be warned that they closed my account they sent that code too..... They said I had too many returns, when I only had a few because Amazon didn't pack my stuff correctly and came damaged! Luckily I had 2 other accounts, lol.....[/QUOTE]

Ive never done a return with amazon before. Guess im just lucky with my packages.

[quote name='Metalic']If anyone has a spare code so i can order MVC3 that would be awesome. Dont want the special edition just reg. Worth a try to ask![/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as this man. If anyone has a spare code I would greatly appreciate it. Still haven't used my credit for ordering Halo Reach and this would be a good time to do so.

[quote name='bojay1997']Are they seriously doing that again? How many orders vs. returns did you do? I am always worried because I end up returning probably 50% of what they send me due to damage in shipping.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, probably around the same 50-60% in one month, before that it was minimal like 10-20% returns... But I bought like 3 or 4 special edtion games in a row.... all came with crushed boxes, Halo Legendary statue was broken, etc... I was like WTF! Oh and a bluray I ordered came cracked, in the bubble mailer. All this stuff came from their warehouse in Phoenix. Everytime it came from there it was in crappy condition, everywhere else they ship from my stuff would arrive fine.

Here's my code if anyone wants it: Z4FK-EHPKAH-DX3N8Q

Like I said before, they closed my account... One of them, so I don't want to use it so they can link up my accounts and close them.

Please post if you use it so other CAGS know not to.

Asking one more time if anyone has a spare code, Atarifreak223 Had his used already. No plans to flip the copy or anything. Actually want to play the game.

If im able to get a code i can hopefully fight some CAGs in it! Im horrible at fighters.

Wait, wait wait... This thread was made at the start of the month. I still haven't gotten anything. DDD:

Edit: I double checked my email and I did get something on the 5th... codes for the avatar items. =\

Edit 2: I'm an idiot and should've checked the email below that one, haha.

I'm still offering people to order from me if they want, I have 1 person in and 1 that's a maybe. Also I might be offering to switch to the Special Edition for $45 or so if anyone is interested. Again if you have a code of any sort to trade you can get it for $40 if you want to buy from me. Again Krubear will get you the SE for $25 or something lol this SE is making it confusing for me to work out

[quote name='sephiroth61787']So people are getting the code to work with the PS3 SE through Amazon's CS?[/QUOTE]

I didn't try the PS3, just 360 SE and it worked. Others may have tried for the PS3, but Amazon wouldn;t even let people use the coupon on the regular PS3 version.

so I sent an email requesting the change. The idiot canceled my order!! I am so pissed right now. I shot one off for them to fix this immediately for the special edition at 50% off. They'd better at least return the order the way it was....

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I didn't try the PS3, just 360 SE and it worked. Others may have tried for the PS3, but Amazon wouldn;t even let people use the coupon on the regular PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

What did you say in your email? I've tried twice, and I swear these fools don't understand English.

wow that took some effort to switch out. They are sticklers for the promotion coupons. Finally got the supervisor to let me. Never had such an issue with amazon before.

lol you gotta be patient with them, really depends on the person you get, I'm not trying to be rascist but I think all of customer support is from India by their name. BARE WITH THEM, I thought they were super chill. 4 tries, first guy said I couldn't change my order. After reading more on CAG I asked them to manually change my order, second guy switched my order and used my black ops credit, then next guy used the 50% code no credit, fourth times a charm, all is good. profit? no because im still spending money but awesome? yes.

194563257.png

[quote name='SpockBlocker']What did you say in your email? I've tried twice, and I swear these fools don't understand English.[/QUOTE]

I went through Live Chat, but essentially what I wrote was this:

I originally placed an order for Marvel vs Capcom 3 (order # xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx) using a 50% off discount code. At the time of ordering, only the standard edition was available. The Special Edition was just announced recently (insert link) and I would like to switch my order over to that version while retaining my 50% off discount. For fear of losing my discount, I did not want to cancel my original order to place a new order. Can you please assist me with this? Thank you.

Damn, Amazon CS screwed me, then provided quite a nice compensation.

I initially emailed em to change my 50% off order from the Standard to the Special edition. After my 2nd email, they canceled my order and supposedly game me a $30 credit with which to order the Special Edition. But they never put that $30 into my account, so I was out of a game and no 50% coupon or anything.

I went to chat with a representative and after some explaining, he game me the $30 credit, plus 50% off on my Special edition copy, so I am actually now paying $5 for it. On top of that, I just checked, and the original 50% code on the regular edition still works (its attached to my account). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email from Amazon CS telling me that the 50% off would work with the 360 SE, so I tried it and it did not work. I placed the order and sent them another email for a price adjustment. Here's hoping!

Heard back from Amazon on my 2nd email to them. They dropped a $35 certificate into my account, ordered the 360 SE.

Verbage I sent them on my 2nd email, which was answered in less than a couple of hours:
[quote name='Amazon email text']This item had a promotional pre-order bonus for avatar items, and due to delays with this item, I was sent a promotional code for 50% off of an order Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for Xbox 360, ASIN # B003IE9V28. Now, there is a Special Edition of this item available, ASIN # B004BWKRXS. At the time this promotional code was issued, this Special Edition was not available for pre-order. I attempted to place an order for the Special Edition of this item with the promotional code I was issued, *code removed* , and I was told that the code did not apply. At the time the code was issued, this Special Edition version of the item did not exist, and the email that came with the promotional code does not mention a specific version that it would work with. I'd like to purchase the Special Edition version, though not unless I can get the 50% off promotional code to work with this item. I'd appreciate it if someone could look into this issue and either adjust the promotional code so it'll work with the Special Edition of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, or inform me how I should proceed to order this item and get the 50% discount that I'm due.[/quote]

[quote name='Xfactor19990']does the coupon work for multiple games? Can i get half off 2 copies?[/QUOTE]

i think people said up to 3--which is perfect cuz now you have one extra to sell to us cag who weren't so lucky to get the %50.

including shipping in a little extra of course. ;)

[quote name='Number83']I got an email from Amazon CS telling me that the 50% off would work with the 360 SE, so I tried it and it did not work. I placed the order and sent them another email for a price adjustment. Here's hoping![/QUOTE]

That was quick...Amazon adjusted the price of my SE to $34.99.

Amazon is THE BEST!

[quote name='youenvy']i think people said up to 3--which is perfect cuz now you have one extra to sell to us cag who weren't so lucky to get the %50.

including shipping in a little extra of course. ;)[/QUOTE]
psssh i wish i had the coupon lol elsewise i would help........but i dont have one :(

After trying 3 emails, and 30 minutes in live chat, the best I could do was get a $20 credit applied to my account. So I canceled my order and applied that credit, and my Black Ops credit to the special edition for a total of $40 off and $29.99 for the special edition. Should have been $14.99, but I'm tired of fighting.

After my email, they switched to the Special Edition but did not apply the 50% off. After a quick chat with the instant messenger thing they applied the 50 percent off to the Special Edition bringing the total to 34.99. ITS LIKE A HOLIDAY MIRACLE!

I was able to get a code from someone not on CAG. Didn't have to give anything for it, but it's telling me it's already been redeemed. So I'm trying to talk to CS, called once chatted twice, but they all said my concern has to be forwarded to the marketing department.

I wonder if I should try again later.... Or just wait. I put an order on for the game already.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I was able to get a code from someone not on CAG. Didn't have to give anything for it, but it's telling me it's already been redeemed. So I'm trying to talk to CS, called once chatted twice, but they all said my concern has to be forwarded to the marketing department.

I wonder if I should try again later.... Or just wait. I put an order on for the game already.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the guy that gave it to you had already used it? They're single-use codes, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back