Marvel vs Capcom 3 50% off for Dead Rising 2 Amazon 360 pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']The code is good until April 2011, so there's no rush to pre-order now until we know for certain if there will or won't be a CE for it.[/QUOTE]

bleh already ordered my copy :bomb:

needed to use my promo credits by the end of this month anyway well at least im gonna try and upgrade provided the discount sticks

[quote name='exfinalimpact']Why isnt this thread closed? It isn't a video game deal but just a special promo code for those who bought dead rising thru amazon?

if its not open to the public, this cant seriously count as a deal.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, if someone would post a used code, and it turned out the codes are reusable, then it would be a deal...

[quote name='Cheapskate']On the other hand, if someone would post a used code, and it turned out the codes are reusable, then it would be a deal...[/QUOTE]

They're not. I don't know if they were originally when the codes were sent out, but I tried to place another order earlier today with a code and it stated that the offer was already redeemed.

[quote name='Cheapskate']On the other hand, if someone would post a used code, and it turned out the codes are reusable, then it would be a deal...[/QUOTE]
What if they were and Amazon noticed everyone was ordering using that code and they decided to close all orders that used that code? I wouldn't risk it.

If anyone doesn't plan on using theirs CML for it please, have some XBLA/PSN codes I wouldn't mind trading for it.

[quote name='exfinalimpact']Why isnt this thread closed? It isn't a video game deal but just a special promo code for those who bought dead rising thru amazon?

if its not open to the public, this cant seriously count as a deal.[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree. This thread should be moved to the discussion forums. Not only is the title misleading AND there is NO DEAL here.

[quote name='kaiyouske']I kind of agree. This thread should be moved to the discussion forums. Not only is the title misleading AND there is NO DEAL here.[/QUOTE]

It was a deal for those who pre-ordered. :D

heads up to everyone. Just to clarify the preorder bonus was just avatar items. There was no in game item the super slicer is talking about the item the avatar figure had on the servbot head. http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4...r-outfits-quot-delayed-indefinitely-quot.html
not that is really matters but there were no in game items. I love amazon free Marvel vs Capcom 3... and to make things worse I got the game for goldbox-eca-$47.99 price so around $35

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']Any way to manipulate the goldbox so VGs show up?
Also is ECA still kicking around?[/QUOTE]

That horse was put down a long time ago.

I'm too lazy, but you can use the search function to find the huge ECA thread. They are still 'kicking' their current/former members around.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']Whats even better? Just got the email for the avatar items :) check yo mail[/QUOTE]

And this is where they realize they are losing a lot of money with that promotional 50% off code and starts cancelling people's orders. Oh wait, this is Amazon, not every other retailer.

LOL. Got my email for the avatar items too. Awesome. I hope they keep the coupon active...I'm waiting for their pre-order price to dip a little and I get my promotional credit from ACB before ordering.

This has been frigging fantastic. I hope for similar issues in the future.

Was really excited to get the avatar outfit too, as that's the reason I chose amazon. After downloading it and seeing that you can't just wear the jacket, you have to wear both at once, I was a little disappointed.

Ah well.

yeah I had a good laugh when I checked my mail this morning. Avatar codes. I paid $48 for DR2 and have probably received more than that back because of the screw up.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']LOL. Got my email for the avatar items too. Awesome. I hope they keep the coupon active...I'm waiting for their pre-order price to dip a little and I get my promotional credit from ACB before ordering.

This has been frigging fantastic. I hope for similar issues in the future.[/QUOTE]

They've got pre-order price guarantee. If it dips at all, they'll give it to you.

Also, you can just write customer service to have them apply your credit after you order it. I did it for fable 3.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']It wont let me preorder the Xbox 360 version. it says sign up when this is avaliable, what gives?

Hope i still get to use this code.[/QUOTE]
They probably ran out of the set number of copies they had on there for preorder, with people ordering multiple copies and all.

I'll email Amazon to apply my BO credit when I get it :) Amazon ftw
Didn't get avatar codes because I bought the 50% off code off someone. But yeah, Amazon ftw :p

It's great we got the avatar items, but I'm more than a little disappointed I have to wear the entire outfit at once. I had assumed they were seperate pieces. I just wanted to wear the servbot head, oh well it's not like we didn't make out like bandits! :D

Ok I just entered my 50% off MvC3 code and I didn't know it was going to add it to my account. If anyone is interested I can buy up to 3 games at once (not sure if I can buy more after the first order) but if anyone is interested I will charge anyone $40 for a game or $35 if you have any kind of code for trade Ps3/Xbox/Wii. I will only take the ones that I want though so people with codes that I want will get it first. If anyone has a Krue-bear code for Naughty Bear (xbox) I will drop the price to $15 for you. (NO MORE DUKE CODES) Already got someone to sell me one, thanks! Those prices include shipping as well and I will either ship them on release date or the next day, PM me for more info if interested!

Both these topics seem kinda dead now but worth a try as I do not want this game and am willing to help out anyone that wants it. I want to keep it 1 game per person so I don't get someone trying to sell em, I will go 2 max if you have a good reason (friend or family)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlackRob183']Ok I just entered my 50% off MvC3 code and I didn't know it was going to add it to my account. If anyone is interested I can buy up to 3 games at once (not sure if I can buy more after the first order) but if anyone is interested I will charge anyone $40 for a game or $35 if you have any kind of code for trade Ps3/Xbox/Wii. I will only take the ones that I want though so people with codes that I want will get it first. If anyone has a Krue-bear code for Naughty Bear (xbox) I will drop the price to $15 for you. Or if anyone has a Duke Nukem access code I will drop the price to $25. Those prices include shipping as well and I will either ship them on release date or the next day, PM me for more info if interested!

Both these topics seem kinda dead now but worth a try as I do not want this game and am willing to help out anyone that wants it. I want to keep it 1 game per person so I don't get someone trying to sell em, I will go 2 max if you have a good reason (friend or family)

**Also if you have any kind of discount code to add to it as well I'll be more than willing to use it on your game for you. If no one wants any or buys any I will probably just buy 3 and sell them on ebay lol[/QUOTE]

I am interested in getting one from you... PM on the way.

[quote name='caesius']Anyone know if I can cancel and switch to the limited edition, if it'll work?[/QUOTE]
I would contact Amazon first. That way if you can they can do it for you on their end or at least give you the okay to cancel and reorder.

I thought about doing this, but that LE isn't that great for me. 10 more bucks for 2 extra characters that should be included, a steel book case which is nice, but not that necessary and 1 month access to marvel online which I will never use. Oh and a 12 page comic? C'mon Capcom, could have been at least a full 32 page comic or a nice one shot.

What a lame CE, but $10 more for a steelbook I guess I'm in. . .

Do we know for sure if this isn't GS exclusive? It doesn't say anywhere that it is, but it does happen from time to time.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=88341#bonusFeatures

Gamestop has "Exclusive Console Decals", nothing else is listed as exclusive.
MvC3_BonusLG.jpg

Also the DLC says...
2 Playable DLC Characters – Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine. Content is available 4 weeks post-launch

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Amazon doesn't have it up yet, but as soon as they do, I'll be shooting them an email to see if I can upgrade and keep the 50% discount.[/QUOTE]

same here :bouncy:

It'd be nice if Amazon both stocked this CE and let us use our codes on it...I don't see why they wouldn't, really, since they'd still be getting 10 dollars more out of us either way. If they don't, I guess I'll have to buy Jill from the marketplace and not get the boss case.

[quote name='Jodou']What a lame CE, but $10 more for a steelbook I guess I'm in. . .

Do we know for sure if this isn't GS exclusive? It doesn't say anywhere that it is, but it does happen from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Steelbook case makes it an instant buy for me :) Not to mention the art on it looks purdy

[quote name='BlackRob183']Just tried, the 50% off does not work with the Collectors Edition, in case anyone cared :p[/QUOTE]I didn't find the CE anywhere on Amazon, so if you have a link to it, it would be appreciated.

All that comes up in search on Amazon is the non-CE version.

[quote name='Jodou']I don't know how you guys find this stuff because it's not even on a search list.[/QUOTE]

just do a search for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

[quote name='BlackRob183']Just tried, the 50% off does not work with the Collectors Edition, in case anyone cared :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ship']CE

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Cap..._7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1290007793&sr=1-7[/QUOTE]

I had gotten a response from Amazon that stated that they would honor the 50% off for the Collectors Edition. While the steel book is very pretty I'm not seeing the CE listed with ten dollars credit and I'll probably just wait to see if they offer it as well.

Time to wait patiently.

[quote name='62t']just do a search for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds[/QUOTE]
I found it. It doesn't show up right away and is tucked away on later pages. So weird.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thank you, just sent an email off to Amazon requesting an upgrade and if the 50% would still apply.[/QUOTE]

Can you get back to us on how that goes?

Might wait for the Special Edition to show up under the regular edition (when you can switch between them on the same page).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back