Marvel vs Capcom 3 50% off for Dead Rising 2 Amazon 360 pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
DR2 will be half price by the time MvsC3 comes out anyway, so it will workout for those of us that didn't preorder.

What!?!!?!?!?!

Just checked my email, and sure enough there's my code...time to pre-order this biatch!

EDIT: Just placed my order $28.99 + $10 VGC...damn I love Amazon!

Oh wow. Gotta love Amazon here. Let's recap:

I, like some other CAG's, snuck in on the limited pre-order price of 47.99. It went up for an afternoon one day when Newegg offered their pre-order at that price.

Got $10 off for the promotional credit being late

Got the $10 promotional credit a week later.

Got another $10 promotional credit for the avatar items being late.

Now being offered MvC3 for half price? Awesome.

I just need to decide if I want to contact their customer service about moving that to another title or something. Any which way, I used a bunch of these credits on AC:Brotherhood and have $15 from that in about two weeks. So I could get MvC3 for about $15. What to do..... :)

If you move it you will probably lose some value, but $20 for any game is worth more to me then $28 off a game I didnt want to get.

Dang it's 360! Who the hell plays a fighting game on the 360?? Did they give us the code based on what platform we bought DR? Or are they all 360 codes? When I actually go to preorder MvC3 I'm going to see if I can talk them into giving it to me for PS3 with the code. I'll still take it on 360 at that price but I'd rather get PS3 (for fighting games) anyday.

I still want my servbot helmet! :p

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dang it's 360! Who the hell plays a fighting game on the 360?? Did they give us the code based on what platform we bought DR? Or are they all 360 codes? When I actually go to preorder MvC3 I'm going to see if I can talk them into giving it to me for PS3 with the code. I'll still take it on 360 at that price but I'd rather get PS3 (for fighting games) anyday.

I still want my servbot helmet! :p[/QUOTE]Don't bother emailing them.

The 360 items were the ones that were delayed, not the PS3 items. They're doing this only for the 360 DR2 pre-orders, not PS3.

I just sent an email myself to Amazon to see if I can get my 50% off credit on the PS3 version of MvC3 instead. I can't believe they are giving such a huge discount for a delayed or cancelled 360 avatar item considering they already gave out a $10 credit for the wait. I bet MvC3 will probably have some game credit for pre-ordering as well. So awesome :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't bother emailing them.

The 360 items were the ones that were delayed, not the PS3 items. They're doing this only for the 360 DR2 pre-orders, not PS3.[/QUOTE]

I think he means he pre-ordered it and got the code but he doesnt want a fighting game on the 360. Considering they changed mine into a generic $20 discount fair odds he can get them to apply it to MvC3 for PS3 or get them to do what they did for me and just give generic $20 off video game.

:whistle2:k Guess I don't get why this is a "deal" to anyone other than those that got the email. I saw the thread and thought I was about to see a way to get MvC 3 for half off, all we get is a link to a post where we can beg for a code.

Great for those that got this email, just don't think it needs to go in this area to tease those that didn't. :shame:

I'm going to wait to order MvC3 until it gets closer to release time, just incase they release a special edition. The coupon they gave for 50% off doesn't expire until April. I don't wanna waste the code if there is a CE edition and it's worth getting.

[quote name='Wompdevil']I just sent an email myself to Amazon to see if I can get my 50% off credit on the PS3 version of MvC3 instead[/QUOTE]

Keep us updated on what they say. Between this and the two credits I got from DR2, I can snag MVC3 for 9 bucks so I'll be biting either way, but I'd prefer it on PS3.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I'm going to wait to order MvC3 until it gets closer to release time, just incase they release a special edition. The coupon they gave for 50% off doesn't expire until April. I don't wanna waste the code if there is a CE edition and it's worth getting.[/QUOTE]

Can't hurt to pre-order now in case the price drops for some reason between now and then.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Can't hurt to pre-order now in case the price drops for some reason between now and then.[/QUOTE]

That's true too, hmmm... Nah, I still think I'm gonna wait.

So after all is said and done, we've gotten $40 in credits and discounts for some avatar clothing that was never delivered. Nice.

Amazon said "no" to getting the discount for the PS3 version. It makes sense now that I see what it is they were supposed to provide - I didn't even realize the "bonus" was specific to the XBOX 360 (the avatar). I didn't even care about it - I love it when Amazon apologizes for stuff I didn't even know I didn't get. They gave me a $10 credit not too long ago because of some discount they thought I was owed on something else... I remember getting a credit because they didn't send me some poster for some other game...

I wanted this for the PS3, but for half off I guess I'll have to get the 360 one...

[quote name='oasisboy']So how is this a deal to me if I didnt preorder Dead Rising 2?[/QUOTE]

Well, you can check Ebay in April for my XBOX 360 copy since I plan on flipping it to try and get my "discount" for the PS3 version the hard way... :)

[quote name='oasisboy']So how is this a deal to me if I didnt preorder Dead Rising 2?[/QUOTE]

The world doesn't revolve around you, believe it or not. And I think the thread title was pretty easy to understand before you came in here to make a dumb post.

I sense bitterness??

got mine as well. Wasn't going to order MvsC3 but after this discount I can't refuse. Finally something to use my madcats stick.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']So it looks like the code works for more than 1 copy as well. Just placed an order for 2 and it came out to $57.99. Going to sell the other copy to my friend who was planning on picking it up anyways.[/QUOTE]

Would anyone from Boston be so kind as to order me a copy? I will love you forever! :)

i got a code and i dont plan on using it. Anyone intrested in trading me for the code PM with your deals.

im looking for the new red dead dlc or cmic jumper or whatever good offer you have

If any other CAGer would be willing to send a code my way, I could give a 48 hour code or the Gamestop Halo Reach helmet preorder code. I don't have much to offer but I am dying for this game and the help would be greatly appreciated.

I hate to resort to this, but I would REALLY appreciate a code for anyone that may have one. I have a couple of small things I could trade.

Thanks so much.

i got my email... but i HATE Marvel vs Capcom games(lack of skills is awful in that game)
so i guess ill just have to get the game then sell it

Man i would love to have this code. If anyone gets one, and does not plan to use it id like to have it. I have a Uncharted 2 GOTY DLC code i could trade it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back