Marvel vs Capcom 3 50% off for Dead Rising 2 Amazon 360 pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can haz code please?

Don't have much to trade, but can gift Wiiware / VC games.

Edit: Should have read OP first; Posted begging request in Trade Forum.

I've been informed that this code stacks on multiple copies of the game if you put them in your cart together. I haven't been able to confirm or deny as I had already pre-ordered it before learning this.

Anybody wanna try it out?

[quote name='uglyteradon']I've been informed that this code stacks on multiple copies of the game if you put them in your cart together. I haven't been able to confirm or deny as I had already pre-ordered it before learning this.

Anybody wanna try it out?[/QUOTE]

Works! Now just waiting for the "in for 100" posts...

By the way, you can cancel, resubmit a new order, and still have the promo code appear with no need to enter it again. Figured I'd post for anyone that wants to add a copy and resubmit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I'd take advantage of the fact you can stack copies ... but I think Amazon's generosity is enough on this one for me personally ... no need to go and do something greedy that might have them rethinking how they handle these types of situations ... just my thought on it.

[quote name='etcrane']Normally I'd take advantage of the fact you can stack copies ... but I think Amazon's generosity is enough on this one for me personally ... no need to go and do something greedy that might have them rethinking how they handle these types of situations ... just my thought on it.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I actually agree with you. Although I have already posted my findings, don't want to contribute to that type of stuff for others. Believe it or not, it was actually an accident as I had a copy in my cart but didn't pull the trigger. It wasn't until I saw the receipt that I noticed it was for 2 since the price was higher.

I'll alter my Amazon order as well.

I just go an email from Amazon saying they couldn't apply the discount to the PS3 version instead of the 360 version as well. No biggie, I will just get the 360 version and trade it somewhere for the PS3 version or maybe see if they will give me a $20 credit instead which would be about the profit I would make auctioning the game on ebay. Still cool of Amazon and Capcom!

I got it too I think, but my browser is so lame and my video card is null.

Can't quite make out all the fields, but is this the code format?

XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX

4-6-4 digit code?

so can anyone tell me if this Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is going to be any good or going to sell well? I have no interest in the game but was thinking of using my code and getting it for half off then selling it right away on ebay to make some $ if it has a demand.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I got it too I think, but my browser is so lame and my video card is null.

Can't quite make out all the fields, but is this the code format?

XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX

4-6-4 digit code?[/QUOTE]
Can someone confirm?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Can someone confirm?[/QUOTE]
4-6-6 on mine

Also tried to get them to let me get 50% off another game instead but was told they couldn't alter it, but did give me a $5 dollar credit to make up for any inconvenience.

I think it's been confirmed that the code stacks for multiple copies in an order, but has anyone confirmed that it's re-usable by someone else?

I know it's a jerky move to pull on Amazon; I'm not gonna pay someone for a coupon code anyhow, I'm just curious.

[quote name='grifta67']I think it's been confirmed that the code stacks for multiple copies in an order, but has anyone confirmed that it's re-usable by someone else?

I know it's a jerky move to pull on Amazon; I'm not gonna pay someone for a coupon code anyhow, I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]
It'd be funny if it was the same universal code like: MARV-ELVSCA-PCOM350

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']It'd be funny if it was the same universal code like: MARV-ELVSCA-PCOM350[/QUOTE]

Haha, not gonna lie, I tried to use that without actually reading it. What a bonehead!

[quote name='grifta67']Haha, not gonna lie, I tried to use that without actually reading it. What a bonehead![/QUOTE]

:lol:

A lot of people on Redit, Delighted, and SD have actually said that the codes are reusable.

It was actually posted for a minute on Delighted but got deleted (lame).

So I think I'm just going to wait until someone spills the beans again.

Whats funny is is see my $20 credit in my account and the code still works. I'm not going to abuse it because amazon will never do a deal again.

[quote name='BrandonJF']Amazon said "no" to getting the discount for the PS3 version. It makes sense now that I see what it is they were supposed to provide - I didn't even realize the "bonus" was specific to the XBOX 360 (the avatar). I didn't even care about it - I love it when Amazon apologizes for stuff I didn't even know I didn't get. They gave me a $10 credit not too long ago because of some discount they thought I was owed on something else... I remember getting a credit because they didn't send me some poster for some other game...

I wanted this for the PS3, but for half off I guess I'll have to get the 360 one...[/QUOTE]

daww that's ashame I wanted it for the ps3 also.

[quote name='Number83']I wonder if there is going to be a Collectors Edition, so I'm going to hold off pre-ordering just a little longer.[/QUOTE]Good point. Would certainly make a CE a little more easy to swallow if it was 50% off.

Reusable codes eh? Expect the 360 trade-in value to nose dive day one of release lol. I just wish it worked on PS3. :\

I read on another forum that the 50% off works on multiple copies of the game. Anyone with the code want to order an extra copy for me and Ill pay you for the game + shipping it to me?

I'm not sure how it works with the $10 promo credit. I know they are tied to the account that orders it but idk if you would get two. If you do get two maybe I can pay you 5 bucks less

Pm me if interested. Please and thank you!

Hmmm, it'd be nice if the codes ended up being reusable and it would be nice to pay 50% less, but this is a game I won't mind paying full price on launch for.

This is only going to make amazon the best customer service again on CAG. Gave my code to a friend and he is happy, I was just happy with the $10 credit.

I read on another forum that the 50% off works on multiple copies of the game. Anyone with the code want to order an extra copy for me and Ill pay you for the game + shipping it to me?

I'm not sure how it works with the $10 promo credit. I know they are tied to the account that orders it but idk if you would get two. If you do get two maybe I can pay you 5 bucks less

Pm me if interested. Please and thank you!

Yup, no dice on the PS3 version. Still ordered it and hopefully can get a trade later on for the PS3 version so I can use my fightstick.

i'm not a fan of fighting games. whoever messages me first, i'll give my 50% off to. might as well not waste it.

code is gone.

[quote name='shrike4242']Good point. Would certainly make a CE a little more easy to swallow if it was 50% off.[/QUOTE]

if there was a CE couldnt u just ask ask amazon cs to upgrade ur order with the discount still applied?

[quote name='Pyrazor']Can't say I'm that interested in DR2 but I woulda loved that MVC3 code.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm somewhat interested in Dead Rising 2, but overly hyped for MvC3.

[quote name='flanmister04']i'm not a fan of fighting games. whoever messages me first, i'll give my 50% off to. might as well not waste it.

[/QUOTE]
Too late? :cry:

[quote name='rogXue']mental note: preorder any game that offers Avatar items instead of in game items. Cry after failure.[/QUOTE]

Or you could do what I did:

Place pre-order for game with avatar items. Cancel pre-order for game with avatar items. Read thread about promotional discounts from pre-ordering game with avatar items. Cry after epic failure.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']if there was a CE couldnt u just ask ask amazon cs to upgrade ur order with the discount still applied?[/QUOTE]The code is good until April 2011, so there's no rush to pre-order now until we know for certain if there will or won't be a CE for it.

Why isnt this thread closed? It isn't a video game deal but just a special promo code for those who bought dead rising thru amazon?

if its not open to the public, this cant seriously count as a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back