Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD"

So far the show has been ho-hum. The episode 5 preview showing the Asian guy with fire powers has me somewhat piqued if it turns out to be Sunfire.
I'm pretty sure Marvel has some sort of 'No Mutants' clause with Fox. That's more than likely going to be Nameless Joe getting a super power injection.

It has been OK. Has the same feeling as the movies, though not as strong. Would like to see more Marvel-ness though. There has been a gajillion references to Avengers and a couple to IM3 but none to the other movies. Would be interesting to see Rhodey, Thunderbolt Ross, or Justin Hammer in the show.

Wow, I finally got a chance to catch up and the last two episodes were really good. Big improvement over the last couple episode before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing the supporting characters make some cameo's from the movies.   Who knows this shadowy stuff could all be the work of Hammer trying to get revenge!

If this show ends towards april/may I wonder if there will be a nod or tie in for the new captain america 2 movie.

I haven't yet caught an episode of this show, but I'm thinking about checking out out. I read some of your guy's posts and I'm hesitant to give it a chance. I might check it out when it hits blu-ray or dvd. 

This show needs cameos up the waazoo. And they don't even need to be from the movies. For hells sake throw in Squirrel Girl or Howard the Duck for all I care. Gimmie Mahvel Baybee.

Anybody still into this? Seems like the love died out a month ago. I made it through the Nov 5th episode (via DVR) and I'm debating whether or not to keep watching. There's only been 1 or 2 episodes I really enjoyed so far. My wife got up mid show and started cleaning during this last episode lol

I've watched all of it. I really loved the last three episodes, but I can see why others wouldn't. It can be incredibly boring and the acting is kinda bad (lookin' at you, Skye), but the Coulson stuff is perfect for me. The stuff with Mei is good too. I like how she's basically the Batman of the group.

Finally this show is now much more serious.  This show has improved much better compared to the episodes last year.

Anyone esle saw last night's episode?

Does that take place before or during Winter Soldier?

I'm guessing last night was Part 1, before Winter Soldier, and next week is Part 2 after you see the movie.

I do like how they reference that 2 of the x-men do not exist.  I guess it has to do with the whole Sony vs. Marvel Studios thing.

I haven't seen last night's episode, but I love Agents of SHIELD. Like the characters, like the way they're going with the plot. Looking forward to eventually seeing last night's episode On Demand later this week.

From what I've read on twitter, the events of this week's show and the events of the movie happen concurrently. This is gonna make me go see Cap 2 earlier than I thought.

I've really been digging this show. I only watch two shows when they broadcast. AoS and Arrow. Anything else I'll wait until Netflix has it or I'll stream it later.

Last night's show was actually pretty good.  Yes, I do believe that they purposely shot this episode to connect with CA2.  Like I said before the only thing that's keeping this show from being canned is the movies.  As soon as Marvel starts making bad movies, this show will be done.  It's only a matter of time before they have one bad movie that under performs. 

Dangit, this sucks.  I've been trying to record the show, but since it technically ends at 9:01pm it doesn't record because of other recording conflicts.  I've tried to keep up online, but it's hard.  Luckily there was a mid season break for a few weeks, so I'm only about 5 episode behind.  I have some time off coming up, so hopefully I can catch up.

Ive watched every episode, can honestly say I almost gave up on it after the first few, but the last 5-6 episodes have been really good.

And of course this only exists because of the movies, but I dont see a bomb coming anytime soon from Marvel. That special episode from a few weeks back about how they set out to create the movie universe was great. They know what they are doing.

Going to see winter soldier on friday and cant wait for guardians.

Yea, after seeing Winter Soldier I'm really interested in how the next ep will tie in if its supposed to be following the same timeline.

So this get better? I watched most of last season but I was forcing myself the entire time.
The last few episodes have been really interesting, you really don't know where the show is going. If you've watched Captain America you have more questions than answers now but puts things into perspective.

So Captain America: Winter Soldier was basically WrestleMania...

Marvel Agents of SHIELD is basically Monday Night Raw the day after...

As one who hasn't seen the film, I'm glad it only tied in a little bit. It was a solid episode. Insane turnarounds every few minutes.

Also, seriously - WARD!

I'm happy they found a way to tie into the movie. Right after we got out both my kids said "What's going to happen to Agents of SHIELD"?.

However, the' who is in Hydra and who is not in Hydra' is getting a little tedious.

A bit realistic though, especially since we don't know who IS in Hydra.

One thing said in the series that could be glossed over and wasn't really addressed in Captain America are the other S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters around the world are still crawling with HYDRA agents.

Also kind of Fridge Horror/Nightmare Fuel is that, given the events of the film, S.H.I.E.L.D., which is supposed to protect us from outside forces, was really hiding our worst enemy. 

This arc is a perfect reason for this show to exist. Even though Hydra's main plot was foiled, they're still essentially in control with SHIELD still splintered.

Is the perky secret SHIELD base guy from the comics?

I have to say, the past few episodes have taken the Fridge Horror of Winter Soldier to the extreme.

- SHIELD is gone. Kaput. Not existing anymore.
- Everything SHIELD knew is now able to be freely accessed on the Internet, including all their data on all the superweapons and alien tech they have gleaned.
- SHIELD likely had a lot of not-so-good info on various financial leaders, businesses, and politician's, so the world's political climate and and economy are probably going down the crapper.
- HYDRA, despite losing the Helicarriers, still has a crapton of bases, Loki's scepter, and have captured several SHIELD bases.
- One of those bases held several high threat criminals and had a ton of alien tech. No word of if Blonsky and Sterns are free, though.
- Coulson's team is in a secret base but are essentially on their own and already compromised.
- Because of what happened in Thor 2, Loki likely knows that Coulson's alive.
- Ultron and Thanos are on the way.

Yea, MCU Earth is pretty much fuck ed.

I have to say, the past few episodes have taken the Fridge Horror of Winter Soldier to the extreme.

- SHIELD is gone. Kaput. Not existing anymore.
- Everything SHIELD knew is now able to be freely accessed on the Internet, including all their data on all the superweapons and alien tech they have gleaned.
- SHIELD likely had a lot of not-so-good info on various financial leaders, businesses, and politician's, so the world's political climate and and economy are probably going down the crapper.
- HYDRA, despite losing the Helicarriers, still has a crapton of bases, Loki's scepter, and have captured several SHIELD bases.
- One of those bases held several high threat criminals and had a ton of alien tech. No word of if Blonsky and Sterns are free, though.
- Coulson's team is in a secret base but are essentially on their own and already compromised.
- Because of what happened in Thor 2, Loki likely knows that Coulson's alive.
- Ultron and Thanos are on the way.

Yea, MCU Earth is pretty much fuck ed.
Hang on, why would Loki know Coulson's alive and why would he even care?

Hang on, why would Loki know Coulson's alive and why would he even care?
Loki knows Coulson's alive because he rules Asgard (as Odin) and Sif would have reported it after her spotlight episode.

As to why Loki would care, he IS a dear friend of Thor's and he did personally kill the guy.

Loki knows Coulson's alive because he rules Asgard (as Odin) and Sif would have reported it after her spotlight episode.

As to why Loki would care, he IS a dear friend of Thor's and he did personally kill the guy.
I dunno about dear friend of Thor's...but okay. Still, I dont think that will matter much compared to what else is going on in the MCU right now.

A very tense episode, but aside from finally meeting Coulson's girlfriend, most of the episode seemed to a bridge between the last one and the next one.

Agreed, the next episode should add to the story as the last was basically a bridge episode. My wife was sad for Coulson as she likes him a lot. What are your thoughts as to what is going to happen next as I'm assuming we are passed the events of Captain America

I would be shocked if Garrett survives the end of the season. Ward, I'm not sure about. He doesn't have the personality to be a Big Bad, but he could easily continue to be a Dragon.

Obviously, Triplett is Ward's Season 2 replacement.

As for SHIELD, I can see Coulson's team being an independant force and try and rebuild, which will take up most of Season 2. How well that will go will depend on Avengers 2.

A decent conclusion to that particular part of the arc, but this story is just begging for at least one Avenger to show up.

It would let us know what he did after Cap 2 at least.

Though with Hill being a member of Stark Enterprises now, an Iron Man/Hulk vs Hydra battle is also begging to happen.

Finally finished the season.  I thought it was pretty good overall.  Glad I stopped watching the episodes so that I could see CA: Winter Soldier and then resume watching the show.  I thought the last episode was pretty good, kept it light with some of the comedy with everyone dying.

I am actually satisfied with the finale. It wrapped up all the leftover plot points without seeming too stupid, Nick Fury was great despite not actually doing anything, they thankfully left open the possibility of Fitzsimmons returning (seriously, if they killed off Fitz I would have been pissed), and Garrett's return is quite possibly the best stinger subversion I've seen.

Yeah when I saw
Garrett get up and climb on the table I got pissed off.  I yelled at the TV, "Why the hell would they not have taken the body with them or destroyed it or SOMETHING!?!?"  And then Coulson just atomized him and I laughed my ass off.
  They definitely had me going.

That last scene of his seemed like some wonky editing to me.  He goes from being locked up in a case to being out and about in a completely different room with no showing of how he got there.

It definitely had that "Whedon" feel to it.

That last scene of his seemed like some wonky editing to me. He goes from being locked up in a case to being out and about in a completely different room with no showing of how he got there.

It definitely had that "Whedon" feel to it.
That's part of what had me confused. I assumed when he was in the body bag/coffin/case thing they were in that same room where the fight and all the talking took place (that magic chair was in the background). But then everyone was gone, I guess the body bag could have been left right next to the chair, but still didn't make sense why he would be the last person they would clear out.

When I saw him in the case, I assumed that he would be going to a new Fridge and eventually wake up later. Much happier with this ending.

This should would not have survived if it didn't have aftermath tie in to CA2.    Fury's cameo was pretty good, but really wished he had his eye patch back.  I don't take him seriously wearing sunglasses. 

So Culson is the new director of the now defunct SHIELD... Sounds like Fury just dumped a whole shit load of problems to someone else so he can still play dead......

I really thought the guy was going to come back now as a powered up weapon, but as soon as Culson atomized him, that really made me LOL.

New season start a tonight. I enjoyed most of the first season. I hope season 2 doesn't have a sophomore stumble.

bread's done
Back