Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD"

I missed this weeks ep. but I'll agree that it hasn't been as exciting. It'll pick up I'm sure.

Start with season 2. If you liked Alias and other spy shows, you're ready. All you need to know is what happens post-Winter Soldier, and the main characters deal with Hydra way more than Captain America.

The second season of SHIELD is way awesome but ABC foolishly put it in a timeslot where nobody's gonna watch it because of stiff competition from CBS, and for some Fox and the CW. They're fighting the Absorbing Man, Agent Dale Cooper, Peter Burke from White Collar, Nathan Petrelli from Heroes, and Bobby Cobb!

I also feel sorry for the show after it, Forever, where Ioan Guffudd is great and it has Judd Hirsch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend people not to watch season 1, but start with season 2. Last night's episode was damn good, as we learn the truth about Whitehall and how much of a Nazi bastard he really is. I'm really intrigued in the story of how Skye's parents met.

Of course plus 1 for Peggy Carter in that scene. If you want to know about how many Nazis the CIA had in their employ after WW2, and doing everything they could to prevent the public from finding out, go to the local library for The Nazis Next Door.

I'm really enjoying Season 2 so far. It was very cool to see Dichen Lachman (Sierra from "Dollhouse") play Skye's mother.

I think its just starting to hit its stride. I think a TNG-like show ahead, season 3 will click and it will be mostly smooth sailing to the end.

Big ending to the first half of the season. Wish we didn't have to wait until March for the next episode.

Aw man, my other favorite character is dead. I was not expecting that at all.

And Peggy Carter will premiere next month as opposed to next week. :(
You didn't expect them to kill off a black character? Thats like standard in every Marvel/Syfy/Zombie/Nerd thing now.

I knew they were going to kill one of the two black guys as soon as the last ten minutes of the winter finally.

You didn't expect them to kill off a black character? Thats like standard in every Marvel/Syfy/Zombie/Nerd thing now.

I knew they were going to kill one of the two black guys as soon as the last ten minutes of the winter finally.
I like that characters die regularly, adds excitement to the show. Its not very predictable(problem with Arrow and Flash, I can usually figure out the last 5 minutes in the first ten, so that episode 1 of arrow this season was a big surprise).

The fact they have to wrap the show around a crap load of other writers storys from the movies most make it a huge pain for the show, but adds value to the show.

The black guys dying in shows:
I have been noticing that a lot in recent movies. It used to be the stereotype, was a joke death in one of the final destinations, and now they are doing it all over again.

I agree, way awesome. A little bummer after Agent Carter is gone, but pretty cool. I guess the show learned it gotta be a spy show with incidental superpowers.

I agree, way awesome. A little bummer after Agent Carter is gone, but pretty cool. I guess the show learned it gotta be a spy show with incidental superpowers.
Are they going to bring a season 2 or still unclear? I remember reading somewhere that the ratings wearn't to high.

I'm loving it. Been watching since day 1. Ever since the midpoint of season 1, the show has been fantastic.
The past few episodes and the direction it's taking is interesting. Have any of the characters for inhumans been revealed yet?

Are they going to bring a season 2 or still unclear? I remember reading somewhere that the ratings wearn't to high.

The past few episodes and the direction it's taking is interesting. Have any of the characters for inhumans been revealed yet?
The movie or the show? I know that supposedly one of the female Shield cast member will make an appearance in Avenger 2.

I take back what I said about the show being lame. I caught up in eps over a week ago and i'm really enjoying the series now.

still shipping jemma and bobbi O:)

As the TC of this thread gotta say there needs to be a thread for Daredevil. Smokes this show, I mean seriously makes this one look like a joke. Sucks we'll be waiting probably close to two years before more episodes.

I know its a super common trope, but I rolled my eyes so hard when they were like "Yep, the main plot device of the last 10 episodes is gone, but btw, we already knew that 6 others existed and Hydra has them"

At least we're getting more powered people in the show now. 

Last night episodes was pretty good too. I like the jokes too. Skye:
"I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings."
and Simmons:
"Should have shot him in the face."

Can't wait to catch the Avengers this weekend.

Side note: There's a promo where you get a $10 movie e-cash with a purchase of a 24 pack of Eggo's waffle. A 24 pack is only $4.78 at Walmart. It is advertised as an Avengers ticket but you can pick any other film. The movie e-cash expires on 8/31/15. Great way to catch all the movies this summer for cheap besides bootlegging them.

Interesting, but I might end up paying $6 to watch Age of Ultron, no crappy waffles required.

I was watching iZombie last night and flipped over during commercial. I saw the part where Skye infiltrated the base to save Lincoln the electric boy. Badass.

That was quite impressive.   I was really, really hoping they were going to show a clip connecting the show with the beginning of the movie..similar to TWS...but all it had was a mention of sending in the avengers...meh.

Since I have missed like 95% of the season I have no idea who the hell are all these other characters...why is Admiral Adama working with Shield?

As the TC of this thread gotta say there needs to be a thread for Daredevil. Smokes this show, I mean seriously makes this one look like a joke. Sucks we'll be waiting probably close to two years before more episodes.
I am halfway through Daredevil so far and I think it is very good. I am enjoying both shows but it doesn't make Shield look like a joke. The two shows are like two different genre of shows. It's like comparing The Dark Knight and Avengers. Daredevil is more dark, violent, and serious while Shield is not. You can also watch Daredevil whole season at once, which is a better way to watch a tv season.

Glad I stayed up to watch it. #AwesomeTotallyAwesome.

Freakin' Ward.

And
Raina's dead, nobody survives knife to throat without immediate treatment. And Simmons IS VENOM.

Glad I stayed up to watch it. #AwesomeTotallyAwesome.
Freakin' Ward.

And
Raina's dead, nobody survives knife to throat without immediate treatment. And Simmons IS VENOM.
Could be, but I think she is the inhuman Naja. She was talking about being an angel reborn. I think she will be back. But that talk about angel being reborn could just be her transformation after the mist. Also this is a comic show. Coulson came back when his heart was pierced through.

I guess we won't find out until October. And I won't be bothered to rewatch this season until it's out on DVD. I might just buy it on Black Friday.

This season started great, got pretty boring in the middle (with the exception being the mid-season finale itself), and picked up steam again near the end. Overall pretty good, certainly better than most of season one,  but between this and Arrow, I'm really starting to wish our shows were handled like BBC programs - 6 tightly-plotted episodes per season, no filler, then we're done until next time. Or, at the very least a 13 episode run like Daredevil on Netflix.

22 episodes just leads to too much meandering. When the extra time is spent on worthwhile character building, it can be nice, but that's not what we always get.

I think I'd prefer something like:  13 episode season of S.H.I.E.L.D., followed by 13 episode season of Agent Carter, 6 episode season of a S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off (like the proposed Mockingbird/Hunter show, or even Deathlok), and then rinse and repeat next year.

I'm probably in a minority though.  

This season started great, got pretty boring in the middle (with the exception being the mid-season finale itself), and picked up steam again near the end. Overall pretty good, certainly better than most of season one, but between this and Arrow, I'm really starting to wish our shows were handled like BBC programs - 6 tightly-plotted episodes per season, no filler, then we're done until next time. Or, at the very least a 13 episode run like Daredevil on Netflix.

22 episodes just leads to too much meandering. When the extra time is spent on worthwhile character building, it can be nice, but that's not what we always get.

I think I'd prefer something like: 13 episode season of S.H.I.E.L.D., followed by 13 episode season of Agent Carter, 6 episode season of a S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off (like the proposed Mockingbird/Hunter show, or even Deathlok), and then rinse and repeat next year.

I'm probably in a minority though.
I'm with you, that's why I prefer the Netflix produced shows, they get straight to the point, with very few filler episodes.

I finally just finished this season and enjoyed it. I feel like the twist
with Skye's mother
wasn't built to properly though.

Also
isn't Coulson part alien? Why would the crystal affect him?

I finally just finished this season and enjoyed it. I feel like the twist
with Skye's mother
wasn't built to properly though.

Also
isn't Coulson part alien? Why would the crystal affect him?
Coulson was just treated with Kree blood but he is not a inhuman. He does not have inhumans genes.

Really enjoyed the episode last night

I really hope they don't have a new Inhuman every week and they are trying to convince him/her to stay with Shield for their own safety, especially if every Inhuman will be such a bad actor as that guy. I  was really surprised that Coulson didn't know they were falling into a trap, he is always really smart about that. I thought that at the end of S2 Shield was being backed by the government again but then this other agency backed by the government is trying to stop Shield? This better stop quickly, it's getting old. The best part of the episode was that there was no May in it, I really hate her character and don't understand why she seems like a fan favorite.

From the preview for next week it looks like
Simmons is on the other side of the Universe? I hope they use this to connect Shield with the Marvel Universe from Guardians of the Galaxy somehow. It's hard to say how they could do it from the preview but I really hope they do somehow.

bread's done
Back